FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Ender novel decided on (Page 10)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: New Ender novel decided on
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender, We Remember
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ender meets Achilles
That's a bit confusing, since Achilles is dead and all.

Ender Wiggin: Xenocide? (With the question mark, to show that people are just starting to question the elimination of the buggers.)
I don't know if this has been said yet, I know there have been similar things stated.

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender Awareness Month
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tanktaz
Member # 7593

- posted      Profile for tanktaz   Email tanktaz         Edit/Delete Post 
why not ender's Achilles Heel for the title
Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
That seems like a bit of a mouthfull to me, especially because it has two possessives.

Ender In Between This could have several meanings. He's in between being Ender the Hero and Ender the Xenocide; he's in between parts of his life.

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender: Hormonal Teenager in Space!
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AbeLinclon
Member # 6923

- posted      Profile for AbeLinclon   Email AbeLinclon         Edit/Delete Post 
O just Ender's Heel.
That one could be the connection between Achilles and Ender.

or Ender's Hell. I was just writing Ender's Heel and it popped up like Ender's Hell. So yeah lol.

Posts: 42 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
The other Achilles.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VelocityZERO
Member # 7596

- posted      Profile for VelocityZERO   Email VelocityZERO         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Lament
Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender, Formic Diplomat

Ender's Weak Heel (I like this better than just Ender's Heel for some reason.)

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I think at least one of these must be a repeat:

Ender's Route

Ender's Mercy

Ender's Passage

okay...one more silly one:

Ender's Gamete

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trance
Member # 6623

- posted      Profile for trance   Email trance         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Card,
I take your silence as confermation that my guess as to what the book is about was correct....a new and dangerous enemy for Ender. I am already looking forward to it if I am correct and just not over-assuming but I can't seem to think what else the book's conflict could possibly be about (given all the parties involved and the possible outcomes of the situation. However, I could be wrong but my current assumption is that I am right and I also don't expect you to reply to whether I am or not because that would infact expose more of what the book is about even before you have really got a significant amount of the book completed. But perhaps you can answer this.....a guess at when the book is due because I am greatly awaiting this book, more than any other you have published thus far. A guess wouldn't hurt would it? [Razz]

Posts: 112 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trance
Member # 6623

- posted      Profile for trance   Email trance         Edit/Delete Post 
And I still stand that if I am correct in my two posts on page eight then I still think that Ender's Nemesis would be the best name for the novel. I also now think that tanktaz's "Ender's Achilles Heel" would be equally great and appropriate. That is of course if I am correct.
Posts: 112 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suri-cool
Member # 7599

- posted      Profile for Suri-cool   Email Suri-cool         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's enemy
Ender's meeting of the heel
I'll have some more later but what I'm wondering is how OSC you are going to have a book tie togethor the Shadow and the later Ender books? They are a loooong time apart, heh though with the spacetravel aspect I bet you can do it. Well anyway this is good I saw this thread because it was bothering me that in Sotg you mentioned the whole Randi thing then just left it like that.

Posts: 86 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skippyboy
Member # 7600

- posted      Profile for skippyboy   Email skippyboy         Edit/Delete Post 
So simple its probably been suggested already, but, how about just - Ender
Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
godzila girl
Member # 7598

- posted      Profile for godzila girl           Edit/Delete Post 
okay, here are the sirious titles i thought of (all the good ones were taken):

Ender: Shadow of the Hero
Rebirth of Ender's legasy (way too wordy)
Ender's Reflection
Shadow of Ender's Xenocide
Ender: Speaker for the Shadows

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meshugener
Member # 7601

- posted      Profile for Meshugener   Email Meshugener         Edit/Delete Post 
Fender Bender

Ender vs THE HUMAN LEGUME (in terrifying 3D!)

Ender's descent into madness

Curious ender and the adventure into space

Enders game II: the return of the revenge of the fellowship of the two kings strikes back

Oh, btw. This is my first post, and i want you to know that i <3 you, mr. card. This is a FANTASTIC idea for a book. and now for serious titles:

The Trials of Ender

Ender's Fall

Ender's Rise

Ender's Aid

Achilles Shadow

Ender's Escape

Ender's Rescue

Ender on ice!

and Shadow of the Womb is a really good one, whoever said it first.

[ March 20, 2005, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: Meshugener ]

Posts: 93 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Elliot. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meshugener
Member # 7601

- posted      Profile for Meshugener   Email Meshugener         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, rivka. I love your name [Smile]

and boy, you guys sure are friendly [Big Grin]

Posts: 93 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I'm rather partial to it myself. [Wink]

Yes, often. We like newbies.

Especially served with a nice merlot.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jongo05
Member # 7580

- posted      Profile for jongo05   Email jongo05         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender at home.
Posts: 74 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
godzila girl
Member # 7598

- posted      Profile for godzila girl           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a list. Some arn't too shabby, but most are just plain rediculous.

Ender the Pretender
Ender: Never Die, Again, Tomorow, Forever!
Ender Wiggen and the quest for the holy grale
Ender Xenocidehands
Ender of Green Gables
Ender: Half Blood Prince of the Chamber of Secrets in the Two Towers
Enders in Toyland
Eeny, meeny, miny.. ENDER!
The Never Ender Story
Never say Ender!
Ender Surenders
Enders defender (if jane's in there)
2001: A Space Endersy

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meshugener
Member # 7601

rivka, i found that most forums prefer us newbies with some fava beans and a nice chianti [Big Grin]
rivka
Member # 4859

Feh, fava beans are too much like lima beans. *wrinkles nose*

CrazyOne, you should check out the other side of the board. Fast-paced and a bit insane (but that should work for you), but loads of fun. [Big Grin]

Meshugener
Member # 7601

my goodness, she speaks yiddish! you're good, you're very good...

*clicks on your link*

rivka
Member # 4859

"Speaks" is not quite right. I am not-quite-fluent in Hebrew, and several degrees worse in Yiddish. But I know a few dozen words and phrases, and conjugations of "meshugga" are certainly among them. [Wink]
Meshugener
Member # 7601

well, I'm glad we cleared that up, haha.

*wonders what OSC thinks of where this thread is going*

hm. For productivity's sake:

Ender Bender Bananafana Fo Fender

and also, whoever it was that said "uncle ender," I like it.

Suri-cool
Member # 7599

Here are some serious ones
Ender's enemy
Ender's Shadowing enemy
Ender's Shadow enemy
And heres a joke ones
Ender bumps his foot
Also I'm sure some of those were repatets but sorry.

[ March 20, 2005, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Suri-cool ]

Posts: 86 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Return to sEnder
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanieDough
Member # 6768

- posted      Profile for JanieDough   Email JanieDough         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Beginning

because yes, he may be famous for killing all the Bugger's, but that wasn't him.

The work he does later in life is what really is him. Therefore, this novel would be his beginning.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Some of these may have already been mentioned:
Going for humor:
Ender and Sprout
Ender the Podiatrist

Possibilities:
Ender's Encounter
Ender's Rival
Ender's Mission
Ender's Quest
Ender's Apprentice

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judas
Member # 7355

- posted      Profile for Judas   Email Judas         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender= MC Squared

Lightspeed Gives Ender Constipation

Ender's Crush on Valentine

Ender's First Hangover

Ender Discovers his Kinky Fetishes

Ender's Obsession With Power Rangers

Ender Pushes Little Billy into the Well

Ender : The Pop Up Book

Ender Becomes an Angsty Little Bastard

Ender gets into a Fight with a Space Cactus

-Judas

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judas
Member # 7355

- posted      Profile for Judas   Email Judas         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and I bet no one has heard this one yet:

Ender's Passage

No? No? Any takers? --- I think this idea has shown up on ever page.. oye.. stop it..

-Judas

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChocoTuar
Member # 6854

- posted      Profile for ChocoTuar   Email ChocoTuar         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you decided yet?
Posts: 29 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yonush
Member # 7506

- posted      Profile for yonush   Email yonush         Edit/Delete Post 
A new Ender
Ender: Speaker of life [Dont Know]
Ender's independence

Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jongo05
Member # 7580

- posted      Profile for jongo05   Email jongo05         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender and the Lost One
Ender: the Next Step
Ender: the Follower
Ender in Society
Ender, the Person
A Brave New Ender

Posts: 74 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meshugener
Member # 7601

Ender: Beyond a Shadow of a doubt

Ender's Becoming

Birth of Ender

Ender's Tribulations

Ender's antidisestablishmentarianism

Geekazoid
Member # 7610

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid   Email Geekazoid         Edit/Delete Post 
My suggetion for the title is Enders Search Considering the very last wors in Enders Game Are
quote:
he searched for a very long time
and also it goes along with the ideas that at this time ender is searching for a planet where the Buggers can start to regrow also he is searching for a new life considering that he is starting to become a villain in the eyes of humanity
also he is searching for a way to escape his past which he will have to suddenly confront again because he might have to meat some one from his past such as a former jeesh member so i beileve this is a great title for this

Sorry if this was mentioned before i only read halfway through the posts
[Monkeys] [ROFL] [Embarrassed] [Roll Eyes] [Sleep] [Hail] [Evil Laugh]

sorry realy wanted to do that

Geekazoid
Impossible is nothing, nothing is impossible

[ March 20, 2005, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Geekazoid ]

Posts: 42 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know if this has been suggested...

Ender's Atonement/Ender's Repentance

This is after he wrote the Hive Queen and The Hegemon. So that means it could be the time where Ender was first feeling the impact of what he has written.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meshugener
Member # 7601

ooh! ooh!!!!!! OSC!!! THIS ONE!

Ender's Penance

he's trying to redeem himself, and it sets up a theme of catholicism, which we all know comes into play later on.

please alert me as to whether or not anyone else said this. otherwise, i'm takin the credit!

Suri-cool
Member # 7599

Somebody must have sai this because I'm not smart enough to think of it myself. Sorry to whoiever but listen to this. It isn't a name, I already said my good names earliuer on page 10. Which are pretty good if I might say so myself. He.. But listen to this tht planet could be Path. Their genteic differnce could be something related to Bean's condition\Achillees II condition. Like to get another character in it could be Hot Soup's planet. They could like figure out a cure but whatever and stuff about it and make it into Path and stuff. I dunno I'm thinking thats a cool idea.
Meshugener
Member # 7601

suri-cool, while thats a good idea, methinks it couldnt really be done. Ender hadn't ever been to Path, had he? He probably would have remembered being there with the bean-spawn in Xenocide or COTM.
Suri-cool
Member # 7599

Hmmmm thats true but maybe you know he went to alotta plces and he didn't remember that or something SC could work on it a lot.
Meshugener
Member # 7601

but then again, if it was important enough to write a book about, you'd think that he would remember it later on? not to be arugmentative or anything..
Agnes Bean
Member # 7614

- posted      Profile for Agnes Bean   Email Agnes Bean         Edit/Delete Post 
Suggestions, none of which are as good as some of the others suggested in this thread, but hey. I had fun throwing random words after the name Ender. If any of these have already been suggested, I apologize.

Ender’s Metamorphosis (in which he wakes up one day to find he has become a giant bugger)
Ender’s Transformation
Ender Journeying
Ender Wandering
Ender’s Exploration
Ender’s Departure
Ender’s Planet
Ender the Savior
Ender Ending
Ender Begins (actually, this would probably make more sense as Andrew Begins, but that breaks the rule)
Ender’s Discovery
Ender Changing
Ender in Transition
Shadowing Ender
Ender in Shadow(s)
Ender’s Justice
Ender Learning
Ender’s Wisdom
Ender’s Trouble
Ender’s Opponent
Ender’s Foe
Ender Reinvented
Battling Ender
Life, the Universe and Ender ( [Razz] )
A Time for Ender

I also like the idea of playing with the puppet/strings theme, because one of the most memorable scenes, to me, in Ender’s Game, was the one on the lake with Valentine, when Ender says something along the lines of “see the strings?” It was a reference to the way he was being controlled by his teachers, and I think it sums up his experiences in Ender’s Game very well. In the new book I expect to see him breaking free from those strings, so maybe something referencing that? I’ve come up with a few ideas, but I’m sure someone else can come up with better ones:

Ender: No Strings Attached
Ender: Nobody’s Puppet
Ender: No Puppet
Ender: Puppet Master
Ender, Freed

Some of my favorites that others suggest are Ender’s Gate, Ender’s Bridge (I like the allusion to Jane), Ender Adrift, Ender’s Search, Valentine’s Ender (if it focuses more on Val), and just plain Ender (or Andrew).

Posts: 25 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joshua
Member # 7591

- posted      Profile for Joshua   Email Joshua         Edit/Delete Post 
I like this one

Shadow Children

Links the books, has many meanings, and applies to all of the characters

Bean's kids, Peter/Ender, Achilles Mark II, etc...

It's simple and fits in with the other titles IMHO.

Posts: 12 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joshua
Member # 7591

- posted      Profile for Joshua   Email Joshua         Edit/Delete Post 
Or, If you want something in keeping with the longer titles SotG, CotM, etc...

Children of the Shadows

Posts: 12 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aitch42
Member # 7373

- posted      Profile for aitch42   Email aitch42         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What about more play on "End Game" from chess? Wasn't that where you got the idea for Ender's name, Mr. Card? I'm trying to think of a title that wouldn't be too similar to Ender's Game.

Ender's Knight
Knightfall
Ender's Knightfall

Afterall, he was as knight, but fell (from grace, at least)
Homage to the great Asimov, too :-)

Posts: 15 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aitch42
Member # 7373

- posted      Profile for aitch42   Email aitch42         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think at least one of these must be a repeat:

Ender's Passage

No, you cannot have "Ender's passage" -
What with the English meaning of "buggers", it follows the rudeness on to an - unacceptable -association :-o

Posts: 15 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh. That's just for the English. They'll get over it. [Wink]
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.