FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Kingdom of Loathing (Page 24)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
ok, everyone but MrSquicky is in. Dude, just post here so I can let you in already.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
posted August 05, 2004 11:46 PM
"supposed MrSquicky"?

Why you gotta be all like supposing me? What's next, am I going to be "the so-called MrSquicky"?

I applied, largely because I was led to believe that this is the type of clan that would let me get people drunk, beat them senseless, take their wallets and throw them out on the street. And that you've got a really kickin' pool. Please let me in. I'll make cookies as soon as I can get my EZ Bake Oven from burning everything and trying to take over my body and cast it into the firery depths of hell. Frankly, I wish I'd kept my warranty card.

[ August 05, 2004, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: MrSquicky ]

Just for that, celia, you don't get any cookies.

[ August 10, 2004, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: MrSquicky ]

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
There. I let you in.

Now quit whining. [Razz]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
any day now, that MrSquicky guy is going to post....
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks!
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
UofULawGuy-- My Disco Bandit, Josh the Beekeeper, sent Edaw (?) some meat and materials to make an asbestos crossbow. . .
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
Do I understand correctly that it's kosher to remove items from the clan stash for your own use? If not, I apologize and will return what I can. I took one hell ramen for each of my three characters and a few odds and ends.
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
That is what the Clan Stash is for, and why you need to maintain your Karma level.

You get Karma from odnating stuff to the stash as well, and by donating meat to help pay for expences.

We have to maintain at least some defences on the coumpound in case of being attacked as a Clan.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
What happens if we're attacked? What do they get? I think I read somewhere it has something to do with goody bags, so if we don't have any, there's no point in attacking us. But I don't know that for sure.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

That works, then. I'm kinda short on meat at the moment, but I donated a variety of low-level weapons and armor. Including a bunch of chef's hats, which have a surprisingly high rating.
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
You use them to make chef-in-a-box.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Is anyone around to cast an Elemental Saucesphere around me? I'll love them forever...
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

Ryuko, I'll need 2000 meat for that. I haven't been able to train for it yet.

And I didn't know you could cast one on someone else...

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Ryuko, are you under this name in KoL?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Yes.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

[Big Grin] (love forever)
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Remember this when I get done kicking Saskia's butt in the other game, Ryuko [Wink]
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Ryuko, I can do that, if you'll wait till I get home. Leovinus will be the one to do it, let me know (in game message if possible) who wants the buff. I have no idea how many I can do at the moment, but I used yesterday's mysticality bump to get a ton of Myst points so it is a bunch. Plus we mysticality folks have an item in the store for restoring mana, and it only costs 150 meat (don't know if there's a daily limit on how many you can use or not). So I can do as many as you like if you help me with the cost of those things (I'll do the first one for free, since we get mana restored daily and all, actually I'll do 4 sets free, since we get 500 free meat from the clan).

Hmmm, okay, guess I was a little late. But my offer stands for anyone who needs it. As long as I don't get swamped with requests [Smile]

[ August 11, 2004, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Happy Camper ]

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Thanks, but I am definitely saucesphered. [Smile]

Rakeesh: Don't write checks yo' butt can't cash. [Wink]

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

You're goin' down! *cue wrestling music*

Omigawd, he just called her out! *da-na-na-na*

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey - now that the Clan Stash is filled with over 150 million meat, should some military supplies be purchased? Seems like we are probably sitting ducks if any clan decides to attack us right now.

Of course, I don't really know how clan warfare works, so I am just guessing here.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

Belated thanks to HC and his turtle tamer, Mathais. When I asked him to smith me some turtley stuff, he also through in a free astral shell. I will be coming back to him for all my turtle smith services.

Those dirt engineers are pretty cool guys. [Cool]

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

:/ I think we maybe should. Warfare is becoming big lately. We don't want to get fleeced.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

I have a million Saucesphere!!! [Big Grin]
zgator
Member # 3833

Just how many people granted your request?
Ryuko
Member # 5125

I don't know. How long does the saucesphere last?
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Ten turns per casting at a cost of 3 MP. Very cheap.

Edit: Oh, and I'm gonna drop you like a sack o' dirt!

[ August 11, 2004, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Rakeesh ]

zgator
Member # 3833

1 million adventures it sounds like.
Mabus
Member # 6320

How do you cast a saucesphere on someone other than yourself, anyway? Does it offer targets? I'm baffled here.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

I don't know. I have 323 after about 25 - 40 turns.

So, stop casting it!

Rakeesh: You can't withstand the power of the Saskia!!!

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Defence! Deeee-Fence!
Build de stinking fence!

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Mabus,

You go to the 'skills' link in the upper left, and then type in a player's name as the target, select the skill you want to use, and the number of times to cast, and cast.

This differs from buffs, which can only be used on the casting player.

Saskia,

I pity da fool who relies on the power of Saskia!

Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Saucesphere sounds good... anybody wanna cast it on me? Just tell me how much you spent on goods for mana restoration or whatever and I'll pay you back.

[Edit: Woohoo! New page!]

[ August 11, 2004, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Mr.Funny ]

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Rak, some buffs can be used on other people, too. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. How in the heck do I move the salad?

And what protection do I need to fight the boss bat?

And what's with that text game???

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Narnia, all those questions are answered in the 20plus pages previous.

Tongs.

But nobody has said how to get past the @#$@# mirror in the naughty princess's house.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

The point is, I don't want to sift through the 20plus pages previous!! [Wink]

And where do I get tongs?!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

Dan, it's a matter of what you wear. I think the clue and what I just said should make it fairly obvious.

And Narnia, I think that's Degrassi knoll, but it's been a while.

Edit- It was Dan, I said Dan dang it. Nobody ever said Tom. You must have been hallucinating.

[ August 11, 2004, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Happy Camper ]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
What's a matter of what you wear? When did I last talk? *blink*
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

See now, that's confusing. I already have the Knoll tongs and they don't seem to work. What am I missing? I'm trying everything....

and how do I get through the bat guano? [Wink]

*looks through gazillion pages of thread to find the answers she seeks*

Ryuko
Member # 5125

You have to have them equipped.
Narnia
Member # 1071

[Blushing]

Thanks Abby!

Ryuko
Member # 5125

[Big Grin]

Also, I am going to kill something if I get another "Breath Spray of Sneaky Pete" in the Daily Dungeon. I ONLY HAVE ONE KEY! ONE!!!

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Who does a person have to bribe around here to get into the clan?

Belle00 a level 4 Sauceror
ElvenWench a level 4 Turtle Tamer
Elronds Handmaiden a level 4 Pastamancer

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

That would be me.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Nania, use an airfreshener to get through the guano.
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
Or an Asshat - combine 2 bumcheeks.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Adrian,

You should message one or more of the following characters in the game-they're not on very much anymore, since they've been playing for awhile. I'm beginning to tucker out of the game, too [Wink]

porteiro_head
weasel sootmouth
Caal

They're the people that can get your characters accepted into the clan. Make sure you've had them each specifically apply and confirm their application for membership.

J4

zgator
Member # 3833

Thanks Jeff. Way to spoil things for me.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Hey, I just love screwing you over, Zan [Razz] Need I remind you (even if I don't, I think I will anyway) of our Mafia game?

Mwahaha!

[Evil Laugh]

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.