FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Official BSG Season 4 Discussion Thread (Page 10)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: The Official BSG Season 4 Discussion Thread
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm... pine trees...
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
My best friend and I were out for a walk yesterday and I smelled this weird smell, which led to the following conversation:

Me - "What the heck is that smell?"
Her - "What smell?"
Me - "That smell, it smells like, like pine, do you smell it?"
Her - "Yeah."
Me - "Well what is it?"
Her - *points to pine tree over our heads* "Pine."

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

- posted      Profile for sylvrdragon   Email sylvrdragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Was D'Anna always that cynical? I don't think I like it.
Posts: 636 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

After New Caprica? Yeah. Heck, after New Caprica, I don't there's anyone in either fleet that isn't cynical.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Telperion the Silver:

Cavil One and Boomer are dead forever.

Maybe.

We don't know where she ran off to after Cavil was killed. There's no reason that Boomer couldn't have made it out of there.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Seeing Cavil killed and knowing what was about to happen, I'm betting she rushed off to meet the newly resurrected Cavil, to get him on a Heavy Raider and off the Hub before it blew, and she had plenty of time to do it.
Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
I live in Ireland but Im holidaying in Orlando from Thursday night. Can someone tell me what time BSG is normally on at in Americaland?

Also do hotels normally have Scifi in their rooms?

Thanks!

Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

quote:
Originally posted by Damien.m:
I live in Ireland but Im holidaying in Orlando from Thursday night. Can someone tell me what time BSG is normally on at in Americaland?

Also do hotels normally have Scifi in their rooms?

Thanks!

10pm in Orlando. I'm pretty sure that most hotels will carry it, but I'm not certain.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been in that many hotels that actually get SciFi; I'm always rather surprised when they do.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marlozhan
Member # 2422

- posted      Profile for Marlozhan   Email Marlozhan         Edit/Delete Post 
The answer is probably obvious and I just can't think of it, but how did the baseship make its way back to where Adama was waiting? I thought the hybrid was deciding when to jump and chasing the central hub. After the resurrection hub was destroyed, what reason did the hybrid have to return to where it came from? Or were Laura and the others able to control where they jumped?

Maybe the hybrid was only controlling things while it was panicking.

Posts: 684 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

The whole hybrid being in control thing seems to conflict with an earlier jump when the hybrid protested and Deanna said "she doesn't get a vote," and they jumped anyway.

They used the ship to fight off the other baseships, which I'm guessing the hybrid didn't stop, even though it resulted in the destruction of the Hub, so I think unless special circumstances are involved, she is powerless. Thus, I think they jumped back to where Galactica was without her having a say in the matter.

sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

- posted      Profile for sylvrdragon   Email sylvrdragon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
The whole hybrid being in control thing seems to conflict with an earlier jump when the hybrid protested and Deanna said "she doesn't get a vote," and they jumped anyway.

They used the ship to fight off the other baseships, which I'm guessing the hybrid didn't stop, even though it resulted in the destruction of the Hub, so I think unless special circumstances are involved, she is powerless. Thus, I think they jumped back to where Galactica was without her having a say in the matter.

I would guess that something triggered some sort of emergency protocol that the Hybrid was following. Like an emergency lock out.
Posts: 636 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zenox
Member # 8987

- posted      Profile for Zenox   Email Zenox         Edit/Delete Post 
My best guess is that the sudden deactivation/reactivation of the hybrid flipped it. I mean, the first time it happened, a centurion shot a Sharon.

I loved the scene with Gaius and the Centurion. Any chance that the centurions have some way of communicating mind-mind, and that the seeds of rebellion are now further sown?

Posts: 58 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup.
And now the Humanoid Models no longer have an upper hand against the Centurions with self awarness without the ability to resurrect themselves.

But why can't a new Hub be constructed? You'd think since the Cylons are machines they would know about redundancies, as in more than one Hub (or at least more than only two freaking Baseships guarding the most strategic target possible).

I think the only way this event can be resolved for me is to have the Cylons talk about rebuilding the Hub but are stopped by the Civil War/Centurion Rebellion.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zenox
Member # 8987

Maybe the final five have something to do with why they can't rebuild the hub?
Posts: 58 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I think it'd be a bit of an undertaking to rebuild the Hub, and if they get to Earth this week, there'll be more pressing concerns.
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

The Centurians/Raiders HAVE to have some means of remote communication. The entire Cylon fleet withdrew when the one raider scanned Anders. Whether or not Baltar's centurian was broadcasting, however, is another story altogether.
ricree101
Member # 7749

quote:
Originally posted by Zenox:

I loved the scene with Gaius and the Centurion. Any chance that the centurions have some way of communicating mind-mind, and that the seeds of rebellion are now further sown?

Did the rebellion really even need to get seeded? After being freed from decades of slavery, the nonhuman cylons are still pretty much guards, laborers, and soldiers. The only real sign we've gotten that anything has changed is one time when one of the cylons had to say please to get them to do something.

Unless there is something drastic that we haven't been shown, it seems as though a centurion rebellion was probably inevitable.

Zenox
Member # 8987

If not seeded, then at least pushed ahead of schedule. His little talk, if spread, could definitely trigger an earlier rebellion.
Carrie
Member # 394

quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:
The only real sign we've gotten that anything has changed is one time when one of the cylons had to say please to get them to do something.

And when the Centurion shot one of the Eights when she unplugged the Hybrid. I'm still not entirely sure why that happened.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
I really like the symmetry of humans building cylons as drones who rebel against us. Then the cylons evolve and build drones who, hopefully, rebel against them too. A nice little circle of life
Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
...or death....
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, my name is Richard and I'm a BSG-holic.

Phew, that was tough. OK so I'm only part way through the second series, but series three is now nestling in the bosom of my iPod. I expect to be posting here meaningfully shortly.

In the meantime, I wish I knew what you were going on about...

[Wink]

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

I think it's important to note that SciFi will be streaming the full episode every hour from 0900 to 1600 (last one ends) tomorrow. I'm going to wait until the evening to watch it, but it'll be a close call.

And the AICN review of the media screening last night only made me more excited. It's not very spoilerific at all, so don't be afraid to click. [Smile]

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh. I didn't realize the mid-season finale was here already. It sounds very, very promising.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

OMG I'm so excited!
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... just saw the last episode. Not a fan of the betrayal of the eights. Really, really not a fan. [Frown] But then I kinda have a crush on the eights, so I wouldn't be. Good episode otherwise.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Oh man. Sounds awesome.

But I continue to wonder why, if the filming of the last episode will be done this month, they'll make us wait at least six months for the last 10 episodes. What's the point?

This show is easily in my top three favorites of any show ever made. It's spectacular and thrilling, and watching it all for the first time is a series of singular events, but I also feel like I'm being sucker punched by being dragged along on these long unnecessary waits. When Caprica comes out, I'm going to be seriously tempted to not watch it at all until the whole thing is done.

I hope they come out with the complete series DVD quick so I can buy it. I've specificially been not buying any dvds because I expected that Sci-Fi would release a special edition full collection like they did for SG.

0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Where did you watch the last episode, Alcon?

I want to do the same!

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

I think by last, he meant the latest ("The Hub" I believe it is called).

I'm actually not really looking too forward to this next episode. It is inevitably going to be a ~6+ month long cliff hanger, and given the latest developments, it's going to be a big one. The most I can hope for is that it gives us some more fuel for speculation. We seem to have run dry of that in the last few episodes.

What I really want are moderately vague events and dialog that can can be arranged in many different ways to fit the pre-existing facts to paint different pictures that may define the world we have been immersed in. Much like the end of Razor, or the episode where Starbuck came back. It's what a majority of Sci-Fi fans want! Puzzles!

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Ugh! I can't stop watching!
[Big Grin]

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Holy... [Angst] [Cry] [Hail]
Alcon
Member # 6645

Wow... okay, so uh...

********SPOILERS FOR TONIGHT***************

******************SPOILER WARNING****************

Next question, what the hell happened on Earth? And where the hell is the fifth? Not in the fleet, and from the looks of it Earth is also pretty lifeless. I think they left plenty of room for speculation with that end.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy.... [Eek!] [Embarrassed] [Angst]

When does it come back again....wow...what a way to end...

Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!!! that was amazing!!!!!
Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

Wow... Just..... wow

It's not as though this was completely unpredicted, but it's something else to see it on the screen.

I really want to comment more, but I'll leave that until after the episode has aired on tv.

Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I really hate NBC/Universal right now. What's with the mid season breaks? 6 months til a new episode when they've already filmed them...why?
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

WOW. The new AICN report puts the back half of the season at twelve hours, not the ten they'd originally planned.

There could be more!

(You lot are making it very tough to hold out from watching online, just so you know... [Wink] )

(edit to correct terminology)

DarkKnight
Member # 7536

I had to watch it online...and wow...just...wow... are you serious about the 6 month break!?!?
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alcon:
Wow... okay, so uh...

********SPOILERS FOR TONIGHT***************

******************SPOILER WARNING****************

It's just my personal opinion, but I think it'd be nice to hold off on spoilers until after it's aired. Even with the spoiler warning, it's treading a thin line.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

quote:
It's just my personal opinion, but I think it'd be nice to hold off on spoilers until after it's aired. Even with the spoiler warning, it's treading a thin line.
It's airing online right now -- officially on the Sci Fi website, and has been for hours (it's played 6 times to be precise). Most of us have clearly already watched it. Sorry, but I disagree as to where to place the arbitrary divider line of when it's okay to post spoilers. Waiting until it airs on TV is just ridiculously silly at this point.

If I'd downloaded it illegally or read them off a website, I might agree with you. But that's because chances would be that most people wouldn't have watched it yet. At this point it's clear most hatrackers reading this have already watched it. And those that hadn't when I posted still could before reading the spoiler.

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Well, I think we can compromise for the benefit of our fellow fans and be cautious with spoilers till after it airs on TV. I'm game with that.
[Smile] Although... as long as spoiler warnings are properly you are expected to have the strength of will not to look any further if you don't want to. [Big Grin]

[ June 13, 2008, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Telperion the Silver ]

Carrie
Member # 394

I'm officially swearing off opening this thread until after 11:01 pm, EDT. Don't worry about spoiling me, because I won't be here to see it. [Big Grin]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I was swearing it off too, but the crazed posts actually pushed me to watch it online for the first time. I missed the first 20 minutes though, so I have some catching up to do later tonight. I'll save comments until I get home from work later tonight as well.

But I have to say, I'm even more pissed now that we have to wait six plus months to find out what happens. We already waited like 9 months the last time, and now we might have to wait 9 more? I love BSG, but this seals it: When Caprica comes out, I'm not watching until the series finale airs.

Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alcon:
quote:
It's airing online right now -- officially on the Sci Fi website, and has been for hours (it's played 6 times to be precise). Most of us have clearly already watched it. Sorry, but I disagree as to where to place the arbitrary divider line of when it's okay to post spoilers. Waiting until it airs on TV is just ridiculously silly at this point.

If I'd downloaded it illegally or read them off a website, I might agree with you. But that's because chances would be that most people wouldn't have watched it yet. At this point it's clear most hatrackers reading this have already watched it. And those that hadn't when I posted still could before reading the spoiler.

No big deal. Like I said, it was just a personal opinion. I watched it, but I'm not planning on saying anything about it before it airs on TV. YMMV, and apparently does.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
We already waited like 9 months the last time, and now we might have to wait 9 more?

Last time we waited over a calendar year. Not that I was counting, or anything... [Wink]

I think I'd like to have Bear McCreary's babies.

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
I think I'd like to have Bear McCreary's babies.
Get in line sparky. I've been wanting to have Bear McCreary's babies since the first season. Biology be damned!
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundation_and_Earth#Part_VII:_Earth

quote:

Entering the solar system of the uncharted star, they notice that it fits legends about Earth's solar system. The sixth planet has very prominent rings, much more so than any known gas giant. Also the third planet, the one fit for life, possesses an abnormally large moon for any planet other than a gas giant. Obviously this is Earth and its solar system.

On the approach to Earth, they detect that it is highly radioactive, and not capable of supporting life.

I'm worried now I'll lose interest in BSG, I really wanted to see a powerful interstellar Human republic capable of destroying any Cylon attack with ease, but now we see an irridiated Earth. I can never seem to keep an interest in scifi where Earth is not a powerful center of some empire or another, best example is that I never got into Andromeda.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
So, it finally finished airing in the Pacific time zone.

Can we talk about it yet?

First dibs on yelling

"They blew it up! Damn them! Damn them all to hell!"

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.