FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I take offense -- another game???? (Page 13)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: I take offense -- another game????
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka, I feel your post is HIGHLY insensitive to the feelings of those who were born without an imagination.

These people have suffered so much already.

[Cry]

(Hi rivka!)

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man Xavier, what do you know about people suffering especially since you are one of those you are talking about?
Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I find the logic of Xavier not nowing about something when he is a member of the group that he's not supposed to know anything about, highly offensive.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
And I find it highly offensive that you deliberately misread my post, because I was clearly stating that Xavier didn't know anything about the group he DOES belong to, so please do read more carefully. Starting a thread like this doesn't mean you can pop in once in a while and just going 'Offensive! Offensive!' just like that.
Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
It is so offensive that you just gave Bob the verbal spanking that he deserves for his last post here, as I wanted to be the one to do it.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I am offended that you feel you somehow have more right to be offended at Bob than ginette does, Elizabeth.

(Hey, Xav! [Big Grin] Good to see you popping in. [Smile] )

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

How astonishingly rude to use the term "popping in" as you pop in a note to Xav!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wussy Actor
Member # 5937

- posted      Profile for Wussy Actor   Email Wussy Actor         Edit/Delete Post 
"Astonishingly rude"? Who do you think you are, Mary Poppins? Talk like a real person.
Posts: 288 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I am deeply hurt that you choose to post to Bob's game thread while ignoring mine.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Not to speak for Bob, but as a person who posts here a every so often, I am deeply offended, Rabbit, that you think this is a GAME. The title does not say "I take offense-another game." It is not a statement, it is a rhetorical question: "I take offense--another game???? The four question marks beg the answer "Certainly NOT another game." I thought you,of all people, would pick that up.

[ November 10, 2004, 05:45 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Why did you edit your message Elizabeth? HUH? Do you think you are so good that you have edit your posts so that the average hatracker will understand them?

I am offended.

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Listen, I usually have to edit because I continually leave out the first "e" in "offended." I do not know why, but it offends me that you rminded me of it!
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that you think I should listen to what you say! Ms. arrogant elizabeth [Taunt]
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended that you did not even mention that I had left the "e" out of "reminded" in my last, edited post.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

The third page! This thread made it to the third page?? I am outraged.
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm disgusted that you saw fit to resurrect the darned thing.
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm horrified that you would use the term "resurrect" when this was merely a resusitation, at best.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm miffed that you would quibble over such a small detail.
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am horrified that you did not point out Bob's lack of "c" in the word resuscitate!!!!!
digging_holes
Member # 6237

I'm peeved that you would miquote Bob in that manner, since he clearly used the word "resusitation [sic]", not "resuscitate".
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, it peeves you does it? And yet, you do not even add the "s" in "misquote?" And do not mention that "resuscitation" should ALSO have a "C?" I am so offended by the state of a world that has such disrespect for the "s" sound!!

edited to put an "e" in "disrespect, and offended that this letter-dropping seems to be contagious.

[ November 13, 2004, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
You saying I'm contagious? HOW DARE YOU! THAT'S SO RUDE!!!
Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Oh sure! Shout in our faces when you're contagious. Ugh!
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Im rather stricken at your blatant braggadociousness bob. Member 1227 posting at 1:22 pm, who do you think you are?!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Can;t you even give Bob the respect of capitalizing his name? it is a proper noun, after all. Do they not teach this in school anymore?
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Oh yeah, why don't you try to get you're punctuation right Ms "Can;t"?

And didn't you learn to capitalize after a question mark?

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

How offensively easy it would be to edit my post, leaving yours moot.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am completely offended that the King of Editing and Deleting Posts in Fluff Threads in Order to Drive People Mad is complaining about MY editing threats!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

What in God's name are you talking about woman? And how come you are complaining about your own post?
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Why? Why? Why? WHY?

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I am offended by your unnecessary over-emphasis. Tell me, was the combination of bold, italics, and all-caps really necessary?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I am offended by people's continuing need to correct other people's posting styles. Really now, folks - lighten up!

[ November 14, 2004, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

No, I deserved the attack, and you're a horrible person for trying to defend me. Please stop it! Look, now you've made me angry!

HMPH!

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

I am deeply offended by your assertion of deserving the attack. STOP PLAYING THE VICTIM!
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*wince* Must we yell?
Phanto
Member # 5897

YES! WE'LL YELL IF WE WANT TO! GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Sheesh! Inside voice!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, please! How offensive to be talked to as a preschool child!
rivka
Member # 4859

If one does not wish to be spoken to in that manner . . .

[ November 14, 2004, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, great, now we are IMPLYING things about each other by using ellipses? How offensively collegiate.
Shan
Member # 4550

It's only collegiate if you have an education - I think it's about time folks stopped pretending to have some around here. I am soooo offended by the attempts at smarts . . .

*huffs off*

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Im rather nettled at the various uses of punctuation in that post, Shan. Dashes, apostrophes, ellipses, what do you think we are? Literary geniuses?
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

I'm truly vexed that no one takes offense to my posts. [Cry]
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Vexed? A bit melodramatic isn't it? I'd say mildly peeved at worst.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am highly offended that this thread was let go while I was away.
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Eminem lyrics:

quote:
You find me offensive? I find you offensive
For finding me offensive
Hence if I should draw a line on any fences
If so to what extense if
Any, should I go? 'Cause it's getting expensive
Being on the other side of the courtroom on the defensive

It sounds better than it reads, but for what it's worth.
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

It is offensive that you used another person's defense against his offensiveness in this thread, which is clearly "I take offense," meaning that you, the poster, are supposed to be offended.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
O sure, tell us how we're supposed to feel now.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't fight my battles for me.
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Don't tell me what to do.
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.