FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Conquer the Galaxy with me! (strategy game) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Conquer the Galaxy with me! (strategy game)
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I just let Jaime in.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. We're ranked 704! But it says we only have 1 member...
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I can build satellites and light fighters. I haven't actually built either yet, but will probably have a satellite sometime tonight.

Metal 8
Crystal 6
Deuterium 5
Solar 9/10(under construction)
Robot Factory 2
Shipyard 1
Research lab 1

My high metal production right now is aimed at building missle defense bases. Before I start raiding anyone else I want my own planet brimming with missles.

--Enigmatic

Edit: and I have 19 points.

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

If you haven't noticed I transferred Founder status to you, Enigmatic.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
Solar Satalites, cool.

Whats everbodys hardest resouce, I meant the one that your always having to wait an hour or more for it to build up enough so you can build some more?

My is crystal at the moment but I see deut. becoming a problem in the near future.

Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

My next project is going to be level 2 robots, but I'm not sure what I should research next. Are combustion or impulse engines more useful? I want to start building up my army, what's the best move to make next?
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

You can check out what everything needs to be built in the technology tab.
MEC
Member # 2968

I just upgraded Quara's status as jatraquero.

So, who is this Quara?

nm, found her post.

Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
I just applied for hatrack as well....
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

Just let Wowbagger in.
MEC
Member # 2968

Crap, I just unknowingly spent a ton of duet. looking at the galaxy.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I applied.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Yeah, I did that the morning after I built a deut synth, wasted about half of the night's harvest.

Jaime, I'd go for combustion engines first, because the ships you can build with them are going to be cheaper to build than impulse-drive ships. That will be more useful early on than having the research for ships you can't build yet. (just my $0.02, tho)

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

Are you sure?

edit: to shig.

Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
I had no idea it cost money to look at the galaxy..thanx for the info.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I did get to see that I have some nieghbors though.
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it more important to build a resesarch lab first or a robotics factory?
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll give it another try.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I built robots first, there is nothing I can really research yet, and the speed boost helps me build multiple buildings in one sitting.
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
I made request to join.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I just let in Shigosei, sarcasticmuppet, and Peter Wiggin.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I just applied. Thanks for the heads-up on galaxy-looking. I'm *so* close to getting my own fleet. [Smile]

edit: sweet, MEC!

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

I was given advice to build up my economy before doing stuff so I'm think lvl 10 of everything before exploring the universe.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

Yup you can rename your planets
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Really? *looks*

Wow. I just changed my planet's name to Ariel.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I just renamed mine "Ragol".
MEC
Member # 2968

I just relized, I think my planet is the farthest away from anyone else in the clan.
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

lol
MEC
Member # 2968

I'm all alone... [Cry]
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

muahaahahahha
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

[Frown]
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I applied for the Hatrack alliance, too.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

Can fighters be used to protect yourself from raids? If I built a couple light fighters, would it help me ward off raiders?
MEC
Member # 2968

I just let you in.
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes and no.

Yes, it would help keep people from taking all your stuff as easy and maybe keep them from attacking in the first place.

No, some people just like to fight, so it may draw people in to attack you.

EDIT: to MEC
Your not too far from Shigosei and me.

Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

Yeah, and Vadon is even closer, but everyone else's closest person is closer than my closest person.

Oh, and with recyclers, people can get resources from fleets they decimate.

Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

Or from were their fleets were decimated.
MEC
Member # 2968

yeah, but I'm pretty sure that the resources gained from a destroyed ship is less than what it took to build it in the first place.
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

I read it was about a third of what it takes to build it but still some of the bigger battles will have enough for a small fleet.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

You know, my time at work today was supposed to give me a nice chunk of time to build up resources without constantly watching the game. But there's so little work in queue today that I keep checking on my planet anyway!

On deterrent defenses: If you can build light fighters you can also build missle bases. They're on the "defense" tab. They provide the basic defense for your planet without adding to the temptation to attack it. There's no debris field for ground-based defenses. If they're destroyed you there's a 70% chance of them being repaired after the fight, meaning you'd still have some defense left even if you lost. They're also a little cheaper than fighters, since they don't require any crystal to build.

--Enigmatic

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

On Solar Satellites:
I've built one in my universe-3 game. Their effectiveness varies based on how far from the sun your planet is. That planet was 10th from the sun and 1 satellite only gives 23 energy. Admittingly it's 23 energy that I don't have to take up a slot on the surface for, but not really worth the build cost at this point. Also, I'd recommend getting some defenses up before building satellites, because I've read that they may attract raiders who need crystal. Satellites don't have any defense of their own, so would be easy targets.

Just a few thoughts for any jatraqueroes looking to get off their rock.

--Enigmatic

Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
Figured I'd give it a try.

Name: Serenity
Planet: Treason

I came back to say this might not be my type of game. It already looks boring to me, but I'll keep trying.

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

I just built/building my first missile launcher. And now I'm just letting my resouces come back so I can level up my deuterium synthesizer.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

I think the Alliance page would benefit greatly from a message board. >.<
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Due to an attack against me I've been working on my defenses. (I lost a lot of stuff too, would have been able to make a colony ship this morning too, now I'm set back to probably tomorrow evening.)

So, I'm going to have 5 missile launchers in about half an hour.

Oh, and for the Alliance I'm in, the forum is http://uipc.proboards38.com/index.cgi you can give requests here. ^_^

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

The scores just updated recently, and we are now the 490th-ranked alliance. I have 30 points.

I've decided to postpone fleet-building until I boost up my production a little more. Going to upgrade mines as much as possible today and then use the overnight pile of resources to build defenses and maybe a small fleet. Not sure if I'd actually do any raiding until I can get an espionage ship though, so I know what I'm getting myself into.

--Enigmatic

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Name: Teshi
Planet: Eterrnavis
Position: (censored [Wink] )

EDIT: Why do I have a feeling this is going to suck my productivity down to zero?

[ May 31, 2005, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

The guide suggests sending a cargo ship with resouces to and unpopulated planet to "spy" but give if low fuel so it takes more time, so that way you don't have +10k of each resouce on the planet for them to see.
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh right, points points... Um...

I have 178 points.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

I only have 13. I wonder what I'm doing wrong. Probably spending my resources too soon. All well, I'm just impatient.
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.