FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack and World of Warcraft (Page 10)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Hatrack and World of Warcraft
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
I currently play a BE mage and a BE paladin on Ravenholdt. Also, if anyone had a high-level on Sisters of Elune, I could contribute the help of my long-unused 70 Orc Warrior.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm currently on hiatus. I'll be rejoining when the next expansion comes out, on Cenarion Circle.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still playing, amazingly enough. Still playing Alliance on Madoran, and I'm still an officer in a friendly and fairly casual guild, so if you're looking for a place to start up, look me up.

If I'm on, it'll likely be on Mikka, Hieko, or Skysong.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm actually curious about world of warcraft, how much does it cost per month? I'm not big on these games, but I have to admit that my curiosity is getting the better of me. What's it like? Is there a mission to complete? I have nothing to do tomorrow and I thought I might try it out. Do you have to buy the game in store and then pay a monthly subscription?
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
Ok....is anyone still playing WOW? I got in late, just joined playing with some guys I know at the Mall, and within 3 weeks (without help)I hit level 30 with my first mage, Morrible.

I am on Muradin, but would be willing to start a new alt on another server. I see a lot of server names listed here...whee are the main enclaves of currently active players from Hatrack?

I will be reactivating once my new computer comes. I still have 4 level 70s and some assorted other levels.

I'd probably be interested in starting a Shaman and leveling with folks who are interested. I would rather it be on Kel'Thuzad, but I'm flexible.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
There are a few of us on Horde Sen'Jin.

Send me a tell on Scrapple, Pernicia, TheSickness or Sakasha.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
I'm actually curious about world of warcraft, how much does it cost per month? I'm not big on these games, but I have to admit that my curiosity is getting the better of me. What's it like? Is there a mission to complete? I have nothing to do tomorrow and I thought I might try it out. Do you have to buy the game in store and then pay a monthly subscription?

When you buy the game, you get one month free (40 dollars for the game an expansion these days).

I believe I still have a "trial" code sitting around somewhere from the collector's edition, which gets you a trial of the game, and a week or play time (unless they've upped it). If you (or anyone) would like that, let me know and I'll dig it out. Fair warning, you're somewhat limited on the trial version, although if you get hooked you can upgrade to a normal one (they had to take out a few features being abused by spammers waaaaaay back when). It's an absurdly large DL, and there will be more than a few patches to get whether you buy it or trial it.

Monthly costs run from... what, $18 a month down to $15 a month, depending how long you subscribe for.

There really isn't an overarching mission to the game. It's a collection of quests (which you can do solo), and a collection of instances (which you do as a group) that tell a variety of stories if you actually pay attention to them. You level up and collect better gear as you go. The former stops at 70 for now (levels), and the latter you can make a full time, all-consuming job dedicated to getting better gear, and never finish.

My take on the game: If you're playing by yourself, it won't be worth it. There are games with better graphics, more cohesive storylines, and more balanced gameplay out there. If you're looking to play with friends, or just group with (and possibly kill) other random, and... well, real people, then it can be addicting as all hell. More so than Hatrack even. I've played off and on since it came out, playing with the same core of people for four years now, or meeting new ones everyday, and still love it.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
John and I have semiregular toons on Sen'Jin (horde). Mains are Sanjak and Isohyet.

We're looking forward to Wrath in fall/winter. Optimistically.

Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

OK, thanks for the info AW, I'll think about it and if I have some extra money. For now, I need to get Mario Kart on Wii. [Smile]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
T....you can get a package deal right now for about $34, including the Burning Crusade and two books. The it is about $15 a month for a subscription
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not playing World of Warcraft anymore. Only "Lord of the Rings Online". Lots of fun. :-)
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catseye1979
Member # 5560

- posted      Profile for Catseye1979   Email Catseye1979         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn....Looks like I'm the only one here on Shadowsong.
Posts: 147 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on Elune. A sakeite Megan is also on there too. I forget if Megan posts here too [Smile] . I've got 2 lvl 70s, one of which is a BT/Hyjal raider. Yay me. I've gone up and down in my playtime, depending on how busy real life has gotten.

Kyl, 4t6 feral druid but currently raiding as resto O.o

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm not playing World of Warcraft anymore. Only "Lord of the Rings Online". Lots of fun. :-)
Off and on. More off then on now that my family is back from Japan (they were there for 3 months). What server, profession, level are you?
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a Mininstrel and playing in Meneldor. (Name: Tobiassamett)
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My take on the game: If you're playing by yourself, it won't be worth it. There are games with better graphics, more cohesive storylines, and more balanced gameplay out there. If you're looking to play with friends, or just group with (and possibly kill) other random, and... well, real people, then it can be addicting as all hell. More so than Hatrack even. I've played off and on since it came out, playing with the same core of people for four years now, or meeting new ones everyday, and still love it.
That's basically my take on it as well. In fact, since you asked about opinions on the game, I'll give mine: don't bother getting it unless you expect to play it mostly with other people. Preferably people you actually know, be it from meatspace or HR or elsewhere.

It's a lot more fun that way-though to be fair I never gave playing it solo much of a shot. Otherwise, you probably shouldn't play it and risk getting sucked into the deliberately addictive repetitive grinding for the sake of itself that is the foundation of WoW solo play. I mean, I enjoyed the storyline (and I did pay attention to it), but for story I could just read a dang book!

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I have a guild for my main there, a bunch of nice guys, but the guild has been there for a long time. We have something like 22 level 70 characters there. I am now a level 32 mage, which is really good as I have been playing by myself for most of the time and have only been playing for 4 weeks. I also haven't put a ton of hours into like I did CoH when I first started playing.

While I like the solo adventures, the game really shine with co-op play, and I am looking forward to these higher levels. There are a number of people in my guild who are about my level, or at least close enough so that I can group with them.

I have several other alts as well, a low level hunter and a warlock. My main is Morrible....and I am on Muradin.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

I think I'll give it a try, though I have to bee Too Human first(almost there) [Smile]
Kwea
Member # 2199

I really like it, although I don't know how much I will be playing in the near future.
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to pick up wow find someone who is rolling an alt so you can use the 'recruit a friend' feature. It looks like it can cut down on leveling time quite a bit.

3x the experience gain when questing together and you get something that summons the friend to your location.

Here is an faq.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20588

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Yeah...my cousin just signed up, and he did it without telling me he was going though wiht it, so I missed out on it.

That sucked.

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

Sorry Kwea, no Zebra mount for you!

And, you know, Powerlevelling bliss would have been a nice side effect as well.

Kwea
Member # 2199

thanks for reminding me. [Frown]
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I may already be on this thread somewhere, too lazy to check.

Anyway, I have a level 70 shaman, 53 rogue, 43 priest.

I go off and on, freezing my account when I get bored, then reactivating when I feel like playing again.

I reactivated about a week ago, with ambitious goals of getting my priest to level 70 before WOTLK. The main reason I wanted a level 70 priest was so that he could take over healing duties from my Shaman.

My Shaman main is a healer, but more because I wanted an easy time finding groups then because it was my initial plan for the character. I'm a pretty decent healer, and have done lots of raiding, heroics, battlegrounds, and even arena as a heal spec. It's fun, especially being a battleground god, and having guild members fight over who gets into my heroic runs.

However, I leveled my big Orc Shaman to swing big axes at things, not to heal things. So for WotLK, it's enhancement or bust. If I can't find groups, oh well, I'll get the honor gear and do whatever solo stuff I can.

I thought by getting a priest to level 70, then speccing him holy, I'd be able to have both. Maybe I will still someday, but getting my priest all the way to 70, then spending more weeks/months getting him to 80, seems like a herculean task right now.

I wish I had the 3x experience thing going on, would be doable for sure if I did.

Edit: I'm all over this thread! Thought that was probably the case.

[ September 04, 2008, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Koj: How? I'm pretty durn fast but I can't go 0-60 that fast. What class was it? Did you have the 3x xp thing going?

Edit: I just checked the guild roster... you did it with A PRIEST???

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
Koj: How? I'm pretty durn fast but I can't go 0-60 that fast. What class was it? Did you have the 3x xp thing going?

Edit: I just checked the guild roster... you did it with A PRIEST???

Shadow Priests can burn through stuff pretty fast, especially with plenty of mana potions and drinks.

But in terms of speed I don't know anything that can outpace a hunter.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

A while back the priest/mage AOE leveling combo was one of the fastest ways to level. I think the basic strategy is to go somewhere with lots of green mobs. The two round a bunch of them up, and the mage casts AOE spells while the priest keeps him shielded / healed.

Haven't heard about that trick for a while, so not sure if anyone is still doing it.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Ya, that sure seems like cheating. (But it's not cheating if Bliz says it's ok I guess.) Still, it seems like it would suck the fun out of leveling.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Leveling is fun?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
Leveling is fun?

Yes, it is. At least if you level while doing something else....and leveling isn't the whole point.

I leveled VERY fast in CoH, so fast that I was the 13th player to level 40 (before they raised the limit to 50), and I had a blast. I was teaming up with guys who loved to play, and they kept the same weird hours I did so it was great.

Turns out they were all game designers, and they were being PAID to play so they could see what the competition had already done and improve upon it. [Smile]

I wasn't powerleveling, I was just having a blast.

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

quote:
Leveling is fun?

Different people like different things. The leveling is the fun part to me. I like the anticipation of getting my next power and such.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Leveling 1-58 isn't that great for me anymore either, I really only loved doing it on my hunter.

But I love 58-70, it never stops being fun for me.

I'm sure 70-80 come expansion will be a blast as well.

Xavier
Member # 405

I enjoy leveling when the quest progression is smooth. I got my priest from level 35-40 all in Dustwallow Marsh, and had a blast for those couple of days. They redesigned this zone recently, and it is a great zone in every way. I sometimes got 5-6 quests done in one chain, right after another.

Then I went to Tanaris and Feralas, did all of the quests they had for me at my level and got to from 40 to 43. Now I have very few quests that aren't red or green to me.

THAT is when leveling stops being fun. When I have to jump from zone to zone, scraping for any quest someone will give me. Resorting to grinding for XP.

I think that's why 58-70 is such a blast. You have more quests then you can shake a stick at. I got to 70 without doing most of the Blade's Edge or Shadowmoon Valley quests, since the other zones had ample questing for me to do.

They need to take a long look at the 40-58 leveling options, and do some more work like they did in Dustwallow.

[ September 06, 2008, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hinterlands and/or Searing Gorge might be where you should go next with a 43.

I do like the revamp of Dustwallow, although it was a gankfest when it first came out. Everyone ran there to check it out. Now it's not so bad. And I agree that they could more fully flesh out 40-58. I don't usually run out of places to level, though.

I have a blast leveling, particularly when I level with John. We have not finished having fun with building two-player teams, exploring builds that level well together vs. PVPing well together, and so forth. Some people DO enjoy leveling, Tom :-). As in have a grand time, fun, enjoy, look forward to, laugh, etc.

Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

quote:
Hinterlands and/or Searing Gorge might be where you should go next with a 43.
Doing a search on Thottbot, there are only a handful of horde quests that are less than level 47 (red for a 43) in either of those two zones. They do look like they may be worth heading to at 44 though.
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
I do wish they'd make more content for the 1-60 area. Yes they made more Dustwallow quests and that's great. But a little more here and there would make people more interested in leveling a new character to level it, not to have another 70. I have a 43 and a 51 that haven't moved more than couple levels in over a year.
Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

Thread necromancy! Seems fitting, what with Death Knights running rampant now.

So, Wrath of the Lich King is out, and the masses seem to have flocked back to the game. That probably means a few around Hatrack have as well. First Impressions:

The Death Knight introduction quest lines... They're almost painful to play. I'd imagine there are more than a few people who simply won't be able to stomach these quests. I think I know one of them. But, they are amazingly deep. And visceral. And frelling good story telling. I hope they take some lessons from setting this part of the expansion up, and encourage them in future games / expansions.

Crystalsong Forest is one of the most breathtakingly beautiful environments I've seen in a game. And from a game that's typically laughed at for it's graphics more than lauded, it just makes it that much more impressive. Pure, enjoyable, eye candy for me. A low quality screen shot, on account of being taken on my laptop, while being chased by more than a few creatures who didn't take kindly to my presence...

More to follow in the weeks to come I'm sure.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Leveling is fun?

this post seems ... familiar, somehow.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Selran
Member # 9918

- posted      Profile for Selran   Email Selran         Edit/Delete Post 
The DK intro quests are fun, and well written. But, until the end of the line you are an evil person doing evil stuff, and I'm not talking about the Diet Coke of evil here. On the plus side you're doing you evil stuff against the Crimson Crusade. I never liked them any way.
Posts: 212 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Ding!
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unicorn Feelings
Member # 11784

- posted      Profile for Unicorn Feelings   Email Unicorn Feelings         Edit/Delete Post 
Shhh. Haven't touched my 4 70's or even the AH since school started, stats test today, Faith Vs. Works paper due tuesday, stars and the universe test monday.

I am glad the expansion doesn't come out til Dec. 19th or i might be tempted.

I miss my main. [Frown]

Posts: 262 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Dalaran is astonishingly gorgeous--I mean, seriously stunning. I wandered around for an hour just looking at it.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

I'm there now... drooling over the Armored Snowy White Gryphon.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I'm still in Borean Tundra [Frown]

I'm 71 currently and I was wondering if the areas are like BC in that you level about twice before moving on?

Also I LOVED the DK quests. I remember reading about how they want to start having your environment be altered as you quest and thinking, "psh yeah right," I was happy to be wrong.

Kwea
Member # 2199

I have a level 44 mage, and a level 34 Lock, and they are fun. I am going to keep playing, but I hav tapered off a bit. It is fun, but I don't want to let it take over my life. [Big Grin] I took a week off so my cousin could catch up. [Big Grin]
blindsay
Member # 11787

- posted      Profile for blindsay   Email blindsay         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I wouldn't consider myself hardcore but I can see how people could think I was.

I have a mage on Frostwolf and spent the weekend leveling. I am now almost 79. There is a quest in Dragonblight that is absolutely epic, and even has a 5 minute "Cut Scene" video to go along with it.

I am currently leveling in Stormpeaks, and the place is amazing. I really do not recommend going there until 77, as there are many places you cannot reach until you have your flying mount. The quests there were based on Norse Mythology, and even features characters named Thordrim and Loken. It is awesome.

I am very pleased with this expansion, and hope the raiding portion of the game is as good as the leveling. I am really having a good time. With my help my brother was able to get the Realm First Achievement for Inscription.

Posts: 45 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

I've spread out my efforts in an effort to get the most of out my rest... and as such I have 4 level 71s now...

I'm kinda regretting that. I might just focus on one or two of my characters and get them, if not all the way to 80, at least to a reasonably high level before returning to the other two.

Also, I think I played way too much WoW in the weeks leading up to the expac because I'm not as excited as I should be about it. Now is the wrong time to be having another dose of burn-out.

eklrru
Member # 11650

- posted      Profile for eklrru           Edit/Delete Post 
I know it's easy to get wrapped up in everything new and shiny, but I can honestly say that this expansion is a lot more fun than Burning Crusade.

They've implemented a couple things that give them a lot more freedom to do some really cool stuff - notably, the vehicle system (which is actually fairly rarely used on actual vehicles) and the phasing environment system.

The former lets you take control of objects or NPCs in a way that they only goofed with a little bit in BC. For example, there's a quest in Shadowmoon Valley where you take control of the ghost of Teron Gorefiend. You take on his abilities and have to use them to fight, etc. Well, in WotLK, they've really expanded on this - you can't go five quests without taking control of something, whether it's hopping on a drake and harpooning to other drake riders in a fierce competition, or becoming a water elemental and wreaking havoc on a town, or controlling a ghoul that can leap from mountain to mountain, knocking down gargoyles.

The latter was done exceptionally well. One of the major problems (at least for me!) with MMORPGs is the inability for one player to change the environment he plays in. The nature of the game kind of says 'other people are playing, too, remember? So don't go burning cities down.' Well, Blizzard's solution to that problem (I think they called it 'phasing environment progression' or something like that) is graceful and it actually works. There are questlines in almost every zone of the expansion that change the world around you - from burning down cities to building outposts and marching in invasions - it's ... it's really awesome. You can go out, bomb some buildings, come back and watch your buddies expand to where those buildings once were, instead of just getting five gold and a pat on the back.

If you liked BC, even at all, give WotLK a chance, even if you got burned out and stopped playing BC like I did, halfway through raiding. They've made some fantastic improvements.

edited for a typo, a single dratted typo that I just could not let slide.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
Admit it eklrru, you are TomDavidson's secret alt.
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blindsay
Member # 11787

- posted      Profile for blindsay   Email blindsay         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by eklrru:
I know it's easy to get wrapped up in everything new and shiny, but I can honestly say that this expansion is a lot more fun than Burning Crusade.

They've implemented a couple things that give them a lot more freedom to do some really cool stuff - notably, the vehicle system (which is actually fairly rarely used on actual vehicles) and the phasing environment system.

The former lets you take control of objects or NPCs in a way that they only goofed with a little bit in BC. For example, there's a quest in Shadowmoon Valley where you take control of the ghost of Teron Gorefiend. You take on his abilities and have to use them to fight, etc. Well, in WotLK, they've really expanded on this - you can't go five quests without taking control of something, whether it's hopping on a drake and harpooning to other drake riders in a fierce competition, or becoming a water elemental and wreaking havoc on a town, or controlling a ghoul that can leap from mountain to mountain, knocking down gargoyles.

The latter was done exceptionally well. One of the major problems (at least for me!) with MMORPGs is the inability for one player to change the environment he plays in. The nature of the game kind of says 'other people are playing, too, remember? So don't go burning cities down.' Well, Blizzard's solution to that problem (I think they called it 'phasing environment progression' or something like that) is graceful and it actually works. There are questlines in almost every zone of the expansion that change the world around you - from burning down cities to building outposts and marching in invasions - it's ... it's really awesome. You can go out, bomb some buildings, come back and watch your buddies expand to where those buildings once were, instead of just getting five gold and a pat on the back.

If you liked BC, even at all, give WotLK a chance, even if you got burned out and stopped playing BC like I did, halfway through raiding. They've made some fantastic improvements.

edited for a typo, a single dratted typo that I just could not let slide.

My favorite "vehicle" quest had to be when I jumped on the back of a 50 foot tall giant and had to kill 100 undead and a 80 foot tall undead giant. I hit the ground and sent everything flying backwards.

Oh, hit 80 at 11:48 pm last night. Also got my flying magic carpet from tailoring. Going to start Naxxaramas this weekend!

Posts: 45 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.