FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack and World of Warcraft (Page 8)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Hatrack and World of Warcraft
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh yes Nelfs: The anti-veal.
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingCow:
Ah, you were a NE Hunter. Blegh. Night Elves are the worst of the alliance. They don't even make good hamburger - the meat is just stringy and tasteless. At least gnomes have good snack value, if nothing else.

Maybe if there WAS any meat on Gnome bones. For some reason our years as IMMORTALS made other animals evolve without developing a taste for the Night Elf. We can't help that it was only recently that we became mortal.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Pinafore was typical bread and butter Gilbert and Sutherland.
I can't tell if you were joking, but just in case you weren't...it's Gilbert and Sullivan.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Meh. NE bodies burn as good as anything else - can roast dwarf steak and gnome McNuggets over them. Then again, wisps aren't bad if served like cotton candy.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Megan:
quote:
Pinafore was typical bread and butter Gilbert and Sutherland.
I can't tell if you were joking, but just in case you weren't...it's Gilbert and Sullivan.
Wow. I am ashamed.
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
As well you should be. [Big Grin]

By the way, were you thinking Donald or Keifer when you wrote that? [Wink]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

Donald, especially the character he played in The Dirty Dozen.

Oh yeah and gnomes are best for punting and stomping. The really aren't very filling at all.

Everyone trashes night elves, but secretly they want our wisp form, fantastic flips and shadowmeld for those all so important aggro and gank free sammich breaks.

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I'd rather be able to devour the shattered remains of my enemies...or, sometimes, my allies than I would be able to have a faster way to recover from losing, and any kind of flipping at all.

[Razz] Teh suck that is the Night Elf is genetically engineered into them, after all. Clearly they lose and die more than other races, thus their faster ability to return to the site of their defeat [Wink]

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

Good point Rakeesh, they've evolved to recover more quickly after dying.

This is also possibly to counter the fact that characters named "Legolaas" and "Leggolas" and "Legoles" and "IamLegolas" and "LegolasRox" get ganked about fifty times more often than the average. The shadowmeld ability was probably added for the same reason - also so that the Alliance could more easily ignore that such fanboytastic players exist.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

Heheh. You guys are going to enjoy the expansion. The Blood Elf Hunters plague will make night elf hunters only a memory. Have you seen thier "spin jump"? Of course alliance has to put up with space pallies.

And remember that horde has a current infliction of thier own. The UD Rouge. (The misspell is intentional.)

FlyingCow
Member # 2150

NE rogues are far more annoying than UD rogues. You get stealth *and* shadowmeld and faster return to your dead body to vanish out of a gank situation.

UD get underwater breathing and limited resistance to sleep-like effects, and the ability to eat the dead for health (not the most useful in the world).

Plus, the UD aren't all trying to be Orlando Bloom or Liv Tyler.

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

eat the dead for health (not the most useful in the world

But possibly the coolest.

-- The Zombiest

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

Nice generalizations there.

WoTF?:
Activate to become immune to Fear, Sleep, and Charm effects. Can also be used while already afflicted by Fear or Sleep - lasts 5 sec - 2 min cooldown.

It's a very nice racial, and a touch less dependant on situation. NE has nothing available in combat.

UD rogues are more prolific than any other race/class combo other than Nelfhunter. And in all of my time leveling 2 hunters I've never been grief camped by anything other than UD rogues. There are certainly a great deal of immature players in the game and they tend to gravitate towards hunters and rogues. And neflhaters perhaps?

Additionally, there are two races to choose from when rolling a hunter alliance side. And elf the more attractive option. Nelf is also the only option for druids. Subsequently many people who roll Night Elf Hunters are slandered for merely selecting the best option before them.

Having played this game for a year I am quite ready for this inane debate to end and for people to shuddap and play.

FlyingCow
Member # 2150

WotF isn't nearly as useful as you think. And as a rogue, it doesn't really matter - if you're spotted well enough in advance to be charmed/feared/sleeped, you shouldn't be playing a rogue. And if the caster gets off any of those spells, the second or two it takes to use WotF (once per combat, because if combat's taking more thatn 2 minutes, there's a problem) is plenty of time for the caster to escape or get off another spell (and nothing stopping them from using another charm/sleep/fear effect in the meantime).

As for camping, it's NE rogues and hunters who do it the most against Horde side. They don't even have to stealth, just shadowmeld and wait.

See, your problem is just that you're playing on the wrong side. [Big Grin] Alliance was designed for the uberkewl fanboys who loves them their NEs and Pallies.

I played the game for a little over a year from its release date, and stopped. I'm glad I did - though I do miss my druid from time to time.

KarlEd
Member # 571

If anyone is considering selling silk or wool to a vendor (Or especially spider silk), please send it to Ragert instead. You can even C.O.D it for what the vendor would have paid you. (Of course, if you want to auction it, go for it. I'm just talking to those of you who would otherwise toss it at a vendor.)

Ragert will be able to make silk bags fairly soon, and he'll make guild members bags for free if you send him the materials.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget to charge Ragert shipping! [Wink]
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

While I'm playing money-grubbing undead capitalist, I'm also in the market for a couple of irridescent pearls. I really want to make myself a pair of Phoenix Pants. [Big Grin]
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
On the subject of professions, if anyone needs leather or herb supplies send a whisper to Reiplinger (or mail listing what you'd like if I'm not on at the moment). I generally have small stores of herbs from briarthorn to steelbloom, and all kinds of leather. I've been auctioniong them off, but I don't mind sharing now that I've got a decent cash base built up.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone still doing this? I kinda got sucked back onto my old server. (I logged in to check my mail and was greeted by hugs and flowers. I couldn't turn my back on that...)

Anyway, if anyone is still playing on The Venture Company, I need to know who to give Guild Leadership to...

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I feel bad for abandoning, and I might be back soon but I too have been sucked back onto my old server. I pretty much can only raid on Venture Company saturday mornings.

Its hard to raid every saturday morning, and lvl up between saturdays to the appropriate lvl.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't given up, but Macky (my PowerBook) is on the fritz, so I had to send it to Texas to get repaired. I may or may not be able to get back to Venture Co. when I get it back, what with school starting. I'll probably make a final decision when the repairs are done in two to three weeks.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

BB mentioned something in another thread about "reviving the guild"...

so I gotta ask... Did <Dragon Army> fade away? Are you guys still playing?

If <Dragon Army> is gone but anyone is still looking to play, I invite you over to Sen'Jin to play with my guild there. We're a mature guild (most of us are 25+) and we're working toward endgame stuff but we still have some lower levels, so if you'd rather start from scratch than transfer over that'd be fine too.

We are looking for more people and I can't think of a jatraquero I wouldn't love to have in my guild.

Anyway, send a tell to Pernicia or Scrapple (I'm usually on Scrapple these days) and I'll give you a guild invite. If I'm not on, just send a tell to Merlot and say you're "A friend of Pern's"

Pix

Megan
Member # 5290

I haven't been playing at all, on ANY server, lately. No freakin' time. Soon, though, I'll be ABD and able to play again.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Dragon Army is still going. Karl and I are both 58 and erosomniac is in the mid-50s. A few friends of eros an I are still play too. We also have 2 or 3 alts each at varying levels too.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

OH wow thats insane. I really am not sure what I to do nowadays. With my wow time mostly being spent on raiding end content its really hard to find time to jump on Venture Company. Maybe Ill transfer a high lvl alt onto the server. I've got a 47 Priest I could probably push into 60.

BC leaves alot of options on the table, with lvling being important again I can see myself forgoing raiding with my guild to do stuff with you guys.

Megan
Member # 5290

Wow...Karl is 58 already?! Impressive!
KarlEd
Member # 571

Hey everybody!! Are you guys still doing this?

I'm sorry about abandoning everyone. I was doing NaNoWriMo and promised myself no WoW until I wrote my quota for the day. It appears that it's harder to write 1667 words than I thought and I never got through before bedtime. [Frown]

I was going to log on today, but Chris's video card died yesterday and he's been so supportive this past month that I'm letting him use my computer for City of Heroes. (And I can't really play WoW on my Macbook.)

Anyway, check in if you're still playing. I'll be back on soon. Good news is I didn't miss the new WoW release since it appears to have been bumped to January.

I've been a terrible Guild leader, I know. [Frown]

Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
I know Jux and Infrared still play. I stopped temporarily when FFXII came out, and I just picked it up again, although I'm playing on another server at the moment (my extended family contacted me and they play on another server).

You haven't seen the last of me, though! [Big Grin]

Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, trying the 10 day free trial, I hope that you guys are playing on Venture Co, cause it was hard to follow what realm was decided on. In any case, let me know if thats the right server or not.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
WoW=biggest waste of time ever.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
JonHecht, I thought that was the whole point of it! [Evil]

I mean...beats checkers!

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
*waits impatiently for Blood Elves*
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Whew! Finally got my High Warlord's Street Sweeper last night. I can't believe they nerfed the honor gain. Well, it looks awesome, and it's good to have a purple weapon after all this time [Big Grin]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Stupid Honor nerf, now Ill never replace my brutality blade!

When TBC comes out I plan on lvling my hunter to 70 but I would be very interested in working a lvl 1 dranae mage as high up as I can get her. Wouldn't mind pegging her on The Venture Co either.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, characters name is Reticent on the Venture Co server.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone still doing this? John and I have started playing on Venture Co...
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

I'm still doing it, but I haven't played on Venture Company in ages. I'm on Sen'Jin.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I think we should try for a revival with the expansion release, since people will be rolling new chars anyway.

ATTENTION EVERYONE: If you are going to roll horde alts anyway, roll them on The Venture Co!

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

Yah, we were hoping that our timing was fairly good and that folks would be interested in playing with the expansion.

We're fairly noobish, I confess...

Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I logged on a few days ago to see if anybody was around but it was quite lonely [Frown]

I could possibly be persuaded to start a new alt come expansion, but I REALLY wanted to do a Dranae over a blood elf! The females are surprisingly hot!

Sharpie
Member # 482

Right now I have a hunter, Penstemon, and John has a druid, Mojarra, in the 19-21 level range.

(This is my 482nd post, and if it were an actual landmark, it would be surprisingly appropriate. I'm interested in everything, and I'm a geek. I got my WoW handle from my scrabble study list...)

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still into this as well, though I've been fairly absent since Thanksgiving from all servers. Expansion soon, so I'll be back in soon enough I suppose.

I'm still an officer of sorts for an Alliance Guild on Arthas, and Guildmaster of Salamander Army on Lightning's Blade (Horde Side, complete with a Bonzomadrid character, which isn't mine amazingly enough). If anyone has any characters on either server looking for a guild, let me know and I'll shoot you an invite. Or if you're interested in starting new characters, both guilds will have an influx of them come next week if you want to join in.

EDIT: As a joke I'll list the names you might find me logged in as (I've gathered many in 2+ years, none of which Firefox recognized as being spelled correctly): Stijl, Mikka, Strage, Hwi, Venloe, Rali, Tahn, Dosadi, Sten, Knecht, and Porcia. As trivia, all but the first and third are named after characters in books. Can anyone name those books?

[ January 11, 2007, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Architraz Warden ]

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Looking at some of you, I am seriously starting to think I am a loser. I had about seven level 60's on about 6 different accounts, now I am at 2 accounts and 2 60's.

The rest I sold to pay for my PS3 and for some of my wifes Christmas presents.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

Why so many accounts, out of curiosity?

I'm at 3 60's, 2 50's, a slew of 30's, and a 19 for PvP. Only one account though.

KarlEd
Member # 571

I really need to get back into this. I'm going to be insanely busy come May and probably won't have any RPG time for months after that.

Of course, now that I say that, there's no way I can even log on before Sunday. I'll see.

MightyCow
Member # 9253

I've got Burning Crusade arriving in the mail next week... productivity will be low [Smile]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

Waited in line for 25 minutes at midnight to get my copy of TBC:CE.

I've reaffirmed my nerd status for 2007.

erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Architraz Warden:
Why so many accounts, out of curiosity?

I'm at 3 60's, 2 50's, a slew of 30's, and a 19 for PvP. Only one account though.

Probably played, got to 60, quit, sold acct.

It's what I did. Kinda nice to get a $270 refund on my gaming time!

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

I was on last night, but very few people from Dragon Army appear to have been on in the last 15-20 days or so.

I'm picking up BC today (pre-order from EB Games) so I'll be installing that this evening.

MightyCow
Member # 9253

Amazon said they shipped it yesterday, but it turns out what they actually did is tell the USPS that they planned to ship it, without anyone actually moving the box.

I probably won't have it for another 3-4 days.

Oh well, more time to farm gems to sell to all the jewlcrafters [Smile]

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.