FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My kids say awesome things. (Page 9)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: My kids say awesome things.
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Conversation between my husband and my 16 year old:

*the dryer dings*

Hubby: Natalie, the dryer is calling your name.
Nat: Wow, Dad - you speak dryer?
Hubby: Yes, it's saying "Natalie, come get the clothes and fold them and put them away, expeditiously."
Nat: The dryer has a really advanced vocabulary.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sala
Member # 8980

- posted      Profile for Sala           Edit/Delete Post 
I love this thread! Great stories. [Big Grin]
Posts: 315 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackwardBlackbird
Member # 12224

- posted      Profile for BackwardBlackbird           Edit/Delete Post 
Cute stories! Great thread!

My younger brother loves Pocahontas currently. He sings "sandwiches, sandwiches, baddabadda human!" [Smile]

He also thinks clothes that come out the dryer smell like donuts. I don't know where that comes from.

I wouldn't worry too much about precocious readers. I clearly remember hauling a 300 page book into my kindergarten class and refusing to read The Cat in the Hat because it was for babies... I was not very popular with my kindergarten teacher [Frown]

Posts: 14 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Last night Calvin (3) woke up just long enough to say, "Daddy, I want a treat." I went in to his room, by which point he was already drifting back to sleep. As he did, he said, "If you get me a treat...I will give you some...of my <yawn>...money...zzz"
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
My (almost) 2 year old has been having lots of fun lately learning various animal sounds. We have extended this to: "What does a dragon say?" "Roooooar!", "What does Mommy say?" "Happy!" (all the people seem to say happy), and my personal favorite "What does a pirate say?" "Arrrr!" (complete with little grimace and one closed eye). [Smile]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Ludosti, I think it says something for your family life that your 2-year-old believes that all people say "Happy!" [Smile]
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

[Big Grin] Thank you! It helps that she is an extremely happy person, so her happiness rubs off on us.
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Haley recently saw "Frosty the Snowman," the animated special. Since then, she has been exclaiming "Happy BIRTH-day!" whenever she gets particularly excited. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, these could win pizza!

Incredible Pizza Company which is like Chunky Cheeses the way the Lord of the Rings movies are like the D&D Movies, is having a contest about kids saying silly things.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Chunky Cheeses? The one I can think of is cottage cheese. What others?
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Lego: When Duplo was in your tummy, you couldn't eat anything.

Me: No, I could. He wasn't in my stomach, where the food goes. He was in another place, especially for babies to live in before they're born.

Lego: Your heart?

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can't tell if you're joking or not.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

quote:
Originally posted by Brinestone:
Me: No, I could. He wasn't in my stomach, where the food goes. He was in another place, especially for babies to live in before they're born.

Awwwww! That is so precious. [Smile]
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
I told my 20 month old daughter the other day that her friends Ollie and Annie were coming over. She replied very hopefully "Ollie, Annie, Melmo(Elmo) come my house?" Apparently she figured if she just slipped that in there Elmo would have to come. When I told her no Elmo wasn't coming just Ollie and Annie she replied "aw man".
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe she was complimenting Ollie and Annie by putting them in the same category of wonderfulness as Elmo?
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:
quote:
I can't tell if you're joking or not.
[Cry]

I suppose he meant "Chunky Cheese Whiz"? That can happen when exposed to air for too long.

When I was a kid.

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ludosti:
quote:
Originally posted by Brinestone:

Awwwww! That is so precious. [Smile]
Very yes.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traceria
Member # 11820

- posted      Profile for Traceria   Email Traceria         Edit/Delete Post 
Several years ago, when my younger cousins were only about five or six, Dylan had a cold and a scratchy throat. Instead of adopting the phrase "frog in my throat" he insisted he had a shark living there. You'd ask him about it, and he'd say something like, "No, he's still in there. I'm going to tell him he needs to go home soon."

Funny, funny kid. XD

Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
As my 4 yo was trying to stay awake last night:

"The reason for my great sadness this day is because I have had no ice cream."

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Scott R:
As my 4 yo was trying to stay awake last night:

"The reason for my great sadness this day is because I have had no ice cream."

That's the child of a writer.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I need to add some from "my" kids, classes of 1st and 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade Czech kids, some with minimal English:

(4th grader)

"communism was when there was a big wall and you couldn't fly. And if you flied, you died."

(from a girl who had been learning English for about 6 weeks): "Pane Ucitel (Mr. teacher)... do you know Harry Potter? He's my favorite. He's a magic boy" (This so shocked me I was nearly speechless)

"I want can umm to duh... go baffroooomm!!"

"Pleaaasseee.... we go to gymmm???!!!"

(from Ondra, our resident tough guy 6 year old with arms crossed)

"No speak English! You crazy! Speak CZECH REPUBLIC!" or often: "Mr Lloyd.... you speak CZECH REPUBLIC, I no speak English please."

(third grade girls)

"Mr. Llooyyydd... do you loooove someooone????"

Me: "say it in English please..."

2nd grade girl: "muzume domu, takle ne mluvim anglictky" (We're going home, thus I don't speak English).

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malanthrop
Member # 11992

- posted      Profile for malanthrop           Edit/Delete Post 
When I had a vasectomy, my daughter asked me why. I told her if I hadn't, her mommy and I would have a child every year....she replied...

"eeeew. You mean, you and mommy do IT every year????"

[ December 17, 2009, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: malanthrop ]

Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
How did you reply?
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malanthrop
Member # 11992

- posted      Profile for malanthrop           Edit/Delete Post 
I replied, "Mommy and Daddy will probably need alone-time again."

Now when we tell our kids we are going to have "alone-time", she makes gagging noises.

Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
I was with my 3 year old niece yesterday, and this exchange took place:

Me: "Look at that big belly! Do you have a big belly?"
Zoe: "No, I have a little belly."
Me: "What about your bum? Do you have a big bum?"
Zoe: "No, I have a little bum. Mama has a big bum."

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sala
Member # 8980

- posted      Profile for Sala           Edit/Delete Post 
I teach fourth grade (9-11 year olds). There are three 4th grade classes at my school. We took a bit of an extended recess yesterday. You know . . . help to ward off state testing anxiety (it starts next week). The fact that it was a beautiful day didn't hurt none! We decided it was time to come in when two kids said they had learned their lesson, "If school was recess all day it would be b-o-r-i-n-g!" So, let's go learn!!
Posts: 315 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.