FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Conquer the Galaxy with me! (strategy game) (Page 10)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Conquer the Galaxy with me! (strategy game)
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
here's the link: http://www.onlinepokercenter.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=26

Is Enigmatic able to do some sort of text message where it says "Welcome"? That would be a good place to stick that link (I keep looking in page 7 of this thread to find it).

edit: Beren, I sent you an email.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Shigosei, you need register as a forum user first. [Smile]

edited to add: Pictured uploaded here .

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King's Man
Member # 8147

- posted      Profile for King's Man   Email King's Man         Edit/Delete Post 
Can someone please allow me to get onto the special forum? Thankyou.
Posts: 36 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you register?
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King's Man
Member # 8147

- posted      Profile for King's Man   Email King's Man         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I did register.
Posts: 36 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Dana, I didn't even think of that at first...it actually took em a second to figure out why not....

I can see you explaining THAT to the church members..

"No really, I wasn't playing poker, really....I was the Empress of a wide flung galatic empire. Really!

Why aren't you bowing to me, anyway?"

[Wink]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Hi King's Man. Sorry to keep you waiting. [Frown]

Our alliance has grown much faster than we anticipated. As a result, we are having a tough time deciding how to structure our alliance.

Please be patient with us. We will get back to you as soon as we can. [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

King's Man, who are you? Are you KoM? Or new here?

//end suspicious mode//

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King's Man
Member # 8147

I am just a noob Kwea. I just joined today here and I started playing the game yesterday.
King's Man
Member # 8147

Thank's Beren. I'll try to be patient as I wait.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
What brought you to Hatrack King's Man? Tell us a bit about yourself.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King's Man
Member # 8147

Well, I am a fan of Mr. Card's Ender and Maker series' as well as sci-fi/fantasy in general. I have been surfing this site for a while now and finally decided to join up when I saw this thread. The people here (hatrack in general) seemed nice and not as mean as people on some of the forums I've visited. I don't usually post alot on forums unless I have a question or some observation. I generally read through posts and such during slow times at work. I work at night so they come fairly often but not always. I'll be glad to tell more about myself it you want to know. Is there an introduction forum here?
Noemon
Member # 1115

No, but people often post introduction threads for themselves. Whether a person does so or not is entirely up to them.

I'm officially in lurker mode around here at the moment. I used to be fairly active here, but for the last month or so I haven't been around much. This thread had brought me back, for the moment, and I've posted in a few others, but I plan to revert back to lurking as this thread dies down. We'll see if that happens.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Who else do you read, out of curiosity?
King's Man
Member # 8147

Well, I like Terry Goodkinds Sword of Truth series, The Lord of the Rings, Frank Herbert's Dune saga, Robin Hobbs books, Simon R. Green's Nightside series as well as his Blue Moon books, and the Belgeriad and Malloreon as well as The Redemption of Althalus by David and Leigh Eddings.
Liaison
Member # 6873

- posted      Profile for Liaison   Email Liaison         Edit/Delete Post 
I've registered for the forum with the same name. This is the first game like this I've played. Very intriguing.
Posts: 81 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King's Man
Member # 8147

Can anyone tell me why when I click the Galaxy button it uses up dueterium?
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea, but every time to click on it (and I think when you change solar systems) it costs 10 deut. It just does, I s'pose. [Smile]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King's Man
Member # 8147

Thank's. I didn't know it did that and I just wasted the little bit of deut I had saved up. Oh well.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I have regeristered using this name at the other forum. Let me know when I can get into the super secret universal conquering forum. Thank you.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sarcasticmuppet:
here's the link: http://www.onlinepokercenter.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=26

Is Enigmatic able to do some sort of text message where it says "Welcome"? That would be a good place to stick that link (I keep looking in page 7 of this thread to find it).

edit: Beren, I sent you an email.

Done.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inspired
Member # 8130

- posted      Profile for Inspired   Email Inspired         Edit/Delete Post 
I say we should have an invisionfree forum.
Posts: 34 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
The reason it uses dueterium is because it has to scan the area and it is powered by dueterium. I think I read that some where but if not it makes sense.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Sign me up for the super-secret Jatraquero forum, please?

Thanks.

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Mr. Funny & Dan_raven added.
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

quote:
I say we should have an invisionfree forum.
This might be a good idea. I didn't take into account that some people wouldn't be able to access my forum. [Smile]
Kwea
Member # 2199

Then Dana can become our fearless leader.... [Big Grin]

Yeah!

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Galactic Empress sounds like a cool title. [Wink]
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
Would Bob become Emperor?
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Emperor Consort? [Wink]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Dana, would http://jatraqueros.proboards37.com be a better option? We're considering a move to a separate forum space. [Smile]
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Member #2... YES! [Big Grin]
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

Number 3 [Big Grin]
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I haven't been participating much. I've been a bit busy last few days.

I'm not particularly concerned about people joining the alliance to spy. You can find out far more tactical information ingame with espionage probes than can be seen off the member list. I'd be a bit more worried about accepting someone who's just an idiot and they attack some big alliance who's fond of revenge.

In my universe 3 game I did my first raid today. Got over 1700 of each resource from it, no casualties. Of course, I attacked someone who had the "idle for 4 weeks" tag on their planet, so it's not like it was that hard! They had 1 missle launcher, I used 3 light fighters and 1 small cargo ship. You do want to have cargo ships on raids to carry the resources back. I'll probably be looking for a raid target in Universe 5 after I get off work tonight. I'll post combat results, if anyone wants to see them. Only rair people who aren't in alliances, and if you see someone with an "i" next to their name they've been idle for at least 2 weeks so have probably abandoned the game. Easy pickings!

--Enigmatic
(is proud to be the pointless figurehead of an alliance of people who are actually doing the organizing and forums and such)

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
There was some confusion over the availability of a forum at my site, so both sarmup and I made a forum indepndantly before realising! Anyway, the link below is to the one I created... if sarmups doesn't work we can consider using mine [Smile] .

The Other Forum

</shameless plug>

(It took me a while, okay? I'm proud!)

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm have the first post!
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
So...I'm playing, and I'm wondering, when is it you actually get a shipyard? I have a bunch of mines, I have a level two research station, I have construction robots...what am I missing?
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

You need level two robots to build the shipyard.
Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Robots are what you need, a level Robotic factory, in order to build a shipyard.

Also, if you ever have a question about the "path" and requirments needed for something like that again, just click on Technology and the screen that pops up will tell you somewhere on the list what you need to build/research for most things, if not everything.

Kwea

Liaison
Member # 6873

- posted      Profile for Liaison   Email Liaison         Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like there's like 4 forums going for this...is there any consensus to which one we should be using?
Posts: 81 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Teshi's is looking like the likely winner.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

I've kind of been waiting for some consensus on which forum before registering on any of them. Initially this thread was working fine, but as more people are playing and there's subtopics and such, a separate forum for the game would be good.

In other news, I have a small raiding fleet put together, but in the absence of any planets that I know are good targets I'm working on developing espionage probes.

--Enigmatic

Noemon
Member # 1115

I am able to access Teshi's forum from work, btw.
Kwea
Member # 2199

I just joined Teshi's forum too....
Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, I have everything running smoothly now, with only the occasional power hiccup when I build something new.

I will be upgrading my metal mines to level 8 next, my power grid can handle that...then I will probably focus on Deut...If I raise that high enough I suppose I could trade that for just about anything I need. I am the 10th planet out, so I should be far enough away from the sun to make it worth wile. [Big Grin]

I can start making cargo ships soon too, as soon as I upgrade my metal mines and get enough metal.

[ June 02, 2005, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Universe 6 just opened today. I think we need to consider starting over there. There are no stronger players there, adn by getting in on the first day, with an alliance of 32 people right away, we could rock it. [Big Grin]

Kwea

Noemon
Member # 1115

We'd need to unregister our accounts in universe 5 though, wouldn't we? Don't they have a 1 universe per player rule or something?
Member # 7476

No, You can have one character per universe....I've already started my planet in uni 6.
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

According to the rulebook:

"Every player is entitled for a single account at a time per OGame universe."

So it looks like Kwea's suggestion is perfectly ok.

Kwea
Member # 2199

Per uni, although I just messed up...twice...adn had to send them an email. I messed up typing my email, or something, creating the first world, but never got a password, so I created another. Then I got an email, and thinking it MUST be from the first account I emailed them, telling them what happened, and asking them to remove the second world.

The I open the email...and it is a password for teh Second world, not the first! [Big Grin]

So I send another email asking to keep world two. [Big Grin]

I figured that if I explained my ISP would be ok... [Big Grin]

Kwea

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.