FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » RotK/ Hatrack PARTAAAAY ('WenchCon') Last minute stuff (Page 6)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: RotK/ Hatrack PARTAAAAY ('WenchCon') Last minute stuff
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] I'm soo excited. I didn't think I would ever get to do this. But every thing just seems to be fitting into place. [Smile]
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody know where I can get furry feet? Or ideas on how to make them?
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you take steriods and testosterone...
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
mack, I'm not a huge fan of lasagna either, and I'm on a diet that eschews pasta. But it seemed like the lowest common denominator.

I am open to other sugestions until the end of next week.

SO, SPEAK UP, ATTENDEES! What would you eat?

In other news: My sister was less than pleased with sharing a room with me last year. She must have complete darkness to sleep. She needs more sleep than I do, and will go to bed early. This is a good thing. The Wicked Witch of the West has nothing on my sister when she's cranky. [Smile]

So, as a compromise, I'm trying to get two rooms with a connecting door, so that all the loud and rowdy people can stay up being rowdy in one room, and the early-to-beds can have the other. "Her" room still needs 2-3 other people (or more if the floor will do).

My sister is a lot like me, other than the sleep thing. Little older, little shorter. And with an advanced degree and a big bustline. So, essentially she's nothing like me. Okay, then. Hmm.

Anyway, she's cool with sharing. I'll call and see if I can get two adjacent rooms, and let you know.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
"Eschew." What a great word.
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yes, and I could definitely go for Japanese. Especially if there's sushi involved.
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I just checked online and I can get round trip tickets for $163. Unfortunately I would be needing to arrive fairly late on Friday and leaving on Sunday afternoon.

I still haven't made a final decision.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Banna, come! It will be so worth it! You have to come. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Morbo and I will boh be making Airport trips, so it shouldn't be a hardship to get you, or anything, and I'd sure love to meet you!
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Well this paycheck has to pay the bills. But I should have a bit extra on the one I get around Christmas. So let me think about it a bit more. But I'm leaning towards yes. It is actually the same price to fly out of O'Hare as it is to fly out of Midway and O'Hare is much more convienent to me.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
Olivia, we are not planning on staying Saturday night. We are going to drive back, even if in the early AM, as it's only 2 hours from Atlanta to here, where everyone else can enjoy a free night's lodging, and I can sleep in my own wee bed, a conjunction devoutly to be wished by we who travel far too much for work.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Okay. That's fine. [Smile] I'm sure you guys can handle it, and all. Just voicing my concern for you, is all. [Wink]
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, darn it, Vána and I are coming. I just have to get off my butt and reserve a room this weekend. So yay!
[Party]

Is anyone coming from the Wisconsin, Northern Illinois/Northern Indiana/Michigan area? Carpooling sounds really cool.

By the way, PsychicTriad... fencing sounds like a *great* idea. I did fencing with some friends for a summer and I've been trying to find a club since then with no luck. Time to brush up on the old skills (and start exercising - my legs are weak).

[ December 12, 2003, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Lime ]

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny, the easiest way to do hairy feet would be to find your nearest costume shop and buy a coil of fake hair and a bottle of spirit gum. In high school I was into stage makeup (and stage fighting, although strangely I didn't apply my skills in either of these fields to my school's theatrical endevors), and was able to get the hair thick enough to look good as a werewolf pelt, so hobbit feet shouldn't be a problem.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

WooHoo!

[Party]

Has anyone talked to xnera? Are you guys flying or driving?

BTW, when Anyone has their tickets and itinerary, please email them to me so I can co-ordinate times for airport runs (If I can ever get in touch with Morbo).

Olivet
Member # 1104

Noemon, I can do that, I mean, make her own personal feet look hairy. Thing is, if we're going to the theater in costime, IN JANUARY, she prolly doesn't want to be actually bare foot. *sigh*

I can call around to the costume shops, I just don't know what would be warm enough...

celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny, just how furry? If you don't mind it being an actual shoe, you could add some to cheap sandles with a little glue.

Oh, and remind me, I have a game for you and a second game for you wenches.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Well I don't know how many in the chicago area clump are coming other than CT. But I know that for me driving is pretty much out because it takes too long and I lack vacation time.

I know Vana and Lime were thinking of it as were xnera and Tom and Christy (though maybe things have changed with the impending baby)

AJ
(somehow I totally missed Lime's post on this page! it was a mousing error.)

AJ

[ December 12, 2003, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
kwsni, is your offer to drive me still open? Like I said I just plain feel bad comitting before I take finals but I think I will come.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. I think the idea was to have Jenny pick you up, and meet us in indianapolis.
Lime and Vana, we're picking people up in Indianapolis, and we do have a minivan, which only has four spots reserved at the moment. So we've got room for two more.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Lime and Vana, you are welcome at my house. I am taking Friday off. I haven't worked out time details with kwsni and hobbes yet, but I'm sure you'd be welcome in the carpool. Oh my, but is THIS going to be fun!

Hobbes - can you hitch a ride to Kokomo, or will I need to come get you? You are certainly welcome to spend Thursday night if you need - we have a single bed in an extra bedroom, right next to the downstairs bath.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I seriously doubt I can get a ride to Kokomo, I can get myself to the Indy airport but that's about it. [Embarrassed]

If that doesn't work I understand, but I don't think I can make anything else work without taking a rather long bike ride [Wink] .

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Furry feet - I want Hobbit Feet. Only, I don't have big toes. My feet are very ugly - almost rectangular, and skinny. I do have some dark, coarse hair on my toes. Icky. I am unwilling to go to a movie in bare feet. They'd kick me out. Thus, a sandal-type option is most likely. I have a friend who is willing to help me create the feet, if we only had something to go on.
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Heck, you're only about an hour away. I'll come fetch you. Let's pow-wow with kwsni and see what timing is.
Hobbes
Member # 433

That's over an extra hour of driving, I don't want to make you do that!

Hobbes [Smile]

kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
if ken ever comes back with my car, he'd be a helpful addition to this conversation.

I also think this would be easier over AIM, but that'd probly be better after Finals are over.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny, that would be fantastic! Where are you located?

Email me or Vána addresses and times and such, and we'll get something worked out!

Olivet - I don't know if anyone's talked to Xnera. I haven't spoken to Tom or Christy. We're going to be driving (hopefully carpooling).

[ December 12, 2003, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Lime ]

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Lime, I believe Vana already has my e-mail and address. I live in Kokomo, IN. Will e-mail you further info.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
My plane is arriving close to 4:00 pm, so if anyone has a flight that arrives close to that, I'll just sorta be standing outside, looking like a goober.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Just look for the tights. [Wink]

So... I'm one of those people on the "Looking for hotels list".... hint hint... [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, if you can find a good costume shop, it's entirely possible that they'd have some fake oversized feet that could be worn over shoes. With the popularity of LOTR over the past three years, it seems entirely possible.

For a few brief minutes I thought that I was going to be able to make this. Then I realized that it wasn't in late Dec. afterall. Too bad.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

hobbes, don't be a dope, i'll drive you to kokomo.

i need to drop off games with jenny anyway. and i'm pretty sure one of you owes me lunch.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Dope, me? *innocent angel smilie* [Wink]

If you're going to Kokomo anyways of course I'd like to tag along but you know I'm not going to let you just drive me there for no other purpose.

Hobbes [Smile]

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Um, that would be me, Celia the Evil One. (Y'know, it's really scary being indebted to her).

Very cool. All the best Hatrackers live in Indiana or in surrounding states. [The Wave]

celia60
Member # 2039

you should send me directions and times or something. i don't have friday classes next semester, so i shouldn't have a schedule conflict.
Olivet
Member # 1104

Celia, I still have the game you sent last year! [Smile] And I'm STILL a little disappointed at not getting to meet you. *sigh*

Jenny-- so what am I, chopped liver? [Wink]

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
I would say we're most likely a no, but if we did decide to go I think we'd fly.

I thought CT might be driving, though?

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Olivia, Georgia "surrounds" Indiana! You just have to broaden your perspective a little. [Cool]

I'm also trying to hype my state because OSC never comes here to do signings. [Frown]

And I want a Hatrack Con in the Midwest, preferably Chicago or Indianapolis. [Evil]

celia60
Member # 2039

Olivet, the factory sale I got that one at had the sequal this year. I don't think it's particularly a good game, but the peices are neat, and the box claims it comes with more of the rings. [Big Grin] how many of the one ring do you need?

*wanders off to check what is actually in the box...*

edit: yup. six new shiny rings.

[ December 12, 2003, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Olivet
Member # 1104

Sounds cool!

Christy, the last I spoke with CT she was thinking of flying, but I have not been able to reach her lately. She was going to call last Thursday... maybe you should call her? There are evidently a LOT of folks driving in.

*is suddenly gripped with paralizing fear that this will SUCK and it will be all my fault*

[Angst]

*hides*

katharina
Member # 827

nononononono, it's going to be WONDERFUL!! It couldn't possibly not be. [Smile] It's a gathering of the Wenches and their Mop Boys. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Kat, are you saying Annie's coming? [Wink] [Razz] [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Olivet
Member # 1104

Who's bringing T's tights? Orange, was it? Or Purple?

I forget...

Hobbes
Member # 433

Orange. Definitly orange.

Hobbes [Smile]

Olivet
Member # 1104

I'll need his height and weight to get the right size... Though if Saudade is coming... It was her idea and all. I'm not sure if I completely understand the , er, 'why' of the orange tights.
katharina
Member # 827

*grins at Hobbes* Wouldn't that be cool? I still haven't met her.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Orange. Fools.

And anyway, I don't see any "watch T make a fool of himself" in the schedule, hence my grinning at it. If it's not scheduled, it just won't happen. [Big Grin]

And I'm a bit curious as to who is bringing them, too.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Thank you for pointing out my scheduling oversight.

Would Morning , afternoon or evening be better for you?

T_Smith
Member # 3734

When would be the best moment where people won't pay attention?

How about 6 AM?

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I tend to crash around 11pm.

Does ANYONE want to be my roommate? [Frown]

Pizza for lunch. [Smile]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.