FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I take offense -- another game???? (Page 6)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: I take offense -- another game????
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Why would you assume we're all asleep? I don't suppose it ever occurred to you that we just couldn't be bothered responding to you? You're so offensive sometimes.

Edit: I made a new page!

[ October 16, 2004, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Fyfe ]

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so offended that you made a new age. Do you really think you are worthy of making a new page? You are not, making you presumptuos as well as offensive.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended by my own typo in the last post.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth, I'm offended that you think that was the last post, and that you're trying to turn this thread into another silly "last post" thread when clearly it is much more important and well crafted than that!

[ October 16, 2004, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that after abandoning this thread as soon as it was created, now Bob thinks he can come back and tell US what kind of thread this is supposed to be!
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me? Who do you think you are? I haven't seen YOU posting in the last few pages, either!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that ElJay feels the need to defend me. I can take care of myself!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

ElJay,
I am offended by the fact that you did not simultaneously post with me, so that I could be offended by your simulataneous post.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Phew. I am offended by Bob's simultaneous post.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Now, I am offended that Bob is posting on other threads and leaving this one to languish.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'm deeply offended that you consider a two-minute lead "simultaneous." Get with the times, woman!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Okay, now I'm doubly offended by the simultaneous posting AND the attempt to control my posting behavior in general. And I wasn't so much letting this post languish as "percolate." There's a difference. A vast, vast deferens!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Bob,when you try to sneak a pun into an offend thread, I find that extremely tiresome, and therefore am offended.

[ October 16, 2004, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Elizabeth, I am way offended at you lambasting Bob for something you did on the last page. How tacky.

Note: Bob, I'm not defending you. I find the puns offensive as well.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'm offended that you failed to defend me. As for the puns, I find the best defense is naughty pine, so I'm missing Dana in the worst possible way!

[Razz]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended that you had to bring love into it.
dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that you think there is something wrong or unworthy about love.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended that you do! Love schmove!
dh
Member # 6929

I take offense.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

How am I supposed to be offended by that? Jeesh. Have you no imagination? I mean, really, I can't get all worked up over nothing. I can't believe the inconsideration of some people, giving me this sort of material to work with. What is the world coming to these days?
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended by your blaming your lack of imagination on me. If you can't take a challenge, go post in the hug thread.
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you saying you want to hug me? I CERTAINLY don't wanna be hugged by the likes of YOU!
Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

I'm offended that that would even cross your mind. Me? Hug you? Ha! The ignominy of it!
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Those poor hug thread people. I'd be offended on their behalf... but I'm just sad now.
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

I'm offended that you dare to not be offended in this thread that is all about being offended. No being sad, please, just cheerful offendedness.
ElJay
Member # 6358

It's very offensive that you think we need to be cheerful with our offendedness.
dh
Member # 6929

I'm offended that you think there's anything wrong with it.
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I HATE YOU ALL! You give me no respect! Just because my name includes little! I happen to be quite normal sized! So there! [Embarrassed] [Mad] [Evil]
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

I'm quite offended by that totally unrelated and immature outburst. You are required to take offense at what was previously said, not the figments of your own imagination.
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I take offense to that!
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

*sigh*

quote:
How am I supposed to be offended by that? Jeesh. Have you no imagination? I mean, really, I can't get all worked up over nothing. I can't believe the inconsideration of some people, giving me this sort of material to work with. What is the world coming to these days?

[ October 16, 2004, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

dh
Member # 6929

quote:
I'm offended by your blaming your lack of imagination on me. If you can't take a challenge, go post in the hug thread
I'm furhter offended by the fact that you're making me repeat myself by repeating your previous offensive words.
ElJay
Member # 6358

I'm offended that you didn't just quote your previous post, like I'd been kinda hoping you would, and instead felt the need to throw in extraneous comments.
AbeLinclon
Member # 6923

- posted      Profile for AbeLinclon   Email AbeLinclon         Edit/Delete Post 
We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week. But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting. By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more.
Posts: 42 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

I'm deeply offended that the previous poster, who has offended me too greatly to even make me want to name him, completely sidestepped the rules and purpose of this thread in not being offended at anything, and furthermore, not even making reference to something that was recently posted. How utterly inappopriate.
Turgan
Member # 6697

how DARE you make a post that long just so i had to read it's lengthyness. I have a good mind to call the authorities!
Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

I'm deeply offended that you think I should cater to your intellectual laziness.
Turgan
Member # 6697

Who said I was intellectual?
Julius Caesar
Member # 6921

- posted      Profile for Julius Caesar           Edit/Delete Post 
I am deeply offended by this upstart language of yours.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WishfulWiggin
Member # 6823

- posted      Profile for WishfulWiggin   Email WishfulWiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that you used the word "upstart" in your post. How horrid...
Posts: 208 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

why are you calling that guy horrid? How do YOU know he's horrid?
Fyfe
Member # 937

Oh, right, because you're such an expert on everything, aren't you, Turgan? I love how you just assume that WW doesn't know anything about JC. I mean, they could have known each other for years. You just never take time to find these things out, do you? It's offensive.
Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

did they give you permission to shorten theirn names to their first letters, Fyfe? How about you having a little consideration and ASKING someone to do something like that to their thought out names next time, ok?
WishfulWiggin
Member # 6823

- posted      Profile for WishfulWiggin   Email WishfulWiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I am offended that your telling him to talk to me! How do you know I would like to talk to him?
Posts: 208 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

I'm offended at how unoffensive this thread actually is. You are all really unoffensive. How offensive.
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended by the fact that you are so unoffended by us. No one is as offensive as you; oh, no, heaven forbid you weren't the best at something. It's always been about you, hasn't it? We just have to sit here and get offended by Your Offensiveness and are not allowed to get offensive back. Argh!

[ October 16, 2004, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Polio ]

Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

Oh, come on. People try to voice an opinion here and they just get jumped on. Always. How charming.

I don't know about anyone else, but I find that offensive.

Which isn't to say I'm defending anyone either. I think it was incredibly rude to say that this thread isn't offensive. God knows some of us are trying to be as offensive as possible. What kind of person belittles other people's best efforts?

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, do you have to be so volitile in not defending a single person? Is there no one with whom you share an opinion? Your individuality offends me.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Gah...misread sarcasticmuppet's post.

And what's wrong with being an individual? Last I checked we weren't exactly a hive mind. If you don't have the spine to stop following the crowd, at least give those who do a little respect!

[ October 16, 2004, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Shigosei ]

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

Are you deliberately understanding sarcasticmuppet? How do you know it was an attack on all individuals? Don't generalize!
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.