FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 'Rackademy Awards...That's it folks. Now for the after party (Page 8)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: 'Rackademy Awards...That's it folks. Now for the after party
Leo Tolstoy
Member # 6436

- posted      Profile for Leo Tolstoy           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Scythrop. It is being pleasure to be here.

*reads recently repaired Autocue*

Okay, nobody, move. This argument is loaded, and I’m prepared to use it. Now, Tale this thread to Cuba!

Ladies and Gentlemen, it pleases me to announce the nominees for Category Ten: Best thread Hijack / Hijacker

Lalo
Fallow / Flish

Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Sturgeon!!!

*dives*

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

- posted      Profile for Scythrop   Email Scythrop         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Leo.

May I have the envelope, please?

*Retrieves envelope from inside Diver's helmet*

and the winner, is...

LALO!!!

Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*where's that afterparty?*

roe is me!

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

Lalo couldn't be here to accept this award personally, but he has asked me to say that the major problem facing the world at the moment is Bush, and that the sooner people wake up to the problems with this administration, the more likely we are to be able to actually....

*Music swells and cuts off speech*

This brings us to the end of the first part of the ceremony, and to the beginning of the BOB SCOPATZ SPECIAL AWARDS FOR ACHIEVEMENT.

The first category in these awards is the Best Return from Absence, award, and as there is only One nominee, it gives me great pleasure to give the award to everyone Favourite diving seal,

FALLOW!

Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wiggin
Member # 5020

- posted      Profile for The Wiggin           Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go that was a close one I didn't think you would get it!!
[The Wave]

Posts: 397 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
*showers fallow, stage and audience with anchovies*

Woo-hoo!

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

scy,

orp!

danke-orp!

fallow

The Wiggin
Member # 5020

*starts jumping around and freaking out trying to get the dead fishys off*
Posts: 397 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*snarfle narf narf*
Scythrop
Member # 5731

*Sweeping anchovies off podium*

Well done, Fallow. Well done indeed...

Now...

Love them or not, [Wink] it looks like the smiley is here to stay, [Smile] and so here are the nominees for the award for “Best Use of Graemlins” [Wink]

[Wave]

Hobbes.
Rivka.
Imogen.

imogen
Member # 5485

You know, something makes me think that this may be the middle of the night for most hatrackers.

Either that, or they all took the wrong turn off the interstate. I hear it happens.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wiggin
Member # 5020

*throws a dead fishy in imogens face*

did you have to do that?

fallow
Member # 6268

orp?!

*signs* regular crust next time (flips imaginary pizza dough in air)

[Smile]

Scythrop
Member # 5731

We apologies for that break in programming. And despite what they're saying on AIM the organisers of the Racademy Awards (tm) deny all responsibilty for breaking Hatrack.

Now...

the winner of the OSCar for "Best use of Graemlins" is...

*opens envelope*

HOBBES [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Weird, I thought Ralphie was nominated for that one too.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
::applauds:: [Big Grin]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

Okay, and now to one of the most hotly contested and also highest polling Categories in the whole competition, that being category Fourteen: Hatrack Hottie. And before we go any further with this one, I’d just like to congratulate all the nominees and say that in my opinion the real winner in this category is Hatrack…

That said, the nominees are…

Ralphie
Raia
Tonguetied and Twisted
Mrs M.

Valentine014
Member # 5981

*grips her chair in anticipation*
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

Well, Toni's had this one tied up for years!

She has it hands down! [Big Grin]

Woo Ralphie!

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

And...

*opens envelope*

WHO'D HAVE BELEIVED IT -

Tonguetied and Twisted TAKES OUT HER SECOND CATEGORY FOR THE EVENING!!!!!

*Cue New Zealand National Anthem*

Valentine014
Member # 5981

*stands in ovation and cheers wildly*
tt&t
Member # 5600

Good Golly Gosh!

*is astounded*

[Blushing] [Blushing] [Blushing]

*hugs Zotto!*

*speechless*

Scythrop
Member # 5731

Camera Cuts to TT&T who looks totally unbelieving...

Makes her stunned way to the podium

Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
*cheers* [Big Grin]
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

Living as we do in a global community, it’s important to acknowledge all members of our world wide family. These are the nominees for Category Fifteen, Best Accent.

Belle
Anna
Irami
Mrs.M
Troubador

Scythrop
Member # 5731

And the winner is....

ANNA!!!!

(yay!)

*Accepts this award on her behalf, given that it's the middle of the night in France, and I suspect she might be on her honeymoon about now, anyway*

And so now, we get to that part of the evening where it's down to the final awards, and the programme's running overtime, and most people have tuned out, and everyone just wants to get to the after party. So in the interests of speeding things along a little, I'm going to post the final three awards in one post, please standby....

[ May 16, 2004, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: Scythrop ]

Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Makes total sense. In awe of Kylie's beauty, I'd just like to say Bush is a corrupt warmongering bastard whose policies have led to nothing but economic collapse, social decline, foreign chaos and antagonism, and the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent people for the sake of securing both oil and large bloated taxpayer-bought contracts for his masters.

Kylie really is beautiful.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

In Category Sixteen we have the nominees for Best Waste of Time. One of the important things about living in a technological age is having the opportunity to waste your employer’s time and resources playing on the internet. No longer need we be content with solitaire, either, as the nominees in our next category prove…

The nominees for Best Waste of Time

Advice for Robots -The Penguin Game
Fiazko - The Helicopter Game
Da_Goat - Defend your Castle

And the winner is…

*Opens envelope*

ALL OF THEM!!! THAT’S RIGHT IT’S A THREE WAY TIE

*wipes flecks of spit off Microphone…

Scythrop
Member # 5731

No Forum would be complete without its Resident Experts – those people who can always be counted on to share their particular expertise freely and with the greatest of care. The nominees for “Resident Expert” are

Jon Boy Grammar
Claudia Therese Medicine
A shared nomination for BanaOJ and ak Engineering
Zevlag Information Technology
Mrs. M. Fashion

And the winner
is

JON BOY!!! For his expertise in the field of Grammar!

[The Wave]

And given that it’s also the middle of the night in the US, I’m pleased to accept this award on Jon Boy’s Behalf..

and finally THE HUGH JACKMAN AWARD FOR MOST ADORING EXPRESSION OF HOW GREAT YOU THINK A PARTICULAR PERSON / PERSONS / FICTIONAL CHARACTER / GENRE OF CHARACTERS (SUCH AS PIRATES) ARE.

I don’t think this category needs any further explanation, and so I’m pleased to award it to the only nominee…

DKW!

[The Wave]

SO there you are folks, that's it. All the awards done, and with only a minimum of fuss and tears. Congratulations and Thanks to all who nominated, were nominated, weren't nominated, voted, contributed to the broadcast or ignored the thread completely. I salute you all.

If anyone else wants to run these things next year, please feel free...

Cheers and beers
tony
[Big Grin]

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] You missed one...
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

I'd like to extend a very special thanks to our host! You did a great job, Tony!
Scythrop
Member # 5731

Which one? (That I missed, that is)

[ May 16, 2004, 05:18 AM: Message edited by: Scythrop ]

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
The Landmark one.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

::applauds everyone:: [Big Grin]

::applauds Tony:: [Big Grin]

::applauds in general:: [Razz]

And, er, thank you, Eddie. [Blushing]

imogen
Member # 5485

I think the decision was that landmarks are both of too high quality and often too personal to pick between.

So all landmarks get their own little OSCar.

Of course, I think all landmarks that got half written but then never posted should also get an OSCar... [Big Grin]

The Wiggin
Member # 5020

Congrats to all [The Wave]

good luck to all for next year [Hat] (there will be a next year right?)

cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
*rant* "Why did no-one tell me there was a limit to the number of emoticons you can use in one post? [Angst]

It took me ages to prepare this thread and then it went and disappeared and now I’m going to have to try and remember it all" [Mad]

Oh no! I slept through all the fish and fruit [Sleep]

although that could be a good thing [Wink]

well congrats to all the winners [The Wave]

and [Taunt] to all the losers

I think all those who didn’t get nominated should be awarded a little OSCar too [Wave]

by the way I reckon The Ravens were robbed (can you adopt me please) [Group Hug]

EDITED: used an emoticon that I needed in the next thread and I'm not using one twice so had to substitute (can't use anymore emoticons in this thread so I thought I'd use this)

[ May 16, 2004, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: cochick ]

Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

although the Mooses are wonderful too (especially mini and super station who I hope haven’t inherited there Dads gift for sarcasm) [Big Grin]

oh and well done and much applause to scythrop and fallow for a job well done [Kiss] (each)

oh and the awards fallow [Hat]

so now its off to the party

[Party]

where I hope to get the numbers for as many good looking male hatrackers as possible [Blushing]

(please note that some of us are already working on next years nominations for best use of emoticons [Evil]

seen as I won’t fit any of the newbie categories by then [Roll Eyes]

oh and the award for best ass kisser too) [Hail]

EDIT: I spelt sycthrop wrong - sorry - oops

[ May 16, 2004, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: cochick ]

Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

*calmed down but still sulky*– "That’s longer than the first post but that serves you right for making it disappear" [Wall Bash]

and I enjoyed all the outfits too [Smile]

except the one fallow had on when he removed the diving suit [Eek!]

and then rolled on me [Embarrassed]

I think Mrs M. deserves a special round of applause for all her hard work and talent [Cool]

plus having it that that time of night meant the speeches were nice and short too [Monkeys]

oh and be warned if I don't get nominated for something next year I'm gonna threaten to leave [No No]

now there's only 7 more of these suckers to use so I can do it with one mor thread [Laugh]

cochick
Member # 6167

so you're getting sick of me now are you! [Evil Laugh]

bet you wished you'd nominated me for something now don't you [Frown]

even if it was only most annoying jatraquero [Razz]

I do try and argue stuff out but I either get ignored [Confused]

or it seems to kill the thread until I've gone away [Dont Know]

you know I'm beginning to get an inferiority complex [Cry]

like you all run away when you see me posting and gather together on some aim chat until I've gone away and are laughing at me behind my back [ROFL]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say, this was a fun read -- you all did a great job on the awards ceremony.

LOL.

I'm sorry I couldn't participate in the actual thing, but it was really funny reading it.

[ROFL]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool] [Blushing] [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

Don't even thing about it Hobbes - there's no beating me next year [No No]

Oh and Bob you have to post a belated acceptance speech!

[ May 16, 2004, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: cochick ]

fallow
Member # 6268

*rouses self from gluttonous anchovie stupor*

*surveys the nightmarish fish and fruit splattered theater*

Lordy! I wonder if the management will even allow us to rent the place next year.

The Wiggin
Member # 5020

Mabey we need an outdoors ceromony next year.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I would first like to congradulate all of the winners.

**does most sincere fake smile possible for camera.**

Especially to the Mooses. I can--not think of a more deserving family to win this honor.

***grumble grumble, rigged, grumble rackademy politics. Grumble grumble***

Further I wish to thank all the little people who put this together. ***grumble grumble--on the take. grumble grumble***. They did a remarkable job.

And for those of you who actually voted for us, my deepest thanks as well. *** suckers.***

Finally, I look forward to next years awards. Now, where's the booze. **grumble grumble sour grapes, stick their trophy up ... grumble grumble.**

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats all! [Hail] [Kiss]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
WHO'D HAVE BELEIVED IT -

Tonguetied and Twisted TAKES OUT HER SECOND CATEGORY FOR THE EVENING!!!!

Oh, WHO called that one???? [Wink]

Um, I believe I... yeah, I definitely think it was me! [Kiss] Congrats, Kylie! [Big Grin]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I won! Oh my gosh! I don't know what to say. I'd like to thank all the people who made this possible: my lovely wife Ruth, my mom and dad, my friends, my first-grade teacher, my professors in college, and, of course, all the people of Hatrack.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.