FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » RotK/ Hatrack PARTAAAAY ('WenchCon') Last minute stuff (Page 5)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  10  11  12   
Author Topic: RotK/ Hatrack PARTAAAAY ('WenchCon') Last minute stuff
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
And which nights again, Olivia? I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere, but four pages is a lot to sift through!
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
The 16th is Friday, 17th is Saturday and the 18th is Sunday. The block includes all three nights, though some of you may be coming on Saturday and many of you will not be staying Sunday night. But whatever. I just wanted to cover all the bases. [Smile]
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Dallas to Atlanta: $183
Dallas to Salt Lake (same weekend): $291

That's it. The family is going to have to move.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
::bump::
Ken and I are looking for roomies, cause we're poor college students, and best buy doesn't pay well enough for us to get our own room for three nights again.

We're not a mushy couple, so no worries about uckiness.

email's in the profile.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
What is this doing on page 5?? [Eek!]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
So, I made a hotel reservation.

Olivet, am I correct that you have the group at the hotel under the name "Computer Companions"? That was what they told me. [Big Grin]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
AR, you want to give them a call and reserve the room?

This wenchcon trip has been paid for, in part (well, actually all of it), by people who have signed up for AOL in the past 4 months.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, my dear precious WenchCon goers. Just wanted to let you guys know that the Cafepress shop is open and raring to go. Here is the WenchCon site link that gives you access to all the links: http://wenchcon.nacrimosse.com/tshirt.php .

The site also has the information about the Hotel Accomodations, and later on I'll be adding Activities planned or anything else needed.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
holy crap, I need to get my tickets and reserve a room!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the best time to arrive on Friday?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I was wondering the same thing, actually.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

We can sit and wonder together. [Smile]
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Wanna grab a pizza while were waiting. I doubt I'll have anything but hey...
mackillian
Member # 586

I made shepherd's pie!
T_Smith
Member # 3734

That works. [Smile]
Olivet
Member # 1104

I know at least one person will be flying in in the AM and one probably late PM.

Liam has gymnastics until noon, so it will be about 1:30 before I could get to the airport. MARTA also offers cheap ground transportation from the airport to my part of town. It is clean and safe, but maybe not the best choice if you have a lot of luggage.

Who else is flying in, and when will you be arriving? I was hoping to make one trip if possible, and maybe beg Morbo to make one as well.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I have the option of 4:00 or 6:15 your time.

Although, for an extra 100 bucks, I could arrange to be by 1:30. What that means is more people have to be conned into AOL for me to get some bonus money.

So... sign people up for AOL, or arrive by 4:00.

We'll see. [Smile]

mackillian
Member # 586

I have the option of 4pm or 7pm.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Why don't we shoot for the 4 pm. That way we'd at least arrive and hang out and look hopelessly lost together.
mackillian
Member # 586

OH! I'd get to hang out with hot nathan! [Wink]

I won't look lost. I lived in Georgia for some ten years. [Smile] Riding the train at Hartsfield is great fun!

Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Eek! I should probably get this taken care of before break.

I can arrive at 4:30, if you guys would be willing to wait around for me.

And anyone wanna sleep with me? Um, I mean room with me?

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I think my sister is up for a roomie or three, as well. kwsni and Psycho Triad met her last year. My room is full (CT, Jenny Gardener, me and katharina) but hers is empty except for her.
Olivet
Member # 1104

Oh, and lumping your arrivals would be really good for me, as it would mean either fewer trips to the airport for me or less waiting around for you. [Smile]

Mobo (whose phone number I have lost in my recent magnetic interference with my hard drive, hint, hint) said he'd help out if someone came in at an odd time for me to get them, but he has less room in his vehicle than I do. Either way, we'll work SOMETHING out, even if I have to use the t-shirt money to help with cabs instead of the meeting room.

mackillian
Member # 586

I need a roomie, too.

But I want my own bed. [Smile]

Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually have this weird thing where I dislike sleeping in hotel beds, anyway, and would rather sleep on the floor. So I could be your assigned bedmate but you could still have your own bed. [Smile]

And then we could still share a room with Olivia's sister and one other (if they don't mind sharing a bed).

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Oh, that would work! [Smile]
mackillian
Member # 586

Okay, my flights have been reserved! [Big Grin]
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my ticket. [Smile] Arrive Friday around noon and leave Sunday around 6:00.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

Juat a quick question for clarification:

Olivet, I am making my travel plans based on the assumption that most of our "planned" (as opposed to impromptu [Razz] ) activities will be taking place on Sat.

Is that a correct assumption?

Curious to know what exactly is planned (besides going to see TTT Sat pm, of course [Big Grin] ).

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

I think we were planning on catered lunch (kosher, of course), some pictionary, playing with costumes, and with action figures.

Ken and I are making our reservations this weekend probly, so anyone still without a roomate, speak up.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Good! That means the Carpool is ON! I am bringing a suitcase full of costumes, so if you want one, speak for it soon.

We have the following available:

1 Gandalf ensemble
1 Gimli ensemble
2 Orc masks
3 or 4 Nazgul faces
Several black cloaks to go with Orc/Nazgul outfits
7 elf-grey cloaks for the rest of the Fellowship

Anyone using these costumes must promise my mother to take good care of the costumes and return them in excellent condition! [Party]

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

How about an ent costume? You don't happen to have any of those, do you?

I'll probably end up borrowing one, but since I don't really mind which one, I'll let others have their pick first. Thanks Jenny.

Olivet
Member # 1104

Here's the deal:

I thought Friday evening, since most folks will be arriving on Friday, we'd have a sort of informal, get to know ya sort of thing. Maybe play some games and whatnot. Dining will be catch as catch can, maybe some of us will order something from the take-out taxi, or whatever.

Those who arrive early will be pressed into service decorating, etc. [Wink]

Saturday, we'll have do the hotel's free continental breakfast (or I assume most of us will, though it won't be required, of course) and watch FotR:EE before lunch.

Lunch will be fairly simple. My tentative menu is lasagna (vegetarian and regular) with a nice salad and some bread. The dessert is yet to be determined, but I'm hoping it will be very good. [Wink]

After lunch will be the TT:EE veiwing. Following that, we'll have time to kill playing games and getting in costume for the group viewing of RotK.

I am assuming that it will have been out long enough by then that we will not need to reserve seating, provided we arrive with a bit of time to spare (That's how it worked last year, and that was a good two weeks earlier in TT's run).

That means we'll buy our own tickets individually at the time of the show.

Plan on a registration fee of about $10.00 per person. The catered lunch will be $5.00 per person or thereabouts, and the other five dollars will cover the cost of the meeting room, prizes for the games and incidentals (I hope to have a small fund to help people with unexpected expenses, but that depends on t-shirt, etc. sales at CafePress).

If you don't stay at the hotel but eat with us, the cost will still be the same. I hope to nail down an exact figure this weekend, so that I can give the people who register in advance a lower fee than at the door (like amybe $6-7.00 per instead of $10.00).

I'll nail that down by the weekend, as soon as the last caterer gets back to me with a price.

After seeing RotK, we'll probably have action-figure time and late-night giggle session, if last year is anything to go by.

Sunday, I was hoping to get Ken to do his thang with the fencing. Also, U.S. Play is across the parking lot from the hotel, so there should be plenty of fun options.

I welcome any suggestions for activities or changes to this agenda, though of course nobody HAS to do everything. Last year my sis and I went shopping during FotR:EE, and she went straight to bed when we got back from the theater after TT. At some point Jenny and I are going dancing this year, so we're pretty flexible within that framework.

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, we absolutely must go dancing. And even though the Sexy Boots aren't very comfortable, I'll probably wear them. I shall drink nothing but virgin Bloody Marys and get absolutely drunk on the beat and the music!

Ah, what a fine time we shall have. I am bringing my own action figures this year.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::Reads schedule::

::smiles::

Olivet
Member # 1104

Who else is coming?

Partial list:

Guys looking for roomies:
T Smith
Apostle Radio

Looking for roomies:
Hobbes?
kwsni
Psycho Triad
mackillian
Ophelia

Room sharers:
Ela
JaneX
Shlomo
Narr

ClaudiaTherese
Jenny Gardener
katharina
Olivet

Possibles:

Rakeesh
Olivet's sister
?
?

Daytrippers (not staying at hotel) :

Morbo
ana kata
?
?
?

[ December 11, 2003, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Olivet ]

Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
I thought Friday evening, since most folks will be arriving on Friday, we'd have a sort of informal, get to know ya sort of thing. Maybe play some games and whatnot. Dining will be catch as catch can, maybe some of us will order something from the take-out taxi, or whatever.

Those who arrive early will be pressed into service decorating, etc.

Friday night take-out would probably work best for us, since we couldn't go anywhere in a car to eat after dark. And we'd be happy to help with decorating.

**Ela**

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a possible, and if I go I will room with the guys group.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ya, fugu's got it with us, and also, according to AR, Rakeesh will be rooming with us.
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm bringing Toretha and her roommate Lacey, and Saudade and Andrei along with me. [Smile] Saudade is in Europe now but they should be back by then.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Myr was coming too. Can she not come?
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

1. Olivia, you didn't answer my email. [Mad]
2. I really, really can't stand lasagna. [Frown]
3. Okay, who wants to be my roomie? Anyone?

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Myr really really wants to come. Myr is not allowed to room with anyone but her parents. Myr's brother broke his leg, and now parents are required for him to get to and from school. It's complicated. I'm still working on it. But for now, I have to try to survive exam time [Frown]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Myr, find out your brothers email address.

Give it to me.

I'll help you out. ::mischevious grin::

Olivet
Member # 1104

mack, my sister has not gotten back to me about her situation. I didn't know what to say, yet. I do not have a room reserved in her name yet.
Olivet
Member # 1104

Anne Kate, are you guys going to stay the night Saturday? It might be a long trip. I mean, if we watch the movies EE on Saturday, and wait for an after-sundown showing of RotK, then it might be a late trip back. If you and Toretha, Lacy Saudade and Andrei share a room (somebody might get the floor, but I could arrange a bedroll or cot, I think) then one night wouldn't be too expensive if you split it up.

Going back to B'ham that late might not be a good idea, though I admit my suggestion is made partly just to have ya'll around longer. [Wink] [Smile]

mackillian
Member # 586

Okay, sorry.
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm planning on coming.

Zevlag is trying to come. *Probably with me*

[ December 11, 2003, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: raventh1 ]

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

Raventh and Zevlag will probly be rooming with ken and I. I'll just try to survive unusually high levels of geekiness.

Ni!

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I can come but I don't think I should committ to something like this before taking finals, just to avoid some guilt. [Wink] [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.