FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New members post here! (Page 16)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22   
Author Topic: New members post here!
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome! [Wave]

tykemerry -- I'm sure glad you signed your post "Mike" because up until that point I was sure you were a female. Somehow that screenname (tykemerry) just sounded female to me. I hate it when I guess the wrong gender of someone when posting to them.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tykemerry
Member # 7126

- posted      Profile for tykemerry   Email tykemerry         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Farmgirl. Tykemerry is a sort of reshuffling of my full name which is Mike Terry. I had to come up with it years ago when I joined AOL and didn't want to be MikeTerry2000034245.

Cheers.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, TM, AuroraPhage, gingerjam,mmzoller.
Welcome to the forum! [Wave]

[ December 14, 2004, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elfenn
Member # 7151

- posted      Profile for Elfenn   Email Elfenn         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi ! I'm a french Alvin fan. I dream about a real crystal city and i think it's possible to build it. Who's ready to walk on this path ? Don't forget your tools, there is a lot of work to do.
let's work in joy !

Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nania
Member # 7144

- posted      Profile for Nania   Email Nania         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have the patience to read 16+pages of one post, but I'll be glad to add to it!

Online, I go by Nania. Just some name I made up a few years ago when trying to think of an online alias. I'm in NC, USA. I did live in Greensboro for some time. Thats how I got to know about OSC. My Introduction Post Was all explained there.
I'm a mindless drone (or at least supposed to be) for a car dealership. Well the official title is Customer Service Representative, but i'm just a Receptionist who can no longer read in between phone calls or do anything. Just sit there and look "pretty" while waiting for the next idiot to call. Okay, that is quite harsh, but when you give someone the choice between a service manager desk and the service appointment desk, I don't need a life story or a debate in order to get an answer. Also, its not a yes or no question. Either one, A or B. Okay, I'm done trashing 75% of the people I talk to all day, it just gets on your nerves after a while. The only allowed entertainment I'm allowed at my job is to listen to people contemplate whether they should speak to a service advisor/manager or just go straight to the appointment desk.
I'm told that I'm just too smart to be a phone operator, which is why I'm going back to school this spring. Yay! Maybe I'll finish the semester. [ROFL] I've gone through 4 semesters and completed 1. Not that I couldn't have, its more of situations out of my control prevented me from attending my classes. I don't claim to be very smart or anything, but I know I'm wasting my abilities on answering phones, if a monkey could talk, it could do my job. Luckily they can't, so I still have a source of income! I'm only 20 by the way. Alas, a little girl to many. Don't judge too harshly now! [Smile]
Anywho, I'm rambling. As another post had said, my brain went away during work today. It couldn't take being neglected anymore. I don't blame it. I'd run away too if I was my brain. Good night [Sleep]

Posts: 11 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gingerjam
Member # 7113

- posted      Profile for gingerjam   Email gingerjam         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi thanks for the welcome! [Wave]

Hope you all had a great Christmas period...we went camping up the coast of Western Australia, went snorkelling in the warm clear blue water of Turquiose Bay and got home to a burgled house, but what can you do...

oh and I managed to introduce another friend to EG and and an existing EG fan to ES by buying them the books...some people spread Christmas cheer...I spread the Enderverse!

Posts: 46 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vid
Member # 7172

- posted      Profile for Vid   Email Vid         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone, my name is Vid (drop the Da- from David... long story [Smile] ), and I'm a huge EG fan. Due to school and work, I have been unable to allow my love for the Ender/Shadow Series to spread to other Card works, but I have done my best to bring others into loving the Enderverse.

(Thinking of other info to include...)

I go to school in Whitewater, Wisconsin, and I'm getting married in July of next year. I'm at school for computers, but in the end I hope to be a pastor. I guess that's all for me.

Nice meeting all of you!

[ December 30, 2004, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Vid ]

Posts: 162 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Qadar
Member # 7175

- posted      Profile for Qadar   Email Qadar         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all
newby here.

Im from Somalia but grew up in Sydney Australia,
and Dubai in the gulf.

I an avid reader of sciencefiction but i never came across OSC work until a year and a half ago
when i first saw Enders Game in my local library.
I was lucky that my library stocked the entire
ender series, which i was hooked on from that day on.

I have just read the 3 chapters from SofG and i am already experiencing withdrawl symptoms.

Anyway happy new year everybody
[Party]

Posts: 12 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xtownaga
Member # 7187

- posted      Profile for xtownaga   Email xtownaga         Edit/Delete Post 
so hello all, I'm new (or I've suddenly experianced selective amnesia which has erased only my memories of this board [Razz] )

anyway, I read the released Ender/Bean books awhile back and just got Maps in a Mirror for christmas...

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JemmyGrove
Member # 6707

- posted      Profile for JemmyGrove   Email JemmyGrove         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome [Wave]

Gingerjam:

quote:
I'm only just discovering the world of the net and so will be lurking while I try to figure out how being part of an online community works
I hear you. I've finally decided to try to break out of lurkdom and it's a little frightening to me. It's probably silly, but I feel like I'm really putting myself out in a world of strangers with every post I, uh, post.

tykemerry:

quote:
I suspect my age is quite a bit higher than the mean age here
I think you'll find a relatively mature community here. Lots of family folks. It's OK to be old. [Wink]

I was reading through some of this thread and noticing a discouraging trend among newbies: many people join, post a few times for about a week, and then disappear and are never heard from again (which, incidentally,is just what I did about six months ago, except for the never-heard-from-again part, which I'm trying to remedy). It's funny how I can find myself missing people I never even knew. Here's hoping you'll all hang around, make yourselves at home here.

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
YOU haven't been officially welcomed either, so I tip my hat [Hat] to you for your kind words and say "Welcome!"

Oh, and I'll wink at you too. *wink*

I also would like to welcome the rest of you! I've seen Vid post a few times, but I'd love it if you would all hang around and contribute. I am a champion lurker and I mostly hang around fluff, but it's still fun and I've gotten to know a lot of really wonderful people.

And now, I'm addicted. [Blushing]

*psst* and don't be afraid to post on the other side of the forum. We don't bite, we just talk really fast.

[ January 08, 2005, 06:27 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strawcatz
Member # 7215

- posted      Profile for Strawcatz   Email Strawcatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I was originally only going to post one thing and run off, but now that I realize how intelligent and mature this community is I think I will stay around for a while.

I basically consider myself to be a philosopher even though I'm merely a student. We are all students and the people we encounter in this world are our teachers, even if they don't realize it.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Hello Strawcatz and welcome to the forum! [Wave]

If you want to get into some of the deeper discussions of all taboo subjects (like religion, politics, etc.) be sure to check the other side of the active forums -- Books, Food, etc. etc. -- which has a much more lively trend...

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dazzling Kira
Member # 7281

- posted      Profile for Dazzling Kira           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!
This is my very first post on any forum. I admit to being a little nervous. I don't know why. Maybe because I have lurked here for many months and people here are so cool and popular and smart and I just want to be part of the community. Of course anyone who likes Orson Scott Card's writings is cool. I love his writing. All of it. [Cool]

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Hi Kira!

Anyone who can raise three boys and maintain her sanity enough to post on here is a winner with me!

[Wave] Farmgirl

Dazzling Kira
Member # 7281

- posted      Profile for Dazzling Kira           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Farmgirl for making me feel welcome. Now I can go post all the replies that I have wanted to do for a long time on all of the other threads. I am so excited! All good! [Big Grin]
Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Post away without fear!! Welcome! [Big Grin]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C. Patrick Carolan
Member # 7280

- posted      Profile for C. Patrick Carolan   Email C. Patrick Carolan         Edit/Delete Post 
Another perfect stranger here! I joined up a few days ago.

Remember that TV show Perfect Strangers, with Balki and Cousin Larry? I think it was a lot funnier when I was a kid than it would be if I were to watch it now. I don't know why I wrote that either.

Anyway, I've been re-reading the Alvin series again lately, this time from start to finish - last time I tried I only got as far as Prentice Alvin before getting derailed by reading for school and such. So at this point I'm about 50 pages away from finishing Crystal City.

So, this is he first time I've joined an author's message board. I haunt a few Transformers forums and various music boards too.

So... uh, hi!

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bork
Member # 7283

- posted      Profile for Bork   Email Bork         Edit/Delete Post 
This is technically my second post but i'm making it my introductory post.

I've been a fan of Orson Scott Card since I was 12, I am now 19 and have read The entire Ender and Shadow series, Alvin maker series, Women Of Genesis, Maps In A Mirror, Pastwatch, Homecoming and The Worthing Saga (I might be leaving something out).

I am also looking forward to the Alvin Maker MMORPG.

Other things I like are Spider-man or Marvel comics in general, I'm a harcore trekkie, I love music especially Morrissey, Johnny Cash and Nirvana. Also a big computer geek and I love to role play on text based online games, mainly www.the-night.com, it's free and worth a check out by anyone who is interested.

Anyway, would love to hear from anyone who wants to chat, my aim name is public so dont hesitate to message.

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Bork! [Wave]
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I love your screen name. [Smile] Welcome!
gingerjam
Member # 7113

- posted      Profile for gingerjam   Email gingerjam         Edit/Delete Post 
hi everyone, well i've posted a few more times then i expected too, and have to say that the other side of the forum is great...hatrack is a really nice and intelligent community...thanks for all the welcomes!
Posts: 46 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ostyinmi
Member # 7218

- posted      Profile for ostyinmi   Email ostyinmi         Edit/Delete Post 
hey all,

Well I am kind of an oldie but have been away for a while and can't even remember my old sign-in name so I decided to start everything over fresh!

Glad to be back!

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, welcome! [Smile]

Lots of newbies (or returnees)! [Big Grin]

Welcome back to ostyinmi. [Smile]

Welcome, Bork! I'm not much into MMORPGs myself, but I know a lot of people are excited about this one. Enjoy!

Hiya, Patrick. We don't bite . . . much . . . [Big Grin]

And Kira! Looking forward to seeing all these planned replies of yours. [Smile]

To all: do check out the other side. It's faster paced, but lots of fun.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Hello and welcome to Bork, Patrick and ostyinmi!

Stick around and make lots of friends here!

[Wave] Farmgirl

just-a-min
Member # 7308

- posted      Profile for just-a-min   Email just-a-min         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, everyone.
I've been visiting Hatrack for years to quick-copy-and-exit OSC newest esssays ( limited online minutes; that has now changed [Smile] .)
I had first heard of OSC in the late 80's when I lived in Utah. I just thought he was another mormon author who'd made it in a popular market -- big deal. Four years later I picked up a tape of Call of Earth and found out just how great he is.
Since then I have read everything except Hart's Hope (I couldn't stand the first couple of chapters.) Most recently I have reread Pastwatch and the Alvin series in preparation for Crystal city.
I read Wyrms again over the holidays. I was surprised by the ending in an admittedly blonde moment. Somehow I thought I remembered unwyrm offspring terrorizing ice caves.

Posts: 26 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayren
Member # 7317

- posted      Profile for Ayren   Email Ayren         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I'm 14 I've read the Ender Quartet, the Shadow series, the Alvin Maker series, and I'm currently halfway through the last book in the Homecoming series, oh and I've also read Lost Boys(very depressing [Frown] ). I find school way to easy. I'm writing a novel that seems good now but I'm not sure where to go with it. I love politics. Anybody wants to talk about any of OSC's books my e-mail address is ayraan@yahoo.com

Ayren

Posts: 19 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Constant Reader
Member # 7282

- posted      Profile for Constant Reader   Email Constant Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, my name is Nikki and I've been looking at this website for a long time but never joined. Stephen King and OSC are my favourite authors. The first book I read by OSC was Ender's Game and it was the first real scifi book I ever read. After Ender's Game I read all the scifi I could get my hands on! None of it was as beautifully character driven as OSC. I've since read all of his books and my very favouites (besides Ender's series) are the Alvin Maker books, Saints, and The Worthing Saga. Oh, and Homecoming series...Ok, I love all his books! It's hard to pick!
Here, I'll pick the ones I don't love-Lost Boys, Treasure Box
and the one about the house but I can't remember the title (think it's Homebody?)
My favourite SK books are The Dark Tower Series, Talisman, The Eyes of the Dragon and The Stand.
Ok, that's it! Thanks for reading.
Nikki

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eisenoxyde
Member # 7289

- posted      Profile for Eisenoxyde           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone, my name is Jesse and I'm mainly a lurker on every site I am a member of. As a future warning, I do not troll, but I can be very abrasive with my responses.

I'm a 26 year old mechanical engineering student and was first introduced to Mr. Card's work in 1985, when Ender's Game came out. I used to have an first print of the book, but it has since been lost... *sniff*

*edit* I also meant to say that I'm in Golden, Colorado studying at the Colorado School of Mines.

I also think that Mr. Card should come out here as part of his book signing tour!

Jesse

[ January 27, 2005, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Eisenoxyde ]

Posts: 175 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
Eisenoxyde [Wave]
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crotalus
Member # 7339

- posted      Profile for Crotalus   Email Crotalus         Edit/Delete Post 
You know i've lurked here for years, but i just broke down and registered tonight. Maybe i'll actually get around to posting every now and then, who knows.
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I am a very long standing Card fan in generall. I have read the Ender series, Alvin Maker series, parts of the Homecoming Series, many of his various miscellaneous books, and many of his short stories. I just recently got on Hatrack because before now my internet was all screwed up. I read my first Card book in the seventh grade, it was Ender's Game and it immediatly became my favorite book. That was five and a half years ago now and in that time I have probably read Ender's Game something like twenty-twenty five times.
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arevoj
Member # 7347

- posted      Profile for arevoj   Email arevoj         Edit/Delete Post 
I've visited Hatrack for a while, but just wandered into the forums today - while at work, no less. [No No]
I sit here now at home with the dogs playing loudly underfoot; would that I could record the noise they make! Anyway, perhaps I'll join in from time to time...

Posts: 142 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

You implying there is something wrong with checking Hatrack from work? [Big Grin] I do ALL my posting and reading on this forum from work.

Welcome arevoj! [Wave]

Farmgirl

Trashcan_Man
Member # 7345

- posted      Profile for Trashcan_Man   Email Trashcan_Man         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone. I only just joined yesterday. This is going to sound like a ripoff of Constant Reader's post but it's true nonetheless. My favorite authors are Stephen King and Orson Scott Card (but not necessarily in that order). I've read most of the Ender and Alvin Maker Series and they're both fantastic (especially Speaker for the Dead). My Stephen King favorites are The Stand, The Dark Tower series, and Pet Sematary.

By the way, Nikki, I could tell you were a King fan just after I read your display name. [Razz]

Also, while everyone here is waiting for OSC's next book, you should try reading The Dark Tower series, and not deciding that you don't like until you've finished at least the first two books.

Anyway, if you've read this far then I appreciate it. Bye for now. [Wave]

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Young Teacher
Member # 7104

- posted      Profile for Young Teacher   Email Young Teacher         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I have posted a couple times regarding the upcoming movie but that's about it. I finished Ender's Game & Bean's Shaddow and I thought...whoa, this would make a really good movie. After checking online, they had already started production.

It's good to be here.

[ February 01, 2005, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Young Teacher ]

Posts: 7 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I can't post here anymore. So, WELCOME, ALL!

Welcome to Hatrack. And may we prosper.

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

*bump*
warrand
Member # 7352

- posted      Profile for warrand   Email warrand         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm Ana from Romania and I envy you people who have acces to all OSC books. In Romania only the first three books of the Ender Saga appeared...And I totally loved them, needless to say.
Second, I envy even more those who are US residents (99% of u) who can attend book signins by mr. Card.
Third, I am happy to be in this forum, cause u are such a cool comunity. I hope that when I will go to EU I'll be able to get my hands on the Alvin series (in french probably) and the rest of the Ender cycle...

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Ana. [Smile]

Romania, eh? Over on the "other side" of the forum, we've been obsessing about a Romanian song for the last week. [Big Grin]

quote:
those who are US residents (99% of u)
Oh, FAR less than 99% are Americans! We have people from all over the globe here. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
warrand, where in Romania are you right now? Because if we can ever meet when I'm on vacation or something I can lend you the rest of the Ender books in English. I'm from Deva, by the way.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I envy even more those who are US residents (99% of u) who can attend book signins by mr. Card.
Yeah, me, too. [Razz] OSCs books aren't available here at all, so I'm exceedingly happy that I already had my own copies when I left Canada for Sri Lanka.

Seriously, this is a much more international crowd than you would expect. Welcome! [Big Grin]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
warrand
Member # 7352

- posted      Profile for warrand   Email warrand         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm from Iasi. vacation would do - if not, I plan on traveling to france this year sometime...hope that works.
PS: is there a private message option here? Or everything has to be "out in the open" ? [Big Grin]

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
There's no "private message" option, but if you want to write me you can do it at radu_stancu2003 _at_ yahoo _dot_ com.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZiggyStardust902
Member # 7421

- posted      Profile for ZiggyStardust902   Email ZiggyStardust902         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everybody my name is Kody D. Hitchcock and I'm new here. I'm 17 and live in Michigan. I've read Ender's Game like 5 times, and Speaker of the Dead, Xenocide, Children of the Mind, Ender's SHadow, Shadow of the Hegemon, Shadow Puppets all twice. I've also read the Alvin Maker series twice. I'm big into tortoises and some other reptiles, and own a few. I got Shadow of the Giant last week, before it came out from Shuler's. Odd how at worked out....Well howdy everybody.
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Ziggy, welcome to the forum. [Wave]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frosted Pheonix
Member # 7419

- posted      Profile for Frosted Pheonix   Email Frosted Pheonix         Edit/Delete Post 
So. I suppose I should report that I'm a newbie to the OSC boards, recently finding this site although I've been reading OSCs' books for years. ^_^

I am 19 years of age and currently living in Washington state, where I'm a part-time student and full-time worker. While at school I'm in the midst of finishing my associates degree (english major, of course!) with the intent on transferring, although plans are still hazy.

I've read most of the Ender's Game series and I'm upto book four in the Alvin Maker series. Currently, I'm working through Maps In A Mirror and absolutely loving the short stories. I have plans to read some of Card's stand-alone novels, such as Hart's Hope and Lost Boys.

It always seems like I never have time to read as many books as I want to, though. [Frown] I think I'd almost be happy as a hermit, living in a shack in the middle of the woods with bookshelves covering the walls, and the forest my constant companion..

Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It always seems like I never have time to read as many books as I want to, though. I think I'd almost be happy as a hermit, living in a shack in the middle of the woods with bookshelves covering the walls, and the forest my constant companion..
Touches my heart frostedPhoenix I can't tell you how many times I've thought similar thoughts. Too many books, so little time. [Frown]
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Hello to Frosted Phoenix and ZiggyStardust! [Hat]

Ziggy -- Shadow of the Giant is out now! Run get it!

Farmgirl

[ February 25, 2005, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

*bump*

because we are getting a lot of newbies now that SOTG is out...

Welcome! [Hat]

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.