FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Dude :cool: Peek-a-boo (Page 18)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: Dude :cool: Peek-a-boo
Peek
Member # 7688

- posted      Profile for Peek   Email Peek         Edit/Delete Post 
what is going on my dudes? how is everyone? are you doing the dew?

Dude [Cool] peekaboo

Yeah.

Posts: 112 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I need a Dew. I had a SoBe thingamajig last night, foregoing the Dew for reasons that are now unclear to me, and have been regretting it ever since.

Dude [Cool] Dr S

Yeah

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Creator Aleks
Member # 9134

- posted      Profile for Creator Aleks   Email Creator Aleks         Edit/Delete Post 
Dew's all good.

Peek, where's the a-boo?

Dude

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey dew-ds (especially peek-a-dew!)

The luck of the Irish be on ye! Go back to the roots and drink the green elixir that is good.

So that all is good.

Beware the Ides of March, dew-ds; keep your dew close, or your best buddy might snag it from you when you aren't looking! So saith Julius Caesar.

dude [Cool] Bokonon

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Creator Aleks
Member # 9134

- posted      Profile for Creator Aleks   Email Creator Aleks         Edit/Delete Post 
that was deep dude.
Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Creator Aleks
Member # 9134

Dew you think dat dew-d Ceaser Dew'd the Dew?

Cause that would be all good.

Peek
Member # 7688

Dew wasn't around in caesars time, but im sure he knew the concept of all-goodness.

dude [Cool] peekaboo

yeah.

Posts: 112 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
Ode to Dew.

By Storm J. Brown, a.k.a. RunningBear

I see it shine,
I wait in line,
I cannot wait,
I speed my gait,

Mountain Dew,
In a can,
silver, sound,
made by man,

Filled with joy,
drunk by boy,
with chow mein,
covered by soy.

Drink on beach
evokes speech,
Drink on couch,
removes slouch.

Working hours,
Oh so long,
as they drag,
on and on.

Oh the dew,
it brings me life,
so I forget,
all the strife.

green and sweet,
good with meat,
makes me sing,
makes my voice ring,

Oh my heart,
it does break,
as the dew washes,
down the steak.

blood sets fire!
Heart does dance!
The dew I guzzle!
sends me into trance!

My ode to Dew,
tis' not prose,
But the green nectar,
does smell like rose.

Fear is gone,
Sleep does leave,
This lovely soma,
does give me ease.

An empty can,
shell of love,
my eyes open,
see shining dove,
wreathed by dew,
such fine brew,
makes eyes water,
at loss of you.

Fin

.'.'.'.'

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
-sniff- aye, it brought a tear to me eye lad.
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

So Dew-tiful

Dew tiful.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Althai
Member # 9275

- posted      Profile for Althai           Edit/Delete Post 
Does this thread make anyone else wonder what sorts of mind-altering effects the artificial ingredients in Mountain Dew are having on people?

David

Posts: 29 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

Nope, I wrote that poem because I have not had that Dew-Tiful serum for many, many, months. I am a XC/Track Runner, so I am not allowed to have it.

[Cry]

calaban
Member # 2516

I categoriacally deny any dew related side effects. However in regards to the allegations that Dew has altrered my mind I have only this to say.

I was crazy in the first place.

I hope that puts your mind at ease and allows you to consume the Dew without worrying about such things as insanity, LSC, male pattern baldness, toe fungus, or even worse, the much dreaded Lacaseriousitous.

This has been a public service announcement.

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

The Surgeon General of the Nation Of RunningBearopolus has deemed said beverage Mountain Dew to be a positive and healthful factor in the prevention of cancer, ebola, E.coli, E.Bola, Ecola, H5N1 Rhino Virus, Aging, and Concernicilli. The ingestion of said beverage is a positive and youthfulizing factor in the maintennance of the human body.

note: In all other sovereign nations other than RunningBearopolus this may not be true and should not be taken as fact.

CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
I have never gotten the measles. It must be because of the Dew.

dude [Cool] c rash

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

itll dew you a lot of good

dew'd

[Cool]

CRash
Member # 7754

Code Red was the nectar of choice today at the dodgeball tournament. Red like the dodgeballs. CR has become my favorite Dew.

dude [Cool] c rash

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peek
Member # 7688

my dudes, my wisdom teeth came out yesterday and I cannot drink my dew. please do keep me in your thoughts during this dewless period in my life.

Dude [Cool] peekaboo

Yeah.

Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
My deepest condolences for your loss. Don't worry, it'l all be good soon, 'cause it's all good.

Dude [Hail] FToad

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wall Bash] [Wall Bash]
Sorry about that

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

Wisdom teeth are always fun.(sarc. /off) On the bright side you won't have all your back teeth impacted against each other later in life [Smile]

Hopefully your experience is as painless as mine was.

My wisom teeth were the mutant wisdom teeth of death having 7 roots each. The surgeon said there was no way I would get through it under general so they put me all the way out. Lots of painkillers made for a painless recovery.

Share the experience with us as I drink a dew to your quick recovery. [Cool]

Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Another month, so it again time to carry out my dew-ty of posting in this all-good thread... I know I should be dew-ing good, but I have to admit that losing an hour of potential dew-drinking time this past weekend bums me out. At least we get it back in October!

Stay good folks. may April showers be abundant with dew.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

I ACTUALLY haven't drank Dew in years.

Dude [Cool] FToad

CRash
Member # 7754

Dude, you must have massive withdrawal symptoms. How can you live without the nectar?

dude [Cool] c rash

RunningBear
Member # 8477

It hurts, but sometimes you gotta put off the dew.

I run, so I cant have it...

thats what spurred me to write that poem,

by the way what dew you all think of it???

Peek
Member # 7688

i love the poem, bear that runs.

Dude [Cool] peekaboo

Yeah.

johnplaystuba
Member # 8792

- posted      Profile for johnplaystuba   Email johnplaystuba         Edit/Delete Post 
I def know it's all good.

It's all good b/c this isn't how it ends...

Posts: 11 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I find it depressingly sad how many resturants do not serve the Dew. I myself prefer water at most resturants, but my friends, the Dew obsessed Ukrainian/Rhode Islander twins, are always in the doldrums because of it. They have taken to carrying a few liters around in the car, just in case, ya know?

It's alllll goood.

Dude [Cool] Dr S

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

It is depressing to me that most restaurants in my area serve Coke rather than Pepsi products. Coke does not have anything that meets the standard of Dew.

dude [Cool] c rash

Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

They certainly try hard though (ever heard of Sierra Mist?)
[Mad] [Wall Bash]

Dude [Cool] FToad

CRash
Member # 7754

The Mist is, I must say, not up to Dew standard. Caffeine-free. Anyhow, the Mist name is a pathetic rip-off of the true electric nectar. And it doesn't come in a cherry flavor, either.

dude [Cool] c rash

Jimbo the Clown
Member # 9251

- posted      Profile for Jimbo the Clown   Email Jimbo the Clown         Edit/Delete Post 
The Dew, especially the exceptionally good Baja Blast, is good, yes. Unfortunately, I prefer Sunkist Orange. One of the few Orange sodas with Caffiene, Sunkist is better than (dare I say it?) even the great Doctor Who!
Posts: 135 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

Heretic.
I Am The War Chief
Member # 9266

- posted      Profile for I Am The War Chief   Email I Am The War Chief         Edit/Delete Post 
BURN THE WITCH! BURN HER! IF She wieghs as much as a duck she's made of wood and therfore A WITCH!
Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimbo the Clown
Member # 9251

- posted      Profile for Jimbo the Clown   Email Jimbo the Clown         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh. Bugger. Well, I better get the scales.
Posts: 135 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

quote:
Originally posted by I Am The War Chief:
BURN THE WITCH! BURN HER! IF She wieghs as much as a duck she's made of wood and therfore A WITCH!

Awesome, just awesome! [ROFL]
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it"
-Mitch Hedburg

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

If Jimbo's going to go on trial, he needn't worry. He can just bend the bars, go through the walls, and run into the forest, caught up in the greensong. The greensong, however, does require something green. Dew anyone? I've never heard of orangesong. Too bad.

Dude [Cool] FToad

RunningBear
Member # 8477

However, if Jimbo rejects the dew, how can he escape? he must accept the dew, or be dew-med.
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Dew is the only rational choice in an establishment that stocks only Pepsi products.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peek
Member # 7688

peek misses mitch hedburg. mitch was one of peekys idols.

Dude [Cool] peekaboo

Yeah.

RunningBear
Member # 8477

Deeewwwwwwwwwwwdd.

This thread is almost five years old.

wow.

CRash
Member # 7754

Dude, this thread IS five years old. It celebrated its big 5th on January 14th of this year.

dude [Cool] c rash

RunningBear
Member # 8477

Best.

Thread.

Ever.

Yep, its good.

I ran a lot today, threw a bunch of pointy metal sticks today, sweated a lot today.

its all good.

Dude- The Bear That Runs. [Cool]

Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

How'd you dew?

Dude [Cool] FToad

CRash
Member # 7754

Dude, this is reply 900. This thread is cool as ice-cold Dew. May it live forever.

dude [Cool] c rash

RunningBear
Member # 8477

The 1-k mark looms like a massive can of liquid green lightning.

The Bear that Runs

Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

This thread has been kept up for five years, and shows no sign of stopping.

Dude [Cool] FToad

RunningBear
Member # 8477

It shall never die

*SALUTE!

Numinor West
Member # 9375

- posted      Profile for Numinor West   Email Numinor West         Edit/Delete Post 
When this reaches 1000, does that make it qualify as a "Landmark Thread"?
Posts: 90 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.