FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I take offense -- another game???? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: I take offense -- another game????
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay, when you post as quickly as The Rabbit, it makes me feel offended, but I am offended by the ACTION, not by you. I separate the offense from who you are as a human being.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth, I'm offended that you should try to cushion the expression of your offence to make it not so bad. Either have the courage to be truly offended, or don't be offended at all.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
The Rabbit, I am so offeneded that you would presume to claim your opinions are fact. Perhaps the rest of us don't agree? Does that matter to you in the slightest? I thought not!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

The Rabbit, when you continue to post at the same time after I politely mentioned that it offended me, I feel offended.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
You have insulted me once again. I can't "make" you feel anything. You feel what you choose to feel.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that you would blaim me for the simultaneous posting problem. Have you considered that you could be a fault here?
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

But are you in fact offended? Or do you only feel offended? I take offense at the fact that your offense is entirely subjective.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Elizabeth, I must back-track to let you know that I'm offended that you won't stick to your convictions but instead go changing your phrasing in response to me.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

The Rabbit, I did not say YOU make me feel any way, but your behavior has the effect of making me feel offended. I own that I feel this way, and that no one is responsible for my feelings but me. Therefore, i am offended that you felt that I felt that what I felt was befcasue of how you made me feel.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

You consider it an insult that Liz responds to you? Would you prefer to be ignored as I am?
dh
Member # 6929

Eljay, I'm offended by your total disregard for my post. You consistently get offended at things several posts behind, which others have already taken offense at. Have you no respect for the offendedness of other people?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

My feelings of being offended are multiplied tenfold ny the continuing simultaneous posting of others.
ElJay
Member # 6358

I am offended that we are all trying to type so fast that we're not going back and fixing our typos. It is offensive that the overall quality of the language on Hatrack is being brought down by this thread.

[ October 15, 2004, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offnded by the fact that ElJay is right, and that I am a typo disaster.
dh
Member # 6929

I'm offended that you had time to edit your post in about three seconds.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

El jay, I am wicked offended by the fact that YOU fixed your typos, as it was better to have typos in a post about fixing typos. See what I meen?
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Its hard to imagine how the overall quality of hatrack could fall any further when people as so easily hurt. I am deeply wounded that friends should be brought to blows by such a simple game.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended by dh again.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Fine. dh and The Rabbit, your very presense offends me. Happy now? If so, that is also offensive. Preemptively.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

You are all interrupting me! Why are you trying to ruin the contextual background of my posts?
dh
Member # 6929

I take offense at one-word sentences.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended by your presumption that you could preemtively be offended. I am preemptively offnded by your next responce.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am retroactively offended by everything you have written, the Rabbit.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

I am deeply insulted by your inappropriate use of the definite article associated with my screen name.
ElJay
Member # 6358

I find it offensive that I'm collapsing in giggles so much over this silly thread. It's also very offending to me that I've put off going and making dinner at least three times by just responding "one more time." In fact, I am in such a turmoil over it all that I'm leaving. There! You've driven me off! I hope you're all happy! [Cry]
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended by the fact that I have to go upstairs, and that when I return tomorrow, this post will be buried pages deep due to the continuous offensive nature of you all.
dh
Member # 6929

I'm offended that Eljay should feel so offended at our offensively funny offendedness. The offensive offender offends the very offendedness of this offense thread.

[ October 15, 2004, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: dh ]

The Rabbit
Member # 671

Oh fine!! Everyone just storms off leaving me here all alone.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am, one-last-time, offended by the fact that I thought that The Rabbit would mention the article.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

dh, I offended that you would interupt my sulk with such a repetative redundant sentence.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

And also that she simultaneously posted. Again.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

And again.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

"One last time", "One last time"

Why can't anyone here keep their word?

dh
Member # 6929

I'm offended by Elizabeth's continually being offended at the same thing.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Well you don't need to worry about that with me. I offended by thousands of different things. Just be glad I don't list them all.
dh
Member # 6929

I'm offended that you're not listing them all. I'm also offended that you took no offense in your last post. You may claim to be offended, but you certainly don't show it.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Well if that's the way you feel about, I'm going to go cook dinner too!
ElJay
Member # 6358

Ha! I don't have to cook dinner, a friend called and I convinced him to bring over chinese takeout. Now I am offended that you all stormed off and left me.
dh
Member # 6929

I'm offended that a) You think I left and b) You think this thread is all about you.
ElJay
Member # 6358

I'm offended that you don't think it's all about me.
dh
Member # 6929

Your arrogance is offensive to me.
ElJay
Member # 6358

I'm offended that you couldn't come up with anything better than that. You've been offended by the same thing twice in a row. That shows an offensive lack of imagination.
dh
Member # 6929

Well poopy.
ElJay
Member # 6358

[ROFL]

I broke it! You weren't offended!

ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh come on! Aren't I laughing offensively enough for anyone? You're all a bunch of hard-hearted individualists who don't care anywhere near enough about what other people are doing.
dh
Member # 6929

I'm offended that you think we should care enough to be offended at what you're doing. How rude, to impose one's existence like that on others.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Frankly, I'm offended that you all played this game without me. I was on travel, which is offensive enough in its own right, and then to come home and find...well, THIS!

It is offensive in the extreme.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended you left us for "travel".
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Ketchupqueen, I am offended that you didn't ask Bob where the heck he got the expression "on travel?"
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended that none of you are awake to be offended by me. It seems like everyone can;t make any decsions here. You are sitting on defense.
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.