FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My kids say awesome things. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: My kids say awesome things.
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
My son - when we opened the pizza box this evening (plain cheese)

"This is a big pizza. It looks like the moon. Well, not like the moon always, just like the full moon. The crescent moon doesn't look like a pizza." Then he thinks for a minute.
"If you had two crescent moons, they could be a donut! Except, you'd have to sorta squish it like this *pinches his finger together* - but the gibbous moon, it could be a football donut!"

My son tends to just ramble on alot. He went from talking almost none at all as a toddler to now when he lives in a state of permanent narrative. At the moment he's very obsessed with the moon and, of course, Krispie Kreme "football" donuts that my dad has been bringing home lately.

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Sasha, first words to a large stranger with long blonde hair and dark 5-O'clock shadow, met while washing hands in the bathroom, "Your hair looks...strange."

Earlier, "Monsters don't giggle" which I believe would be the title of a great children's book.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sala
Member # 8980

- posted      Profile for Sala           Edit/Delete Post 
The elementary school where I work was visited by an accreditation team, very nicely dressed older men, one black, one white. As they walked into the school a group of first graders were returning from the playground to come in as well. One of the boys turned to another boy, and in a loud voice, announced that Obama and McCain were visiting our school! The teachers blushed, the men felt very presidential, and the kids were very excited.
Posts: 315 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
When she was about 6, my niece was in the bank with my sister one day. She sat on a chair to wait while my sister was in line. She got up for a minute and meanwhile an older neighbour of theirs came in and sat down. My niece went back over and said "Hey, you're in my seat!". My sister took her and said "Now, that's not very polite, is it? What would you like to say to Mr. Harrison?" (intending for my niece to say "Sorry, you can have my seat" or something similar.) My niece, however, looks at the man and takes a deep breath and says "I didn't mean to say you're in my seat. I meant to say I'm sorry, sir, but could you please move because I was there first?"
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
lol.

At work once a little boy (prob around 5 or 6) said loudly. "My sister spent the night at her boyfriend's house." lol, his parents looked like they were somewhere between ticked off and embarrassed.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Embarassing moment at the library: My daughter chose "Homeward Bound" as her movie this week. The librarian gushed about how her daughter loved it and watched it over and over. As we were leaving, I asked my daughter to thank the librarian.

"Thank you," she said. Then added "I hope your daughter's brain didn't get smooshed."

Turns out, my wife had discouraged her from playing the same video games all day by telling her that if she did her brain would get mushy. So when the librarian said here daughter watched "Homeward Bound" over and over... brilliant.

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Astaril, that is AWESOME. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
My old babysitter just emailed to tell us that she's pregnant. Thinking of her brought this story to mind--
I guess it was summer and I was four or five years old. My parents were working very diligently in the garden and I must have been bored, so I wandered over to our babysitters house. I'm not quite sure how my parents didn't notice my absence, but they didn't, so it was quite a surprise when our neighbors called them some time later, asking if I could come home now. Apparently I had told them that my parents needed some... alone time.

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe, very considerate of you! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aiua:
Apparently I had told them that my parents needed some... alone time.

[ROFL]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad they didn't know about it ... I bet they could've used that time better.
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That's exactly what I was thinking!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Me, upon picking John up from preschool: No, you don't need to take your snowpants, you have another pair at home.

Me, on the way home: Do you want to have your leftover pizza for lunch?

John: No, I want a pear.

Me: I don't think we have any pears.

John: I have another pear at home, and I will eat that pear.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I set up the (electronic) drumset in our apartment.

Jps (who has been learning the instruments in the orchestra) was helping.

Jps (pressing on the kick pedal): What's this?

Me: That's the bass pedal.

Jps (going over to the high-hat pedal): And this is the cello pedal.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Not my kid. but
Yesterday in the church nursery, I was teaching a lesson on gratitude, and concluded with "what are you thankful to God for right now?". ONe of our three year olds, who happens to be the junior pastor's son, said, "YOU, Jenna!".

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

Awww. Makes you feel good, no?

dkw, I had to read yours out loud to get it. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
String
Member # 6435

- posted      Profile for String   Email String         Edit/Delete Post 
My dad has a slight swearing problem, and since my daughter (3 in May) and I have been speniding alot of time with my parents lately, Cassidy (daughter) has taken to saying "Thats B**l S**t!

an example:

Cassidy: I don't want to watch your TBD (what she calls anything on the T.V. a mix of T.V. and D.V.D.) I wanna watch Caillu!

Me: It's not your turn

Cassidy: That's B-S- (points finger at me)

Me: Excuse me? I told you, we don't say that (Then I picked her up to carry her over to the time out chair.)
Cassidy: 'sorry daddy it not B-S-'

I asked her what we should name our new cat, and she told me "kitty toothpaste Chapin" (Chapin is how she says my last name.)

My favorite though is when I told her that the beach was closed becuase it was winter time, and she said with a wide-eyed you-should-know-this already look "Your a daddy, my can't unlock the beach, only you can."

I do wish she had not picked up the B.S. word though. I try not to give it much of a reaction other than a time-out, but she just thinks it's the greatest thing in the world. Oh well, It seems like my new mantra is "she's two" [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 278 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
My brother used to swear around my kids. I informed him that he will not be allowed around them if he swears around them. He no longer swears around them...

He still says "stupid" though, which is a Word We Do Not Say since Emma picked it up when she was 2. (We say "silly" instead, usually.) Luckily she knows it is a Word We Do Not Say and has been known to exclaim, "Ooooh, Uncle Michael said a BAD WORD!" when he utters it in her hearing. [Laugh]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I asked her what we should name our new cat, and she told me "kitty toothpaste Chapin" (Chapin is how she says my last name.)
What is up with this? I have a little boy in my Sunday School class with a stuffed horse named Toothpaste. Is toothpaste really so intriguing? Why not Floss? Or Shampoo?

As for the cursing...urgh. My son learned his first curse word from my 78-year-old grandma. She's a special lady, and WAY past reformation. (She still refers to my grandpa, from whom she is divorced, as a "Pistol-Packin' Pecker Head."*) So I let it pass. For my grandma, not my son. Our big struggle is the word "crap". It's been my crutch for a long, long time, but my kids know that it is off-limits, instinctively. I've never had to tell them not to say it, they just know. Over time I've watered it down to a sort of Ned Flanders-esque utterance. Like, "Oh Craaa-gurgle-mickshmurgle."

*Hey, maybe this thread needs a related thread called "My seniors say awesome things."

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching a few minutes of Man Vs. Wild a few days ago while nursing Duplo. Bear Grylls found a frog to eat and bit its head off (I couldn't hear well enough to know what was going on or I would have changed the channel first).

Lego: "What's he doing with the frog, Mommy?"
Me: "He's eating it."
Lego: "Does the frog like it?"

Hm. I have a feeling we're going to be having the "where food comes from" discussion fairly soon.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Emma, while listening to some mp3s with headphones: "Do you know what I am listening to?"
Me: "No, what?"
Emma: "This song is called, 'I'm Walking In the Lines.'"
Me: *suppressing giggles*
Emma, irritated: "Don't laugh! It's from Johnny Cash, he's my favorite!"

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
We were getting Inkling (age 3) ready to go spend the night at my parents' house.

Ink: What if there are monsters? I don't think I can go.

M: Why do you think there are monsters?

Ink: Hmm...Oh! There are no monsters. That's right! Daddy ate them all!

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome, kq!
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Scott R:
Oh! There are no monsters. That's right! Daddy ate them all!

"Who you gonna call?" [Big Grin]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

When the 5 mo old started fussing on the way home today the two year old sang:

The itsy-bitsy Charles was crying in the carseat.
Mommy sang a song and . . . <pause> . . . John sang a song and <short pause> la la la la la.
<hums the rest of the tune>

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

[Smile] Lego sings to Duplo all the time when he's fussy in the car. He'll also chant, "Don't cry, Duplo. We're going home, Duplo. You're okay, Duplo," just like I do.
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching "Criminal Minds" with all four kids the other night. For those that don't know, it's a show about investigators who track down serial killers. I know, good family fun.

At any rate, a girl was outside trying to talk on her cell phone and the serial killer jumped out and grabbed her. I was surprised, a little, and let out a squeak.

That's when the 11 year old, Em, looked at me and said "Mom, what did you expect in a show like this? Jolly chipmunks?"

A few months ago, my oldest (15) was playing Gears of War on the Xbox 360. We were in a pretty intense moment, bad guys coming up through the floor, blood and guts flying everywhere on screen and she threw down the controller and said "I don't like this game! I'm out of ammo and I want a fuzzy unicorn to come on the screen!"

Which devolved into all the other kids laughing at the concept of an "ammo unicorn" which brings you happiness and cheer when you need it...and more ammunition.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

John sings a lot, and he often substitutes one or two words, like putting in his name or Charles' name, or inserting the word "cookie" at key points. This was the first time I've seen him try to write new lyrics (almost) from scratch, and it was really funny to see him start, restart, figure out he was in over his head, and then "la, la, la" his way out of it.
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Pan Laoshi's daughter is so silly!

During a play she didn't understand what was going on, so she was saying very loudly "Oh No! Oh No!"

And whenever they would change the set she would yell "WOW!"

Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
My little one isn't so little any more, but I remember when he was about John's age, he was riding his trike on the sidewalk and managed to fall off and scrape his knee. I took him in and washed it and bandaged it and gave it a kiss, so it was all better. Then we went back out, and he got on his trike again, singing loudly, "Oh Susanna! Don't don't cry for me. I come from ballabama with a Band-Aid on my knee!"
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

[Laugh] Jolly Chipmunks?!?
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
While shopping today, Sophie grabbed me and pulled me towards an animal-print pullover. She pulled it off the rack and held it up against her and said, "Cheetah print! See, Daddy, this is what it's all about."

*cringe* She's not even five.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Oh, dear, Tom. Oh, dear. *giggles*

Today, we were trying to teach Lego about Christmas. "Why do we give each other presents?" Jon Boy asked.

"Because we like them," Lego answered.

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! This is my favorite thing my son has ever said. When he was two years old, my husband had a pizza delivery job at night on top of his other job. My son always wanted to "help me pray" which meant to repeat what I was saying line for line. Anyway, one night, our prayer went like this:

Me: Dear Lord
Son: Deeeer Loooord
Me: Thank you for this day
Son: Tank you fordis daaaaay
Me: Thank you for everything you've given us
Son: Tank you *mumble mumble* gibben us
Me: And please bring Daddy home safely from work
Son: And please bring me a pizza
(Ummmm...what? So I tried again, enunciating carefully.)
Me: And please...bring Daddy home...safely...from work.
Son: And please...bring me...a...pizza.

At least his prayers are from the heart.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
My three year old just said "Casey took away my crap!"

Me: He took away your...crab?

Him: Yeah, my crap. Casey took away my crap!

Me: Hmm.

<minute later>

Me: He took away your "clapper"?

Him: Yeah, my clapper. Casey took away my clapper!

---

He's got a toy that claps when you pull the trigger.

It's always fun trying to figure out what he's saying so we can help him enunciate it correctly. Earlier today he wanted play dough and I went through pretzels, pencils, puzzles, and completely ran out of ideas until he spotted what he wanted on the shelf and could point to it.

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
String
Member # 6435

- posted      Profile for String   Email String         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by PSI Teleport:
quote:
What is up with this? I have a little boy in my Sunday School class with a stuffed horse named Toothpaste. Is toothpaste really so intriguing? Why not Floss? Or Shampoo?

As for the cursing...urgh. My son learned his first curse word from my 78-year-old grandma. She's a special lady, and WAY past reformation. (She still refers to my grandpa, from whom she is divorced, as a "Pistol-Packin' Pecker Head."*) So I let it pass. For my grandma, not my son. Our big struggle is the word "crap". It's been my crutch for a long, long time, but my kids know that it is off-limits, instinctively. I've never had to tell them not to say it, they just know. Over time I've watered it down to a sort of Ned Flanders-esque utterance. Like, "Oh Craaa-gurgle-mickshmurgle."

*Hey, maybe this thread needs a related thread called "My seniors say awesome things."

Yeah, you know, I don't know what the deal is. I myself always thought shampoo was better than tooth-paste because it made bubbles in the bathtub.

That's too funny about your grandma, mine was just the opposite, the worst she ever said was 'pot lickin' fool.' and that meant she was very upset.

Posts: 278 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Me: Bridget, what do you want for dinner?
Bridget: Barcle.
Me: Sparkles?
Bridget: No. Barcle.
Me: Buckle?
Bridget: No! BARCLE!
Me: ...Barnacle?
Bridget: Yes! Barcle!

(We went to the aquarium on Saturday... A little later she explained, "Eat barcle! I'm a saarfiss!" That would be, "I eat barnacles! I'm a starfish!" LOL.)

Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
Not really a funny anecdote, but this past Saturday, my sister called me on her cell phone while xmas shopping to ask me something. A minute later, she called me back and said, "Zoe wants to talk to you." Zoe is my 28 month old niece. I see her in person frequently, but I'd never talked to her on the phone before. I didn't know she knew how to use a phone. So my sister hands her the phone and I hear, "Ah Sha! Ah Sha!" Which is how she says, "Hi, Sean." Then I can hear my sister in the background saying,

"Say 'I'm shopping with mama.'"
"Say 'I love you, Sean.'"
"Say 'Bye, Sean.'"

At which point she says, "Ba Sha!" and hangs up.

It was the most awesomest thing ever.

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imamess
Member # 11549

- posted      Profile for Imamess           Edit/Delete Post 
Little Boy (rubbing a box of candy on his face): "I love this candy, it's as soft as the wind."

My sister (at age four; on a fishing trip; said with a very Southern accent): "Catch one, catch one, Megan. I know you can do it."

My sister (during our great-grandfather's funeral service, in reference to a friend of the family): "Him looks like a mole!"

Posts: 19 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Emma (hiding her eyes behind her hands): "My eyes are feeling guilty again."
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
kq, loving the barnacles!

Andrew (6.5) to his sister; "Now Mom, she just has a big boo-tay. But Dad, he's got this big hard tummy, and when I try to sit on his lap his big hard tummy punches me off."

I think we're both watching what we eat a little more now.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
When my grandmother died my nieces came up to the coffin at the viewing we had right before the service. They were 4 at the time. They climbed the little steps that had been placed there for them with their eyes wide open. One niece leaned to the other and said in a loud whisper

"Boy, she's REALLY dead"

We're not sure what they expected but we know Grandma got a big laugh out of that one as we chuckled quietly.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a couple I forgot about from my friend Rob's kids, who are the most well-behaved kids I have ever seen.

Once, I visited Rob when his son Luke was five. The last time he had seen me was when he was three. There's no way he remembered me. I was speaking to Rob in his kitchen, when Luke walked in. I said, "Hi, Luke." Rob says, "Do you remember Sean?" Luke kind of looks me up and down for a few seconds, then says, "It's been a while."

While I was working in Rob's office, his four year old daughter Melissa, who loves to talk, came in. She started talking while I was working on my computer. I occasionally interjected a "Yeah," or "Mmhmm," while she just talked non-stop. She ended up lying on the floor with her head towards me, and then looked at me and said, "I'm think I'm upside down - but I guess that's just how kids are."

Another day, while working in Rob's office, I heard his wife Connie on the phone in the kitchen. Melissa walked in and started tugging on her saying, "Mommy. Mommy. Mommy." But Connie was in such animated conversation that she didn't even have a chance to stop and say, "Hold on - I'm on the phone right now Melissa." So Melissa just kept going, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy." After a minute or so of this, Luke (who was now seven) comes into the room and says to Melissa, "Mommy's on the phone right now. Is there something I can help you with?"

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Another day, while working in Rob's office, I heard his wife Connie on the phone in the kitchen. Melissa walked in and started tugging on her saying, "Mommy. Mommy. Mommy." But Connie was in such animated conversation that she didn't even have a chance to stop and say, "Hold on - I'm on the phone right now Melissa." So Melissa just kept going, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy." After a minute or so of this, Luke (who was now seven) comes into the room and says to Melissa, "Mommy's on the phone right now. Is there something I can help you with?"

That's pretty awesome. [Smile]
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by PSI Teleport:
Oh! This is my favorite thing my son has ever said. When he was two years old, my husband had a pizza delivery job at night on top of his other job. My son always wanted to "help me pray" which meant to repeat what I was saying line for line. Anyway, one night, our prayer went like this:

Me: Dear Lord
Son: Deeeer Loooord
Me: Thank you for this day
Son: Tank you fordis daaaaay
Me: Thank you for everything you've given us
Son: Tank you *mumble mumble* gibben us
Me: And please bring Daddy home safely from work
Son: And please bring me a pizza
(Ummmm...what? So I tried again, enunciating carefully.)
Me: And please...bring Daddy home...safely...from work.
Son: And please...bring me...a...pizza.

At least his prayers are from the heart.

[ROFL]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

My four-year-old daughter asked me the other day,

"Mommy, what does 'ear' mean?"

Me (not quite sure why she's asking this): "Ear? You mean like your ears?" (Pointing at my ears)

Daughter, laughing at me: "No, not ears. 'Ear'."

Me: "I don't know what you mean. Can you use it in a sentence?"

Daughter: "Like in 'ear-reversible' change."

That made me grin!

(I think she's been watching too much Sid, the Science Kid.)

[ December 08, 2008, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: JennaDean ]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Sid has improved Emma's vocabulary, too. But I was so proud when she turned to me as Sid was driving home in Grandma's car and said, without prompting, "Sid doesn't fit in his carseat. His Grandma should get a new one. And she should have something behind her head."
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
My 6yo son told us when he grows up he wants to teach 2nd grade at his school. We asked him why 2nd and he said because 2nd graders don't pick their noses!
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

The 2-yr old class is singing “Little Drummer Boy” for the preschool Christmas program. John has been practicing all week. He grabs any cylindrical object he sees, tucks it under his arm and bangs on it while singing. Yesterday at the end of each phrase he would wave his hand in the air and say something that sounded like shakshh. I asked what he was doing, and he answered, “I’m playing the drums, but I have to play the cymbal in my mouth.”
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Hehehe, that's adorable, Dana. You really have a funny kid, and I get the feeling he knows he's funny.

This morning, Lego told me, "This pancake tastes really good, Mommy. It has a new flavor in it."

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.