FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If you wanted to date ANY Hatracker who would it be? (Page 6)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: If you wanted to date ANY Hatracker who would it be?
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Other than my wife, I think a night on the town with Kama would be fun.

If I were gay, Jebus would be my first choice, I'm afraid.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, my. Didn't Mack pick Jebus as well? The implications are to be taken off this forum, for sure.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Tell me about it!
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh. That could be interesting.

You will take pictures, I hope.

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Nooooooooooooooo!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elizabeth:
"This is like the Hatrack version of passing notes in class about the cute new kid or the hot substitute teacher or something, innit it?"

Yes, and, as silly and pathetic as it is, it still makes me feel bad that no one wants to pretend date me.

Oh, Elizabeth! You pun! You garden! I would totally date you if you were gay and I were too!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I just realized I have already asked a Hatracker on a date. [Smile]

That would be Ophelia(Lindsay). Asked her Saturday night, right in front of her squeeze. She said, "Hey Ben, Olivia just asked me out on a date." He said, "Oh. Cool."

All I really said was, "Hey, Lindsay! You, me, The Island."

Can't get my Beloved to go to Ewan McGregor movies with me. Afraid he might accidentally catch a flash of Wee Ewan, I think.

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Choobak: sweet, french, what more could you want?

[Smile]

quote:
Yes, and, as silly and pathetic as it is, it still makes me feel bad that no one wants to pretend date me.
me too.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Oooh, Katie, Kung Fu Hustle was a great movie! I think you would love it, in fact. It's violent but the violence is rather cartoonlike and playful, for the most part. And t6he movie is funny and sweet. Its heart is in the right place.

I had the most fantastic date to that movie, in fact, with two really awesome hatrackers, BunnV and Grisha. Oh and we also saw Finding Nemo and H2G2 that same day so it's like I had six dates all in one day. (I guess that makes up for having none for months before that.)

Thanks to everyone who said they would date me. Y'all are very sweet. [Blushing]

[ July 13, 2005, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: Tatiana ]

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

quote:
Me three... sorta.

It's like "HEY!!! Oh look, a butterfly...."

Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
T, you're taken. Plus, you're taken by a close personal friend. Even pretending to covet you is beyond my personal taboos.

I mean, I'm married, so all men besides my Beloved are taboo, but the Beloved of a fellow Wench? That's DOUBLE taboo.

I'm totally programmed to look upon the husbands of my friends with less interest than I would a pizza that had been licked by a dog.

It's nothing personal. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

LOL, I know. Thats what I figured, and why it's only sorta.

Like "Hey, I'm not on the cool list! Wait a second, I'm already in the club."

And for future record, if the dog only licked 2 slices, that means there are still at least 4 slices left on a small pizza that are still good. But I think thats just the optimist in me.

Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
If platonic counts, I HAVE gone on many dates with ElJay. [Smile]

[Taunt]

Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I3 has a good point. Of course, it made me realize that I've been to several movies with ElJay this summer, sometimes with dinner as well. But I think that still manages to not count. Because ick.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elizabeth:
Megan, the "swing" is not stopping Ela and me. Join us! We will send The Kidnapping Victim(Ela's husband) to my husband's restaurant while we have our date.

[ROFL]

And I would like to point out that the only people who picked me are two women. [Razz] ...both of whom I would go out with in a heartbeat. [Wink]

I really don't care for popularity threads either, but I have been finding this thread rather amusing. [Razz]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Farmgirl:

..I mean, really! Who wants to go out with someone who is more perfect than you in everyway?

Heck, she could probably even beat most of these guys in an arm wrestle!

[Wink]

I could definitely beat some of these punks in an arm wrestle. I'm telling myself that's why none of them came out in support of the idea of dating me. Or me dating them.

So alone... [Cry]

[Wink]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Intelligence3:
If platonic counts, I HAVE gone on many dates with ElJay. [Smile]

[Taunt]

If trips riding in the car for several hours, a henna party, and a surreptitious dropoff at her work building count, then I have as well.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
At least I don't have to fight with Jon Boy over hatrack's most elegible bachelor anymore. He'd always win in the end when all the chicks found out he was Mormon. Bastard.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just waiting for the day I'll catch Jon Boy making some mistake in his language...
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But if I had to choose, it would be Punwit. He puns, he drinks, and, well, he looks like OSC
Liz, A date with you would be an absolute blast! The funny part is that even a platonic date between us would be filled with giggling and groaning. And what a perfect place for a couple of punsters to start thier date: The Moan and Dove. YOu make the top of my list as well. It's tough to beat the combination of: wit, compassion, and a healthy appreciation of beer.

[Hat]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
appreciation of beer
Beer is for 30+ year old Amer... Oh, right.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
Oh. I forgot about that. [Blushing] Still, there was no pinching. He just made sure I didn't go through the window when you took the corners at fifty miles an hour.

Aww...I miss Noah. Where is he?

*sigh* I knew I should be worried about opening this thread.

I don't pinch. It's never been my style. Only loving caresses from me, and only when it's asked for.

Tickling though, I sometimes do.

And I wrestled with T once. That was very sexual, and by sexual I mean not at all.

Oh, and serenading by singing and playing guitar. THAT's my style.

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaylee
Member # 8362

- posted      Profile for Kaylee           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like no one's lining up to date me. Wash, tell me I'm pretty.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"I3 has a good point. Of course, it made me realize that I've been to several movies with ElJay this summer, sometimes with dinner as well. But I think that still manages to not count. Because ick."

Well, it would sure make for a good John Irving novel, though, Enigmatic.

You know, I am feeling better. I have quite a group date going on. It is like those "dates" we had in middle school, where thirty people would go to the movies.

The thing is, I shudder at the truth of dating. I have not had to do so for twenty years, and even then, it was more about getting drunk at a frat party and kissing someone. I don't know how people do it, and I can totally see why Internet dating services have become so popular.

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can see that. Maybe its because I lurk more than I post. Maybe its because I'm intimidating or arrogant. Hmmm

Maybe its because people are still confused about my gender.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Nah, it's just that everyone knows you are too darned fast to catch, Rabbit.
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Megan, the "swing" is not stopping Ela and me. Join us! We will send The Kidnapping Victim(Ela's husband) to my husband's restaurant while we have our date.
Ok, cool! [Big Grin] I'm going to have a date with Elizabeth AND Ela...at the same time! W00t! All of hatrack will envy me.

Of course, my non-hatrack husband's response will be, "Be sure to take pictures!"

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth:

quote:
Ian wrote: "Well, I guess you were right, then."

I was not implying that the thread is silly and pathetic, but that it is silly and pathetic that I still feel like the last person picked for the dance. So, let me insult myself, OK? I don;t need anyone's help.

I'm sorry I didn't see this yesterday. My comments were not directed at you. They were directed at Jonathan. He said that I'd never be able to guess. When I did and was wrong I was telling him that and I would never be able to guess.

I'm sorry if you thought I was being a jerk or something.

If it helps, no one's put me down. But I lurk a lot and mostly make lame comments about Star Wars or answer questions or criticize OSC unfairly. Not very funny, I'm afraid.

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Sorry, IanO, that context thing gets me every time.

Do you mean no one's put you down as in insulted you, or no one's put you down on their list?

If the latter, you are certainly welcome on our group pretend date.

If the former, then here you go: "You lout!"

IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm. That's a tough one. [Wink]
Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Icky, I do agree with you. I haven't answered in this thread at all for that reason.

Sort of the equivelent of Dr. Doug Ross always making sure he's working on Valentine's Day.

Noah: You are always a perfect gentleman, I know. Taalcon doesn't understand you, I think. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raia:
quote:
And Raia, what happened to your last one from Kentucky? Dumped, AGAIN?

You've got to compromise on someone.

Wait, I said your alias, does that technically mean I earn a double-smile, even if you were discarded?

Jonathan dear, what on earth are you talking about?
I was wondering that too, could he have possibly meant me? [Dont Know]
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe i should post more often.

:::thinks about it then fades back into the background again.:::

[Blushing] [Hail]

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan Howard:
I'm just waiting for the day I'll catch Jon Boy making some mistake in his language...

You have to know enough to recognize a mistake when you see it. [Wink]
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
In the spirit of all things awkward, this just might be a good place to let slip slyly here that I broke up with Hobbes.

I am an official black widow now. The moral of the story is: it is a very dangerous thing to flatter the Annie.

That said, maybe I'll do some flattering of my own. I've always had secret internet crushes on the likes of Taalcon, Corwin, Choobak, and Eduardo.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

[Frown] I wish you could have just said that you and Hobbes aren't together. Details aren't necessary.

Well, Taalcon's single and Mormon. Go for him.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Annie:
I am an official black widow now.

You broke up with him? or you killed and ate him?

Off the subject, I saw someone who looked just like you on the plane to Atlanta from DFW on 5 July... but she said she wasn't you. It was weird.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Sorry, Kat. I suppose my self-deprecating flippancy is also rather cruel. [Frown]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*shrug* When you crush somenone's heart, it's not good to brag about it after. It makes recruiting the next victim much more difficult.
Tatiana
Member # 6776

quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
quote:
I can see that. Maybe its because I lurk more than I post. Maybe its because I'm intimidating or arrogant. Hmmm

Maybe its because people are still confused about my gender.

Maybe it's because of your big nasty teeth! [Big Grin] But if any of these newbies had seen the "Ask Dr. Rabbit" thread, they'd all be smiiten for sure! I know I still am! [Smile]
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to hear that, for both of you. I hope it was amicable and wish both of you well.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Kat, I liked your 3:09 post a lot more before the unlabeled edit.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Do we really need to make a thing of this here? Shouldn't this be the kind of thing that's taken to email? I doubt that Annie or Hobbes acted maliciously, no matter how things are perceived right now. Discussing it angrily in public is not the way to keep things that way.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
^^^^^^

Indeed.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
some post go boom.
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
One one hand, it's sad to see two wonderful people like Annie and Hobbes unhappy.

On the other, we don't have to watch the kisses and hugs and bullcrap.

I'm torn. [Razz]

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since I've actually been dating him for the past two and a half years, I'd have to say Black Fox [Big Grin] .

Otherwise... ::laughs:: after three years here, some of the people I can think of don't even post anymore!

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Very amicable. I feel bad for my own actions more than anything else.

Is this the kind of thing I should delete from the thread? I'm having problems with the public levels of information here.

Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's in here in too many posts to delete easilly. We're all grown-ups - it was a slip that was acknowledged. We can move on, no?

Back to the gossip mill that is Hatrack... [Big Grin] .

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
While we're spilling secrets, I guess I'll say that I'm not dating kat any more.

Nor any less. We still only hang out a couple times a year.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.