FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » RotK/ Hatrack PARTAAAAY ('WenchCon') Last minute stuff (Page 3)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: RotK/ Hatrack PARTAAAAY ('WenchCon') Last minute stuff
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo! Go Olivet!

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
The flight plan that I'm looking at has me arriving at 4:50 Atlanta time. Does that work out?

Also, lets start talking hotel prices. How much do you need from each of us in that sense?

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
The hotel reps that I have been dealing with seem to be having trouble getting me the agreed upon price in writing. [Wall Bash]

Um, I'm trying to get a hotel that has local shuttle service. Ron said the ones with Airport shuttles were either out of our price range or not in great parts of town, so I am working with a hotel that will pick you up at the local MARTA station. You can take MARTA from the Airport. It will be cheap.

If it doesn't pan out this week (I'm getting angry, folks) I'll try to get the same hotel we did last year, though some of you will just have to be on your own when it comes to getting there from the airport. That is my LAST resort option, though.

I plan to give you guys a per-person lunch fee and per person cost for the meeting room. The block of rooms will be reserved at that price (which I'm hoping to get $70.00 a night, up to 4 people per room again this year, though I had negotiated a bit less (not including tax) but I'm gonna let you make your own roomie arrangements and I'll give you the 800 number for the hotel so you can make individual reservations within that block.

The "WenchCon" fees will just include Saturday lunch (hotel has free breakfast, and dinner will be unstructured, and up to you) and part of the meeting room. That's all.

I'll post the details when I have them.

If I HAVE to go with a hotel that can't pick you up at the airport, I'll be there on Friday evening to pick up as many as will be in town by 7 or 8pm. But , by God, it had better not come to that! [Wink]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

T, what that means is the hotel cost will depend on how many people you room with (one person $70.00 per night, 2 people $35.00 per night, 3 people $23.33, 4 people $17.50 per night) but the specifics will have to wait until I get the hotel room prices in writing.

You guys will be responsibel for your own room bills, but I'll ask for a registration fee to cover the meeting room, lunch on Saturday, and prizes for the games.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Olivet, you rock. [Smile] Thanks for all your hard work!
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Olivet you are HardCore Awesome!

Btw, I like the sound of that 4 person rooming thing. 4 days, 3 nights, usually 2 beds per room, eh? Well, I don't mind sleeping on the floor one or two of those nights, if needed.

Is there anyone who wants to bunk with yours truly? I promise I don't snore... loudly. Ralphie will be able to back me up on that after the 14th.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Olivet, I just e-mailed my # to you, sorry I forgot to last week. Try to call AFTER 9pm, because of my cell phone plan, or on weekends. A short call during the day is OK, but expect me to be abrupt to save minutes. We can also use AIM and e-mail, of course.

I have a couch and floor-space available to who ever wants it/claims it. The couch will be first-come/first served.

Yes, I have some catering contacts. Don't close the deal on that without talking to me. I worked at a Jewish deli/pizza place, not sure if they did catering. How many meals are we talking about? Just Saturday lunch? How elaborate? How much are folks willing to shell out??

I know nothing about hotels and have no contacts there. Are we looking for a meeting room? I MIGHT have one we could get cheap. I would have to check. Or are we going to go to your house. My apartment is too small for a large group, I think.

This is going to be great!.
Morbo [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
[The Wave] [Party] [Kiss] [Wave] [ROFL]

[ November 03, 2003, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

OMG, Morbo!1 I'm SO glad you mentioned that you emailed me!

I had delted the email without opening it, assuming it was someone suggesting ways to enlarge my penis or something. I get a lot of those. Sort of makes me wonder if they know something I don't. [Eek!]

Anyways, I'll try to call you tonight.

Meanwhile, those interested in attending should email me at olivet@bellsouth.net with Wenchcon in the title so I can make sure to reserve enough rooms for everyone. I'm thinking 10-15 rooms, since some folks will not want to share (couples and such). But let me know, so I can give Morbo a rough estimate of food needs.

Also, if people are planning on staying until Monday, I would like to get an idea what you might be up for on Sunday. I'm negotiating a couple of special trips to the airport by the hotel van, so I need to know when folks will be leaving, too.

Morbo
Member # 5309

Just sent another e-mail, Olivia. Looking forward to your call tonight, anytime between 9-11pm.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

::will room with nate::

Someones gotta bite the bullet.

Late night Wendy's run?

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Prolix, I got your email.

Morbo, I didn't get yours [Confused]

Delrina at the hotel we used before has returned my calls and stuff, so I', chucking the other hotel for being snotty and unwilling to honor their promised rates.

However, the Hampton Inn's group rates have gone up by $5.00 per night, So It's $75.00 per room per night (not including 13% tax). Oy.

I'll keep looking. *sigh*

Morbo
Member # 5309

resent e-mail
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] SHHH! If you let your email hear you say that you feel resentful, it'll NEVER get there!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

AR, I'm so totally for that. Will you have a car there? If not, we'll have to catch a bus or something just for Wendys late at night.

Anyone else want to pair with the AR 'n T combo? Biggie Size? What to drink?

kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Ken and I are perfectly willing to room with someone, if they need it.

Will Matt the Night Manager be there? [Big Grin]

ooh ooh oooh! we can go to that italian place for dinner and have pasta ambrosia. mmmmmmm.

Ni!

[ November 03, 2003, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: kwsni ]

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

Yeah T, I'm gonna be drivin over. So I'll have my truck. That way we can go out that night or whatever. Whoever else wants to room in there is cool with me.

As long as they don't smell.

--ApostleRadio

T_Smith
Member # 3734

::thinks about possibly bringing guitar::

::thinks about luggage weight and money::

::thinks some more::

Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
*thinks about puppies*

*hopes they're old enough by MLK weekend for us to come*

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Don't worry, I had a nice long chat with Mother Nature.

::hides baseball bat::

She agreed to pull a few strings for ya.

kwsni
Member # 1831

::contemplates playing at the mall in costume::

[Evil]

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

T. I'll bring my guitar.

Don't worry bout it.

I'll bring lots of cool stuff, thats what trucks are for.

Olivet
Member # 1104

I found a better deal!

It's in the same area as last year, but they only charge $25.00 a day for the meeting room (about the same size). Even with the AV stuff being an extra charge, it's still a better deal. And I could bring my own TV and dvd player to save money.

They will also let us use their breakfast room for the catered lunch on Saturday. It won't be elaborate, but I think we can get some simple dishes (and some salad and kosher pizza for our kosher wenches-- Morbo knows a place that's kosher).

The rooms all have broadband internet access for free, microwaves, little fridges and coffee makers. This hotel has a spa, and is close to some neat entertainment places, etc. AND! The cost per room is six dollars cheaper per night!

Ron found this hotel, so I must pause to sing his praises. *sings* Ron is the bestest hero! And I love him! WooHoo!

Last year their meeting room was $125.00 per day and their hotel rooms were more expensive, too. It is a REALLY nice place.

No Matt the night manager, but we could ask him to come by...

But before they will make the final plans, I need an idea how many rooms to reserve. So email me asap, or post here EVEN IF YOU ARE ONLY CONSIDERING COMING. The block of rooms will be held until two weeks before the event, so you will have plenty of time to make up your mind.

prolixshore
Member # 4496

Yay olivet and Ron.
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm hoping to come.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

And I MAY be able to work up a schedule for airport pick-ups/drop offs with their limo company. It's $40.00 for the first person plus $5 for each additional person and 20% off the return trip. So, if five people ride together, that's a $12.00 ride, per person. And the trip back, same arrangemet, would only be $9.40 per person, which is cheaper than a cab ride. Much.

Depends on how many are flying, though.

Olivet
Member # 1104

I need a show of hands for those mildly interested to committed. Even if it's just a remote possibility, and you won't know for certain for weeks, I still need to know.

Cause I don't want to just reserve the block o' rooms for those I know are coming. I have to work a little wiggle room into it.

[Smile]
Thanks!

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Im there. Im flying. Cheap ride is a good ride.

Oh, and I will probably be working a lot of overtime the next few weeks for this, but it's well worth it.

xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
If my money situation works out, then I will come. And since I should be getting my 401K distribution soon, the money situation should be worked out my WenchCon. [Big Grin]

I am looking forward to seeing Atlanta again. We went to the Atlanta Olympics and had a great time. For a while I seriously considered moving to Atlanta. I would have no problem taking MARTA to/from the airport, as I traveled on it extensively when we were at the Games.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Uncertain, but very interested.
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

Im'a comin' for sure. A couple hours drive is well worth it.

--ApostleRadio

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
What narr said [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
Very possibly coming/very close to being certain, and that goes for Vána and myself.
Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Well if CT vana, lime, xnera and Christy are going, I'm guessing there might be a carpool in the works, in that case, I might be game. Though I have to check my dog show schedule. I could also offer the use of my 7 passenger mini van, though we might want a full size one. Definitely would need help with the driving to Atlanta though!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a maybe. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I think car pooling (and/or caravaning) is a fantastic idea. [Smile]
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so jealous of you all. This sounds awesome.

Someone has to bring the LotR Trivial Pursuit, because it, too, is awesome. I picked it up this weekend, and it would make for a very entertaining game for people to play at WenchCon. With or without beverages [Evil]

Lucky lucky people [Razz]

[ November 04, 2003, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Carrie ]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Olivet, I e-mailed you.

I'm a probably.

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Lemme see.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone's going to be driving near Saint Louis, drop me an email at fugu13 AT mac DOT com .
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
*wishes she could come*
Have fun you guys! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I have LotR Trivial Pursuit! [Smile] And a couple of other games that might be fun.

Also, I hope to have SOMEONE volunteer to do some Pictionary things, like last year.

I'm so excited at all the 'maybe's!!!

Katharina, Ophelia-- all you guuys I'd so love to meet in RL!

As to the couples coming... If a couple knows another couple well enough, you could still share a room with another couple or whatever, and save money. I know Lime and Vana are newlyweds and all...

But if somebody knows Tom and Christy, and there's going to be a carpool or something... Geez I wish they could come, too.

Ha! Listen to me-- I'm getting all greedy! [Wink]

I'll call with a tentative number of rooms and stuff by Friday, so that early next week I should be able to break down costs for the Meeting room and lunch on Saturday. I'm hoping to keep any registration fees low, so the more possible attendees the less it will take 'per' to cover one day's lunch and the meeting room for two days.

The movie will have been out long enough that we should be able to buy the tickets online on Friday for a Saturday evening showing, so that doesn't need to be an up-front charge, unless you'd rather.

Also, if anyone prosperous wants to donate to a fund to help some cash-strapped Hatrackers with little stuff, let me know. I plan to have a smallish slush fund to help with unexpected expenses, too. Of course, That all depends on how much stuff ends up costing.

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
*Laugh* Wow, I didn't realize we were such in demand! *giggle*

We're in for a maybe. It would be fun, but we're generally against long drives. A carpool might be enough to sway us, though. *grin*

[ November 04, 2003, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Christy ]

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*really wishes she could come*
This sounds like so much fun. But my parents would probably flip out if I asked to spend like $250-300, to go somewhere myself for the weekend, to meet people I met online. Yes...they would flip out. It sounds like fun though.

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Christy: I will juggle for entertainment. And tell rotten puns. [Smile]

Edit: I will find some way to get to Olivet. If not for WenchCon, then for a personal vacation. However, I think I can swing WenchCon, and it would be fabulous to see Banna, Vana, and the rest of y'all again!.

[ November 05, 2003, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

::waves::

Ken and I are coming, too, If we have to walk!

Ni!

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
kwsni! Yay!!! *big hug
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I just got the list of email addresses from Belle of people who wanted WenchCon info, so some of you may be getting a group email. [Smile]
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
What am I, chopped liver?!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Fugu. I may be heading to New Orleans that weekend. If so, I'll pick you up, and we'll crash WenchCon and spike the punch.

Seriously, I'm out of the loop, but consider me a probably. If I'm in that area, what kind of Hatracker would I be to pass up a party?

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

A bad one. Bad. *thwap*
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.