FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Alright, I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours (Page 6)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Alright, I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours
Jeffrey Getzin
Member # 1972

- posted      Profile for Jeffrey Getzin           Edit/Delete Post 
Like I always say, "a man without ducks is a like a man without turtles."

Posts: 1692 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
All right Jeff, I'll acquiese to the better man. When you try to take on her boyfriend, I want to see the match. I'm sure it would be a heck of a fight, and I know it's possible because I have seen the Parent Trap.

Edit:
I laughed for a half hour when that pic of Australia popped up. *still chuckling*

[This message has been edited by Irami Osei-Frimpong (edited October 14, 2001).]

Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeffrey Getzin
Member # 1972

Irami,

You da man!

I nearly died when Buckingham Palace popped up! (BTW, did you ever see "Cool Runnings"?)

Jeff

Posts: 1692 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TooTrueTroubs
Member # 956

- posted      Profile for TooTrueTroubs   Email TooTrueTroubs         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, well - I'll tell you how to find mine:

1_go to:

http://www.rsvp.com.au

2) It's important for your continued survival that you don't laugh right now.*G*

3)log in as a guest.

4) Do a search

5) Search for TheNewTooTrue

BTW - Claudia Therese - Can't wait to see yours! *L*

Bonduca - you the babe!

Posts: 328 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
aw, I wish I was an Aussie...
Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haunted
Member # 1869

- posted      Profile for Haunted   Email Haunted         Edit/Delete Post 
::looks at getzin's picts::

::looks at bonduca's bf's bad form::

::blinks twice::

that indeed... would be an interesting fight

::will have have more picts of himself (in a good clothes no less) in a bit::

Posts: 360 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Otaku
Member # 1722

- posted      Profile for Otaku   Email Otaku         Edit/Delete Post 
TTT, I laughed, what is gonna happen to me now?

[This message has been edited by Otaku (edited October 14, 2001).]

Posts: 1348 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait! Is Jeff gonna fight himself?

Martha, I forgot to mention, I love your costuming...and you're pretty cute too.

Snowden, your house, vehicle, etc pics made me laugh out loud.

Jeff, love your private island pic, too.

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeffrey Getzin
Member # 1972

Ok, ok, you guys goaded me enough. I finally had a face off with that loser boyfriend of Bonduca's.

At first, it was just a battle of machismo. As you can see, I had the upper hand.

Soon, word turned to deeds and the fight proper ensued.

It got pretty rough.

Not to mention savage.

Even when he
brought out the weapons, I wasn't particularly worried.

But when he decided to have his friends join in, I admit I was slightly concerned.

Jeff

P.S. These photos were shot after a workout and a nap, so don't expect a glamorous hair cut.

bonduca
Member # 2011

- posted      Profile for bonduca   Email bonduca         Edit/Delete Post 
(am v. impressed with Mr. Getzin's fighting skills....and fearlessness)

ps - nice clones!

Posts: 4494 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haunted
Member # 1869

a suggestion from the prince of darkness: you might want to throw an index.html into http://users.erols.com/getzinj/ unless you don't mind people just browsing through your entire site structure. I personally don't like people seeing what i don't specifically let them see so i always drop a blank index into (most of) my site dir.
Posts: 360 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haunted
Member # 1869

oh by the way, as a theater tech, let me say that i'm impressed at the rack that you have sitting in your house

you own more audio equipment than most the djs i know concider me envious

Ronin
Member # 1749

- posted      Profile for Ronin           Edit/Delete Post 
all I have to say about jeff's audio/video equip is this: DAMN!

Nice setup

Posts: 1896 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Here I am in my native environment, last month.

This is me two years ago - not that you can really tell.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeffrey Getzin
Member # 1972

>a suggestion from the prince of darkness:
> you might want to throw an index.html into
> http://users.erols.com/getzinj/ unless you
> don't mind people just browsing through
> your entire site structure. I personally
> don't like people seeing what i don't
> specifically let them see so i always
> drop a blank index into (most of) my site
> dir.

*sigh* Yeah, you're right. I kept meaning to do it, and somehow the days turned into years. I've added one now. Thanks for the reminder. Sometimes I need a small kick in the butt to get motivated.

>oh by the way, as a theater tech, let me
> say that i'm impressed at the rack that
> you have sitting in your house
>
>you own more audio equipment than most the
> djs i know concider me envious

Thank you. I've spent a heck of a lot of time and money putting that system together.

In fact, this very evening I've been spending the last few hours re-equalizing the entire setup. Basically, the process is to measure with an RTA, adjust with the equalizer, and then measure with the RTA again. Keep repeating until it's "as good as it's going to get." What a hassle!

Jeff

Jeffrey Getzin
Member # 1972

Ronin,

Thank you!

Jeff

JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff, I am also very impressed with your fighting skills.

TTT, I laughed too. What happens to the people who laugh?

Oh, and I would like to cast my vote for Jeff and Bonduca as Most Beautiful Hatrack Couple.

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeffrey Getzin
Member # 1972

Seeing as I think we're the only Hatrack couple, I'll vote for us, too.

Jeff

Ronin
Member # 1749

- posted      Profile for Ronin           Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for me!
Posts: 1896 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff, you and bonduca are not the only Hatrack couple - there are at least two others (that I know of).

Your fight pics had me laughing out loud.

bonduca, better keep an eye on that guy.

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

Ronin, are you a couple?
Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TooTrueTroubs
Member # 956

- posted      Profile for TooTrueTroubs   Email TooTrueTroubs         Edit/Delete Post 
Empty Threat, I'm afraid, Otaku and JaneX - unless, of course, you posed a pic of your own.. in which case you might very shortly find *your* image on that very same site.... *weg*
Posts: 328 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
TooTrue, you are so normal and pleasant-looking! Gee whiz, buddy, I had you pegged as sort of dire/eccentric, not GQ. *big grin*

Irami, you, on the other hand, are just as I'd pictured you. (And that is a compliment.) Keep plugging for the older women if you choose, dude -- they will come running.

(Unfortunately, I am not Katherine Hepburnish. Later today when I'm off-call I'll track down a Kinko's & post these sorry-looking "Happy Kitty Photo Booth" pictures. Don't get your hopes up -- remember, I'm known to be quite charming in person. In person. )

DO I have this right -- Jeff and bonduca really are a couple in RL? Way cool! (You guys totally rock.)

[This message has been edited by ClaudiaTherese (edited October 15, 2001).]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TooTrueTroubs
Member # 956

ClaudiaTherese, I'll post a pic tomorrow which may conform more to your expectations.. *L*

Gee.. I've never been called "normal" before - I only took that pic because a female friend convinced me that if I smiled in a picture, it wouldn't be an altogether bad thing, and in fact that chicks might just dig it... *L*

[This message has been edited by TooTrueTroubs (edited October 15, 2001).]

Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
All right, all you sappy bastards. Here's my pic for the whole world to see. Okay, it's not a momentous event. But here:

http://www.khavanon-pix.cityslide.com/albums/album_thumbnails.cfm/958036/76286

Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeffrey Getzin
Member # 1972

CT, yup, you have it right!

Jeff

Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
Claudia, how could I ever hope to compete against your husband and a gaggle of toddlers for your affection. Especially since I can only offer this.

To tell the truth, Claudia, my eyes and mind are so full of appreciation of your wit, candor, style, and grace that you could look like Igor from so many bad Frankenstein movies-- all of which I am sure Jeff could name-- and I would still see Katherine Hepburn. Okay, maybe Amy Irving.

You spend your days healing kids and cleaning out ear wax. You are already beautiful, dear.

Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeffrey Getzin
Member # 1972

>Claudia, how could I ever hope to compete
> against your husband and a gaggle of
> toddlers for your affection. Especially
> since I can only offer this.

Ah, so that's who bought it. You see, I had sold it on eBay to scrape up enough cash to buy something a bit larger ...

>To tell the truth, Claudia, my eyes and
> mind are so full of appreciation of your
> wit, candor, style, and grace that you
> could look like Igor from so many bad
> Frankenstein movies-- all of which I am
> sure Jeff could name

Do you want them in alphabetic or chronological order?

>-- and I would still see Katherine Hepburn.
> Okay, maybe Amy Irving.

>You spend your days healing kids and
> cleaning out ear wax. You are already
> beautiful, dear.

Awww, that's sweet, Irami. You're a class guy. (And you're a class gal, CT!)

Jeff

bonduca
Member # 2011

I am convinced CT is being too modest. She is, after all, an Uberwench. And she's already won us over with her charm and wit (not to mention bravery - I don't know if I could face a "Happy Kitty Photo Booth" without flinching)

Posts: 4494 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Otaku
Member # 1722

- posted      Profile for Otaku   Email Otaku         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Empty Threat, I'm afraid, Otaku and JaneX - unless, of course, you posed a pic of your own.. in which case you might very shortly find *your* image on that very same site.... *weg*

*gasp* I don't understand what *weg* means, but it sounds serious....

Posts: 1348 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TooTrueTroubs
Member # 956

Claudia Therese - is this more what you expected? *G*

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/tootruetroubs/lst?.dir=/Troubadour+Pics&.view=t

And yep - those are my actual glasses - not sunglasses....

[This message has been edited by TooTrueTroubs (edited October 15, 2001).]

TooTrueTroubs
Member # 956

Otaku - see where your ignorance of other cultures gets you? If you were Australian, your dire peril would be immediately obvious... as it stands... poor, poor Otaku...
martha
Member # 141

TTT, you look like a buddhist monk. Okay, so maybe it's something about the shaved head and wearing red... I agree with your friend who said you should smile.
Haunted
Member # 1869

::throws a ham at irami::
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i'm impressed at the rack that you have sitting in your house.

You going to let him get away with that comment Bonduca???

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bonduca
Member # 2011

I certainly hope he's referring to home theatre equipment.

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
The Brazil hates us thread got me going down memory lane, so I scanned some pix from my mission trip and a few from college and my wedding. But better than half of them look like X-rays, and I don't know why.

There's one of Ron, but the really good one of him when we met is all black. I put up the "giant picture of my head" that I talked about in the embarrassing moments thread, but it is also negative.

You can, however , see my lovely mom and papa. Even in her mid 50's, mom's knockout, as you can see.
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/oliviafowler/lst?&.dir=/Brazil+Mission&.src=ph&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/oliviafowler/lst%3f.dir=/Brazil%2bMission%26.src=ph

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bonduca
Member # 2011

Hey, Parker's mom is a knockout!

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Watch out with tha Parker Posey thing, Bonduca.

What about the hubby? I guess t doesn't matter what other folks think of him as long as I could gleefully spread him on a plate and sop him up with a biscuit.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bonduca
Member # 2011

All I could see is his nose. But it's a nice nose.
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
*goggles at CT, who manages to be beautiful, intelligent AND save lives all day...*

(I, on the other hand, am doing good if I frighten no babies, say nothing idiotic and injure no bystanders during my day...)

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
TooTrue, you are most fetching either way! By "normal" I just meant so clean-cut, guy-next-doorish. The second picture, though also most attractive, has more of the brooding intensity I'd pictured. *twinkling smile*

Khavanon, a pleasure to meet you.

Irami, Irami, Irami ... were I not absolutely and completely smitten with my beloved spouse, your utter charm would have me captivated. (Can you be this witty, this intelligent, this well-spoken and such an attractive man?) But my friend, I say with the utmost sincerity: you will make some woman very, very happy. And I am honored among women to call you friend. *warm hug*

(Now I'm going away for awhile -- all this fuss is rather scary. And work calls again, yet more gunky ears to dig and stitches to sew. A pleasure indeed to meet you all! )

[Lissande: how sweet! You ought to follow me around some day -- bumbling isn't even the word.]

[This message has been edited by ClaudiaTherese (edited October 15, 2001).]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bonduca
Member # 2011

(sees picture and realizes CT is even sillier about her appearance than Bonduca)
ROFL!! CT, you wretch, you are lovely! You obviously are in need of an eye exam (and you a doctor, shame on you)

I'm proud to claim you as an Uberwench.

[This message has been edited by bonduca (edited October 15, 2001).]

Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

*smiles kindly* Has anyone ever told you look like Katherine Hepburn with a slight hint of Amy Irving.
bonduca
Member # 2011

Wouldn't she look nice with her hair up, in that black velvet dress Katherine Hepburn wore in "Holiday?"

(hopes Irami's blood pressure can take it)

TooTrueTroubs
Member # 956

ClaudiaTherese - listen to Bonduca! *L* Your hesitation in making your pics available is completely unwarranted!

And thanks for your kind words on my photos - note that I can't just put up a simple photo? I have to play with it - my way of trying to distract people from the actual picture itself... *L*

Martha: Thank you too - and your costumes are fantastic!! And you look great in them!

Well, wish me luck - I've got a date coming up on thursday with a lass I contacted from that first site where my original pic was - so hopefully she'll find me as attractive as you yanks seem to..

Khavanon
Member # 929

Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
ha, howdy, web web webber head!

twinky, i love the one of just eyes peeking out and hair sticking up. you remind me of a dear, dear friend.
c.t., you are so beautiful.
nuff said.

and to everyone else i haven't gotten around to complimenting yet--believe me, you deserve many.

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

ha, howdy, ell ell ellis head!

(Hmm, that doesn't work as well as webber head.)

Marce al'Meara
Member # 1027

- posted      Profile for Marce al'Meara   Email Marce al'Meara         Edit/Delete Post 
*takes a deep breath*

That's me!

http://gmontem.virtualave.net/pics/g1/denver/CRW_3688.jpg

And this, too, asking, "Are you flexible?"

http://gmontem.virtualave.net/pics/g1/denver/CRW_3717.jpg

A friend, George, came to town a few weeks ago and we went to an anime convention together. The first pic is me in the cafeteria on my campus, soaking up sunlight. The second is actually at NDK (luckily my nametag is obscured), showing off for the cameraman.

Posts: 1248 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.