FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Heroes: II (Page 16)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Heroes: II
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the playing cards too and had the same reaction. [Smile]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AvidReader:
I saw the playing cards and hoped for a wild moment that we'll get a Gambit character next season.

So does this leave Mama Petrelli and Bob as the only original Heroes, or do you think there will be more? I'm short 5 names, unless they showed up in the comics.

Who are you counting?

Link.

[ December 04, 2007, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I was counting both Petrellis, Bob, Linderman, Deveaux, Nakamura, Parkman's dad, and Victoria. Ok, four left. I was never good at basic math.

I don't recognize the other names, but I wonder if Carlos Mendez was Isaac's father.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
quote:
Originally posted by Christine:
What I'd really like to know is....Is this it for Heroes? Are we done after Monday night?

We can only hope.
I hope it comes back, but I did notice that while they left an opening for left year, they also came to enough of a conclusion that they can end it right now.
Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate how we still have no idea what any of their powers are or were.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really hoping they quit while they're behind. The show has gotten progressively worse in large steps, not small ones. My coworkers all watched it faithfully through last night's episode after I'd abandoned it and they told me it looked like it might've been getting better four or five episodes ago, but that after the last few they've said they're going to actively struggle to get people to stop watching the show. They are so angry and disappointed. I'm glad I quit when I did.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, they said "Returning in 2008."

It's coming back, and I'm glad. I think it's always been good, though it's come down from awesomely great, but in the last few episodes it's really gone back uphill, I think ending very strongly.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
The writers' strike could go on through '08. I'm hoping that happens, too.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I'd be surprised if it lasted ALL of 2008. At the latest I'd say it'll go to June or so. When all of Hollywood shuts down, the studios will deal.

But I can't say I care about most else of television. Other than wanting to see the end of BSG, the only other show I watch is Stargate Atlantis, and it has an almost all Canadian writing staff.

[Edited for typo. Sorry Blayne. ]

[ December 04, 2007, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Lyrhawn ]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand what the Producers think will happen. Do they expect the writers to crack?
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Lyrhawn - I'm with you on the "Dude, they said "Returning in 2008." 'Cause I'd just DIE (only a little bit, on the inside, crying silent tears) if not...

Random question... Where's Hiro's sister??

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

She was at the funeral. And I think in the comics she was getting closer to Ando.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Dude its Canadian.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

I don't understand what people think is so bad about the show this season, especially the ones who liked it last season. In general, I found season 2 to be an improvement over season 1. It was faster paced, for one thing, which was a huge improvement over season 1. Yeah, I could nitpick, but basically the show's getting better. I mean, they killed Nikki!!!
Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't understand what the Producers think will happen. Do they expect the writers to crack?
I think the theory is that while the writers are on strike, they aren't getting paid. The studios probably have more money to live off than the writers, but also the studios can show re-runs, movies, news, and reality television, all things that don't require dealing with the writer's guild. (Reality TV of course has writers, but they aren't part of the writer's union.)

Eventually the writer's will have hurt enough by being out of work and eating up their savings that they will compromise or something.

I think that's what the studios think.

Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slim
Member # 2334

- posted      Profile for Slim   Email Slim         Edit/Delete Post 
I also noticed all the other weird stuff in the vault, and wondered what it was all about. Heroes Wiki Has pictures of what was inside.

okay, some more of my thoughts:

Peter: "Caitlin, I hope she's alright, I can't believe we just left her there!"
Doc: "Don't worry, she'll be fine! When you destroyed the virus from being released in 2007, the normal timeline was restored! Once you are back in 2008, all you have to do is go to her house and wake her up!"
Peter: "..."

-------------------------------------

West: "You shouldn't reveal your secret, Claire. I like having secrets. I ... I ... I love you!"
Claire: "Well, I'm tired of hiding."
West: "Fine, you're on your own then."
Claire: "Do you have anything else to say?"
West: "Yes, I certainly do. I have to go now. My planet needs me." *flies away*
(Note: he died on the way back to his home planet..)

Posts: 172 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
- Claire and West are too pretty. It's a little sickening. I was hoping West would die, but it looks like he won't. I was sad Adrian Pasdar (Nathan) died, but if you take out Nathan, that leaves only West as a flying-ability-only person, which makes him more interesting.

- The volume next season is called "Villains" (emphasis on the plural). So, it's more than just Sylar. Maybe Adam comes back, maybe Matt Parkman's dad comes back, and with the regenerative capabilities of that blood maybe even Eric Roberts' character can come come back (we don't know how long a body can be dead and still be brought back).

- I think Adam knows the history of all the contents in that vault. When he comes back, I bet he will search the vault for them.

- They could have taken care of the "why-doesn't-Peter-just-walk-through-the-vault-door" problem with a simple line by Adam. Have Peter try to walk through the door, fail, and have Adam say, "It's probably an alloy of [name of mysterious metal], which you can't phase through. Use your telekinesis."

- Hiro could have destroyed the virus at any time by going back to the vault an hour before anyone gets there, finding the virus and then dropping it into something really really hot, like a foundry, as in T2.

- Hiro (or Peter) can travel back in time and save Nikki if he feels like he should alter that history. But I hope he doesn't!

- I wish Maya had died, too. When she was shot, I was all like, "Yes!" And then she was brought back, and I was all, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" But I must admit that I liked the kissing scene between Sylar and Maya! *singing* Sylar has a girlfriend! Sylar has a girlfriend! (remember that Sylar asked to bring her back - maybe he doesn't hate her THAT much! Or maybe he just wants the chance to eat her brain and get her power...)

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Peter's various powers are creating huge plot holes. They ought to have a couple of geeks on call they send scripts to who can tell them how one of Peter's other powers could have solved the problem way, way more easily than whatever power they picked.

I mean, I know this season they had him forget, so they could manifest powers as they wanted, but the minute he uttered, "I remember everything," that ended.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
Ever read The Neverending Story? Every time Bastian made a wish, he lost some of his memory?

I think for every power Peter acquires, he gets just that much dumber.

Honestly, if they just wrote into the show itself that the more you use your powers, the dumber you get, it would improve it so much!

It would explain Hiro.

It would explain Peter.

It would explain why Bennett seems like the only smart character: he has no powers.

But it would also mean that Mohinder must have a lot of powers we don't know about. Because he's been stooopid this season.

Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
His blood has the power to heal the unmutated Shanti virus, which has been used a lot this season...
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyNotSoBravo:
- Claire and West are too pretty. It's a little sickening. I was hoping West would die, but it looks like he won't. I was sad Adrian Pasdar (Nathan) died, but if you take out Nathan, that leaves only West as a flying-ability-only person, which makes him more interesting.

I still think Nathan may not be dead. Peter's blood is readily available and could heal him. I was kind of sad to see him go. It's not deal-breaker (I would stop watching if Hiro died) but it made me sad.

quote:
- The volume next season is called "Villains" (emphasis on the plural). So, it's more than just Sylar. Maybe Adam comes back, maybe Matt Parkman's dad comes back, and with the regenerative capabilities of that blood maybe even Eric Roberts' character can come come back (we don't know how long a body can be dead and still be brought back).
We've got Syler, Bob, Mrs. Patrelli (who killed her own son), Adam, Matt's dad, Matt (he's always had a dark side...he could go either way), and who knows what new characters.

quote:

- They could have taken care of the "why-doesn't-Peter-just-walk-through-the-vault-door" problem with a simple line by Adam. Have Peter try to walk through the door, fail, and have Adam say, "It's probably an alloy of [name of mysterious metal], which you can't phase through. Use your telekinesis."

I was trying to remember if Peter could walk through walls or not. Has he done this at any point in the show? I know he saw DL very briefly at the end of last season, but he didn't even see DL use his powers. I'm not clear on whether he has to see a character use their powers in order to absorb them. He probably has to see them use the power in order to know he has it, though.

quote:
- Hiro could have destroyed the virus at any time by going back to the vault an hour before anyone gets there, finding the virus and then dropping it into something really really hot, like a foundry, as in T2.
The problem with Hiro's character and power is that time travel is always a tricky thing to introduce. They keep trying to emphasize that he can't change the past. I think in the hands of any other character, the time travel aspect of his power would just be plain dumb, but Hiro is endearing and, after all, he was never supposed to be smart. They said in the very first episode that he was at the bottom of his class. He's like a little boy wanting to be Superman and struggling now that he's found out that he is.

quote:

- I wish Maya had died, too. When she was shot, I was all like, "Yes!" And then she was brought back, and I was all, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" But I must admit that I liked the kissing scene between Sylar and Maya! *singing* Sylar has a girlfriend! Sylar has a girlfriend! (remember that Sylar asked to bring her back - maybe he doesn't hate her THAT much! Or maybe he just wants the chance to eat her brain and get her power...)

I felt the same way! But it's also part of what made me wonder if Nathan is dead.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Christine:
I was trying to remember if Peter could walk through walls or not. Has he done this at any point in the show? I know he saw DL very briefly at the end of last season, but he didn't even see DL use his powers.

That's how he escaped from the Company with Adam.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was trying to remember if Peter could walk through walls or not. Has he done this at any point in the show?
It's how he escaped with Adam.

Peter, as a god-like superhero, completely sucks at picking the appropriate power to use in any given situation (though Hiro is perhaps even worse with his). Not only could Peter have walked through the door, he also could have teleported to the other side. He'd just seen Hiro do it, so seems like it would be on his mind as something he can do too. Considering how Peter thought to read the biologist's mind, why did he never think to read Adam's?

All the characters need to read more comic books. So do the writers of the show, for that matter.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

Doh! That's right. I remember now. All right, then I really am confused why he didn't just walk through the vault. [Smile]
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Its like a micro version of the Star Trek problem. Discover any number of revolutionary technologies, forget them in the following weeks when they could help, and depict an Earth that magically remains much the same despite amazing technologies that should massively change life.
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was sad Adrian Pasdar (Nathan) died, but if you take out Nathan, that leaves only West as a flying-ability-only person, which makes him more interesting.
Except it doesn't, really. Not for me that is. It makes him more essential to the plot, perhaps, but the character himself remains unchanged. The only thing I'm interested in is if they're ever going to explore the creepy stalker angle they opened up and then ignored with him.

quote:
This is one of those strange elephants in the room in the show. I realize they alluded very briefly in season one to some sort of classic sci-fi problem involved with time traveling and being when one shouldn't, but that's it...and then in season two, Hiro basically does his damndest to throw all of that out the window with the whole feudal Japan storyline, but then goes apparently back to being worried about it by not just fixing things via time travel (not talking about his dad dying, that had a moral angle to it).

quote:
Peter's various powers are creating huge plot holes. They ought to have a couple of geeks on call they send scripts to who can tell them how one of Peter's other powers could have solved the problem way, way more easily than whatever power they picked.
I liked Peter a lot more when he could just fly, or at least when he was having trouble mastering his abilities. Apparently when Peter absorbs something, he not only absorbs the power itself but all the necessary reflexes and instincts to use it. Most notably with our cop friend, who is able to be successfully repelled with his own ability seconds after using it...even though the original was easily overpowered by his father's ability.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

At first, I thought Peter could only use a power in the presence of other people with abilities. That was more interesting to me. It still made him a match for Syler, but it kept him from being TOO powerful.
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.