FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Conquer the Galaxy with me! (strategy game) (Page 8)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Conquer the Galaxy with me! (strategy game)
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
But being farther from the sun means more deut.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
oh, good to know. I have no defense right now except for the fact that I am using resources as fast as I get them which should make me unattractive. I guess I will stick to upgrading my solar plant. It is just getting to be so costly
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
Well you can build a fusion plant with level 5 synth and a level 3 energy tech research.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Vasslia brought up a good point in the other forum. We should delte our coordinates on this thread since it is not a good idea to allow non-members to know our coordinates.
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

I just edited mine off of here.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Our coordinates are posted in the Jatraqueros alliance member list, so anyone who needs to know can find out there. I've tried looking at other alliances, but can't view their member list, so we should be okay looking at our member information there.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
If you have problems loading the page in firefox, it is because you have adblocker enabled, probably.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inspired
Member # 8130

- posted      Profile for Inspired   Email Inspired         Edit/Delete Post 
Does Robotic Factory drain a lot of energy?
Posts: 34 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Here are my stats..

Metal Mines-2
Crystal mine-1
Deut-1
Solar-4

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

quote:
Originally posted by Inspired:
Does Robotic Factory drain a lot of energy?

I don't think they consume any energy. [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I've deleted my coordinates. Thanks for the suggestion that we do so--very good idea. Is there any way to get a feel for how big an alliance is if you aren't a member of it? A couple of the other inhabitants of my solar systems are in alliances, although not with each other happily enough. There are also some that aren't allied at the moment.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, robotic factory requires no energy, it just takes a lot of resources to build. I built mine around the time I built the level 5 mine, and it dropped my construction time by half. HOWEVER, as other people have pointed out...TIME is not the restricitive quantity here...RESOURCES are.
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine's a busy star system. I just wasted some deuterium to see what my neighbors were up to. I have 4 strong neighbors (red), 1 weak neighbor (green), and 2 equal (white) in strength to me. Two of the planets are shared by members of the same alliance. POTDC, they're called. Cross colonization is a reality.
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

quote:
Is there any way to get a feel for how big an alliance is if you aren't a member of it?
I click on the "statistics" tab and look up the alliance rankings. All the alliances are listed there with the amount of points and members they have.
Noemon
Member # 1115

So when people get to a point of being able to colonize other worlds, do they typically settle those in their star system first, and then branch out from there, the way it would work in real life, or do they just head out and immediately settle another star system? Are there defensive advantages to having multiple worlds in the same star system?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
EDIT: Beren already said this! Bah!

[ May 31, 2005, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

The defensive advantages question is a good one. I am also wondering about it Noemon. [Smile]

If someone attacks one of your colonies, would you bother sending a fleet to to defend it? Or will you send a fleet to the attacker's planet to exact revenge?

By the time your extra fleet gets there, wouldn't the battle be over before you get there even if the distance is really short?

It seems that if you fleet save your ships and never have a bunch of unused resources lying around, no one will ever attack you (unless they really hate you or we are at war with someone).

Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
In my system everyone is weaker then me but one person has some sort of fleet. As such I've upgraded my defenses, I now have 1 light fighter, 3 missile launchers, and pretty soon 1 or two small lasers.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
I've just begun.

Astaril of the planet Astatastica.

[ May 31, 2005, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Astaril ]

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Stryker, did you spell your name differently in the game on purpose? [Smile]
Noemon
Member # 1115

Astaril, it's probably a good idea to delete your coordinates from this thread. Once you join the Hatrack alliance (assuming that you want to, of course) we'll be able to see your coordinates in-game, but by posting them here you make it possible for players outside our alliance to find your homeworld.

That said, welcome to the game!

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Welcome Astaril! [Wave]

Since we're putting scouting reports with sensitive information* on the other forum, I made that forum private to protect our interests.

If you already signed up you already have permission to view the forum. If you haven't signed up yet, register an account at the forum and post your account name here. I will grant you access asap. [Smile]

Sensitive Information = Our coordinates (ahem Astaril [Smile] ), solar system stats, fleet movements, and our sudden but inevitable betrayal of all other alliances! (j/k, Vadon don't hurt us!)

Noemon
Member # 1115

There are a *lot* of coordinates floating around in this thread, by the way. I must have scrolled by a dozen of them while looking for the post that contained my own coordinates.

There is no way my work's firewall is going to let me go to a site that has "poker" in the url, so I'll only be able to access the forum from home. Of course, the firewall also won't let me access a site with "game" in the URL, so I can't actually play the game from work either.

At least I should have lots of resources saved up when I get home (assuming that some attacker didn't overcome my defenses and steal all my stuff, of course).

You know, this thread is threatening to drag me back into Hatrack. I'd sworn that I was just going to post in here, but I've been lurking, and there have been several times when I've had to almost physically restrain myself from posting.

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

quote:
You know, this thread is threatening to drag me back into Hatrack.
We can all stop pretending to play this game guys. Mission accomplished! [Smile]
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I need access to the _other_ forum. My username is Bokonon (of course).

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
We can all stop pretending to play this game guys. Mission accomplished! [Smile]
[Big Grin]
Astaril
Member # 7440

Operation Delete Coordinates From Thread accomplished. Thanks guys! I'll join the alliance soon. I need to figure out what I'm doing first...
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

You're good to go Bok. [Smile]
Astaril
Member # 7440

I also just registered at the other forum, as Astaril. Now, I really need to go off and do real life work today. Sigh. Too many addicting computer games, so little time...
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

You're good to go Astaril. [Smile]
Kwea
Member # 2199

My user name will be Kwea there, I will register today.
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Cool Kwea. I need you to remind me again when you do though. I can't grant permissions to peple who are not already registered. [Wink]
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I made all the people you made forum mods into "Neat jatraquero". They can now accept applications into the clan.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

So are "Neat Jatraqueros" undiluted?
Kwea
Member # 2199

Doing it right now, check in about 5 min then....

Kwea

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Kwea, done!

Noemon, we're shaken, not stirred. [Wink]

quote:
I made all the people you made forum mods into "Neat jatraquero". They can now accept applications into the clan.
Hmmmm.... I hope I didn't offend anybody by picking certain people to be mods. I just picked the first eight people who joined the forum to be mods.

I didn't make the people who joined after the first eight because I thought that might create total chaos to have so many mods. [Smile]

Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel sad, I registered on the poker forum but I can't enter the Hatrack sub forum [Frown]
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Sid You're in. [Smile] Can I bribe you with a special forum title as to make you... um... less sad?
Kwea
Member # 2199

you have to post here that you want in, Sid...

But don't you belong to another alliance?

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

I think Sid is Peter Wiggin, a member of our alliance. (Or perhaps the hegemon of our alliance, how's that for a title?)
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Can someone tell me why the forum keeps telling me the confirmation code I entered was incorrect?

I'm Panthers325 by the way.

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't think why, except maybe that it's case sensitive--did you use proper caps?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried using with and without caps. With and without AOL. I'm out of ideas.

Edit: Damn internet explorer to the ends of the earth, it worked with firefox. [Grumble]

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

I'm sorry about that NFL, I don't know why the confirmation code is wonky. I think MEC had the same problem.

Have you tried refreshing the registration page while holding down the "shift" button? Usually that clears the bad mojo and your next attempt will be successful.

If you like, I can create your account for you. Just let me know what name you want and I will create it and email it to your hatrack email address. [Smile]

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Bubblor demands acceptance into Tiny Man forum!
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
It worked after I entered about 20 codes correctly.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Bubblor is not yet an alliance member. Join us oh mighty Bubblor. [Wink]

Ouch MEC. You're way more patient thatn I would've been. [Smile]

theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
I have registered theresa51282 on the new forum. Deleting mny coordinates right now.
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

NFL, theresa, and Bubblor added.
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
Bubblor has joined the alliance.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.