FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 'Rackademy Awards...That's it folks. Now for the after party (Page 3)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: 'Rackademy Awards...That's it folks. Now for the after party
Scythrop
Member # 5731

- posted      Profile for Scythrop   Email Scythrop         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent Fallow and Sarcy! Can't wait.

And Cochick - I'm definately in favour of the Ducks and Taps curtain, perhaps accessorised with the fish shaped shower curtain rings.

Nominations should be up in a day or so...

cheers
tony

Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*bounce* [Big Grin]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
sarky-mup,

I think we should coordinate. "I go high, you go low. I go right, you go left? that sorta thing."

scythrop,

Would it be too much of a burden to request notes regarding the luminaries who might put shoe to red?

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I follow, fallow. We need to work out a game plan. No one will escape us, as hard as they try!

Okay, we need a map of the red carpet area, two microphones, and a bottle of Elmer's glue. Scythrop, will this be out of the Rackademy budget?

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
I, of course, will be delighted to assist in dress and suit/tux selection.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

Sarky (do you mind if I call you sarky?),

quote:
Okay, we need a map of the red carpet area, two microphones, and a bottle of Elmer's glue.
I like the way you think, sister. A little good cop/bad cop routine might elicit some notable quotables on the carpet. You wanna handle the guys? gals? mix it up? You comment on wardrobe, I'll inform the viewing audience regarding past achievements?

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought we had another day to get nominations in...
[Confused]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You DO, Eruve. No one appointed anybody here the official rule-maker, after all.

Make all the nominations you want, whenever you want. If people choose to accept them, great -- and if not, too bad.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

Eruve,

Oh, I reckon it was the snailmail postmark date. If you've got'em, send 'em philotically.

fallow

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Eruve - maybe it's because of the crazy time differences?

Either way, as long as you get them in soonish I'm sure Tony will accept them. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

Time differences combined with two days sans Hatrack...

I'm still working up the lists, so get 'em in ASAP and I'll factor them in [Wink]

Mrs.M - you are hereby appointed official wardrobe co-ordinator for all presenters...

And Sarcy/Fallow. I think that the safest way to go will be to assume a limitless budget. I've also negotiated exclusive commentary rights for the two of you, so you won't have to worry about someone else getting the exclusive.

As to luminaries; I'm expecting all the hatrack literati/glitterati. I'm still waiting to hear back from Hugh Jackman and Johnny Depp's people, but I have high hopes...

Now, all we need is someone to script some painfully bad intorductions to the various categories, involving obvious attempts at humor and to be read in a stilted fashion from the autocue. Any takers???

Cheers
tony [Big Grin]

Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

Scythrop,

I just realized that there is no host for this thing. I would like to nominate an MC.

fallow

Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmm, Johnny Depp is hot....

*cough*

Uh...erm...well, I'm just sorry that I've been away too long to know any of the newbs that are nominated for stuff. [Dont Know]

Good luck newbs, and all the rest of you jatraqueros. [Smile] [Kiss] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

Avadaru,

Yer just the gal I've been looking for. I need some notes on past achievements of the luminaries who'll stride down the carpet.

fallow

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take on the gentlemen, fallow. Think you can handle the ladies?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

aye.

could use some notes, tho.

Scythrop
Member # 5731

Host nominations much appreciated, fallow.

Short lists will be up tonight (Perth Time) for tomorrow (Hatrack Time)

I hope.

I still have to finish my tax return, however.

for 2002.

Hmmm.....

Raia
Member # 4700

If there's time, I'd like to put in one more nomination... for tt&t as Hatrack Hottie!

If not, that's ok, I understand.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
*glare*

Gah, Raia! You're not meant to nominate me against you! I don't *like* losing! [Roll Eyes] [Razz]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
*looks at both nominies*

*leaves thread in silance so as not to offend either friend*

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

The Hatrack Academy of Arts and Sciences is pleased to announce the shortlists for the first annual ‘Rackademy Awards.

Category One: Best (Really) New Talent Has registered this year, and is still hanging around for reason or reasons unknown, and despite their better judgement.

Nominees:

1. Digging_holes. Some quality work in a number of threads, but for appropriateness to this thread; check out This one

2. Skillery A number of quality contributions to the forum, but I particularly liked their work in regard to Peanut Butter

3. Want2Write too hard to choose what to link to here. How about we go with their first ever thread...

4. Finally in this category, a joint nomination for Beverly and Mr Porterio Head I think that this dobie is the perfect link for these two!

Category Two: Best Supporting Newbie Registered in the last 12 Months, and has a post count higher than 200.

Nominees:

1. Raia. Difficult to choose a link but I think that for both multiculturalism and spelling, you can't go past this one
2. Eruve Nandiriel Okay, first there's the classic chicken parody followed by Eruve's response...
3. Rivka How could you go past the ask the rebbetzin thread?
4. Derrel who stormed to 1000 posts, and gave us this landmark

Category Three: Best Screen Name

1.Mayday Desaix For a mis-spelled middle name. Check it out here
2. Zotto
3. Sarcasticmuppet
4. tonguetied and twisted.
5. knightswhosayni!

Category Four: Best Alternative SN

1. Megachirops (Icarus)
2. Hot Nathan (T_Smith)
3. Trogdor the Burninator (Pat)
4. Lavalamp (Bob... or Bob's lavalamp)
5. Sarcasm (Jon Boy)

Category Five: Best Hatrack Couple

1. Hobbes and Annie
2. Bob and DKW
3. Mayday and Bernard
4. Ben and Ophelia
5. Jon Boy and Brinestone

Category Six: Best Dobie

1. Imogen for Good COD OSC!
2. Kama for List of things I need to do
3.Papa Moose for Hatrack Infinity

Category Seven: Best Pun / Punster

1. Bob Scopatz
2. Elizabeth
3. Punwit
4. Fallow
5. Chris Bridges

Category Eight: Most Passionate Arguer

1. Katharina
2. Tresopax
3. Xaposert [Wink]
4. John L

Category Nine: Best Hatrack Family

1. The Mooses
2. The Ravens
3. DKW /ELJay/Bob/Lavalamp/posable man/smokey
4. OSC/A Rat Named Dog/KaCard

Category Ten: Best thread Hijack / Hijacker
Only two nominees here -
1. Lalo
2. Fallow / Flish

The Bob Scopatz special awards for achievement.

Category eleven: Best Landmark

Too many nominations to shortlist - too many brilliant moments shared. Multiple awards to be given out on the night...

Category Twelve: Best Return from an absence

1. Fallow
2. Hmm. No other nominees. I guess this one'll be a walkover....

Category Thirteen: Best Use of Graemlins

1. Hobbes. To understand this nomination, check out this thread
2. Rivka. for outstanding contribution, notably in this thread
3. Imogen. for this effort

Category Fourteen: Hatrack Hottie

1. Ralphie
2. Raia
3. Tonguetied and Twisted
4. Mrs M.

Category Fifteen: Best Accent

1.Belle
2.Anna
3.Irami
4.Mrs.M
5.Troubador

Category Sixteen: Best Waste of Time
1. Advice for Robots -The Penguin Game
2. Fiazko - The Helicopter Game
3. Da_Goat - Defend your Castle

Category Seventeen: Resident Expert

1. Jon Boy Grammar
2. Claudia Therese Medicine
3. A shared nomination for BanaOJ and ak Engineering
4. Zevlag Information Technology
5. Mrs. M. Fashion

and finally THE HUGH JACKMAN AWARD FOR MOST ADORING EXPRESSION OF HOW GREAT YOU THINK A PARTICULAR PERSON / PERSONS / FICTIONAL CHARACTER / GENRE OF CHARACTERS (SUCH AS PIRATES) ARE.

And again, only one nominee:

DKW...dkw said:
It's the clothes. There's just something sexy about full-sleeved shirts on men. And then there's the long, curly, dark hair that kind of falls into your face when they kiss you and the short, dark beard sprinkled with gray that's so incredibly . . . *ahem* . . . what was I saying? Oh yeah, pirates. It's the clothes.

So there you go, folks. It's taken three hours, but that's the compilation of everyone's comments. Now, get voting. Email me (address in profile) Your preferred vote in each category. Awards night is only a day or two away, after all...

Cheers all
tony [Big Grin]

[ May 11, 2004, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Scythrop ]

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
No nomination for Dagonee? He was robbed!!

Did I send an e-mail? Um, no... *looks guilty*

Added: Woah. I got nominated. With Tres and John. *puts head on desk*

Hey, this means I get to pick out a dress!

[ May 11, 2004, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*psst*
Scythrop, I did get nominated for best SN by sarcasticmuppet.
[Wink]

(edit: OMG! [Eek!] I can't believe he linked to the chicken thing! [Wall Bash] )

[ May 11, 2004, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
[Embarrassed]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I think these categories were biased against Bokonon-type posters. I'm going to lead a protest! Who's with me?!?!

*Raises protest sign, starts chanting*

Equality now! Quality never!
Equality now! Quality never!

[Smile]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
wow I got a nomination!!!! *hugs ak* I couldn't be in better company!!!!

*honored*

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
*Feels cool about being nominated twice!*
*Thinks if a link will be provided for smilies it should be his 2000 post landmark*
*Goes back to feeling honored*

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No nomination for Dagonee? He was robbed!!
*coughNarnianominatedmeonpage1forbestcontroversialarguercough*

Of course, the category is actually "Most Passionate Arguer." Maybe that explains my being left off. [Taunt]

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I meant in the not-a-newbie-but-then-what? category. Totally robbed!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Why thank you! But the Academy often overlooks the true talent. How else has Bruce Campbell not yet been nominated?

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmm, congrats, nominees. [Hail]
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
So how come I wasn't nominated for best accent?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Your English is perfect.
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
oh
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*is very honored* [Smile]

Um, do I qualify for best supporting newbie? I've been here more than 12 months . . . [Dont Know]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Side note: Kama has my vote for one of the sexiest voices.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Gotta love when like every couple is nominated except you and your signif.

[Wink]

[Razz]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, there are some other couples not nominated...
ludosti and slacker, for example.

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm nominated for the best waste of time.

This may be the pinnacle of my young life.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
You're a hero to us all, Goat.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I've been away for the last couple weeks, and I come back and find myself nominated for best newbie. You have no idea how great an honour this is. Seriously. Just the nomination has made my day. [Smile]
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I am ridiculously flattered. [Blushing]

Now, down to business. I am going to start a separate thread for wardrobe, so be on the lookout.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

I got nominated for two! I'm so excited!! [The Wave] Yay!

*checks out Mrs. M's thread* Fun clothes! Who needs prom? [Wink]

Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
<onanism>
I'm disappointed Trogdor didn't nominate my obvious candidate for the dobie award.
</onanism>

Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't be too hurt, Richard; these awards are pretty much the "people who post in the hug thread and hang out in chat" awards. They're like the People's Choice. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Actually, I'd say they're the people who got nominated awards.

They're meant to be fun and Tony spent a lot of time on them. It irritates me to see people being negative on the basis of who didn't get nominated - if you care, you should have nominated them. If you don't care, don't bring it down for the rest of us.

That's slightly more tetchy then it needs to be - I blame the excessive tetchiness on my being stuck at work. But still. [Grumble]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
Who's being negative? This place is nothing if not amusing.
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

I had got that impression.

But hey, if I was mistaken and it's all in good fun then feel free to ignore my grumble.

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
We'll just have to have a pre-hatrackademy "Golden Racks" where Dag, Bok and I (The Interacktional press corps) give awards as we see fit and also to TV shows and Madonna.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.