FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I take offense -- another game???? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: I take offense -- another game????
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Do the math, loser! It was three minutes, not one minute ago.

Edit: Ahem. I think I responded to something on, like, the first page, sorry.

Plus, I insulted rather than took offense.

[ October 15, 2004, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm insulted that you won't buy it because I'm selling it for free. Not good enough for ya?
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AbeLinclon
Member # 6923

- posted      Profile for AbeLinclon   Email AbeLinclon         Edit/Delete Post 
We're an autonoumous collective...
Posts: 42 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am highly offended by your misspelling of "autonomous," Abe.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

And his insinuation that Abraham Lincoln was a "clone".
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Why? Do you have something against clones? So, you're a clonist, are you?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

CStroman,
I am totally and utterly devastated by the fact that you did not insult me.

CStroman
Member # 6872

Then you're really going to be offended by this....

I think you're....WAY COOL!!!! [The Wave] [Party] [Hail] [Hail] [Hail]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am not only offended by your compliment, but also disgusted by your overuse of smilies; I consider overuse of smilies to be the use of one smilie.

[ October 15, 2004, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

I'm offended that you'd consider them smiling. There's not a smile in the whole bunch of them.
CStroman
Member # 6872

Oh, so I see how it is sarcastic....just because you're a green martian with no nose you think you can stick your tongue out at us humans because your better, eh? We'll just see about that....
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am insulted FOR Sarcasticmuppet, because you did not use the PC term for noseless, which is "probiscally challenged."

[ October 15, 2004, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that you think I can't fight my own fights, Elizabeth.

and I'm offended at Chad for assuming that *just* because I'm green, I must be from Mars.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended that you used my screen name when you used Chad's real name, even though my screen name IS my real name.
CStroman
Member # 6872

Ok Kermit I'm offended because I think muppets are very serious.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

I'm offended that you think the term "muppet" applies exclusively to Kermit the Frog.
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Good grief!!! Don't you people have a life? Cant you find anything better to do than malign and denigrate fellow human beings? I'm disgusted at the lot of you. Why don't you try posting something good about people instead of nitpicking at all the little sh*t? Grow up everyone and have a great day!

[ October 15, 2004, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
I am belatedly offended at Boon's lack of knowledge about my female-osity. And also at the complete frivolity of this thread. Come on, guys, there are serious issues to be considered here!
Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

I'm offended that you would assume we're all human beings and that we have lives apart from Hatrack.
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, right, Chad, because you exist only in a computer and on the Hatrack forum? Because you have no human form? Why don't you just go ahead and say you're a mini-Jane? You're so arrogant; it's incredibly offensive to the rest of us.
Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

From looking at your registration date, I'm offended that you presume to know what having Hatrack take over your life even means.
CStroman
Member # 6872

I'm offended that I have to go home now. It's all your faults! Good night!
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended by you wishing it to be a good night! Why can't it be a bad night! Bad nights have rights too! Are you a nightist!?
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you suggesting that there are only two kinds of nights, good and bad. That kind of dualism is insulting to the critical thinking ability of every one on this form. Why I've seen moon lit nights, dark new moon nights when a comet sailed high in the sky, cold windy Montana nights that could freeze your toes off in a flash, warm sunny nights with swarming fire flies. I've seen nights filled with sirons and traffic accidents, dark foggy nights. Lonely nights, dull nights, spirited nights.

How could you possible reduce that to good and bad nights.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
Well reading that last post was one minute of my life wasted.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Well at least you weren't offended by it. Which of course means that you have no right posting in this thread. I find it so insulting when hatrackers can't follow the simplest of rules.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

How dare you accuse me of breaking the rules? I was very much offended by it. So offended, in fact, that I saw no need to go to great lengths to describe how irrelevant it was, I simply dismissed it as beneath me. How dare you qualify my sense of offense and compare it to yours! I don't have to put up with your offendeder-than-thou attitude!
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am deeply insulted that you made me bust out laughing after reading the term "Offendeder-than-thou attitude."
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Must you always deride those who are just trying to add to the English language? I can't believe you can't celebrate their bravery and imagination!
Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

I'm deeply offended that you should both compliment me in what is clearly a thread for taking offense.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Don't be so vane as too assume that everything is intended as a compliment to you. Lost Ashes comment was clearly intended as a general praise of people who add to the English language. That you would see it as specific praise for you and your post is very offensive.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I find the length of your paragraphs offensive, The Rabbit.

[ October 15, 2004, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I am amazed and appalled that you can't just let dh have his little bit of pleasure. Must you go ruining everything for everyone?

[ October 15, 2004, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

ElJay,
I take extreme umbrage at the fact that you were not offended by me.

dh
Member # 6929

I'm offended that you used the word umbrage before I thought of it.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended that you used the word umbrage after I used it.

[ October 15, 2004, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

The Rabbit
Member # 671

Don't fret. I was so deeply offended by your post that I had to take a few minutes to cool down before responding.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Elizabeth, I certainly would have been offended by you had I seen your post. make no mistake about it.

dh, you I am ignoring on purpose, as I am just too offended to respond to you.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

ElJay, when you referred to me as not even worthy of being post-seen by you, it made me feel very offended.
ElJay
Member # 6358

I am also, for everyone's information, incredibly offended at how fast this thread is moving. Has it no sense of propriety? My goodness! A civilized thread would never expand at such a rate.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Oh, and you just skip over my post like it wasn't even there. No one ever pays attention to me on this forum. I don't know why I bother posting.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Elizabeth, I believe you purposfully misinterpreted my words, and I find that gravely offensive. It should be obvious that your post was simply not there when I began typing mine. How could you not understand that?
dh
Member # 6929

I'm deeply offended that you would be offended at the speed of the expansion of offendedness. This entire offense thread serves the purpose of offendedness! Can't you see that? You offend me. I'm also offended that you would ignore me because you're too offended by me, when this is clearly the place to be offended. Therefore, being offended should be a good thing, but you offend me by considering it a bad thing. Which makes you a double... no, triple offender! How offensive.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

The Rabbit, because you have an article attached to your screen name, I feel offended. I am further offended by your lack of "I" talk, whch places ownership of the feelings back on the feeler. And I am further offended that in my response to you, my writing deteriorated.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

dh, You take offense at being ignored when people are responding to you left and right. Your have no idea what its like to be ignored. When people skip over your posts time and time again, then you might have something to complain about.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

ElJay and dh, when you post so quickly, it makes me feel offended.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Elizabeth, I am offended that you try to shift responsibility for your feelings onto dh and myself.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

The Rabbit, when you post at the same time as I do, it makes me feel offended.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

I have used "I" as often on this forum as anyone else. Besides, its not about what I think or feel. Its not a matter of opinion - its a fact. Your posts are offensive.
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.