FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Lost" discussion *including spoilers* (Page 20)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   
Author Topic: "Lost" discussion *including spoilers*
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
815 Walnut Ridge Rd, Wayzata, MN 55391.

Well, another thing if you want to have fun with the numbers is that 55391 adds up to be 23.

I enjoyed the episode. It was one of the better ones in a while. And I agree, why don't they talk about Michael or Walt anymore?

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You believed him? Wow.
Ya, I guess that I figured at some point they have to make someone forthcoming, but then again, not now apparently.

I can't remember who suggested (Edit to add: Mean Old Frisco)that Henry might be "another Other", but I'd love to hear more what you are thinking about this. How big do you think this island really is? Just more questions.

Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
I am curious about the sense of balance the island seems to be bringing..

-Claire's baby born on the island is a boy, Danielle's is a girl

-the island restores use of locke's legs then "takes" them again

-Boon and Shannon are brought back together on the flight home, separated by death on the island, then reunited in death by the island

Anyone think of any others? I need to get to bed. There were some more I thought of last night but now I can't remember....

Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Peterh, I'm quite sure that the girl Locke did the inspection for was Sai'ds girl, Nadia.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by starLisa:
"When I need the guns, I'll get them" was the best line of the ep.

lol, I loved that line as well. [Smile]
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
-the island restores use of locke's legs then "takes" them again
I was thinking that when the door dropped, but he seems to be able to use at least one of them and I think the other wound isn't that serious.

It looks like the Henry Gale name might not have been a gimmick if the real Henry Gale that's buried did come by the balloon.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I was also thinking when the door dropped that it had crushed his legs, but when they got it up again it looked like one of the locking pins sticking out of the bottom of it had made a nasty wound in his thigh, but the actual door hadn't fallen far enough to break bones. I was definitely expecting a "the island giveth, and the island taketh away" motif though--didn't that happen once before? When he and Boone were looking for the crashed plane, Locke had started to lose feeling in his legs.

I was also expecting that we'd find out that he got in the wheelchair via those thugs showing up looking for the money and shooting him. Guess not, or maybe they're saving that for the next Locke episode.

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

Was anyone else thinking he was an idiot for depending on a toolbox to keep that door open?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
He seems claustrophobic. The way he moved so fast to get out, without taking time to think. Locke usually thinks too much, if anything. So his reacting like that seemed phobic.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
Locke's character does seem to be changing. At the beginning of the series he seemed more self-confident and knowledgeable. Now though he seems to be weaker.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it was Sayid's gal.

I also think Locke's dad is connected to Sawyer's parents.

"Should I get a ruler" was the best line in the show.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
So if it was, Sayid's lady friend, then we have yet another connection amongst the characters.

Two days after the episode and I still am reeling. Can't wait for next week.

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"Locke's character does seem to be changing. At the beginning of the series he seemed more self-confident and knowledgeable. Now though he seems to be weaker."

The island balance again.
Locke starts out as a pretty emotional, naive fellow, what with his evil father and all.
On the island, he comes across as a hard, emotionless automaton.
Now, he is changing back to a more vulnerable character.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Olivet:
"Should I get a ruler" was the best line in the show.

I know, right? Especially because that's just about what I was thinking when she said it. Not in those words, but the same basic concept.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

[ROFL]

Not the best episode ever, but Sawyer being engulfed by the Giant Blue Tarp Amoeba was freakin' priceless [Big Grin]

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I had hoped great things, because it was a Hurley episode, but it was more weird than entertaining.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akhockey
Member # 8394

- posted      Profile for akhockey           Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh. This week sucked. I love Hurley and am ecstatic that him and Libby are hitting it off. But it just p'd me off this week. Even putting forth the idea that the island is a figment of anybody's imagination makes me very angry. And then they pull us along the whole episode with this story line, and then make us go "phew, I'm glad it's NOT fake". Then BAM! Libby WAS in the psych ward. Like ooommmmgggg. I hate it when they keep waffling on characters...they made me annoyed with Charlie that way with his Is He/Isn't He/Is He/Isn't He heroin business. Ugh.

Eko is building a church.

Locke is getting annoying.

Henry is a manipulating turd -- I like his character. He's got this just evil side to him that makes him a pure Other.

Next week looks SWEET! Henry mentions Walt -- and I bet he's the one to bring him up.

Posts: 193 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Of course he's building a church. I totally called that one. I bet Charlie is his first member. He'll find a higher power and shun drugs forever. Not only can the island fix broken legs (well, at least the first time you break them) but it can also free addicts from a life of addiction.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
What if Libby is an other. She had a very strange look on her face when they walked away from the edge.

And Dave said the same thing to Hurley as he jumped off the cliff, "See you in another life" that Desmond told Jack in the stadium last season...

What if all the characters are all in some psych ward and are getting plugged into some matrix-like holodeck that allows them to all interact with each other. All these characters have serious issues...

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Libby can't be an other. The dark look was because she was in the psyc ward with Hurley and doesn't want him to know. Which was obvious weeks and weeks ago. See you in another life is also what Nadia wrote on her photo for Sayid.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
I totally forgot about the Nadia photo thing. Good one.
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
ApostleRadio, why was it obvious "weeks and weeks ago" that Libby was in the same psych ward as Hurley??
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am still a bit lost, ahem, but I really liked this episode.

What was Hurley's friend's name in the psych ward? Beacuse that b****** got me to eat two rows of Tagalongs las night.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

Because Hurley recognized her from somewhere, and she claims to be a Psychologist. So either she worked at the Psyc ward, or she was in it. As soon as Hurley told her he recognized her, she changed the subject by changing clothes behind him, counting on the fact that he was obviously attracted to her to distract him and kill the subject. She didn't want him to know where he knew her from, which led me and others to believe it was from the psyc ward. Simple as pie. [Smile]

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
damn you and your logical thought!
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Forum browsing also helps because there's always 10 threads that are started that have the subject line "LIBBY AT PSYCH WARD???" posted by l05tIe1337. [Wink]
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

I don't do the forum thing. It's more fun to figure it out for myself.

--ApostleRadio

Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you think Locke will realize that Henry is lying through his teeth (once again) about letting the timer run out and nothing happening?

One of the notes on the hidden island diagram says that one of the "vaults" is unreachable because the distance can't be traveled in 108 minutes.

If the author of the diagram was concerned about the 108 minute time limit, the appearance of the message isn't related to the timer running out.

Someone should shiv "Henry" before he does any more damage.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

One of the other notes says that mobility is limited during supply drops, or something to that effect. So the hatch shutdown was most likely due to the falling food.

--ApostleRadio

neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the last few minutes of tonight's episode were really something. It seems that the Others must have offered Michael a deal that he'd get Walt back if he helped Henry escape... Not that I think they have any intention of honouring it. He's such a fool.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

Either that, or some sort of post-hypnotic suggestion. I think it very unlikely that he really spotted an Other and was able to follow him back to camp and observe the camp for however long he was there without them noticing him.
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

For sure. I'm thinking that's all lies. Hypnosis is certainly a possibility.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

Also, did people catch the Hanso Corp. ad in the middle of one of the commercial breaks?
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Stray, yup. The phone number is busy though (1-800-hansorg).

Also, it seems that Ana Lucia was an other as well?

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Where did they say Ana Lucia is an Other?

"Henry" said that "Goodwin" thought well of Ana Lucia...but he was probably lying just to make Ana feel guilty...not reveal that Goodwin was her mentor or something.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, my.

I do not think Michael was hypnotised.

Yet, how did he know AL would have a gun?

Oh, my.

neo-dragon
Member # 7168

It seems that the Others have info about all of the survivors, and decide which ones are worthy of whatever they need them for.
RackhamsRazor
Member # 5254

- posted      Profile for RackhamsRazor   Email RackhamsRazor         Edit/Delete Post 
Michael's plan was perfect. Make it look like Henry was only out of the hatch for a minute before he grabbed the gun, shot and killed Ana Lucia and Libby and just barely missed killing him. This way, there is no question that everyone will rally up in arms to go get Walt back. If one of the Others could do that then they must all take up the fight. His only goal is to get his son back - no matter how many people die.

Oh, and Ana Lucia is not an Other. Goodwin was an Other and he was apparently wanting to capture Ana Lucia and have her join the ranks of Others because he thought he could change her.

Posts: 306 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
What I gathered was the same as Razor.

Though my father holds to more of what Neo-Dragon said. Though my father thinks that he may have even joined the others to get to his son. Imagine what Razor said, but what if he knew they were powerful, and he made a deal with the Others to get the whole party there. Henry was pretty confident that their boss was going to kill him. So if Michael was in contact with the others, made a deal for Walt, and went back to the camp, it's a perfect plot, eh?

I mean, he just 'happens' to pop out of the forest when Jack's screaming there?

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

quote:
Originally posted by RackhamsRazor:
Michael's plan was perfect. Make it look like Henry was only out of the hatch for a minute before he grabbed the gun, shot and killed Ana Lucia and Libby and just barely missed killing him. This way, there is no question that everyone will rally up in arms to go get Walt back. If one of the Others could do that then they must all take up the fight. His only goal is to get his son back - no matter how many people die.

That's another possibility, but that only works if Michael really does know where they are, and like I said above, I don't believe that he could have followed one without being noticed. So if he does know where they are that probably means that he was captured and released, which kinda supports the idea that he made a deal. But getting the survivors to take up arms against the Others certainly wouldn't have been part of the deal. If the Others wanted them dead, I believe they could have done it any time. So maybe we're both right. Perhaps Michael was captured, told that he'd get Walt back if he helped Henry escape, but knowing that he couldn't trust the Others, he's playing both sides and using Henry's "escape" to get the survivors to attack the Others.
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so pissed at Michael. I was just starting to like Anna Lucia, and bam!

My current theory is that the island has taken in all these damaged people, and it's giving them a chance to make good. As soon as they make up for the failings of their lives, they're ready to go, so they're free to die. Anna Lucia decides to own up to her mistake, comes home to her mother, and realizes that she can't kill a man in cold blood, and BAM, dead.

For this reason, I think Libby is still alive. She still hasn't had a chance to accomplish whatever it is that she's on the island to do. She was shot in the stomach, and through a blanket. She could easily survive if Jack gets to her in time, which I think he will since Locke was just about to tell him about Anna's gun.

Maybe the island is like Purgatory. You get to make your choice, do you want heaven, or do you want hell. Looks like Michael choose poorly.

Edit: The Hanso commercial in the middle of the show was sneaky. I checked out the website and the phone number. Very cool. I like it when shows run extra material like this. http://www.thehansofoundation.org/

[ May 04, 2006, 05:11 AM: Message edited by: MightyCow ]

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
People should try signing up for the newsletter thingy. It's quite interesting. Sadly, I don't live in the US so I can't call the number.
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

That's a cool website, has anybody actually tried signing up for the newsletter? [Razz]

Also, did anybody else recognize the voice in the commercial? I'd swear that's Carlton Cuse the exec. producer and screenwriter!

Lisa
Member # 8384

Henry said, "You killed two of us". Was he talking about the Losties in general? Ana Lucia had only killed two people on the island: Goodwin and Shannon, and Shannon surely wasn't an Other.

So who were the two people Henry was talking about?

And the fact that Michael shot himself in the shoulder at the very end means that Razor is right. He decided to sacrifice Ana Lucia so that the Losties would go after the Others. It was just Libby's bad luck that she came in at that moment. I guess we'll never find out what kind of crazy she was.

At first, I really did think that Michael had been turned by them. When he spun that story about the Others living in tents and such. We already know that they're a bunch of fakes, and it's hard to imagine that they'd really be living like that 24/7. So now I'm torn. Unless the Others have a reason to want the Losties to come after them.

Also... Goodwin was a stone killer. He murdered the guy he let out of the pit just to cover his trail. Henry can say anything he wants about the Losties being the murderous ones, but he's full of it.

A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So who were the two people Henry was talking about?
I assume the two that Eko killed.

Our assumption over here is that the Others made a deal with Michael. We'll give you Walt if you rescue Henry and lead the aggressive Losties into a trap.

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's an idea (formulated by me and my wife):

Several of the Losties have had revealed that they've killed someone (remember the drinking game in Season 1 with Kate and Sawyer; that was sweet). Could the difference between "good" ones, who get taken, and "bad" ones who don't, be that "good" ones have never killed? Do you think one of the Losties killed Jack's dad? If so, who's your money on?

quote:
And the fact that Michael shot himself in the shoulder at the very end means that Razor is right.
Why couldn't it just be part of the Others' plan. Capture him, reprogram him, and place him as the mole/traitor. He'd have to have some reason why Henry killed the two women, but allowed Michael to live. This way, he's at least semi-believable. I still wonder how hard it'll be (or ought to be) for him to explain how he was at Henry's mercy and Henry only managed to wing him.
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
The Hanso website gives me the heebie-jeebies.

It screams, "I want your brain in PASTE...L! PASTEL!"

[ May 04, 2006, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: Scott R ]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

Any idea what the password may be on the newsletter section? No matter what I type, it says to use the call center in the TV ad section, but there is no number in the TV ad section, at least that I can see.

--ApostleRadio

prolixshore
Member # 4496

Nevermind. The phone number is 877-hansorg. I confused it with the website from last night. It is currently giving me a busy signal.

--ApostleRadio

zgator
Member # 3833

quote:
It was just Libby's bad luck that she came in at that moment. I guess we'll never find out what kind of crazy she was.

Why do you think she's dead? I mean besides being shot twice. The only one they said for sure is dead is Ana Lucia. Libby had a blanket conveniently placed where she was shot. She might have had something wrapped in the blanket that deflected the bullets or Jack could still save her if not.

Does anyone else think it strange that Ana Lucia was shot in the stomach and died so quickly? I thought that always meant a long painful death - at least on TV.

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.