FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Need a (((hug))), take a (((hug))), have a (((hug))), leave a (((hug))) (Page 15)

This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: Need a (((hug))), take a (((hug))), have a (((hug))), leave a (((hug)))
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
It's all the little (and not so little) things that are depressing me. [Frown]
It's dreary and icky outside.
The hot water heater is acting up. (ie cold showers)
I'm eating too much junk, which makes me depressed, which makes me eat more junk...
I'm feeling coldy. (partly because the cat is in the house now)
Decorating.
Noise.
Mess.
School.
Rhaegar is avoiding me.
I've had a headache off and on the last couple of days.
And on top of all that I haven't had a good night's sleep in a couple of weeks.
[Cry]

(((((Marek))))) You better go get stuff done! We'll understand if you aren't around much.
(((((Raia))))) Thanks. I feel better.
(((((Rhaegar)))))

(((((everyone)))))

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((Eru)))))))))))))))))))))))))) Listen, dear, it'll be ok. Everything will lighten up soon. Hang in there, we love you, and I'm here WHENEVER you need to talk!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Marek))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Feel better, dearest!!!! [Kiss]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
((((Eru)))) I don't care, you probably need it.
((((Raia))))
((((EVERYONE))))

Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Mage)))))
(((((Valkyrie)))))
((((((((((Marek)))))))))) [Frown]
(((((((((((((((Eruve))))))))))))))) I hear ya, sister-friend!
(((((Raia)))))

(((((you!)))))

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Sorry to be doing this again, but...

My voice teacher just called. On the phone. He called to tell me that my parents have been calling him periodically the last couple weeks, saying I don't practice, I'm not serious, I don't care, that they care more than I do, that I shouldn't be doing it, I don't like it, all this other crap.

OK, first of all, NONE of that is true, I love music, I love to sing, it's basically my main passion, that's what I do, it's what I might do in college, it's what I do in my spare time (when I'm not on the computer... but even without practicing at home, I'm in two choirs, and have lessons twice a week).

Second of all, what sneaky thing is that to do, to call my teacher behind my back, instead of confronting me about their worries, and telling him that THEY don't think I practice enough!!? That THEY don't think I'm serious?!?! I mean, I'm not even supposed to know they did that, but my voice teacher told me, he said he thought I should know, but he's trusting me not to tell them I know... and it's tearing me apart, I'm in complete shock, and dismay that my parents would do that, I can't believe it! I mean, how low can you get?? I'd still be completely ignorant now if it weren't for my teacher, shattering the illusion that I've so naively built up about my parents.

I mean, it sounds childish to be reacting like this, but everytime they've told me "we don't lie to you," or "we don't hide things from you," it was a complete falsehood, I can't trust them anymore.

In short, I could use a hug.

((((((((((((((((((Everyone who needs))))))))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Marek)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Frown] Ouch. I'm sorry, sweetie -- that must really hurt. ((((((((((((((((((((Raia))))))))))))))))))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valkyrie
Member # 5980

- posted      Profile for Valkyrie   Email Valkyrie         Edit/Delete Post 
oh raia im so sorry (((((raia)))))
They just dont seem to be able to you for the wonderful person you are.

i want to get to sleep so... ((((((((everyone eles))))))))) [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 150 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Raia)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
for what is worth I'm here for you
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Raia))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Raia))))) Itll be okay.

DXM

Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
That's just ridiculous. [Mad] (((RAIA!))) (((RAIA!))) (((RAIA!)))

(((Eru)))(((val)))(((mage)))((riv)))(((tt&t [Razz] )))(((koga)))(((damien (good to see yer screen name again, dude))))(((marek)))

(((Everyone else)))

*tackle-hugs the entire thread*

[ December 11, 2003, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: Zotto! ]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

((((((((((Raia))))))))))
(((((Valkyrie)))))
(((((Koga)))))
(((((Damien)))))
(((((Zotto!)))))
(((((Eruve)))))
(((((Marek)))))
(((((tt&t)))))
(((((imogen)))))
(((((Mage)))))
(((((BobbyK)))))
(((((Valentine)))))

[Group Hug] Hatrack [Group Hug]

tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Zotto!))))) [Razz] [Big Grin] [Razz]
(((((rivka))))) [Wave]
(((((Raia))))) Awww. I'm sorry. [Frown]
(((((Eruve))))) [Frown]
(((((Marek))))) Sweety, I'm sure everything will be fine. You might have to work a little harder on your papers, but you will be ok. [Smile]
(((((Rhaegar)))))
(((((Bobby)))))
(((((Black Mage)))))
(((((Val & Val)))))
(((((imogen)))))
(((((Koga)))))
(((((odouls)))))
(((((D))))) (((((D))))) Hope you get better soon. [Smile]

((((everyone who wants)))))

I'ma be away for a couple days, so (((((everyone))))) lots while I'm gone!! Byeeee! Take care and have fun and stuff.

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Very big hugs today to:

(((((((AJ)))))))
(((((((Julie)))))))
(((((Nick))))))
(((((jehovoid)))))
(((((riv)))))))
((((((Saxon)))))
(((((odouls))))))
(((((Christy)))))

for playing mind games with me!

But esp to:

(((((((((((((((((((((BobbyK)))))))))))))))))))))
who is now home sick with the flu [Kiss]
Feel better Bobby!

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] hi y'all

((((rivka))))
((((tt&t)))))
((((raia)))) [Frown] I'd do music notes for you if I knew how... Just imagine this guy --> [Embarrassed] is singing instead, to cheer you up.
((((eruve))))
((((rhaeger)))) I don't agree with you about dubya, but I still like you buddy.
((((bobbyk))))
((((valentine)))) 'cos why not?
((((black mage))))

((((anyone else i've forgotten)))

It's my last day at work today, and we're moving early Monday morning. Means I'm not sure when I'll be around a computer next.

I'll definately check in a couple of time before we go to France, but I won't be on very regularly. Family and friends catching up and all that.

So, good luck for anyone who hasn't finished school. And have a lovely holiday to all!

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

(((((Imogen))))) this thread tells how to make the notes

(((((rivka)))))

(((((tt&t)))))

(((((Rhaegar)))))

(((((Eruve)))))

(((((Damien)))))

(((((Valentine)))))

(((((Valkyrie)))))

(((((BobbyK)))))

(((((Black Mage)))))

((((((((((((((Raia))))))))))))))

Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Koga
((((Koga))))

((((♫ ♪ Raia ♪ ♫ ))))

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

(((((tt&t))))) [Wave] Have fun! We'll miss you.
(((((Valentine)))))
((((((((((BobbyK)))))))))) Feel better!
(((((imogen))))) What's with all the people who think they're allowed to disappear without notifying us well in advance?! In triplicate! [No No] Seriously, hope the move goes well, and as painlessly as possible. Come visit us soon!
(((((Koga)))))

(((((all of y'all)))))

Valkyrie
Member # 5980

[ROFL] Nivlem (not a hatracker) is back from Mexico after 2 and 1/2 weeks!!!
We have seen each other a lot the past two days but now he has lots of homework to cach up on... but im still glad he is back [Kiss]

((((((((((raia)))))))))) dont let your parents get you down... we will get mad for you [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] although im not sure what good it will do, at least we will be intimadating... sort of...
(((rhaegar)))
(((marek)))
(((rivka)))
(((mage)))
(((eruve)))
(((tt&t)))
(((koga)))

Posts: 150 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

*bump*
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Raia)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) [Kiss]

(((((((((((Everyone I'm neglecting because of Final))))))))))))

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
Here it is!
:: hugs ::
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

((((BYuCnslr)))) cool another hug thread

((((Satyagraha))))

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

((((((((((All the people I don't have time to list)))))))))))

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Marek)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) [Kiss]

Valkyrie
Member # 5980

[Wall Bash] stupid parents [Grumble]
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
*edited because fugu is afraid of female genetalia*

[ December 14, 2003, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: Frisco ]

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm, Frisco, you may want to remove that.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

One more week of school and I'm freefreefree and on my way back home to Hawaii to see my mom and stepdad and bro and friends and other family and, and...

*spontaneously explodes*

*dishes out hugs for all ye who enter here* [Smile]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
<--- needs hugs.

*hugs everyone*

<<<<<<<everyone>>>>>>>

And apparently we can't use parenthesis anymore? [Dont Know]

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

*hugs tt&t* I kind of get the thing with the parenthesis, but with someone's name in the middle of them it is kind of different.
oh well, maybe it is just me. [Dont Know]

*hugs Zotto!* congrats on only haveing one week left, have fun going home.

*hugs valkyrie*

*hugs Raia very tightly* [Kiss] [Kiss] see that made more sense when it was in parenthesis

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz] at Frisco.

I'm not the one who was so skeered he had to add male genitalia to the picture so he wouldn't feel left out.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I refuse to be held accountable to someone else's dirty mind. I'm fine with continuing to use (((hugs))), but I am also fine with pointy-elbow <<<hugs>>>, and there's always the way I did it for years {{{hugs}}}. [Dont Know]

{{{{{Valkyrie}}}}}
{{{{{Koga}}}}}
{{{{{Marek}}}}}
{{{{{Bernard}}}}}
{{{{{Raia}}}}}
{{{{{Zotto!}}}}}
{{{{{{{{{{tt&t}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{just for YOU!}}}}}

Zotto!
Member # 4689

{{{TT&T}}} Hope you feel better soon! [Frown]
{{{Marek}}} Thanks, dude! [Smile]
{{{fugu}}} [Razz]
{{{Riv}}} [Wave]
*gives Frisco a handshake in place of hug* He may be a dirty ape, but I still like 'im fine.

I need a hug really, really badly. Any takers?

{{{Hatrack}}}

rivka
Member # 4859

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Zotto!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
((vulva))

So what.

Vulva, vulva, vulva! (deliberately misquoting 'Born on the Fourth of July')

Sheesh.

Now I have some inkling of why the original hug thread was deleted.

It's a big responsibility to have one's name attached to a thread.

*grmbl*

They are just HUGS, people!!

((hugs Frisco firmly and repeatedly, out of spite))

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Big Grin] jexx, you are my hero! (((((jexx)))))

I so wanted to tell 'em to read the silly things as they were meant, but I kept my mouth shut. Thanks for saying what I was too chicken to.

Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Marek, I’m very touched that you did put a link here to the thread in which I told about my problems with my sister. Some of you have probably noticed that I was in a horrible mood the last two weeks.
Well, I had a lot of problems in the same time, let’s tell the most important:
The father of my father died.
My father’s dog, who was still mine, died too.
And my driving school stole me money.
About my grand father I don’t know what to tell. He was a horrible man, I haven’t seen him since ten years, he basically tortured my father in his childhood, with his wife (my father’s mother), and had inexcusable attitudes toward my mother and my sisters and me. So we’ve been forced to cut all contacts since a long time, but my father saw them from time to time since my mother’s death (can you believe it, them going back, ready to “forgive” my father, when my mother just died???). I know my father is very sad, because even if his father was horrible, he still wanted in a little part of his heart getting better with him, and now it’s impossible. I think that’s what hurts him most. And since the dog just died he’s all alone in the house, and I’m worrying a lot. I asked him to go and spend a few days with him, but he didn’t want me to. So we just ate together, my father, Vincent and me, Saturday. I’m trying to feel better.
About my sister, she’s still crazy (no, really, she is… About a cousin who’s going to marry a guy whose parents are dead , she told “well, she should be happy, she won’t have in-laws to see every week-end !” and that’s just an example and not the most shocking…) but I had a very long explanation with her and she seems to have forgiven me (but I didn’t apologize, because I felt in my rights. It’s better than what I do usually…).
The driving school… That’s just a money thing, but very irritating.
Thank you Hatrack for being there, I don’t know if I could have support all this without you.
(((((Everyone)))))
And don’t worry for me; I’m fine, sort of. This could be far worse, and I always try to put a smile on my face and face the life with a song in my heart.

EDIT : I originally posted this on the Hug Thread v2.0.1.7b but since it became a real mess I though I'd better post it here...

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Anna)))
(((Jexx)))

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

(((((Anna))))) Family can be tough to deal with. Hope things get easier soon!
(((((pooka)))))

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Hatrack))) Woo-Hoo! I'm back in business. I'm finally able to plug in at home. Woo-Hoo...I feel like I've been shaken out of a deep coma.

[Smile]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

(((((Tammy))))) Yay! Glad to see you back! [Smile] [Smile]
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
(((rivka))) It's good to be back. [The Wave] Everyone is going to have to forgive my Graemlins addiction for awhile.....I've been away..a long time.
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

(((((((Annie))))))))
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

Oh, and (((( volvo )))). I mean (((( vulva )))).
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

(((((Marek))))) I don't have a problem using them, but when I tried to post on this thread yesterday I got an error message saying that the use of parenthesis was not allowed (even though I had someones name in them). So I assumed that we actually weren't able to use them. I guess my computer was just playing up, though, cos it seems people can use 'em fine now. [Dont Know]
(((((rivka))))) [Wave]
(((((Zotto!))))) [Smile] [Razz]
(((((Jexx))))) [Big Grin]
(((((Anna)))))
(((((pooka)))))
(((((Tammy)))))
(((((Black Mage)))))
(((((D)))))
(((((T.AK)))))
(((((Raia))))) I haven't seen you for AGES!
(((((Bobby)))))

(((((everyone who wants)))))

rivka
Member # 4859

(((((tt&t))))) [Wave]
(((((Eruve)))))
(((((Raia))))) Have a great trip!
(((((Mage)))))
(((((Valkyrie)))))
(((((Koga)))))
(((((Damien)))))
(((((Zotto!)))))
(((((Valentine)))))
(((((imogen)))))
(((((Marek)))))
(((((Bernard)))))
(((((jexx)))))
(((((Anna)))))

(((((you!)))))

Zotto!
Member # 4689

(((everybody)))

((('specially Riv and TT&T))) [Big Grin]

The hug thread must NOT drop to page two! [Smile]

Koga
Member # 5646

((((Zotto!)))) I agree, must keep on front page, or at least no further than the second page. [Smile]

((((tt&t)))) I used to get errors with the parenthesis sometimes on the old hug thread, and then later I wouldn't, I still don't understand but anyway. [Dont Know]

((((rivka)))) I see you caught the hint in the last post thread. [Wink]

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Raia)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

rivka
Member # 4859

(((((Marek-or-whatever-name-you're-using-today))))) Yup. [Big Grin]
(((((Zotto!))))) Oops! I'll try not to let it slip that far again. [Wink]
(((((tt&t)))))
(((((Eruve)))))
(((((Raia))))) Miss ya.
(((((Mage)))))
(((((Valkyrie)))))
(((((Damien)))))
(((((Valentine)))))
(((((imogen))))) Miss ya too!

[Group Hug] Hatrack [Group Hug]

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
I need a hug. Preferably a big one. Pwease? I'm sick, and Bernard is back in a different time zone. [Frown] Pwease, hugs?
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

(((((((((((((((Mayday))))))))))))))) I think you got a bit too close to some of your patients! [Wink] Poor baby. Would you prefer chicken soup or tea? Or both?
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  47  48  49   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.