FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Kingdom of Loathing (Page 27)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Alas the factory is no longer available, as it has faded back into the mists of something or other. I don't know if we're going to be able to make ghost pickes on a stick or not anymore *clings greedily to his*. Otherwise the stuff is only good for making spectral pickles and especially salty dogs. And maybe something we haven't learned about yet. But it was nice to see some new stuff today (new to me that is).

As for the quest, you need an effect that you might get from being overcaffeinated, or maybe on a sugar rush...

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
This game is very strange....tlak about a lot of time on your hands... [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if the factory was visible in relation to moon phases ... I hope so. Maybe it'll be back?
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Why on earth do people pay so much for spiderwebs? What are they used for, besides that one little quest in the village?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
That one little quest. They feel like they can scalp newbies, I guess.

Also, I foolishly sold off all my dill. Does anyone have any they'd be willing to share? I could trade something for it... (Still have a lot of vinegar... :/) I feel a fool.

Xposted to clan.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
you will need a spiderweb much later, in the Sorceress's tower, I think.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Supposedly the last time the pickle factory appeared the moons were the same as this time, but there have been several recurrences of that phase combination since during which the factory has not appeared. It might be every fifth recurrence of the phase combo, but nobody knows for sure.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone else been competing in the cake-shaped arena? My baby gravy fairy won an eye-pod.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

My gravy fary won a hypodermic needle.

Damn druggie.... [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

Oh, heck yes, I think I've spent 140 or so adventures there so far. And I've gotten 3 *grumble* lead necklaces, 2 tiny salt shakers for my ST Lime, an eye-pod for my BGF, A magnifying glass for my star Starfish, a tiny balloon knife, and a hypodermic needle for my Mosquito, oh, and chocolate spurs for my Cocoabo and a meat detector for my Leprechaun. I'm still looking for stuff for my goat, my killer bee, my grue, my levitating potato, my stab-bat, my volleyball, my ghost pickle on a stick, my Barrnacle, and my ghuol whelp. Geez, that's a lot of stuff left to get.
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
what's wrong with lead necklaces?

They can help your familiars without items until they get theirs.

oh, and I got 3 eye-pods, two of which i sold for 275000 meat.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

Yes, well, nothing's wrong with them, I just would obviously rather get the familiar specific ones rather than the necklaces over and over again.
dkw
Member # 3264

At least they're useful for any familiar. I keep getting palm frond toupees, and they can't be shared with your other familiars.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Egad! I hadn't connected in over a week, and when I did, I discovered that my meat on hand -- which I'd been saving for a store, so that total was around 42K -- had been reduced to 1300! Eeek! I'm not PVP or anything; is there some automatic meat-culling thing that happens if you don't log in for a while?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's the penguin mafia at work. Seriously, I think Jick put in the penguin mafia to offset the people who exploited the mall.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

If you like, I can replace your meat. I have more than I need right now.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Me too...I just passed 2.4 million... [Big Grin]

I don't remember who loaned me my stake...and the message has been removed.

I could loan you it, or just give it to you if you promise to pass on the favor to another hatracker when you can afford it in the future.

Also, use your collassal closet at your campsite to store your meat. I don't know that the mafia was targeting you (that wasn't a lot of meat) but the campsite can install security measures like a barbed wife fence, so it's a lot more secure than acarrying it on your person.

I used my hatrack login as my character name, so message me if you want my help, OK? Or post it here... [Big Grin]

Kwea

saxon75
Member # 4589

I've got close to 6 million with The Saxon Funk, and about a million on each of my other two characters, so just message me if you'd like me to replace your stolen meat, Tom.
Kwea
Member # 2199

LOL

Well, you got me beat....

He's all yours then....lol...

Jick admitted to putting the mafia in, but he was going after the high rollers....something about them being able to use an exploit and duplicate objects...

[ September 11, 2004, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Beren_one_hand applying for the clan. [Smile]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone got a clue how to make a beertini? They're going for a small fortune in the mall right now.

The ingredients are supposed to be simple - gin and beer. But I can't get the beer to combine with either a bottle of gin OR a martini.

Anyone know the trick?

*Must shamefacedly admit he has amassed over 30 million meat. Not much for the capitalists on KOL, but still a cause for shame. Now I know what it feels like to be Quark - a lesser Ferengi, but still a Ferengi.*

*Hangs head in shame*

*and eagerly awaits answer on beertini*

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

The spoiler site says it issomething that you might get if you work your bartender-in-a-box too hard and he explodes.
sndrake
Member # 4941

Well, I forgot to mention it, but my bartender-in-the-box did explode. It churned out lots of stuff, including the most expensive components for a replacement - 2 beer lenses and and disembodied brain. Really interesting mixed drinks, but no beertinis. [Frown]

I should add that the small (by KOL standards) fortune I've amassed has been gotten by totally legal means - no duplication or cheats. Just keep a lot of stuff handy and watch when certain items go through a period of selling for abnormally high - we're just coming out of a period like that for beer lenses, goggles, and all things bartender. The prices will come down to normal after a bit (I've got unused stuff from similar spikes to prove it), but you can make a ton of meat if you have a decent inventory when the laws of supply and demand go haywire at the mall.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I have a question....how the hell does anyone dupe items?

I DON'T want to do it, but I can't figure out how they did it, or how they would have come across it in the first place...lol...

I have about 3 mill now, all legit.

But I don't think I will get a lot more...,,I'm getting bored...

Kwea

saxon75
Member # 4589

Wait, your bartender-in-the-box can explode?
dkw
Member # 3264

So, do you have to combine stuff to get the killer bee familiar?
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
All you need is a baby bee.
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
I have yet to figure out where the beer lenses come from...
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
The Tavern in the Distant Woods has beer lenses.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

I think I also got a lens on one of the vacations, but I can't remember which resort it was. And it was only once.
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone else had trouble with a disco bandit in the Castle in the Sky?

My guy can't hit anything with his crossbow or with any other weapon I've tried. He misses every single time.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the master
Member # 6788

- posted      Profile for the master   Email the master         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been using the ultra-cheap strategy for that area. The special moves you can buy that do damage always hit. So I just use them, and keep my cocobao familiar with me to randomly restore hp and mp during the battle. Since random is not really often enough to not kill me, I also occassionaly use an entire day's turns collecting pixels to make green pixel potions (restore hp and moxie to full), so that when I get down to a number of hitpoints that is a turn away from death, I can go back to full strength.

This is time intensive, but does the trick.

Posts: 157 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

I've also found the Mafia Arias to be really useful in the Castle in the Sky. By the time any of my characters have gotten there, they've collected a fair amount of these. It's just one more little strategy.
saxon75
Member # 4589

Where do you get things like Mafia Arias and the other mafia-related items like specialty wine and what not?
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I've been doing, but those special moves for the disco bandit suck. My sauceror does 3 or 4 times the damage with his Sauce Geyser and my seal clubber does even more with a weapon.

At least he doesn't take as much damage when they hit him.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Go climb the mountain and beat up Penquins.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

There are penguins on the mountain?
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Mafia Penguins. They invaded.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Well, look at that, there are penguins at the Icy Peak. Gosh, I kind of feel bad for all those starving yetis.
sndrake
Member # 4941

I have a large number of yeti furs - anyone know what the best thing to do with them is, profitwise?
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Trade them for hippo skins and sell them in the market?
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Where do you get Yeti skins?

I had no problem with the disco bandit, I just used my spells, and they always hit.

For a while there I was refilling my HP and MP after almost every battle, though....gotta love tiny houses...

Kwea

Zan
Member # 4888

- posted      Profile for Zan   Email Zan         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeti skins are on the Icy Peak.

What's this about mafia arias being good? They gave me a hernia.

Posts: 221 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

ya gotta wear a support cummerbund when you sing the aria or it will beat you up.
keither
Member # 6681

- posted      Profile for keither   Email keither         Edit/Delete Post 
does anyone have any beer lenses that i can have, i keep breaking my bartender
thanks all
keith [Big Grin]

Posts: 19 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

Sorry, I've been selling all mine for hundreds of thousands of meat. I would advise adventureing at the typical tavern though, I get alot there.

[ September 23, 2004, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I NEVER get any there...weird.

All I get is too drunk to adventure.

Kwea

MEC
Member # 2968

I usually get about 1.5 per ten adventures there, maybe it has something to do with what class your character is.
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
They sure don't make those bartenders like they used to. They don't make very many drinks before they start a huffin and a puffin.
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

I dunno - I think the tavern is more generous to some character classes on some days than others. It could be related to the moons. For example, there are days when both my seal clubber and turtle tamer get only low intoxication points and 2-4 lenses apiece. At the same time, my sauceror and pastamancer will have gone up to 15 points of intoxication in 4 adventures, with no beer lens.

Then on another day, the situation will be the reverse.

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.