FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » RotK/ Hatrack PARTAAAAY ('WenchCon') Last minute stuff (Page 10)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: RotK/ Hatrack PARTAAAAY ('WenchCon') Last minute stuff
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I am staying Sunday night as well.

I wanna room with mack and Ophelia. There's room for me with them, right?

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely! [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
::is staying sunday night::
::is leaving on a plane at 9:55 monday morning::

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
We're staying Sunday night, Hobbes.

Sone fencing news: We've got one right handed foil, and an extra mask. Ken's gonna ask one more fencing buddy, to see if he can get another. THat would bring our total up three, which isn't exactly the best number for fencing, but it'll do.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys should know that I will be getting there fairly late. I will have to drive, and I can't start before Saturday morning at 6--I have to work Friday night.

I think it's worth it to meet Mack, so long as I can find the place.

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
So, will you need a room? I'm sure somebody would love to have an extra person to split a room with Saturday night.

kwsni-- THat is Fabulous! So much fun, so little time.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I called in and asked if Apostle had reserved a room (I found out his last name). They said they didn't have one reserved under that name.

I went ahead and asked them to put a room down under "Computer Companion" (I even checked twice just to make sure he was doing that) under my name for Jan 16-19th.

They even gave me a spiffy confirmation number.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

Yeah, I will need a room for Saturday night.

I have called and made my reservation. The guy I talked to had a foreign accent...I hope he understood me properly about being with the group.

[ January 08, 2004, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Maccabeus ]

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
w00t! This makes it semi-official! [Wink] [Smile] When are you getting in Nate?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

3:53 pm, although Mack and myself are going to see if we can meet up at the air port. We get there around the same time.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Isn't Ophelia getting in about that time, too?
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Nate, do you fly through Phoenix, AZ? I think we may be on the same flight. Mark and I get in the same time.

I'm also trying to keep this as updated as possible. Make it simple to check who's coming in when. www.joshgalvez.com

[ January 09, 2004, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: Zevlag ]

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like I'll be coming too

:wonders what he's getting into [Angst] :

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Mwa-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Yay! Taal's coming! [Smile]

CT is flying in from Madison after work, so she'll be arriving between 8 and 9 pm.

Looks like there is a cluster coming in between 3:30 and 4:30, so if it's okay, I'll get you guys at 430. Jamie is the first to arrive and I know what she looks like, so if T and Ophelia can find her and wait for me, that will be great.

Zev-- thank you so much for that table! It makes it so easy to keep track. [Smile]

xnera, when are you flying in?

Hobbes
Member # 433

When, exactly, do I need to be ready to go in Kokomo?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

By the way Zev, my name is Hobbes. Or at least that's really what everyone calls me at Hatrack get togethers.

(If you do feel some sort of compulsion to get my name you could always check the acknolwedgments of Crystal City but I really do go by Hobbes).

Hobbes [Smile]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Josh, indeed I do.

From SLC to Phoenix:
America West Flight 841
7:30 am - 9:12 am

From Phoenix to Atlanta:
America West Flight 610
10:17 am - 3:53 pm

[ January 09, 2004, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Zev, you can put me in the "no" column. [Smile]

'Cause, y'know, going to wenchcon would mean I'd get mugged, abducted, beaten, shot, raped, and murdered, according to the Powers that Rule (aka: parents). And going without permission will get me kicked out of the family! O_o

Well, have fun, guys!

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, if you've got a family that controlling, I'm not all that sure it's a bad idea to get out of it.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Alas, I am a slave to the health insurance.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

T, most likely the same flight Mark and I will be on! cool.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Jatraqueros have to sit in the back of the plane. They have a section for us.
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Myr:
I'd let you in my family, but you'd get soooo lost and never heard from again.

and... my family is crazy too.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Just to calm my own paranoia down, could you check to see if the hotel has the boys room (under Novak) reserved under the "computer companion" dealio?
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
mack coerced me to take a flight that gets in around 3:45, so yeah, I'll be meeting the clump at the airport at that time.
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

ok, from what Jenny and i talked bout the other day, we'll be getting in about 8oclockish, depending on traffic, and how long lunch with Celia takes. [Big Grin]

no new news on fencing stuff, I'm afraid, but ken's working on it.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
ak: [Wink] I'll miss ya in our corner of the bus.

Olivia is very, very cool. [Big Grin] All Hail the Olivet!

[Wave] ni!

[ January 10, 2004, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

Why am I listed as not confirmed? I thought I confirmed my reservation.
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
ni, if you see me online, grab me. we need to work out my schedule. and every time i think about it, you aren't on. [Razz]
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

Maccabeus, if you want I can mark it confirmed, I've just been waiting 'til Olivia actually said she saw it at the hotel as part of the group.

[ January 10, 2004, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Zevlag ]

Maccabeus
Member # 3051

Feel free to wait. From what you said in Chat, I think I misunderstood what you meant by confirmed.
Olivet
Member # 1104

If you have a confirmation number, you're confirmed. [Smile] I don't know your name, so I can't ask the hotel if they have a reservation in it, but I'm sure you're fine.

The block has been freed up now, though I'm pretty sure they'd give anybody a discount if they said they were with the group, anyway. They need the business, and so far the hotel is empty except for us (though THere will be some there that are not with us, probably, when the actual date arrives).

Um, for everyone coming in in the late-day clump, I have a problem. See, I'll have my kids, so I won't have room for everyone unless Ron gets off early or something, and he won't know if he CAN until that day. Mobo might be able to take a couple of you, too. That would work. The other option is that you could all pile ina cab and share the fare, but I hope that will not be necessary.

Those of you who are flying in and don't already have my cell phone number, please email me so I can send it to you. [Smile]

Edited for weather info:
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/30189?lswe=30189&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared

Right now the highs look to be in the 40s, with lows ranging from the teens to the 20s. There is a chance of snow. [Angst]

Last year it was cool but sunny and pleasant, but this year it might be a wee bit on the BRRR side. Understand, of course, that the forcast could change a lot between now and then.

So, like, PRAY? [Smile]

[ January 10, 2004, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Olivet ]

JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Ack. How am I supposed to wear my Sam costume in 20-degree weather? And how are we supposed to drive home in the snow? [Eek!]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

IF there is snow (and the chances are currently not high) Atlanta almost never has snow that amounts to anything, so I wouldn't worry about the driving.

As to the Sam Costume, I'd say wear layers. Body suits or whatever underneath and stuff. It usually doesn't get this cold here, and there's a good chance it will blow over. It was in the 70s a week ago.

narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Don;t worry, Jane, dearie. Both your mother and I have driven in the snow before. (Well, i'm just assuming your mother has, but I would be extremely surprised if she hasn't, all things considered.)
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Wow, 40 degrees is WARM.
kwsni
Member # 1831

just was i was thinking, mack.

it's supposed to be seven below here tonight. BRR

Ni!

mackillian
Member # 586

I mean, hell. Tomorrow it's supposed to get up to 22 degrees and we're all EXCITED about it.
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh you poor, poor things! My heart goes out to you. Wintertime here is far too cold and dark for me. I keep dreaming of moving south. Guyaquil had such gorgeous weather, friendly people, low cost of living. So long as they have broadband, what would I be missing? Long summer days is all I can think of, but summer temperatures all year long would more than compensate for that. (Well, and my family, of course, but I could come home for visits). Guyaquil has a lot going for it. I always remember that around this time of year. [Smile]
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

My concern is for the Floridian contingent. I mean, my poor sister-in-law came up to Athens for college with a few long sleeved shirts and a jacket, thinking she'd be fine since Georgia was still considered the deep south and all. She was in for a rude awakening.

Now, we lived in Chicagoland for a while, so this area is like Bermuda or something by comparison (Bermuda does get cold, er, well, chilly, but I don't think they get freezes).

Anyway, the secret is layers. Undershirts, body suits, tights, etc. We can buy our tickets to the movie over the internet (as soon as stupid Moviefone lists times for that day *grumble*) so we shouldn't have to stand outside for long.

It's supposed to be almost 50 today, so maybe it is actually getting warmer.

mackillian
Member # 586

Shorts weather! [Big Grin]
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I was planning to cab it that night anyway, and I'd be happy to have anyone tag along that wants to. I arrive at local time 9pm on Delta #2023. Any takers?

(All I expect in compensation is either witty conversation or stony, awkward silence. [Wink] )

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I checked, and a cab from the airport would be about $70.00. The limo service the hotel uses is $40.00 plus five for each additional person.

Five people in the limo would be $60.00, and would probably be more comfortable than a cab, and cheaper, too.

CT has already had me make arrangements for it for her. If anyone else wants to do that at a different time, lemme know.

Olivet
Member # 1104

What's everyone's beverage preferences? (Coke products vs Pepsi products, teas, etc.?)

I plan on having a variety, but knowing what y'all like would help. [Smile]

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm normally pretty beverage agnostic as far as soft drinks go, but my sister has asked I boycott Coke (the company has been exploiting water supplies in her region of India, draining them so badly some villages don't have enough water), so my preference in soft drinks is pepsi.

I like a good tea, though, green or black. Earl Grey or any of the gunpower teas are good, for instance.

And hot chocolate is great too [Smile] .

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Drinks: Water, milk, juice, hot tea! (Do you want me to bring some stuff from my garden? If so, tell me now so I can make sure to remember the tea balls!)

Foods: Must be plenty of protein for hypoglycemic me.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, yes. Milk!

And juice, juice is good too.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I don't suppose anyone can recommend a good book or video to teach me some interpretive dance?

I'm a coke guy, btw. [Smile]

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.