FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Kingdom of Loathing (Page 7)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I just contributed 4k meat to the clan. w00t.

Well, not just. Last night. But whatever.

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Drakeula has a problem. He keeps getting these bottles of cheap wine.

They don't even listen when he says "I do not drink... wine."

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Boy is in.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know where to find beer lenses?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Beer lenses are in the Barrel of Fun in the MTS. Its a costly place to visit. I loose 100meat every time I go there.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my beer lenses in the Tavern. That's after clearing the rats out and getting your ring. Going back to the tavern is a chancy proposition, because you can either gain or lose TONS of stat points in one fell swoop. You can also, from time to time, get a beer lens.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

I stand corrected. Barrel=beer in my mind. Its in the tavern.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously, you're typing while wearing beer lenses.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I was wondering about that. I never remembered losing any meat in the Barrel full of Barrels. Dang, I've been avoiding the tavern like a plague ever since I took care of the rat problem because the first time I accidentally went in there I lost meat and stats. Figured it was a constant thing.

edit- money ----> meat

[ July 06, 2004, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Happy Camper ]

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeay! I'm at level 6 now. Where in the world do I go to find stuff for the lock on the door in the cave? Also, does anyone know a use for rat whiskers and appendixes? I've tried cooking them with different things and haven't hit on a working combo yet.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
They make excellent Kabobs, not sure about the whiskers yet. As for the locks, if you have extra materials from when you built your car, that should help. And the next one, think about what you might need under more normal circumstances with that material.

[ July 06, 2004, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Happy Camper ]

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

I think that all the whiskers are for is to keep track of how many rats you have killed in the tavern. I'm pretty sure mine disappeared when I finished that quest.

The appendices are, as has been said, for making kebabs. You'd be surprised how many disgusting things can suddenly become nourishing and even tasty when you put them on a skewer.

Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I have a cog/sprocket assembly, but still don't know how I'm supposed to use it to fix that stupid lock. I'm not a mechanical person! Isn't it enough that I built a bitchin' meat car?

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

assembly? Who said anything about an assembly?
celia60
Member # 2039

i actually finally passed that quest when i got rat gut from one of the bat caves...

where do i get fairy gravy? i finally got a mushroom, and i don't recall which it is in.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have a Knoll mushroom or a Knob mushroom? They're different.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
At around level 5-6, what can I do to heal more? Can I buy healing potions? Can I get anything better than a barskin tent to help me heal?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you adventure for pixels yet? Those make healing potions. Additionally, you should be able to obtain some anticheese by now. Combine that with a bowl of cottage cheese to make a cottage, which will increase your healing rate in camp. A fully leveled mosquito familiar will heal you for 2-5 points of damage every now and then, too.

[ July 06, 2004, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

Do you get the strange leaflet from the council yet? Finish that and you'll get a house.
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

Hehe, CT, didn't take you long to get addicted did it? It took me at least a week to break down and add that 4th char.
celia60
Member # 2039

i have one of each and you didn't answer my question. [Smile]
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I just dressed up in the 8-bit finery. As far as I can tell, I don't get any added benefit from wearing an "outfit" except for a new picture in the upper-left corner. Am I missing something?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Where do I get the anti-cheese?
saxon75
Member # 4589

Fairy gravy is found in the Haiku Dungeon. Anti-cheese is found at the Distant Lands Dude Ranch.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

Porter, if you still need an anti-cheese I think I have two, I can give one to you.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

Yeah, I've noticed that, too.
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

Yup, it changes on a day to day basis whether the hermit has the 10 leaf clover. Though for the last 3 or 4 days he hasn't. Typically, it's just when I've been looking for the dang thing. [Wall Bash]
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I picked up a ten-leaf clover at the distant shores resort. . .
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

My guys got free meat too! (It hasn't happened before, CT)

Wassup with that?

Not that I'm complaining, mind you... [Smile]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Our clan's meat tree gives out free meat to members based on the amount of meat in our stash. As members, you help pay us back by increasing your clan karma -- either by donating items you don't need, or donating at least 100 meat a day.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

You know, Sara, you SHOULD hang on to some personal meat. A lot of the items you want later in the game -- and a lot of the training options -- cost more meat than it's likely a level 5 - 7 character can make in a single day.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Aunt TPau and ChiTown Brown are in.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

I just got this message in the Cobb's Knob Menagerie:

You're fighting a Spectral Jellyfish

This is the enslaved spirit of a jellyfish that didn't quite make it to Jellyfish Heaven (where jellyfish go, to get away from Mormons and drunk Eskimos.)

saxon75
Member # 4589

I only recently started using any of my meat for myself. I figure now that we have the 50k in the bank, I don't need to put every last meat toward the coffers.

Does anyone know if the tattoos are useful in any way?

TomDavidson
Member # 124

Tattoos are not useful.

I have, by the way, decided that the best purchase Mindsweeper ever made was his kickback cookbook; it costs 4000 meat, but adds 10 damage to every one of his spells. This makes most combats at this level ridiculously easy.

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

I was finally able to get one of my characters onto the Icy Peak without dying. He's a Seal Clubber, and he uses his Thrust/Smack skill to do 3x damage that never misses. I am now getting about 300 gold each adventure, plus 15+ skill points and usually a yeti skin, which can be traded for either a hippo, penguin or yak skin, all of which can be used to smith some really great pants. It doesn't hurt that I finally got 60 Muscle, allowing me to wield the Drywall Axe (Power 150).
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
These are my characters, I know some of whom have been invited. Turin the Tipsy Turtle Tamer, Rakeesh, Jeff the Jerk, Jeff the Aldente . Clan invites, please. I give lots of meat!
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

I'm not sure what you want me to do, Rakeesh. Jeff the Jerk and Turin are both already clan members, and I see no other characters waiting to be admitted to the clan.
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

dirtboy1 wants in. #4 for me. ... [Angst]
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

dirtboy1 is in.
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a trick to beating the boss bat, or do I just have to keep attacking him until he dies?

edited for spelling.

[ July 07, 2004, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Derrell ]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Azile
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Azile   Email Azile         Edit/Delete Post 
Just attack him, he's very easy. [Smile]
Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

CT, how many characters do you HAVE??? *gapes in awe*
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, my bad UoLG. I forgot that some of those characters aren't high enough level, so I hadn't requested yet. Once I do, though, they'll be requesting.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Marvin T Martian has just applied for clan membership.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

I think one of my characters has everything needed to assmemble the car. Just two questions:

Can I use the "sweet rims" I got from the hermit instead of just "rims"? Plain old rims haven't come my way yet.

I am pretty sure I could plow through 350 messages here and get an answer, but could someone tell me how you make a meat stack? Do you just combine the meat or do I need something to do it?

Probably have a couple more characters applying tomorrow or Friday. A seal-clubber and a turtle-tamer. That's it, though. I cannot bring myself to do a character that's a disco anything.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
*very dignified

Mr. Funny, I have four characters:
1. Mr Boy
2. Aunt T'Pau
3. ChiTown Brown
4. The Historical Bentley

My friend has two more:
1. Marco Chagallo
2. Tatie Danielle

My other friend, I believe, is looking forward to starting another two characters, who she has yet to name.

*shifty look

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

Sweet rims are the rims you want in a car. As for the meat stack, you make it in your inventory just like you would make meat paste, only you need 100 instead of 10 meat.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

I'm beginning to hate that cave. How in the world do I get rid of salad? You don't have to tell me outright, but a hint would be very helpful.

space opera

Derrell
Member # 6062

OK, how do I get to the cave?
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.