FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Kingdom of Loathing (Page 23)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
So I went back after a while and found the pretentious paint and paintbrush and the Pretentious Artist is unlocking all these tattoos for me. What's the point of having all these tattoos?

[ August 07, 2004, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: JonnyNotSoBravo ]

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
This is SOOOO silly....

it makes me want to join...lol..

I will check this out tommorrow...lol

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
JNSB-O,

good luck!

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, yeah, my level 9 Sauceror has no problems with the icy peak, either. Go in, use up some mana points with Sauce Geyser (Im guessing you'll get it later), heal self when needed.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Some Icy Peak hints:

1) The cell phones do fantastic damage--to you if you try to use it against another penguin. DO NOT TRY TO USE IT AGAINST ANOTHER PENGUIN.

Trust me on this.

Bad idea.

I mean, Bad Idea.

2) Mafia Aria must be sung with Mafia Cumberbund or some such. Then you just walk through these guys like silly putty.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I dreamt of disembodied brains raining down from heaven.

My husband calls me Ms. Loathing now.

[Smile]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, however, I would suggest trying both of those activities (cell phone against a penguin and Aria without the cumerbund) once, because it's just funny. Seriously.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't hit the yetis on the mountain (they can't hit me either) and I get totally killed by the penguins. I am a 9th level Disco Bandit. What weapon should I be using? Can anyone help me smith a really good crossbow or something?
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
What are your stats? If they're high enough you could get a star crossbow. Next best is a chrome crossbow, but that will likely be much more expensive since it requires a dense meat stack and two chrome ores. I'm not sure, but it may actually be less expensive to buy it outright at the mall. But I'd definitely go for the star, since it gives you a nice +8 moxie boost. Disco Bandits have crossbow fever right?
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Is no one playing anymore? I got into this late.

Why can I not get admitted to the clan. Nobody likes me! [Cry]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

All right - Elronds Handmaiden, a level 3 pastamancer has applied.

Let her in.

And that's it-I will create no more characters. Promise.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that the clan officials don't Hatrack much on weekends.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Then I shall have to struggle on, clanless, for a while.

I shall be brave.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Well, I just found out you can only join one clan. Darn.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
*narrows eyes* Where else do your loyalties lie?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Pweb. I was seeing if I could join that, donate money and get a meat tree, and be able to get an extra 500 meat from them as well. Apparently, I can't.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

These are my stats:

Muscle: 56 (47)
Mysticality: 48 (45)
Moxie: 79 (73)

And I have all the stuff I need for the chrome crossbow, I just don't have the ability to smith it. I need a Seal Clubber to do the work for me. Anyone want to help me out?

Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
solo, I can help you out. Send the stuff over to zgator and he can smith it for you.

Are there any turtle tamers that could help me out smithing some turtly stuff?

Also, what do you get when you donate meat at the Hall of the Legends? I'm a little hesitant to donate 30,000 to find out.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

Sure zgator, just send anything you need a turtle tamer to take care of to Mathais. I'll bang it out and send it on back (unless, of course I'm out of adventures for the day, in which case it will have to wait till the following one. But I haven't used any yet today).
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
You get stats when you donate meat to the hall of legends.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
To add to that: you can donate less than 30,000 meat. 30,000 is just the limit, and it includes donation for all three halls combined. You need to be holding the key to a particular hall to donate meat. I get my keys from the Daily Dungeon. I ate one of my keys just to see how good a Key Lime Pie really was. If you're good at making money and want to use your adventures just to explore and have fun, then donating meat is a really easy way to pump up your stats. Each hall pumps up a different stat.

You can probably extrapolate this to everything in the game. Whenever you see three distinct choices that are non-yes/no/maybe, then it probably correlates to stats. E.g. the shore and the three possible vacations, the halls and the three possible donations, etc.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pod
Member # 941

- posted      Profile for Pod           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Parmesan Cat is also attempting to join the clan (thats also me, i keep running out of adventures with my other characters, so i make new ones).
Posts: 4482 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

How do you make new characters? Itried and it said that my e-mail was already in use. I have 2 more e-mails here, but what is the point if they aren't on the same account?

My saucermancer will be applying for the guild soon...a day or two, probabaly. His name is Kwea....go figure... [Big Grin]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Evil things happening!

Bug Meat? Made with meat vortex's?

Things are getting screwy!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

Yep, bad, bad things happening to the KoL economy at the moment. Two days ago it was so bad you couldn't afford anything. Now, in a bizzare switch, some of the best foodstuffs and drinks in the kingdom are 10 meat apiece in the mall (probably thanks to Jick making it possible to limit the number of purchases made per day).

As for the bug that let people get 18 quintillion meat [Eek!] . Sheesh, how much do you really need? Fortunately, I think most of us are still able to have fun with the quests and adventuring side of things, and aren't forced to play the market to have a good time. I guess the bug had something to do with meat vortexes, but I know no more than that, nor do I want to.

On the other side, has anyone figured out where the Penguin Mafia has spread to yet? Apparently they've been making strategic hits on certain folks' meat supplies for one (which, I must say, is just a brilliant way for Jick to start to deal with this whole bugmeat issue).

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap! I just got jacked by the Penguin Mob in the Hole in the Sky!
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pod
Member # 941

what's going on with the meat?
Posts: 4482 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

There's some sort of bug going on with meat, I think-and so to counteract that, Jick has had some monsters-in my experience so far, the Penguin Astronaut Mafia in the Hole in the Sky-swipe lots of meat from characters with large sums in their inventory.

Unfortunately, in my case the large sums came from legitimate food sales [Frown]

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

Are you safe if you keep your money at your campsite?

Maybe they won't bother us poor low-level characters.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

That's what I did after the first time. I still had money jacked, but it didn't deduct from my Colossal Closet meat.
Tammy
Member # 4119

How much money did they take?

My first test player Tammmy all of a sudden ended up with millions?

I wrote Jick...basically asking him what do I do with it.

I'm sure they have ways of tracing, to determine that Tammmy is innocent. Everytime I used a meat vortex as a weapon, I ended up losing meat, not gaining it.

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Normally, if you used a Meat Vortex outside of combat, you lost meat.

I was mugged of 100 HP and 10,000 meat, but as I said, it only deducted from my current inventory, not the stash in my Colossal Closet.

And I for one think Tammy is GUI-LTY, guilty guilty guilty! All that sweetness, the cute character names, it's a sham!

Tammy
Member # 4119

It was during combat that I lost meat using a meat vortex.

*sham this*
[Razz]

I'm nerdy enough playing this game as much as I do. Imagine if I had the actual nerd power to pilfer that much meat.

Smart geeks scare me.

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
If your meat was stolen, I recommend putting it into dense meat stacks. It's like gold bars in a game I used to play... Sells for the same amount as it costs to make.

I think it was Dark Cloud...

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
I came in on the tail end of the uber-capitalistic frenzy of wild speculation at the mall and managed to make a pretty good bundle by putting out stuff that was selling high.

The buyouts of certain goods will be harder now that people can limit how many of an item may be sold to an individual in a given day.

In celebration, some of the shopkeepers are selling stuff super cheap, with daily limits of 1 to 7 purchases per day. I've found extra-spicy bloody marys, salty dogs, and other drinks for ten meat apiece. You can also find Hell Ramen for ten meat! Now's the time to go out and stock up on supplies!

Obviously, there are a lot of people stuck with goods they bought at inflated prices hoping they'd go even higher. They're stuck with them now, with very deflated market prices right now.

Serves them right. [Razz]

BTW, anyone have any idea how one gets to accumulate enough stuff to make a few thousand salty dogs????? Ditto the Hell Ramens.

Something isn't right.

(PS - thanks for the "heads up" about the meat-stealing. I just stowed a lot of surplus away in my closet.)

[ August 09, 2004, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

There was a bug or 3 exploited on the weekend that allowed the duplication of items as well as the generation of billions of meat. Jick is undecided as to what he is going to do but has considered eliminating all of the meat currently in the game as well as getting rid of many of the duplicated items.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Whats the point of the meat golem, and barbed wire fence at your campsite, if your campsite is going to be safe anyway?
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... okay, so I bought a store, called the promenade, and put an abridged dictionary in it priced at 9000 meat. So I check it just now and someone bought the dictionary. Where is my 9000 meat? I have 90 meat in my budget in the store, but my amount of meat in the lefthand frame is the same. Do I really only get 90 out of 9000 meat?

[ August 09, 2004, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Rappin' Ronnie Reagan ]

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh... never mind... there it is. *feels stupid*
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

[/QUOTE]
Cannon Contributors!
Top Twenty Contributors:
Name Meat
Qrrbrbirlbel 150000000000
DaPunisher 41111111111
Butters 11529575503
Sharpie 4441814232
kol 4294967295
Jalandy 4272585716
Fro Fussilli 4196000000
darcagn 4130000000
Gertie 4090000000
lect 4000000000
BOGES 3812100000
jebuspwns 3810000000
Trog Dor 3800000083
NovusOrdoSeclorum 3589544609
undertaker 3380848107
Contrickster 3181878350
wonko the sane 3000000000
Shannorg 2800000000
Scarface80 2778265156
Charr
[QUOTE]

You go, Wonko the Sane!!!

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Today's moons apparently favor Mysticality.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

Yep. And there's some interesting stuff going on. Notice the new store? And the big cannon? I wonder about the bowls of oatmeal for our La-Z Archers. Is it something we're going to have to keep up, or is it just a boost? There are indications in the notes that go both ways.
Scott R
Member # 567

Just opened my store, 'Tutto a Posto.'

Lots of miscellanea there-- my prices are a bit on the high end, I know. . . I'm just fiddling around, and since this is all stuff I've gathered legally (i.e., killed others to get), I figured I don't lose anything anyway.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

Has our clan been attacked before?
Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, my character, a lev 3 saucerer named Kwea (go figure), just applied for membership last night.

This is a very strange game.....

Kwea

Scott R
Member # 567

Um. . . check it out. . . open a store.

My first four hours with a store, I've made 46000.

Pod
Member # 941

Hey just mentioning again, i applied to the clan as Parmesan Cat, and haven't heard anything back still
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
uh, sorry, i've been out of town and stuff. let me hit the list and see who's who...
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pod
Member # 941

It's cool, thanks for accepting [Smile]
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.