FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Ender novel decided on (Page 9)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: New Ender novel decided on
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender in the Stars
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirReal
Member # 5257

- posted      Profile for SirReal   Email SirReal         Edit/Delete Post 
Please forgive me if these have already been submitted.

Ender's Passage
OffEnder
Endermorphology

And for plucky comic relief...

Ender: The Teen Years

Posts: 172 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender - Won't You?
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
How about:

Do Not Ender! This Means You!

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender 90210 (Ender and Valentine travel from stodgy old earth to the hip, happening part of the galaxy and become part of an ensemble of teens who are overburdened with adventures and romantic entanglements. Note: The book would have to prominently feature at least one of the Card children, but only because he or she tried out for the role under an assumed name.)

A Farewell to Ender (Ender becomes an abulance driver. He falls in love with a nurse and vows to only speak in short, declarative sentences. Later, there's a bullfight. In the rain.)

Your Own....Personal....Ender (As part of his newly formed depressing rock group, Ender becomes someone to hear your prayers; someone who cares.)

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WntrMute
Member # 7556

- posted      Profile for WntrMute           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Mr. Card only does this writing gig for a living. I suspect he just may have a slightly better idea about how things work in the publishing business than I would. Maybe. But sometimes I think marketing is a matter of just assuming people are stupid, and working down from there. I thought the titles for the first batch of Enderverse novels were appropriate and logical.

I can't get past "Ender's Legacy," which wasn't even my idea. It just seems to fit between Ender's Game and the Investment Counselor. It'd be the first time we see Andrew observing the culture that resulted from the (partial) Xenocide. It'd the the beginning of the negative associations people start to feel regarding his actions. It'd be the beginning of the quest to help the Hive Queen that he took on out of his remorse. However, assuming 'The Investment Counselor' is canon, he could not have had much interaction with Speakerism (beyond just hearing about it), but that is yet another legacy. In a lot of ways he'd still be dealing with the immediate reverberations from what had just happened in his life, but that had echoed for quite some time (objectively) when he first leaves Shakespeare Colony.

Ender Adrift is ok, too, epsecially given how his experiences are summed up in The Investment Counselor. It sounded like he was just kind of drifting along while Valentine was doing her history thing until he ran into those tax problems of his. (Why do I suspect that story was written sometime around a March or early April?) But isn't the point of the title to kind of grab the browser's attention? Maybe 'Ender: Angst-ridden Deathmachine Cybernetic Chick-magnet' would do better along those lines. I bet the marketing gurus would love that one.

However, I read one author (just some guy) who indicated that he felt like a good story can't be about just one good idea, that you need to have at least two good ideas to play off of one another. So even if one of the ideas is 'Ender and the Bean Sprout,' it's hard to look into the title without knowing the other themes.
Not that I'm digging for spoilers, or anything. [Big Grin] Ok, maybe a little.

Or if this is going to bridge the Ender and Shadow series, maybe it should have Shadow in it, too, to show how the divergent threads of story are coming together again. 'Shadows and Ender.' 'Shadowing Ender.' 'Ender in Shadow.' Or something.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I miss you Squick. I really do.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender’s Hive
Ender Adrift is neat. Anyone say “Ender Wandering” yet? Ender’s Wander.
Ender’s Way. I like that one best so far.
Ender’s Travels. Guess that’s not very original.
Road Trip Ender.
Bean of Ender.

Is this going to be one book or a series? Do we need a linking word like Shadow was used?
And also, this going to eventually link up after Children of the Mind right?

Ender’s Trip.
Ender’s Journey.
Ender’s Crossing.
Ender’s Voyage.
Ender’s Flight.
Ender’s Getaway.
Ender’s Escape.
Ender Free.
Ender’s Exit.

The synonym generator in word is very helpful with this.

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wigginclone
Member # 7535

- posted      Profile for wigginclone   Email wigginclone         Edit/Delete Post 
a few that sorta mad me think they might work ya never know.

Ender's Quest
Ender's Match
or just plain old Ender's Saga

or maybe not starting with Ender

Meeting Ender
Govenor Ender
Citizen Ender

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBee91
Member # 7475

- posted      Profile for LilBee91           Edit/Delete Post 
Star Wars themed:
A New Ender
Ender Strikes Back
Return of the Xenocide
Ender's Menace
Attack of Ender
Revenge of Ender (or Ender's Revenge)

Posts: 46 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChocoTuar
Member # 6854

- posted      Profile for ChocoTuar   Email ChocoTuar         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender Anew
I like this one because it represents Ender's new voyage, and how he begins his new life after his Xenocidal actions.

I'm also thinking of something that plays on the "End" in "Ender," and turns it around into a beginning. "Ender's Beginning" doesn't work, b/c it's not correct. Somebody help...please.

I understand the importance now, thanks. I was being stupid.

[ March 16, 2005, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: ChocoTuar ]

Posts: 29 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
I have an opinion, but hey... that's what brainstorming is...

But, I feel that perhaps it shouldn't be Ender, rather Ender's. It's just, we have 'Ender's Game,' and 'Ender's Shadow.' Both imply ownership to Ender, so if we were to through off the 's, it would just... I don't know... give it a slightly off feeling to the title.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alluvion
Member # 7462

- posted      Profile for alluvion   Email alluvion         Edit/Delete Post 
On Ender:

I would consider the possibility that the author had enough to say on the topic of the travails of that particular character. With a second return (bean's saga being the first with something of a clever POV switch gimmick), OSC runs the risk of pulling a Lucas and reinventing Ender (or in milder terms focusing more on the "mature perspective" of events surrounding Ender than on the character). I think a wiser (and possibly more lucrative, but, in any event, more satisfying) route would be to take a gander at NEW characters emanating from OSC's experience as an older gent (possibly keeping within the same overall storyline, but not form-fitting to the strictures of Asimov's tidyness - is that a word?)

Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AbeLinclon
Member # 6923

- posted      Profile for AbeLinclon   Email AbeLinclon         Edit/Delete Post 
I still think Shadow of the Womb is the best ever.
Posts: 42 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
I like WntrMute's idea of Ender's Legacy, and if this does have something to do with an offspring of Bean how about something like

Ender: Shadow Legacy
or just
Ender's Shadow Legacy

I still like Ender Adrift. I think OSC could right an excellent story about Ender just 'drifitng' until he decides to be a Speaker or something like that

Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WntrMute
Member # 7556

- posted      Profile for WntrMute           Edit/Delete Post 
Orange7penguin came up with Ender's Legacy first. I'm compiling a list of all of the titles, even the goofy ones, with the proper first attribution.
It's a pain in the toochas, but I'm half done.

Ender's Legacy could be a title to save for the end of the series, though, if Ender Adrift gets more support for the next book.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender vs. Ender: The Ultimate Showdown
Rock, Paper, Ender
Andrew Wiggin: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Ender
Ender's Ender
It's NOT a Freakin Game Ender!

[ March 17, 2005, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Strider ]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuthorPerson
Member # 7572

- posted      Profile for AuthorPerson   Email AuthorPerson         Edit/Delete Post 
That last one is far and away my favorite title of them all.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
augirl987
Member # 7577

- posted      Profile for augirl987   Email augirl987         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Inheritence.
Ender: Rite of Passage

If this child is B and P's, and assuming Ender already knows the story of what happened on Earth during his spacetravel, I could imagine that Ender would fight to win that child back.
Also, the story involving the Battle School children is complete (for the most part). Whatever path this novel takes, it can't help but expound the reasons or causes that lead Ender to take on his role as Speaker for the Dead - and with that role comes his responsibility for the Hive Queen, the Peq. (sp?), and all of humanity.

This novel could be about Ender coming into his own, growing up as we saw the BS children on Earth do in the Ender's Shadow series.

[ March 17, 2005, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: augirl987 ]

Posts: 9 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lavalamp
Member # 4337

- posted      Profile for Lavalamp           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Lavalamp

Be one with the ooze, OSC.

[Wink]

Posts: 300 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posable_Man
Member # 5105

- posted      Profile for Posable_Man           Edit/Delete Post 
Posable_Ender
Posts: 82 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
augirl987
Member # 7577

Here are some other title's relating to the ideas in my previous post:

Ender's Pilgramage (although I've caught on that OSC would prefer a title that is just "Ender __" as opposed to "Ender's __" )

Ender: Emergence
Ender Enstranged

I think the double e's might be catchy.

[ March 17, 2005, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: augirl987 ]

Posts: 9 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Einnz
Member # 7558

- posted      Profile for Einnz   Email Einnz         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Next Voyage, Ender's Touch, Ender Again, Ender's Wings, Ender Against Starways Congress, Starways Congress Unite with Ender, Ender's Clones. Ender's Jewel. Ender and Jane. Ender meets Jane, Ender and the new philotic specie. Ender and the Philotic Specie.

[ March 17, 2005, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Einnz ]

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Einnz
Member # 7558

- posted      Profile for Einnz   Email Einnz         Edit/Delete Post 
Gusto ko lang magpasalamat kay Ginoong Orson Scott Card sa napaka gandang mga nobelang kanyang sinulat. Natutuwa ako na nadiskubre ko ang kanyang mga sulatin sa silid aklatan ng aming paaralan. Matatawag ko ang aking sarili na isa sa mga mapalad na nakabasa ng iyong mga libro. Kaunti lang siguro ang nakakabasa ng bago ninyong libro dahil kahit ako hirap maghanap ng mga sinulat niyo. Pero ngayon pumunta na ko sa maraming bookstores upang sabihin sa kanila ang tunkol sa inyong mga nobela. At ako ay umaasa na pag natapos ko na basahin ang Xenocide at Children of the Mind, Ay makabili narin ako nung mga bagong nobela ninyo dahil wala pa ang Shadows Series dito sa aming bansa at nag order palang ako sa Power Books. Masayang masaya talaga ako. Maraming maraming salamat ulit. Pagpalain ka ng Diyos. I've never dreamed of becoming a writer someday, but because of your talents, skills, great ideas, dedication, and love for your works, I'm considering in taking up something in college that would help me becoming a good writer. I'm not very good in English but I am hoping to be good at it soon. I've joined the battle school forums to enhance my english and writing skills. Thank you again. God bless and take care Mr. Orson Scott Card.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"Gusto ko lang magpasalamat kay Ginoong Orson Scott Card sa napaka gandang mga nobelang kanyang sinulat."

Okay, you're my new favorite newbie. You're like a Mandelbrot poster.

[ March 17, 2005, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Equally complex no matter how closely you look at him?

Nice to see you up and about Tom. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the online Filipino translator I found only understands about one word in 10. [Dont Know]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Could you imagine what it would be like to play like Monopoly with post EG Ender.

Ender - A 5 and a 4. Okay, that takes me past Go so I collect $200 and Dear God I hope I'm not wiping an alien species!!!!!
Valentine - For Pete's sake Ender, I've told you over and over that this is just a game. Honest. No one's getting killed. You playing as a freaking top hat! Get over it.
E - Okay, okay. Sorry. I get carried away sometimes.
V - No problem. So you landed on Baltic Ave. Do you want to buy it?
E - Hehehehehehehehe. No! That's just what Graff would be expecting.
V - Graff's not here. It's just you and me. We're in the depths of space, playing a simple board game. Settle down already.
E - Sorry. Sorry.
V - Okay. A 2 and ... darn a 6. That puts me on your Boardwalk and it's got 4 houses on it. That clears me out. You win.
E - Ahhhhh! I've destroyed the galactic economy. Trillions of people will starve to death. Anarchy will reign. The streets will run with blood.
V - Sweet Jebus Ender. It's just a game. Trust me.
E - *deep breaths* Okay. Okay. I've got it under control now.
V - When are you going to go out and get laid already?
E - Not for 3000 years.
<beat>
E - Sometimes I think the computer is talking to me. Remember, the enemy's hotel is down!
V - Dear Lord.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Shelanman Himself
Member # 7581

- posted      Profile for The Shelanman Himself   Email The Shelanman Himself         Edit/Delete Post 
What's in a name...

I think you are right about the whole "Tom Sawyer, Detective" thing...

The tricky thing here being that Ender and Achilles never had reason to know each other... the connection's pretty slim -- tough to make 4ish words that fit that idea!

OK, nobody's suggested this terrible idea yet (that I saw, anyway), so here goes:

Ender's Heel

(or the worse pun Ender's Heal -- though it makes a sick sort of sense... I mean, he never really recovers from what he's done, and works very hard to heal everything and everyone (except himself) -- but I really am not advocating this title, so much as mocking it!)

Ok, lets see... other ideas... its tough, not knowing much of anything about the colony, the mother...

What would... hmm... am I allowed to be a spoiler? No, I'll just say... what would someone with *that* kind of a name grow up to be like?

Well... Ender's Urchin (or some variant)?
Obviously depends heavily on what happens -- though realistically I can imagine this particular family ending up in a situation not much happier than Bean's was when he was about 4 in Rotterdam.

Oh, and Ender's Flight, by the way, makes me think of Flight of the Navigator, so I have to register my vote against that one. (I liked the movie, but that's definitely the wrong connection for me.

Besides, with my Ender's Urchin idea, you finally get to have a book with Urchin in the title -- even if it's not to refer to Bean!

Erm... I'll think some more and post again!

( Oh, and who are the lucky 208 people who registered for the forums before you, Mr. Member #209? [Big Grin] )

Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Shelanman Himself
Member # 7581

- posted      Profile for The Shelanman Himself   Email The Shelanman Himself         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a thought...

Bean always called him Wiggin. He's probably not alone... especially at first -- before he becomes Ender the Xenocide (if it's not too late).

What about a title that doesn't say Ender but says Wiggin?

Say... oh, I don't know, Wiggin's Legacy (except that Legacy isn't the right word, really... but its all I could come up with in these few moments...)

Besides, now he's not Ender, he's Andrew Wiggin... so Ender probably doesn't make sense... (I know, I know... people will pick it up and look just because it says "Ender" so your hands are kinda tied...)

Or *shudder* The Seven Voyages of Ender (don't know out of what twisted part of my mind that came from...)

Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alluvion
Member # 7462

I'd cast my vote for "Ender Adrift" or "Ender's Estrangment", if it were put to a vote.

But, I still think it would be cool if he wrote whatever he wanted to write at this point in his career.

Enough of Ender

or

Ender Enough!

Though the wonder-boy is an interesting character, I'm not a big fan of constraints, and I imagine venturing into the Enderscape again would be more of an endurance test for a writer than an interesting journey.

Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sometimes I think the computer is talking to me. Remember, the enemy's hotel is down!

[ROFL]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alluvion
Member # 7462

Is kibosh a word? (just under the deadline)

*whew*

Gosu
Member # 5783

- posted      Profile for Gosu   Email Gosu         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Memory
Ender's Burden

If those have been used before, I'm sorry.

Posts: 102 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josh Madagan
Member # 7584

- posted      Profile for Josh Madagan   Email Josh Madagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's End
Ender Reborn
Ender Will Save Us All
Ender's Death: New Beginnings
Tying Up Loose Ends
Ender's Trials
Ender's Transformation
From Ender To Andrew
Ender's Family
After Ender's Game
First Impressions

Uncle Ender's Starship
Ender Decides To Die
Catcher In The Rye 2!
All Enders Go To Heaven
Ender's Postseason Game
E! True Hollywood Story: Ender Wiggin

[ March 19, 2005, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: Josh Madagan ]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Domini
Member # 3880

- posted      Profile for Domini   Email Domini         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the already-mentioned "Ender the Xenocide" (which I may have spelled wrong, but you get the idea), and "Ender and the Beanstalk".

The problem with the " * Ender(s) *" format is that it all mostly sounds too...dramatic, when I don't know exactly what the story is about. LOL. [Dont Know]

Posts: 13 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
augirl987
Member # 7577

I really like the whole "planter" theme for Ender.

In a way, he'll be accepting Bean's "seed" if he takes or saves his baby (is this too corny). Also, he "plants" the hive queen to regrow the bugger world.

I just can't think of any catchy names.
Ender Sows?
Ender the Planter/Sower?
Ender Atones
Ender Absolved

thats all i got.

Weltallz
Member # 5649

- posted      Profile for Weltallz           Edit/Delete Post 
Enders Garden
Ender Worlds Apart
Enders Gift
Enders Heritage

The Chronicles of Ender
Ender and the World of Tomorrow
Tuesdays with Ender

I didn't go through and read all the other titles, so hopefully I'm not repeating anyone elses

[ March 18, 2005, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Weltallz ]

Posts: 17 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liaison
Member # 6873

- posted      Profile for Liaison   Email Liaison         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm feeling Ender Adrift also. It has a nice ring to it.
But if the relationship between Ender, Randi, and the kid is going to be the main subject it seems like it needs to imply connections.
Like...
Ender's Web
Ender's Link
Ender's Affair
uh...the rest of you far surpass me with creativity.
even like...
Ender's Liaison
Ignore the fact that it's my username. It's a cool word with multiple meanings. That's why I like it. Just something about connections, ya know?
Other than that I'm rootin for Ender Adrift and Ender's Gate.

Posts: 81 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, Squick, that was funny!

[ROFL]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
I like
Ender Adrift
Ender's Flight
Ender and Jane
Ender's Web

Those sound really good.

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender Few Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Raiders of the Lost Ender
12 Angry Enders [Confused]
Saving Ender
The Man Who Shot Ender
Who's Afraid of Ender Wiggin?
Being Ender
From Ender to Valentine
Ender Conquers the Martians

Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hookedonpepsi22
Member # 7346

- posted      Profile for hookedonpepsi22   Email hookedonpepsi22         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone might have said this or someting similer but how about

Ender's New Life

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B-HAX
Member # 6640

- posted      Profile for B-HAX   Email B-HAX         Edit/Delete Post 
spoiler warning

Ender's Ear--The Being that whisper into Enders ear, controls the future of the intergalactic empire, a FPU if you will. I realize this is to take place preJane, but maybe Jane is taking shape and dropping suggestions to Ender to insure "her" future existance. I see this new Achilles II in a planet hopping campaign, in which Achilles II coopts the main body of the IF leaving Ender to save humanity once again with a ragtag group of destroyers and upgraded messenger ships?

It's been awhile since ive read the ender novels.

Also for consideration:

Ender: Jane's Addiction ?
[Taunt]

[ March 19, 2005, 02:28 AM: Message edited by: B-HAX ]

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this takes place before Jane really gets to meet Ender right? Should she truly be the focus of the book? *Has just read First Meetings*
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B-HAX
Member # 6640

- posted      Profile for B-HAX   Email B-HAX         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not clear on the first meeting of jane, but this doesn't have to be that cut and dry. Anonymous emails sent to ender, cryptic posts on the nets. Maybe some warnings that Bean had programmed into the investment program created for Ender.

I don't know if I was the only one that saw the creation of the Investment Counselor program as the "birth" of Jane. So in this program Bean had the program also look for any abnormalities that were taking place in the colonies, tightly integrated with the program that was created to look for Bean and Petra's babies. Having laid dormant in the IF supercomputer having never been turned off or deleted, it has continued scouring the nets and the colony nets looking for any extraordinary people moving and growing at Bean speeds.

The programming was meant to send all relevant data to bean, but Beans dying (if he is to die) command was to name Ender as the master of the programs future and to contact him. But it must be discreet as Bean wants to keep lil Ender and Bellas existance a secret. Hence the cryptic emails and posts on the nets.

Again its been sometime since I've read the ender books so let me know if I contradicted anything already stated in Enderverse.

Mee thinks I'm now going to be picking up the ender books again in anticipation of the upcoming novel.

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joshua
Member # 7591

- posted      Profile for Joshua   Email Joshua         Edit/Delete Post 
If there is going to be one unifying book that brings everything to a close, then the title has got to be......

The End

I still can't decide if that is a serious title suggestion or not. ^_^

Posts: 12 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
augirl987
Member # 7577

yeah I caught on about Jane evolving from their exploiting of the mind-game for financial purposes... cool. I love Jane.
AbeLinclon
Member # 6923

- posted      Profile for AbeLinclon   Email AbeLinclon         Edit/Delete Post 
Or joshua it could be The End(er)
[ROFL] [Big Grin] [Razz] [The Wave] [Party]

Posts: 42 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hookedonpepsi22
Member # 7346

- posted      Profile for hookedonpepsi22   Email hookedonpepsi22         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh or it could be

Ender: The Second Colony
or
Ender meets Achilles

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.