FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » RotK/ Hatrack PARTAAAAY ('WenchCon') Last minute stuff (Page 7)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: RotK/ Hatrack PARTAAAAY ('WenchCon') Last minute stuff
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I do. [Smile]
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... AR, Rakeesh and Fugu...

Or Ophelia and Mack....

Do you girls mind if a guy bunks with you? [Wink]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think anyone could MIND bunking with hot Nathan. [Wink]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to share a room with someone! I can be cool guys, I swear! [Cool]

See?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
would hobbes and T like to share a room with Ophelia and me? (provided Ophelia doesn't mind).
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Like I said, I'm commited to AR and that Gang, otherwise I would join you. But thanks [Smile]
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

--I--
Hobbes
Member # 433

Don't count Hobbes out though, he's cool with it. [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
i wanna come....

[Cry]

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

...who doesn't?
Hobbes
Member # 433

Well... am I still allowed to shair a room even though T left? I know I'm not as cool as T and all... but... please? I'll even give you the finger!

--|--

Hobbes [Smile]

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Mack and Ophelia, My sister is an early-to-bed person, so I was hoping you wouldn't mind sharing with her. [Smile] That still leaves space for one more, though.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

Well, I'm certainly not an early-to-bed person . . . but I don't mind rooming with one, as long as she isn't disturbed if I come in after she's asleep or something. (I won't be noisy in the room while she's trying to sleep, at any rate.)
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

<--*Not an early to bed person* Come on! Someone must be willing to share a room with poor, harmless, little Hobbes! *Meek look*

Hobbes [Smile]

[ December 12, 2003, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Ophelia
Member # 653

I don't mind sharing a room with boys, either, if that's what's needed.
mackillian
Member # 586

What time to bed are we talking about, Olivia?

I'd still like to room with her and Ophelia, just wondering when your sister sacks out. [Wink]

mackillian
Member # 586

And I don't mind sharing with boys, either.
Taberah
Member # 4014

- posted      Profile for Taberah           Edit/Delete Post 
There is a very good chance I'll be able to come to this, although only as a daytripper. Add me to the list. I can provide more information upon request.
Posts: 224 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Cool, Taberah!

Email me if you need directions to the hotel, or anything. (The site has the address, so I guess you could use Mapquest, but that might be confusing.) [Smile]

Mack, 11pm is my sister's usual expiration, and she will most likely sleep in (until after 9am, maybe).

I sort of plan on being just short of hallucinating from sleep deprivation when this shindig is over. [Smile] I was last year.

BTW, how would you guys feel about a hotdog bar to go with the salad and maybe one tray of lasagna? We use Hebrew National, so they'd be kosher, too.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I also crash at 11. But I wake up a bit earlier (8). That could work out great [Smile]
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Olivet, I'm sorry. [Frown] I've been incommunicado at the most inconvenient time.

I'm going to see if AJ and I can fly it together. (Hi, AJ -- just got the email. [Smile] )

PS: Olivia, this will So Not Suck.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
Olivia, don't worry about it sucking. There are so many stellar hatrackers who will be there that I KNOW it will be a blast. Every hatrack get-together I've ever been to was super fun. I'm sure this will not only not be an exception, but will outshine them all.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I will not flip off anyone while there. [Smile]

I would have, but Billie isn't attending, and she's the only Hatracker I would flip the bird in person. [Big Grin]

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
'Livvy, like any Wench gathering where you and I are presiding could be bad! Girl, get your cloak and sexy boots on, and PARTY!! [Party]
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

*Looks meek again* Anyone?

Hobbes [Smile]

mackillian
Member # 586

HOBBES, YOU CAN BE MY ROOMMATE.

I thought I'd already made that clear.

*thwap*

Hobbes
Member # 433

Awwww! Thanks Mack [Cool] . [Group Hug]

Hobbes [Smile]

mackillian
Member # 586

Don't make me thwap you again.
Hobbes
Member # 433

How would I do that? I'm just thankful for being able to share a room with you. [Smile] [Cool] [Group Hug]

Hobbes [Smile]

mackillian
Member # 586

By hugging me again.

*gets stick*

Hobbes
Member # 433

[Cry]

I'm a sensitive roomate! [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Olivet, Hebrew National isn't kosher - they supervise themselves instead of being supervised by a rabbi, so it's not acceptable for us.

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Okay, then. Well, I'm still planning a big salad and vegetarian lasagna, and people didn't seem thrilled by the prospect of the hotdog bar anyway. So, It's cool.

*hugs Jenny*

I'm working on little things now to add to the ambiance. That helps me not stress so much. [Smile]

Um, anybody talk to Rakeesh? Is he coming this year?

mackillian
Member # 586

I'll order pizza. [Big Grin]
Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
Oh, yes, and I could definitely go for Japanese. Especially if there's sushi involved.
Was that suggested at some point, narrativium? If so, I must have missed it. We like sushi, too, but there would have to be vegetarian stuff for Sarah, who doesn't do raw fish. But sushi would probably be rather expensive...
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

And raw.

Did I mention raw?

That means uncooked.

Raw.

Ew.

Olivet
Member # 1104

The trouble with sushi is that it's expensive. We could let you guys order some on the day, and pay for it yourselves (I'm not above picking it up, or whatever), but I can't order it ahead of time and have people not want to eat and/or pay for it. Last year I could have afforded that risk, but this year I just can't.

We could all just order from the takeout taxi, I guess. They have a limited menu for several restaurants, and they go by and pick it up for you, with a nominal surcharge.

At this point, I have not actually contracted with a caterer, so let me know. [Smile]

Ela
Member # 1365

It would be better if we don't actually have to do the ordering on Sat, for those of us who are Sabbath-observant, so the "takeout taxi," whatever that is, would probably not work for us on Sat.

**Ela**

mackillian
Member # 586

could you look at it the day before and tell us and we'll do the ordering?
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Sushi doesn't necessarily have raw fish, there's lots of kinds with cooked fish. I like eel, myself (its often cooked for sushi).
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but eel isn't kosher. [Smile]

quote:
I will not flip off anyone while there.
Aww. Why not? [Frown]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the best Japanese food I ever had was in Atlanta.

Mmmm.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Because your mom would get mad at me, Sarah. [Smile]
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Who wants to share a room with me?

Wait. I'm not coming.

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd share a room with you, Kama!

We could play truth or dare! [Wink]

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm definitely not playing truth or dare with you any more. [Razz]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww, what about with me?
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
You can flip me off any time you want, mack.
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

narr, you are just weird. [Razz]
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Wenches! Bring your swimsuits. I just heard from Olivia that there's a HOT TUB!!!!!!!
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.