FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The REAL Hatracker's thread (Page 3)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The REAL Hatracker's thread
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
This should be sufficient proof.
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
In the order that Pod posted (except taking out my name and adding his [Smile] )

Pod
LadyDay
Kathrina
Papa Moose
Mama Squirrel
Mooselet (the pre-hatracker)
Nndra
Leto II
Jeni
JaneX
Shlomo
Ela
Zevlag
CalvinMaker
Hobbes
Pat
Lead
Miro
Naledge
OSC
KCard
KathrynHJanitor
LadyDove
Geoff Card
assorted EnderCon attendants

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
*gets out journal with list of Hatrackers and PWebbers she met at EnderCon*

(Yes, I wrote down all the people I met. Shut up. [Razz] )

People I met at EnderCon:

OrsonScottCard
kacard
Geoffrey Card
KathrynHJanitor
Amka
Ethan
Taalcon
Rahl22
ssywak
Locke (not :Locke, I mean Locke from PWeb)
IdemosthenesI
Pod
Jaiden
ladyday
katharina
Patrick
Jeni
NdRa
Theca
Leto II
Zevlag
Moose
Squirrel
Mooselet
aretee
CalvinMaker
Miro
Marce al'Meara
Luet
Crono
Ronin
LadyDove
Hobbes
naledge/frescokid
Pepek
Raventh1 (before he was a Hatracker! [Razz] )
Chris Kidd (I remember you, even if you don't remember me...)

People I met elsewhere:

mackillian
Bob Scopatz & wife
Icarus
Cor
pH
zgator & wife
sarahdipity

People I've known all my life:

Ela
narrativium
Shlomo

Quite a list. It's so nice to have a parent on HatCrack... [Big Grin]

~Jane~

[ August 06, 2003, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: JaneX ]

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pod
Member # 941

- posted      Profile for Pod           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh and i've talked to Kayla on the telephone on a couple occasions. [Smile]
Posts: 4482 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh fine, you get to talk to Kayla on the phone and I dont.

[Frown]

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I would be willing to call anyone past 9:00 PM PST because I get free long distance on my cell phone after then. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pod
Member # 941

- posted      Profile for Pod           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey pat, i'm special. And you're not. Its that simple, why can tyou get that?
Posts: 4482 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
One of these days Patrick.

::shakes fist at sky::

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

Pod:

--I--

Kayla:

[Wink]

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

So, do phone calls count? You know, cause if they do, I'm half real. And to be all the way real, I might even consider calling Patrick. For real. And not just cause I'm trying to track down relatives or anything. [Wink]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Ralphie and Narnia for verifying the existence of those of us that attended Oregon's Hatrack get-together.

And if you all don't believe them, just ask my darling son. He'd NEVER tell a lie!

(Unless it had to do with teethbrushing, room cleaning, garbage emptying . . . [Wink] )

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
enjeeo
Member # 2336

- posted      Profile for enjeeo   Email enjeeo         Edit/Delete Post 
I need two, huh?

The only Hatracker I've met personally is Skyweir. Damn, I hate not existing!
quote:
Rabbit, you receive special dispensation from the King, as I can't imagine anyone who isn't real being so much smarter than I am.
Hmmmm....maybe the Rabbit is so smart because she is actually a team of experts who consult and then post as one.

*rechecks verifying information*
Hmmm...seems okay for now. But we'll be watching you. [Wink]

Posts: 2451 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

You got the number....
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, I'd be willing to make a call to prove my authenticity, but of course, someone calling me on my listed work-number and asking the secretary for me by name would be more convincing!
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been privileged to meet Slash the Berserker, Olivet, ladyday, Fael, Belle, Rakeesh, Psycho Triad, kwsni, Claudia Therese, OSC, kacard, Flying Cow, and a few others at Boot Camp/Writing Class 2001 that I'll remember when I see your names.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Yes, actually, I do. It's in my stalker notebook. [Big Grin]
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm kinda, sorta halfway there - I was at LosCon the year OSC was GoH. Not that he would remember, I was the one in the idea generation panel who kept trying to turn the story we were generating ideas for into a romance. He also signed my copy of Enchantment. But since he wouldn't remember either of those encounters, they probably don't count.

Oh, well. If I can make it to the Southern California BBQ on the 20th, I should have my bona fides to make the list.

I know this doesn't count, but if we could count e-mails, I've corresponded with Belle when I read her play for her church about Daniel, and I've corresponded with enjeeo, khavanon, and others over on the Writer's Workshop side.

I know I'm real - but I want to be REAL, too.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
KEGE! Hi! It's been so long! Yes, that was Mouse and I'm so glad she came home to me!

We've never met but don't you live like in Huntsville or somewhere close?

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Pat, you deleted that message I left on your answering machine, right? I mean... no chance its going to surface... ever?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Patrick, your message box is full!! Empty it. [Razz]
Pat
Member # 879

Oh, I archived it. It's flying around the Deseret News voice mail system.....
T_Smith
Member # 3734

*curse*

Im just glad that you don't know how to convert it, and if any certain people here happen to know and they just happen to let slip how, I'll hunt them down and throw a pie at them. And thats a promise. [Wink]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Well hey, come October/November I may well be looking for couches to crash on on the east & west coasts as I do my round-the-world trip to Mexico... so bona fides could well be established that trip!
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Come to Utah. Smell our lake. Eat our jello.
Trondheim
Member # 4990

- posted      Profile for Trondheim   Email Trondheim         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, being a new member and living in Norway, how will I ever get confirmed as real??
Anyone going to Norway for their summer holidays? [Smile]
(It's a rather safe world corner...)

Posts: 99 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Alright, dual K.A.M.A's!
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been to Norway! My favorite part is when the trolls say "Disappear! Disappear!" and then send your boat careening backward! [Big Grin]

Although, I must admit, the disembodied voice at the beginning saying "You are not the first to pass this way" is pretty cool, too.

*sigh* I went there seeking adventure and excitement, but found beauty and charm instead...

The movie at the end sucks, though...

As does the bakery. And the restaurant.

Pretty cool playground, though. Between Norway and Mexico. [Big Grin]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
My list is relatively short:

Slash the Berzerker
Jenny Gardener
Olivet
Porcelain Girl
OrsonScottCard
kacard
John Keats (aka Caleb Varns)
Edit: Emily Card (though I've never seen her post here, and I sent her an email she never responded to... probably thinks I'm a stalker. [Eek!] )

I don't think I've left out anyone, though that's entirely possible. Then again, I met every one of these people before I came to hatrack. [Big Grin] I have not met a single jatrequero since I became one myself.

Okay, wait... I did hang out with Olivet after "FlyingCow" was born... but I met her beforehand, so that doesn't really count. I should say I haven't met any more jatrequeros since becoming one.

[ April 03, 2003, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: FlyingCow ]

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
I've met OSC and Kristine, but that's it.
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, I forgot. Though I didn't speak to either for more than a minute, I've met both OSC and kacard. It was at the most recent Saint Louis signing, and the line had to be moved outside because the library closed. It was very fun, we all posed and Kristine took a picture.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I spoke to OSC for about a minute and lurked near the table for about a half hour after the signing wrapped up, occasionally jumping into the conversation. Both Cor and I did get to talk to Kristine at some length, Cor more than I as I recall. Cor even tried to convince the Cards to look into Celebration!

[Big Grin]
[Embarrassed]
[Big Grin]
[Roll Eyes]
[Big Grin]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KEGE
Member # 424

- posted      Profile for KEGE   Email KEGE         Edit/Delete Post 
aka,

Yep! I'm up here north of you in Huntsville. I haven't been around much since 2001 because we opened our own business late in 2000 and it's taking ALL of my time. It's an internet based company so its a 24/7 commitment cause we get customers worldwide.

Since Jeni emailed me when Khav listed me on the Historical Archive thread, I've been checking back at Hatrack whenever I can.

Since I know that if anyone knows you will know, I'll ask you. How is everyone I remember as real?

Posts: 874 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
KEGE: of the people on your list TomDavidson, Slash (whatever did happen about your sister in law?), and Hobbes are still here. dean and Mikey live with me now (though they don't hatrack anymore) and they are doing okay though finding the transition to adulthood harder than perhaps they expected.

annie and JohnHansen recently made a reappearance as you have. It's good to see them again.

brettly, PieMan, MOTO, and userAnnie have disappeared and we miss them! I get nostalgic for people when I stop and remember them. There have been so many great hatrackers over the years! But I guess they have lives now and stuff, so maybe this is a good thing for them... but still it is awfully inconsiderate, I think, for them to just run away and leave bereft those of us who don't. [Smile]

[ April 03, 2003, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: ak ]

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Ladyday, Mackillian, Godric. . . and I think there was one other person at the Baltimore picnic a year or so ago. Oh well, I guess at least I squeak by.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
Well since several people have been kind enough to verify my existence, I should probably return the favor (not that they need it).

I've met:
Oneluckycricket
CalvinMaker
Paul
Frisco
Ladyday
Porcelain Girl

Maybe I'll get around to meeting more of you...

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Well it is offical, I don't exist. Or maybe I do but in a wierd dimension. Though I plan on meeting quite a few jatraqueros a week from now. I guess then I will exist in a jatrarquero dimension.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChaoticBlizzard
Member # 2914

- posted      Profile for ChaoticBlizzard   Email ChaoticBlizzard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have never met one person from hatrack, so I guess I don't exist. Does this mean I still have to pay taxes though? Anyways, if any of you live around Nashville, TN I'm always up for a nice meeting [Smile]

-ChaoticBlizzard

Posts: 97 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I meet the minimum requirements... I've met KarlEd and Ladyday. Woohoo! I exist! [Razz]
Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've been to Norway! My favorite part is when the trolls say "Disappear! Disappear!" and then send your boat careening backward!
Grr...*wishes for scanner* [Mad]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
All the EnderCon folks saw me, as I hosted the trivia contest and appeared in a skit.
T_Smith

I also have a picture of having my head squished by OSC. I think that should bring special significance to the reality of my existance.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeni
quote:
Ahem.

Edit - I do believe that's one of the only times I've ever been addressed as a lady, though. Assuming you are referring to me.

Im sorry Jeni but for some reason when i tried o remember your name. the name linda kept popping into my head but it didn't sound like the right name. so I wasn't to sure about the name.

JaneX
quote:
Chris Kidd (I remember you, even if you don't remember me...)

Im sorry JaneX.now that Ive been reminded you whee in th group that talked after the pool party right.

I mighthave talked to a few other people. thinking about it now. i talked to darian from Pweb. Itried to tl hi into doing an igsignia for griffin army. Sine that was the army i ws commandng at the time.

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
AKA: There is still a Brettly around, though I'm not sure it's the same one you speak of.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I thought I saw a Brettly10 ripping it up in our NCAA Tournament Yahoo group.
Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Amka, that is quite obviously a cleverly photoshopped picture of Patrick...

[Roll Eyes]

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
The question is, do any of these validations exist in small circles, like Three people validating each other? If so, they can still not exist. I think you need two people *plus* a link to Endercon to be real.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Littlemissattitude:

Sarfa, Docmagic, Olavmah and I were at that same LosCon! Too bad we didn't know you back then. At OSC's keynote speech on Saturday, Sarfa and I were the ones in the front row that OSC came off the stage to meet.

Were you at that speech?

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
I have met everyone on JaneX's list. [Smile]

And I have exchanged snailmail packages with CKDexterhaven (books and buttons, mostly). [Big Grin]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Ela flirts with me shamelessly, causing me to doubt her realness.
Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, KEGE I was up your way last weekend in Huntsville.

Who knew I was going to sit in traffic for more than 2 hours to get to see the Blue Angels fly. [Eek!]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Ela, the question is: have you met JaneX? [Razz] [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.