FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Official BSG Season 4 Discussion Thread (Page 12)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: The Official BSG Season 4 Discussion Thread
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanecer:
quote:
Seemed a little premature when they started celebrating....
I agree. I found this episode a bit disappointing. The decision to share the discovery of Earth with the Cylons was a huge one- one that I would have liked to see deliberation on rather than a rushed explanation from Lee. I appreciated Bill and Tigh's reactions and choices, but everybody else's feelings seemed skipped over.

I'm concerned that this twist is going to take away from fully explaining the current loose ends and properly wrapping up the series. I want them to get back in to the deep religious visions and prophecies and talk of purpose. Even more, I want to see the relationships on the show in the detail they're sometimes shown and how each of the characters copes with starting whatever life they're going to start. I want to see how the cylons integrating in to human society goes. I don't want these aspects to take a back seat to a "what happened to earth" plot.

Oh I'm sure they'll get back to all the visions and prophecies and whatnot... that's all that's left and the true cause behind all that's happened. The "what happened to Earth" will take a little time but very little I imagine, at least before it becomes the key to all the prophecies.

And as for the quick decision to go to Earth, we've already had those debates in previous episodes... and they DO want to share it with the Cylons... any more debate would take up valueble screen time and we know anyway what the outcome would be. And I agree with Adama that given too much time and the alliance would break down. Of course it's doomed to break down anyway especially with finding Earth dead... I'd rather deal with it after finding Earth than before.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
So whatcha think Laura is burning?
I bet it's the Sacred Scrolls, starting with the Book of Pythia.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
When was Laura burning something?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I don't remember that.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
In the preview for 4.5.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

But first shown in the BSG Last Supper picture.
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Telperion the Silver:

Wow, I never noticed that before. Has it always been there?
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Frakkin internet ate my post but, a shortened version:

The idea that she's burning the scrolls is attractive, but I wonder about the many other things that it could also represent. I never saw her holding the match before.

I also wonder about the positioning and behavior of other people. Why is Caprica Six at the center of all things? Why is Natalie pointing at her accusatorily? Why is Galen holding a knife? Maybe because he'll kill Tori when he finds out what she did?

[ June 19, 2008, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Lyrhawn ]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:
quote:
Originally posted by Telperion the Silver:

Wow, I never noticed that before. Has it always been there?
I read somewhere that the photo on the website was altered, but there wasn't anything specific mentioned on what was changed.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
can anyone give a link please?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I'm looking at the photo that was posted on EW that I linked to on the second page of this thread, and it looks like she is still burning something.

One thing is different. In the original photo, Roslin has a match, and there's a big candle/fire in front of her sitting on the table, but in the one on Sci-Fi right now the fire is missing and she's just holding the match. Moore said of the flame that "she's burning something of importance that has to do with a plot turn midseason."

That seems to be the only difference I can find, and it's pretty glaring now that I see it. In addition, Moore says that in the photo, Athena and Helo are responding to someone in their wary hug, and it looks like Natalie is pointing at them. I wonder if the foreshadowing there was the precursor to Athena killing Natalie. That'd make one thing true from the picture.

lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I haven't read anything in this thread yet because I just finished season three.

Where can I get season 4? iTunes? Some other shop? Bit torrent? What episode are they on?

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

There's no hurry. It's on hiatus for six months.

At least.

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

You can buy all the episodes for download on Amazon.com.

Here's the addy:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ZU1KMW/ref=sr_digr_2?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&qid=1215734350&sr=8-2

lem
Member # 6914

Thanks Telp! That is exactly what I was looking for. I will buy it!

Before I do, did you get to that link through Hatrack's link? I would like OSC to get even a little off of my purchase, especially since Hatrack pointed me in the right direction.

I always try to remember to buy through here. Hatrack has been an amazing community in my life over the past few years, and this is the only tangible way I can thank OSC.

Should I clear my cookies, log back into Hatrack, and go through the Amazon link at the top of the page? Or will going through your link still support Hatrack?

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Negative... had looked it up myself a while ago.
[Smile]

lem
Member # 6914

I just finished watching the first 10 episodes of season four. The one thing I learned is that at least 4 of the 5 are teletubbies.

Every time the 4 of the 5 started to hear that noise I was sure that phone thingy was going to come out of the ground.

I can't wait for the last episode. We still need the Cylon civil war to be resolved.

plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Prequel movie (not Caprica) showing after season 4 finale

quote:
Producers recently announced end-of-the-summer production of a two-hour standalone "Galactica" prequel that will air in 2009 after the series finale.

The movie is a prequel that gives some insight into the machinations of the cylons before they unleashed the nuclear holocaust that wiped out all but 50,000 human inhabitants of the 12 colonies. "Galactica" star Edward James Olmos will direct and Dean Stockwell (Cylon No. 1), Aaron Douglas (Chief Tyrol) and Michael Trucco (Sam Anders) — all "skinjobs," cylons who appear to be human — will participate.

A (hopeful) yay! (I'm not much of a prequels fan though. Still, extra Galactica!)
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Quick note - "He That Believeth in Me" is available for free download (and in HD, I think) on iTunes. [Smile]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Since this thread has been bumped...

Am I the only one who thinks that the fifth is Elosha (Black priestess lady who got blown up on Kobol)? I've been tossing this around since the other 4 were revealed but no one seems to agree with me.

It could make sense though. Her dying obviously isn't a problem. The fifth will likely be a woman since so far only 4 out of 11 known cylons are female. She appeared to Roslin in her jump-induced visions (which also provided a convenient reason to have her on set during the last season without making anyone suspicious if it got out). She's not in the fleet (I'm guessing she resurrected on Earth somehow, maybe that's where the final five download when they die). And no one seems to suspect her.

Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Aren't all the final five in the fleet?
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

D'anna specifically said that 4 of them were in the fleet, which also explains why the matter comes to a close when the 4 are revealed. For some reason most fans don't seem to suspect characters who have died even though we know that cylons resurrect and that would explain the fifth not being in the fleet. If the fifth isn't with the humans nor with the other cylons he/she has to be on Earth or is someone who died and downloaded to an unknown location (again, probably Earth) I also suspect Billy, but not as much as Elosha.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Do we know that the final 5 definitely resurrect?
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

No, but we don't know that they don't.
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.