FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The REAL Hatracker's thread (Page 2)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The REAL Hatracker's thread
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I have met Tom Davidson, Jeni, Vana, Lime, & Bob Scopatz.

I can also verify that I received a check from someone claiming to be Celia, although I haven't met her in person.

Edit: Bob and I can cross-check the Midwestern clump with the Florida clump, and Tom and CT cross check the midwesterners with WenchCon. But did anyone from any of those three groups cross-check with EnderCon, Utah, Oregon or California? It seems like we might have two distinct groups that don't link together.

Edit again: Bob to Icarus to GreNMECon to EnderCon! Yay!

[ April 02, 2003, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
anne kate, I REMEMBER that conversation. o_O
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Anne Kate:

I'm interested in your idea. Who would be on that list for you?

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Lime and I have met xnera, Jeni, dkw, and TomDavidson.

They're all very fun people.

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pod
Member # 941

- posted      Profile for Pod           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay i know i'm going to forget people, so please remind me if i have!

Chronological order of sorts:
Shimmrcat
Starsnake
Slash the Berzerker
Sarfa
Olav Mah
Porcelian Girl
Anne Kate
Mackillian
LadyDay
Everard
Jaiden
Kathrina
Papa Moose
Mama Squirrel
Mooselet (the pre-hatracker)
Nndra
Leto II
Jeni
JaneX
Shlomo
Ela
Zevlag
CalvinMaker
Hobbes
Pat
Lead
Miro
Naledge
OSC
KCard
KathrynHJanitor
LadyDove (and family, who are cool)
and other assorted EnderCon attendants.

[ April 02, 2003, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Pod ]

Posts: 4482 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I do not exist. These posts are actually the product of a system using 75 SiAs X-Operation Neural parallel processors to simulate the inner workings of an electrical engineer.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hatrack
Member # 2291

- posted      Profile for Hatrack   Email Hatrack         Edit/Delete Post 
And it's a poor simulation at that. Electrical engineers are so much cooler than you are.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Funnier, too.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassandra
Member # 4566

- posted      Profile for Cassandra   Email Cassandra         Edit/Delete Post 
But . . . I've never met anybody on the forum, and I don't think I will any time soon. That's what being 16 years old and having an overprotective mother does to you.

Does that mean I don't exist? [Smile]

Posts: 594 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. You do not exist.
Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Met:

Frisco
Khavanon
DeathofBees
BYuCnslr
Shan
Nato
Shigosei
Narnia

Known for years:

Deidre
Mr. Flibbles

Talked on the phone to:

Pod
porcelain girl
NdRa
Patrick

Soon to be added to "met" list:

NdRa
porcelain girl
Moose and Squirrel
Emily Card
and whoever else shows up at the SoCal BBQ

Have been personally tortured by:

Slash the Berzerker

[ April 02, 2003, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
I am officially protesting this thread and Slash's use of 'Lizard King.' As everyone knows, I was officially elected Hatrack's Lizard President and as such effectively ruined the career of our onetime Lizard citizen.

I may have a place for you in my cabinet, Slashy boy. Maybe we can work something out.

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
To the best of my knowledge, I have never actually met anyone from Hatrack. I have communicated with several people via e-mail, posted my picture, provided links to my department web site and a technical paper I wrote. Still, I suppose, I don't actually exist.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Rabbit, you receive special dispensation from the King, as I can't imagine anyone who isn't real being so much smarter than I am.
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Slash, how do you know that the Hatrackers you meet in person are really the same people that post on the board? [Wink]
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
I meet Ndra and Leto at endercon. I just can't remember the other lady that was with the two of them. I also meet OSC who gave me a strange look when i mentioned i've been writeing at VBS since 97. ;O)

I don't think i talked to, to many people at endecon. Im a sy guy when it comes down to it.

Slash since i only have the minimum of two contacts.does that mean i barely exist. actualy it wouldn't be te first time i was told i was a nobody.

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahem. [Wink]

Edit - I do believe that's one of the only times I've ever been addressed as a lady, though. Assuming you are referring to me.

[ April 02, 2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Jeni ]

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to point out that my existence remains very much in question.
Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
In question? I was convinced long ago that you do not exist.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I can verify the existence of:

Fael
Olivet
Mackillian
Jenny Gardener
Ladyday
Kwsni
Psycho Triad
Rakeesh/J4
Claudia Therese

I can verify the existence of the phone voice of:

Caleb Varns/John Keats

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pod
Member # 941

- posted      Profile for Pod           Edit/Delete Post 
Strangely i forgot to mention that i met Geoff Card. Who was wearing a bicycling helmet and tin foil at the time.
Posts: 4482 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Fael! And I've met Fael!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been confirmed by two or three people, so I will claim boldly that I am. I will attest to the existence of Ralphie & Frisco, and will acknowledge Porce as she is the sister to a fellow I once knew in Arizona, and only she could possibly discover my nickname. [Razz]

The rest of you are bits and data.

Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I've met:

Belle
Olivet
CT
Jenny Gardener
Rakeesh
Fael
Psycho Triad
Policyvote

And Celia sent me a game...that probly doesn't count for anything

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I've sent letters. I have pictures.

People who have met me:
Amka and Husband
Jon Boy
Damander
Hansenj
Diosmal
Popatr
OSC

And SDG managed to get a glimpse of me.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh ya, and Pat has my voice on a message... thank goodness he doesn't know how to convert it to an MP3 and share. In case he manages to in the future, just for the record: I hate phones and answering machines.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm...I'm not real? [Frown]

I've talked to Pod on the phone. Does that count?

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! I forgot -- I went to high school with somedeadguy, but we didn't actually know each other.

Kayla, I know you're real. Real enough to break my heart, anyway.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug J
Member # 1323

- posted      Profile for Doug J   Email Doug J         Edit/Delete Post 
No credentials.
Posts: 7083 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Slashy, the people I know quite well and have complete confidence in their personhood, whom I've nevertheless never talked to on the phone or met in person are Bernard Yu (BYuCnslr), Richard Chiu (Survivor) and his brother Sam Chiu (Masdibar), Human, Pixie, and now Manuel (Devil will cry for me).

All these are certainly real people. I feel I can vouch for them as well.

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I'm not even real to aka? [Frown]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I won't get into all the 'rackers I met at Endercon and the 2001 Writer's Class cuz I'm positive I'd forget a ton people.

Other than that, I've met Paul, Billie, Risuena, DawnMaria, and Naledge.(Though I met him originally at Endercon.)

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
If you have two or more user-names, couldn't you just say you met that person? [Wink]
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Kayla, I feel I knew you under another name but this new name I have only talked to you once or twice so I'm not completely sure yet. [Smile]
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
^Saudade^
Member # 175

- posted      Profile for ^Saudade^   Email ^Saudade^         Edit/Delete Post 
I am not real, I am just a figment of your imagination. AKA just seems to hallucinate specially bad.
Posts: 1449 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I have witnesses!!

Ralphie
Nato
Shigosei
BYuCnslr
DeathofBees
Shan
Deidre

I truly exist. *sigh of relief*

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I've met fugu and meltingsnowman. And I think fugu can vouch for all of us.

Oh, and I'd love to meet celia if she'd show me around Purdue. Please?

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

I just realized that I have met saxon45, but that probably doesn't count because he isn't real either, being the product of an earlier model Engineer-simulator (one that has only 45 processors). Besides, that's only one and you said we needed at least two.
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
This makes it a little hard for overseas Jatraqueros.

However, I have met Ethics Gradient and can confirm that his photo in the album is indeed him.

I can go to some length to confirm my true identity as well.

Take these steps to confirm my indentity:

• Go to the website www.cgc.com.au you will find the site of the company I work for.
  • Go to the "About CGC" button, and choose "Contact/Locations"
  • You will see a full address, phone number and email for the admin. The adminmel email address.
  • If you email that address, it will come to me, and I'm willing to reply to any emails. The reply will come back from the address in my profile.
  • To confirm the company's existence, go to www.whitepages.com.au and do a search on the name "Computer Graphics College" at the address on the site's contact page.
  • I am also willing to be called by anyone on the number listed.
  • You can also mail CGC Sydney to confirm MY existence
That'll be the best I can do - but it's pretty good confirmation of my existence, I think.

[ April 02, 2003, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Troubadour ]

Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I will confirm the existence of:

Luet
porce
Ralphie
Khavanon
Strider
Leto
Icarus
Cor
coil
Leonide
SingingRing
Risuena
ladyday
CalvinMaker

I will soon know if NdRa, Mooselet, Mama Squirrel, and Papa Moose are real (though I'm pretty sure Papa Moose was sitting in the front row of my round of the trivia contest, bragging about how he cheated by using the PWeb [Wink] )

[ April 02, 2003, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Frisco ]

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I suppose I'm a real Jatraquero after all. I've met a few of you guys and it was ever so much fun.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
I have met LadyDay, Mackillian, Pod, and pH
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

What Paul doesn't mention is that he is hot. [Wink]
Toranaga-sama
Member # 4966

- posted      Profile for Toranaga-sama   Email Toranaga-sama         Edit/Delete Post 
New, but facts remain:

Human

Toretha

Advaru

...more to come in future, I hope

Posts: 75 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Nighthawk
Cor
zgator
Ela
JaneX
Narrativium
Shlomo
pH
Leto
Strider
Leonide
SingingRing
Frisco

And for the record, I have never met "Bob_Scopatz." [Confused]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KEGE
Member # 424

- posted      Profile for KEGE   Email KEGE         Edit/Delete Post 
aka,

I remember years ago when we were all worried about one of your cats who was lost, but came home again. I never realized you were also "ak" but don't think I ever saw you posted as that until today.

People who were real to me back in 1999-2000: TomDavidson, brettly, PieMan, MOTO, userAnnie, dean, annie, aka, Slash (when his sis-in-law left her kids for an internet romance), Hobbes, JohnHansen ...

Posts: 874 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Does being mentioned in the afterword to an OSC book prove reality? ;O)

Also, I was seen by MANY at EnderCon, right on stage in the infamous Pweb Mod Skit. I was the 'Student Filmmaker'. The guy who was taping everything all over the con as well. All the Pweb Staff can vouch for me (Amka, Locke, Demosthenes, Zevlag, CalvinMaker, Ssywak, Rahl22, Ethan, and KennEnder, wherever he may be), and many other Jatraqueros as well.

-Taal

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus...

Remember me? I'm the guy you told Cor you were out with until 4 am the other day...

I'm tired of covering for you.

I'm sure Cor would understand that you really just want to go out and sing karaoke at the Parliament House some nights... She seems pretty cool about that kind of thing.

She might be upset you didn't take her, but then she likes to steal the show whenever karaoke is involved.

Speaking of karaoke.............

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*sings and snaps fingers* Fly me to the moon...
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SANTA
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for SANTA           Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone should be able to vouch for me! I've been around a long time and if I posted my picture I'm sure you would all recognize me.

PS: The Janitor is helping me with my List ... who's naughty or nice? [Eek!]

Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.