FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I take offense -- another game???? (Page 7)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: I take offense -- another game????
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Why does everyone feel the need to chime in after me? It makes me think that noone has the chutspah to really say what's on their mind, instead just agreeing with whoever talks last.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I am offended by your spelling of chutzpah.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that you can't accept my alternate-spelling ways.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FoolishTook
Member # 5358

- posted      Profile for FoolishTook   Email FoolishTook         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that you're trying to force your alternate-spelling ideology down our throats.
Posts: 407 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's extremely offensive that something like spelling can be considered an ideology. I mean, come on... don't we have anything important to believe in anymore? Kids these days!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

You think that just because we're idealistic that we're naive and juvenille? I'm appalled.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I am offended by the fact that no one has posted on this thread foe so long, that Bob seems to have abandoned it again, and that DKW only posted her offense like, once, even though it is her fiance's thread.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth, dahling, you really have misconstrued my purpose in starting this thread. I don't know how else to say this except to just come right out and admit that I am offended. As for dkw -- she posts in threads that interest her, and this one clearly does not. I would've thought that you could see that for yourself.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I’m offended that Bob is so blatantly fishing for attention in this thread.

You know I fully support all your cute little game threads, darling. [Kiss]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

I think I offended myself with that one.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that I have to come out to Hatrack to talk to dkw. What happened to free cell phone minutes on the weekends?
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended that you two are using this thread as a way to smooch each other, and to couch your lovey-doveyness in pretend offense.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'm offended that you saw right through us. And didn't just go all squishy and warm inside.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended, generally.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'm offended that you can't be more specific.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended that you said I CAN'T be more specific, implying that there is no choice or ability on my part to be more specific.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am specifically offended by DKW and her ministerial ilk, who are causing me to have to leave this scintillating, intellectual thread to go to church.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'm offended that you would leave this thread just to go to Church.

God likes Hatrack better than church almost 97% of the time.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended that I just checked this thread one last time whle my kids are hurrying up being late, because I figured you would post again, Bob, and that DKW would be long-gone to church, leaving us BOTH in the dust, offensively.
dkw
Member # 3264

I’m offended that I live right next door to the church and the early service isn’t until 9:15, so I can leave the house at 8:45 and still be the first one there.

Oh wait, no I’m not. I like that.
[Taunt]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'm offended that I only have 2 more minutes to smooch dkw before she has to go to work.

[Kiss]

[ October 17, 2004, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

I'm offended that I had to go to the airport today to get my brother, and that I don't have his car anymore. [Frown]
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended that your brotherly love only goes so far as your brother's automobile.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

I'm surprised you think I only love my brother because he has a car. You don't even know the whole story: my brother went to St. Louis this weekend to watch the love of his life marry SOMEONE ELSE and needed to go to the airport but couldn't pay to have it parked there. I kindly stepped in. I'm offended that you'd judge me so.
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
How could ou be such a pushover? I would never do such things for other people! I have my own life and my own things to do. I can't waste my time on people who don't even have the money to park a car!
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that you think life is all about you. You should take the time to worry about other people. Your selfishness is very offensive.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

dh,
I am offended that you cannot even capitalize your initials. Who d you think you are, ee cummings?

edit: The same offense-taken stance goes out to dkw as well.

[ October 17, 2004, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth, I am terribly revolted that you cannot even respect my choice to not capitalize my initials? What are you, some kind of casist? I like lower case. I even sign my real name with no caps. What's it to you? Why should I bow to your aesthetic ideal of Capitalized Initials? Thou offendest me!

[ October 17, 2004, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: dh ]

Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am, like, totally offnded that you tried to, like, turn my offense, like, back against me. Like.
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I am offended that you are offended by dh being offended etc..
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended by your casual use of "etc."
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, this isn't even offense anymore. This is nothing. "I am offended by your casual use of etc."????!?! That's just not even trying. I really feel like you're not trying, Liz. That's just not cricket. I'd like it if you tried harder to work up a good umbrage, and I think the rest of the board would agree...
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
"just not cricket"? Are you trying to be British, Ryuko?

And what is this speaking for the whole board nonsense? Perhaps you haven't noticed (being busy with one of those "real life" things), but each and every person here is capable of speaking his or her own mind.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
Why are you calling me a person, rivka. And why are you calling THEM a person. OBVIOUSLY, some of them, being french, are NOT people.
They're aliens.

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

And why is no one responding? What, all of a sudden you're too GOOOOOOD for me?
Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

how DARE you let this comment float to the bottome of the screen. HOW DARE YOU HOW DARE YOU HOW DARE YOU!
*stalks off to call his mother...

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe that anyone on hatrack could be so bigoted to suggest that aliens aren't people. Many of my close friends and collegues are aliens. I can assure you that all the aliens working in my laboratory qualify for personhood. There are in fact many aliens among my ancestors. I am deeply offended by your refusal to grant aliens person status.

[ October 18, 2004, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: The Rabbit ]

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course aliens are people too. Thank you for sticking up for us, Rabbit.

But I am offended that an animal such as yourself would claim alien ancestry! Hmphh!

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Morbo, I'm offended that your would call Rabbit an animal, as if it's some kind of epithet.

Since when do you think you are so high and mighty that you can just go around labelling people? Have you no respect for Rabbit's feelings? have you hopped in her shoes lately? Do you know how difficult it is for a rabbit to make her way in the world?

Try opening your narrow-minded eyes and consider others for a change.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, there you go again.
By registering your outrage re the animal label, you are the one showing your true colors.
Like the lesbian/prez debate brouhaha, it only shows you're the one with "animal issues."
I love animals--they're delicious.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended by your pedantic tone. Who are you to castigate Belle? Hmm?
Turgan
Member # 6697

how DARE you use big words that I have to look up in the dictionary!
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
How DARE you criticize someone for having a larger and more unwieldy vocabulary than you!
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julius Caesar
Member # 6921

- posted      Profile for Julius Caesar           Edit/Delete Post 
How dare you assume your ridiculous language has any vocabulary worth mentioning at all, unless it came from MY language?
Posts: 9 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
How dare you appropriate to yourself an entire language? How arrogant. You offend me.
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

How dare YOU call the appropriation of a language "inappropriate!" Each of us has the innate right to take our native language and make it our own. It is as personal as our designer label jeans that we all wear to express our individuality.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
How exclusive of you to imply that those who wear designer label jeans are the only ones who have individuality? Perhaps some of us can express our individuality in unique ways you haven't even considered.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I can't believe you misconstrued my statement to mean that I believe designer jeans are the one and only way to express individuality. It's just this kind of offensive miscontruing behavior that has turned me sour on Hatrack in general, and this thread in particular.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

I'm insulted that you would retreat to such a logical falicy. You quite clearly said that we ALL wear designer jeans to express our individuality. The only logical conclusion is that those of us who don't wear designer jeans, are not expressing our individuality.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I am offended that your logical fallacy leads you to accuse me of making a logical falicy (sic). Moreover, I am offended that you express your individuality in ways that preclude the wearing of designer jeans.
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.