FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » RotK/ Hatrack PARTAAAAY ('WenchCon') Last minute stuff (Page 8)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: RotK/ Hatrack PARTAAAAY ('WenchCon') Last minute stuff
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoo-hoo! Hot tub! I will be sure to pack my swimsuit!
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Only the wenches? [Frown]

Actually, I don't think I have a swim suit that fits me anyways.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Honorary Wenches, too! Find yourself a cheap set of trunks before the Con, and jump on in!
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I hope it's over 60 degrees Jenny. [Taunt] [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
It's in a relitively small, glassed-in room. Nice and warm.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I am SO not wearing a swimsuit.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

[Eek!]

Hobbes [Smile]

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am SO not wearing a swimsuit.
mack, I am sure you look better in a swimsuit than many of us...definitely better than me, and I'm bringing mine. [Razz]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I'm not sure Annie's going to approve of me going on this trip anymore. [No No]

Hobbes [Smile]

ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
So, mac, you are on record as being in favor of swimsuitless hot-tubbing?
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I promise that, for my part, the hot-tubbing will not be a salacious event. ("Hello, I'm Olivia and this is Whitey, my giant @$$")

I cannot speak for Jenny, though, as she'd be hot(non-temperature sense) in a meat locker.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
You know I've realized I now have that weekend mentally blocked out in my mind for WenchCon. I need to get through the end of the year to make sure finances are in the shape I think they will be before I can make a 100% committment,

but I'd say I'm close to 90% right now, which means I'm gonna need some roommies.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
AJ, how can we knock out that 10% and make it 100% chance that you're coming? [Razz]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Yah, we can do that, we just have to move the cabinets.

Ohh my gosh, did I just quote a chick-flick!?! [Eek!]

Hobbes [Smile]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
That takes you one step further to being a metrosexual, Hobbes. [Wink]

And ak, NO! [Eek!] I meant that I wasn't going in a hot tub because it would require being in a swimsuit. o_O

Olivia, do I need to reserve a hotel room or what?

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Hot in a meat locker? I guess, if you find corpses alluring.

Mack, no one's going to be staring at your body. We're going to be up to our necks in bubbles. And you can bring a fluffy bathrobe for when you get out. On the other hand, if you are really self-conscious, you might be able to find a second-hand wetsuit. The idea is Warmth and Companionship, not Competition and Sexuality.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Ironically, I also own a wetsuit. [Big Grin]
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The idea is Warmth and Companionship, not Competition and Sexuality.
Darn. We can still have competition and sexuality, though, right, so long as there is warmth and companionship?

What better way to boost companionship than by some healthy competition? And what better way to get that Warmth than by sexuality?

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
::likes T's line of thinking::

I have the room for Me, Mark, Becky and Ken reserved.

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daedalus
Member # 1698

- posted      Profile for Daedalus   Email Daedalus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
T_SmithDarn. We can still have competition and sexuality, though, right, so long as there is warmth and companionship?

What better way to boost companionship than by some healthy competition? And what better way to get that Warmth than by sexuality?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zevlag
::likes T's line of thinking::

I have the room for Me, Mark, Becky and Ken reserved.

Uh. I think you're expecting a bit much of poor Becky -- I mean, three of you?
Posts: 641 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, Eddie, I can take em. All I have to do is mention something about mother boards or something, and they'll leave me alone for HOURS.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daedalus
Member # 1698

- posted      Profile for Daedalus   Email Daedalus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Aww, Eddie, I can take em. All I have to do is mention something about mother boards or something, and they'll leave me alone for HOURS.
Ouch. Does Ken know how little you think of his powers of recovery?

On the plus side, you must get lots of beauty sleep.

Posts: 641 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Okay, Reservations must be made or cancelled by January 4th. Mack, I'm reserving a room for me and my gang, and one for my sister and you and Ophelia and whoever.

I've done the final calculations, and I think $10.00 registration fee should help me cover the cost of the meeting rooms, equipment rentals, lunch and prizes. Couples $15.00.

No need to mail it ahead of time or anything. I'm out of computer touch right now, and will be until after new years.

I hope you all have a Merry Holiday and Happy New year! [Smile]

Zevlag
Member # 1405

Thanks Olivia!
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Our shirts arrived today! They are soooo cool! [Smile]

*dances around waving shirt*

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Whee! Thanks olivia! [Big Grin]
Olivet
Member # 1104

Dang. I guess I should order MY t-shirt, too. [ROFL] I'm such a goof. [Roll Eyes]

I got some goodies for you guys today!!! This is going to be so very, very fun!

Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
For the audience, when is this again? I'm going to need up-to-the-minute photos.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I realize I was already committed, but since finals are now over, I can officialy committ to this. I'm so excited! [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

mackillian
Member # 586

MLK, Jr weekend.

I'll have my digital camera and can upload photos each night to madowl. [Smile]

Zevlag
Member # 1405

I plan on doing the same.
mackillian
Member # 586

You're uploading photos to madowl? o_O

Hmmm. I thought as the photographer, I could keep people from getting MY photo. [Mad]

Zevlag
Member # 1405

LOL, Not to Madowl, or your photo's, but uploading all the same [Wink]
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Okay, where do I get the shirts? I've GOT to have one!

I got LOTR Risk for Christmas. Woot! But I'm not bringing it, because it takes HOURS to play. Abby did get her Eowyn action figure. It is sooo cute to hear her running around saying, "I am no man!"

xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I just booked my flight. I guess this means I am coming. [Big Grin]

LOTR Risk is very cool. I played it with my ex once and beat him soundly. [Big Grin] For a while though I was doing so horribly that I threatened to quit and never play again.

Does anyone play the CCG game? I haven't played in ages and would love to play a game or two. I also have oodles of commons and uncommons that I would be happy to give away. Just the FOTR set, though. I have the TT starters but never played, and haven't even seen the ROTK version.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I played the FotR version for a while. I don't think I have any cards anymore, but if some were provided, I would know enough to were you could kick my butt and think that you actually had a challenge.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Okay. Fugu really thinks he can't go. [Frown]

So if he can't go, Hobbes is getting put in the boys room and xnera can come into one of the girls rooms (me, ophelia, olivia's sister).

And no, I'm not wearing a bikini, as much as fugu has asked.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

What if Hot Nathan asks? I mean, he *is* wearing tights for everyones elses amusement.

And ya, if fugu can't make it, Hobbes is most definately welcome in our room.

mackillian
Member # 586

Pfft. Hot Nathan said he wasn't going in the hot tub with us.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Doesn't mean hot Nathan won't stop by for a nice conversation.
mackillian
Member # 586

Depends on what kind of conversation it is.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

A random, gooberific one, of course.
mackillian
Member # 586

Then nope. No bikini.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::thinks::

What was the correct anwser, then?

Zevlag
Member # 1405

Nate, you don't realize, there WASN'T a correct answer. Anything you could have said would have been wrong.
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
After a long, hard look out our personal finances, Vana and I have decided that we can't afford to come to Wenchcon. We just can't do it. [Frown] [Cry] [Cry]

We have resolved, however, to come to the next one - come hell or high water. (There is gonna be a next one, right? I mean, just 'cause the movies are all out doesn't mean we can't all paaaaaartaaaay?)

Also, if any of the Illinois/Wisconsiners that can't go to Atlanta want to get together and have a mini-Con, we'd be glad to arrange that. Anyone? Email me!

[ December 29, 2003, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Lime ]

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Well Lime, the 10% won out and I ended up in you and Vana's court. Just can't justify the finances. One last medical bill came through that I had forgotten about, making a larger dent than I anticipated in the old bank account. So if you and maybe Tom and Christy want to come hangout in Chi-town we can have a mini-con and call everybody that is actually there to say hi. You are more then welcome!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that, since it’s a long weekend, the Midwesterners should all come visit me.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I'm sorry, I really really want to see ya'll. But I DON'T have a long weekend. I don't get MLK off, which is part of the problem, though finances are the major consideration. It will happen, just not this time.

AJ

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.