FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » RotK/ Hatrack PARTAAAAY ('WenchCon') Last minute stuff (Page 4)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: RotK/ Hatrack PARTAAAAY ('WenchCon') Last minute stuff
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Chopped liver with herculean thighs and a 'tude. [Wink]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs mac*

I haven't sent out the email yet, so don't feel left out or anything.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
yay frisky!

if ken and i can work it out right, we may be picking hobbes up on he way. we'll see.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno...if I go to P-land next week, I may very well be good and sick of Hobbes. [Wink]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap! It appears our marketing from last year's WenchCon was wildly successful. Count me in, Olivet. And I'm interested in-in fact desperate for-roommates to help lower the costs of the rooms. turin_4@hotmail.com

And some people who are showing up this year got some payback comin' [Razz]

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Olivet, Sarah, Shlomo, and I are seriously considering trying to get there.

So pleas include us in any informational emailings.

I have requested that weekend off, and just have to find out if the days off will be approved or not.

We will all stay in one room, of course.

narrativium, you are welcome to share our room, too, if you wish. [Smile]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
And me! Don't forget me, Ela!

EDIT: I really should read entire posts before responding.

[ November 06, 2003, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: narrativium ]

Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
WARNING:

As an officially rated fencer as of Sept 20, 2003, it is my duty to warn all WenchCon victims, err, i mean, Gatherers, that instead of silly broom sticks.. there will be much better swords to fence with.. as well as a free lesson from yours truly.

I will probably bring my own gear, along with 2-3 other sets, 2 righties, and a leftie. If need be, someone can use mine in the case of a leftie VS leftie. Expect no mercy, but a very fun time.

Suggest anyone who wants to learn how to fence to have a pair of pants in which they can move around in. Jeans would work.. just wouldn't want anyone to get hurt. Oh and normal shoes (non-sandals/fancy shoes)

yeah thats much over my few words posted per month average, so i'm gonna flee back into the shadows and lurk some more. [Hat]

*hides*
Crazy as always,
PsychoTriad

[ November 06, 2003, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Psycho Triad ]

Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

::huggles fales::

I seriously need to stop posting on this thread, and write my frelling book.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

Oooo. . . fencing lessons. . .
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
T and I are still lookin for 2 people to room with us. Any takers?

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Rakeesh is another guy looking for roomies. I bet he's game.

I'm gonna reserve rooms today, and hammer out the details with the hotel.

Then I'll come up with a tentative schedule of events, subject to general approval of attendees. [Smile]

Oooo, Fencing! Sign me up! WooHoo!

kwsni: Me, too, honey. Me too.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I may be in, I'm still not sure though.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
EDIT: I really should read entire posts before responding.
*pat pat*
Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taberah
Member # 4014

- posted      Profile for Taberah           Edit/Delete Post 
I may be able to come, although if I do I won't need a room and I would only be there for a limited number of activities.
Posts: 224 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Here's my contract with the hotel, along with the number to call for reservations. [Smile]

quote:

Kelly Blevins

Wingate Inn - Kennesaw

560 Greers Chapel Drive

Kennesaw, GA 30144

Phone (770) 514-7344

Fax (770) 514-1689

Olivia-

It was a pleasure meeting with you this morning. The following is the contract we had discussed. I hope this is easy to understand. The only thing I may need to change will be if you want me to change the dispersement of rooms, such as if you need more double bed rooms, or more kings. (NDD1 is the room with two double beds, and NK1 is the king, both nonsmoking; let me know if you need smoking, or they can tell me when they call in). Also, please note the cancellation dates. The individuals can call in up to the 5th, and cannot cancel after the 9th. If less rooms are used than held in the block, please let me know by the 9th and I will release them. If you do not, they will be charged to your credit card. Please let me know if there are any changes I need to make. Please feel free to call me with any questions, or email me.

Thanks a bunch.

Kelly

Group Contract

Wingate Inn- Town Center 560 Greers Chapel Drive Kennesaw, GA 30144

Phone: (770) 514-7344 Fax: (770) 514-1689

GROUP NAME: Computer Contacts
RATES:

SINGLE
DOUBLE
TRIPLE
QUAD
MEETING ROOM

$69.00 for King
$69.00 for single occupancy; $76.00 for double occupancy (No extra charge after 2 people)

$35 per day,

$35 per day for TV/VCR

The current applicable tax rate is 13%.

ROOMING LIST
INDIVIDUAL CALL INS
RESERVATION CARDS

Please hold rooms on CC above, but individuals will call in by Jan. 5, 2004

TO INSURE AVAILABILITY, RESERVATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: Jan. 5, 2004

DEPOSIT/CANCELLATION:
PAYEE
DEPOSIT AMOUNT
DUE BY
CANCEL DATE

Cannot cancel the rooms after Jan. 9, 2004

THE ROOMS IN THE BLOCK, THAT ARE NOT PICKED UP MUST BE RELEASED BY
__1/9/04___ OR THEY WILL BE CHARGED TO THE CREDIT CARD THAT IS HOLDING THEM.

Hotel Representative____Kelly Blevins_____________________Date__11/10/03___

If all information looks correct, please sign and return by_____11/14/03_.

You will need to tell her whether you want a room with a single king size bed or a room with two doubles, and whether you want smoking or non-smoking. I think all the ones blocked off are currently non-smoking, but that should not be a problem to change.

YOU must reserve the room before January 5th and you may cancel by January 9th, when I will call to release all the blocked but unused rooms. I will be very put out if I get stuck paying for a no-show room, though I will be happy to use excess funds (if there are any) to help those who run short.

The main thing is that we get together and have fun. [Smile]

[ November 10, 2003, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Olivet ]

Morbo
Member # 5309

Olivia, sorry we haven't talked yet. I forgot to call this weekend.
I have yet to talk to my little sister, she's the one that knows caterers. But in any case, I will call tonight or you call me, after 9pm.

Good going on the hotel. Is a meeting room part of the package?

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I have to talk to her abot the meeting room, 'cause she said $25.00 a day on the phone for the meeting room, instead of the $35.00 a day that was on the proposal. Also, I had $69.00 per room, even with four people, though this contract suggests that for 2-4 people it would be $76.00 (which is still only one dollar more than the other hotel).

I have emailed her to straighten out the bumps, but that should work out okay.

Plus, the hubby just informed me that his best friend's wife does some catering. DUH. I had no idea. [ROFL]

The hotel also has a spa/ hottub sort of thing, and a work-out room that we'll have access to, and they said the fencing lessons would be okay on the deck or in the meeting room. [Smile]

larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, in the vein of this cool news, I want to remind you guys that the poll for the official WenchCon T-shirt will be closing at midnight EST on Nov. 11th. (I extended the voting due to that small debacle with the polling program earlier.) So, get your voting in if you have not already done it.

http://wenchcon.nacrimosse.com

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

Wow, all five t-shirt design entries are great. I'm having a hard time choosing one.
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
If I'm in the country then (which it's looking like I may be), then I will plan on coming. Toretha and Lacey are planning to come here first, and we're going to invite Mayday too, but haven't seen her yet to ask. Also Saudade and Andrei are planning to join us. Then all of us from this group will drive over Saturday morning and drive back late Saturday night. [Smile] So we won't be needing any rooms. (This deal is in Atlanta now, right? Bernard said he thought it was going to be in Texas.) Woo hoo! I'm looking forward to meeting all my sisters and grandminions! [Smile]
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Yeah, Atlanta (well, actually Kennesaw) is the place.

Warning: There will be a small charge for the catered lunch, but I plan on keeping it as cheap as possible. [Smile]

I'm excited about meeting everyone, too!

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
WORK OUT ROOM! [Big Grin]

AND...a warm place to run (Georgia) in the winter. Score.

Oh..and visiting Hatrackers. [Wink]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

Chance to meet my mistress saudade and my grandmistress ak? AWESOME.

::loves saudade::

Better and better all the time.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

I got MLK weekend off! WOOHOO! We are in. [Big Grin]

Now we just have to figure out how to get there. The cheapest flights my husband found online so far were $211, which adds up times 3 people. So we are thinking about driving. If anyone knows where to find a cheaper flight let us know.

Any Florida people interested in carpooling?

narrativium, are you going from NY or from FL?

I am excited!!! [Big Grin]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
If I have to fly, I don't know if I can make it. My husband and I just bought land, and our budget is tight. Was there a carpool going through Indiana? I'm willing to help drive and sing silly songs, etc. I'll teach everyone my version of "The Road Goes Ever On and On."
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

Andrea, dear, we'd love to catch you on the way through Indiana.

Ni!

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have an itinerary? I will most likely be working both Friday and Tuesday, so I'd have to be back and ready to teach by then. It would be so awesome to travel with you!
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

We'll probly be leaving friday, but we might be picking up hobbes on the way, and maybe annoying celia in the process, too.

We'll probly be leaving michigan as early as ken and i can manage to wake up.

Ni!

narrativium
Member # 3230

Ela, if you're driving, I'm in. I'll be going from FL.
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

I probably can't leave Indiana until about 4:00 PM on Friday. Can I still hitch a ride? What roads will you be taking?
kwsni
Member # 1831

I actually have no idea, since we've lost the map from last year.

I think we went down 65, but I'm not sure.

edit: Where do you live, again?

Ni!

[ November 12, 2003, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: kwsni ]

JaneX
Member # 2026

*shrieks* We're going?? Why doesn't anyone ever tell me these things?? [Grumble]

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! [The Wave] [The Wave]
[Party] [Party]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
(pssst. Sarah. you're going to wenchcon. your mom told me last night. [Wink] )
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

kwsni-- She's in Kokomo, I believe, which is north of Indianapolis. See what Mapquest suggests-- they give approximate drive times 'n' stuff, too.

*whimper*

Must have... Head Wench... Must...

Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Must have... Head
Yeah, dude, tell me about it.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

It looks like we'll be going right by you, Andrea.

Ni!

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like I can come. [Smile] Anyone want to share a hotel room? E-mail me.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

WoooHooo!

[Party]

YAY!

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Well, if we can figure out the timing, I'd be thrilled to navigate you through the fine state of Indiana! And I call Olivia for my Bed Buddy, providing I can go!
Ela
Member # 1365

Uh...Jane...I did tell you. But you were too busy writing your college admissions essay to absorb it. Why do you think we were talking about flights to Atlanta and the pros and cons of flying versus driving?

**Ela**

narrativium
Member # 3230

Yeah, Jane. Where are your priorities?

Writing a college essay. . . pshhhh. . .

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Er, anyone driving through Rhode Island by any chance?

Didn't think so...

I've got permission to go, as long as I don't go alone. Which is almost as bad as not having permission at all :/

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

You could fly out of Manchester Aiport, Myr...
JaneX
Member # 2026

I thought the discussion was...hypothetical...or something... [Embarrassed]

I was busy trying to get into Amherst. Whaddya want from me? [Grumble]

~Jane~

mackillian
Member # 586

For you to get into freaking Amherst. Duh.

BUT NOT TAKE FIVE FREAKING HOURS WRITING ONE SHORT ESSAY!

Olivet
Member # 1104

Okay, I got it cleared up. The meeting room will be $25.00 a day, and the hotel room price will be $69.00 for 1-4 people. Turns out Kelly had lost her notes on what she had promised me. I'm signing the contract today, and we should be able to make reservations by Monday.

As it stands, the block includes 8 rooms with two double beds, and 8 rooms with one king size bed. I'm thinking that we might do better with 12 rooms with two doubles and 4 rooms with a king size bed, but it depends on how many couples who want to come will want a private room.

Any thoughts?

Olivet
Member # 1104

The contact infor to reserve a room is as follows:

Wingate Inn- Town Center 560 Greers Chapel Drive Kennesaw, GA 30144

Phone: (770) 514-7344 Fax: (770) 514-1689

It will be $69.00 a night for up to four people. You must reserve your room by January 5th to get that rate. I will release the unused rooms in the block by January 9th, so I don't get stuck paying for unused rooms.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool.

AR, you still down with being roomies?

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

Yeah, for a few days last week it looked like I may not have been going after all, but things sorted themselves out.

I think Rakeesh is still in with us too, at least he hasnt said he wasnt.

--ApostleRadio

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.