FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Lost" discussion *including spoilers* (Page 22)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23   
Author Topic: "Lost" discussion *including spoilers*
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose it's not technically a hyperlink...more like a button. Anyway, clicking on the date underneath Alvar Hanso's picture should start the flash...
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Alright, I don't know if anyone's posted this yet...

Go to Joop's corner. In the Send Joop a message box, type in 'LYMON.' Hit send.

Another flash game ensues (connect the dots with Joop?)

After the game is over, you get to see a couple memos that are interesting...

I'm proud of myself for noodling this one-- I didn't cheat or anything. I noticed that the website www.sublymonal.com was being displayed on my toolbar as www.subLYMONal.com. I tried putting the word Lymon everywhere and finally came up lucky with Joop.

Good monkey.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Scott,
I hate to rain on your parade, but the 'send joop a message" button will work with any text...

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Aw, man...

Well, then, LYMON has to go somewhere else.

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anybody here pursued getting a copy of "Bad Twin"? It looks like it is a real book for sale on Amazon.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone else been following up on The Valenzetti Equation? It's the title of "another book by the author of Bad Twin" ... and it looks like a weird tie-in to Rambaldi, if you can believe it [Smile]

Basically, this dude Valenzetti came up with an equation that predicts the end of the world. Then he disappeared in a small plane over Europe. Now his son is trying to piece together his work and figure out what happened to him.

Here's my weird theory. The log that Locke printed out at the Pearl seemed to be recording HUGE numbers of hours, increasing at 108-minute intervals. If you do the math, and assume that the process started at zero hours, zero minutes, then the page that Locke looked at was recording entries that numbered close to 5,000 YEARS. Like, people have been making entries for that long.

Personally, I'm guessing that the Valenzetti Equation predicted something akin to the end of the Mayan Long Count calendar which, according to urban legend, promises that the earth will end and be renewed in 2012. The Mayan Long Count calendar has cycles of about 5125 years. SO ... maybe the button-pressing logs in the Pearl are using something like the beginning of the current cycle on the Mayan Long Count calendar as their starting point, and are counting up to the end of the world.

Or not. Just an idea [Smile]

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

sL, Tom: Huh-- now I'm not getting the link on Alvar Hanso's bio anymore.
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
They're screwing with us. Changing it all the time. Grrr.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

So... I've heard that Jack's plane ticket was dated 2009, and that the medical chart for that Italian guy he tried to save was dated sometime in Fall 2004 (when the show first aired). Which means it's all taking place in the near future.

It's hard to separate the hoaxes being played on us by Lindelof and Co. and those being perpetrated by fans.

I can't believe there are only 2 eps left this season, though. That's not nearly enough.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Earendil18:
That's a cool website, has anybody actually tried signing up for the newsletter? [Razz]

The password persephone is looking for is "breaking strain".

[Wink]

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
So far behind... [Wink]

thelostexperienceclues.blogspot.com

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys. I saw last night's episode. I was riveted to say the least!

But my experience with "Lost" has been that while I may be particularly engaged by one episode, I'm almost always dissapointed with how they follow up on material or progress the central plot.

What do you think of this neat, if not brief, article on the show's flaws?

Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Last night's episode was good, but I feel like it was mostly setup for the finale next week. I'm excited about the 2-hour episode. I think they could get away with all the episodes being longer, they have so much material to fit in.

Hopefully Syiad will take over, he seems to be the only smart guy on the island sometimes.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm curious about the sailing ship. I don't think it has anything to do with The Others, we know they have a trawler type ship, but we didn't know anything about a sail boat.

I tell you though, I couldn't stop laughing when Michael was introduced to "Ms. Clue." That was about the most ridiculous thing I've seen yet on LOST.

I'm wondering what Hurley, Sawyer, Jack and Kate all have in common though, what, anyway, that makes them so valuable that The Others want them.

I also think Michael could have found a way to free Henry without killing Ana Lucia or Libby. That was extremely careless of him, and whatever forgiveness I was willing to extend him for trying to free his son evaporated when I saw the flashback.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Her name is spelled C-L-U-G-H. Just so you know. [Wink]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Yes, that TOTALLY saves it. Now if The Others would just be sure to have their name tags on whenever the Lost people happened by...
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, on the closed captioning, it was "KLUGH".

See the stuff you catch when you watch with a crying baby?

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Pity her name wasn't Ms. Plugh. Then they could have introduced a Mr. Xyzzy, too.
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
I sure hope the writer/producers were joking when they spoke of the 7th season with laughter.
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

What was the website they showed on the Hanso commercial?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Try this
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so that one is interesting.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Walt is in on the Others' plan.

Michael never knew him.
He burned the boat.
I think the scene with Michael was a set-up. I do not think they would have let him see his father if they did not want him to say something/give something away.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting thought Elizabeth! But how did the others get to Walt? It's not like he was a native of the island. And Michael DID know him for the first part of Walt's life, even if Walt never knew who Michael was.

Anyway, I can't wait to see tonight's episode.

*grabs popcorn and soda*

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
So... We have to wait till next season to find out

1> Do michael and walt actually get away? (I assume they do. The actor who plays walt will have aged too much to play him for another season. And Michael has... burned a few bridges)
2> Did Locke and Ecko make it out of the hatch?
3> Did detonating the hatch actually do anything to stop the magnetic anomoly?
4> What are The Others going to do with all the hotties now that the 3 of them are in their custody?

Did I leave anything out?

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

5. What does Pen have to do with the whole thing?
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

You left out:

The four-toed colossus

and

Ms. Widmore's mysterious research [Smile]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm kind of fascinated that, for the first time, we actually saw a scene that looked like it was set in the present day, NOT on the island. I think that's a first.
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Isn't the Island set in the present day? Desmond gave the date on the readout that he missed putting in the Numbers of time as September, 2004.

Which back when the show started, was the present. [Smile]

EDIT: Of course, it just dawned on me...it'd only be, what? Late November, 2004 on the Island now?

[ May 25, 2006, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Puffy Treat ]

Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
So Pen tracked down Desmond. Found out that he had gotten stuck on the island. Somehow found out that it had an electromagnetic thing. And was trying to find its location based on that.

And the Others leader. What the heck. Is he the head honcho everyone is afraid of? Why would he put himself in such danger? And his quote about them being the good guys intrigued me. Sure all bad guys think they’re good. But he seemed to mean it for some reason. Did they ever kill anyone or just take them? They seemed to be pretty upset with the Lost crew if they killed anyone.

A strange episode. As usual we’re left with more questions then answers.

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
And the bird, and why Hurley thought it said his name.

Did anyone get anything from the new hanso fountation site other than some strange job descriptions?

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoeH
Member # 5958

- posted      Profile for JoeH   Email JoeH         Edit/Delete Post 
I appreciated the two guys in what I assume was an airplane (it was late and I was tired) speaking Portuguese and speaking it very well. Why Portuguese?

Does Mr. Card watch Lost? I bet he'd be interested in hearing the Portuguese.

Posts: 80 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
Good times. I enjoyed the episode, but I'm regretting staying up until 11. Teaching is an exhausting business.
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

The two guys playing chess? They were in one of those aluminium building things that the army uses. I'm guessing they were at the south pole.
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
People with closed captioning claim that the bird did indeed screech "Hurley!!!"

My guess is that Penelope's father has something to do with the Hanso Corporation, that it's no accident that Desmond ended up on the island, and that Penelope knows enough about this that she knows what to look for as evidence of the island's whereabouts. Where does Libby come in? Would she really just give a boat away out of the kindness of her heart, or was she put up to it?

As for the statue with 4 toes: Aliens!!! It's so obvious.

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

The statue is Homer Simpson
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I stand by my Walt theory even more now.
Why did he not yell for his father when he was hunched down in the boat?

Also, and this may be way off since I missed a bunch of epsiodes:

I read a bit on the Hanso site about cryogenics being one of the things the company does?

Well, how did Henry get those cuts on his lip?
I just got this weird, creeped out feeling that he was a cryogenic experiment, and sort of patched back up. Just a thought.

I think Pen's dad is in on it.

I do not think any of it is a cooincidence, but all part of an overreaching sociological experiment.

Oh, nad the Pixiest? You left out one thing: How are the hotties going to be cooped together in a love triangle?

Don't forget their rescuability by Sayid.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
The "Hurley bird" was a nod to the fans. There was a weird rumor going around that in an earlier scene back in season one, a bird called Hurley's name. The bird didn't actually call Hurley's name, but you know how if you really want to hear a significant word in a strange sound, then it's easy to fool yourself into thinking you heard it [Smile] Like people hearing Satanic messages when they play records backward.

Anyway. So when they actually had a bird say "Hurley", I think ti was meant as an in-joke [Smile]

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Maybe they can incorporate some sort of rapid growth thing with Walt to explain why he is so much bigger.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

quote:
Originally posted by BandoCommando:
Interesting thought Elizabeth! But how did the others get to Walt? It's not like he was a native of the island. And Michael DID know him for the first part of Walt's life, even if Walt never knew who Michael was.

Did Michael know him from the start? I thought he found out he was a dad later on? (like I said, I've missed a lot of episodes)

Henry keeps saying how helpful Walt has been. I think he was a plant from the start, somehow.

I have never seen many Others epidsodes, but I got the sense from last night that the Others are as uncomfortable with Henry as everyone else. Maybe they are renegade Hanso Corp. people. (sorry if this seems obvious)

The four toed statue I took as a joke, like a fake Colossus of, as someone said, Homer Simpson or something.

When will Season 2 be out on dvd, does anyone know? I need some gap fillers!

Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Oct 3 is the release date for the second season.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctm
Member # 6525

- posted      Profile for ctm   Email ctm         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't I hear Henry say that they got more than they expected with Walt? Something like that, anyway, I don't remember the exact words.
Posts: 239 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

ctm, it was something like that.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Shanna,
Wouldn;t it make more sense to release it earlier, so more people could be able to watch the show in the fall?(like my husband)

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

notHenry Gale got those cuts on his face from when Sayid tortured him.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, sure, PT, ruin my fun.
Still, he looks like he recently returned from the dead.

Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
Walt was taken away by his mother when he was very young...but Michael did live with him at first.
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Hmm.
What do we know about Walt's mother?

PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

- posted      Profile for PUNJABEE   Email PUNJABEE         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elizabeth:
Hmm.
What do we know about Walt's mother?

Her and Mr. Worthless (AKA Michael) were lovers but she never wanted to marry Michael. I guess she knew how worthless he was.

Anyway I can't remember why, but for some reason Michael was in a bad accident and was in the hospital for like a year or something. Walt's mom was working with some guy who ended up liking her and they were going to move to Australia and get married.

Then she died for some reason and the step-dad said there was something odd about Walt so he wanted to get rid of him.

Posts: 317 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
Michael was hit by a car after getting off a pay phone with his wife
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.