FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The eternal bra thread (used to be bra sizes funny) (Page 14)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: The eternal bra thread (used to be bra sizes funny)
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
The things I didn't say are here, in response to celia's request here. [Smile]

[ April 15, 2005, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't DO that to me, twink!

Thanks for the details though. [Razz]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

*innocent
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
^Liar.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Like you would know. [Roll Eyes]
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
He always looks up and to his right when he's lying.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Incidentally, are you coming this weekend?
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hey, I read the rest of this thread, twink. One way or another, you sure look like a liar to me. [Razz]

Besides, you've protested being called innocent far too many times for me to let that one pass by. [Big Grin]

[ April 16, 2005, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Not so much this weekend. I've still got a lot of work to do and my finals are clustered in before Wednesday.

Edit: Assuming you're talking to me and not ElJay [Wink]

[ April 16, 2005, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Bob the Lawyer ]

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I meant, are you coming to Hatrack.ca?

Edit: And also, that would be my left.

[ April 16, 2005, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Good, 'cause if it had been directed at me I was gonna say, that was an awfully personal question!
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
::was thinking the same thing::
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Pfft. If you give the timestamps and sequence of posts even a cursory once-over, it's obvious that I'm talking to Dan. What's not so obvious is that I actually meant *next* weekend. You people just like to read innuendo into posts where none actually exists, that's all. Minds in the gutter, the lot of you.
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
That's amusing, coming from you, Twinky.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Clearly my deadpan is just too good for you.

[Wink]

(Yes, I'm quite aware of the irony inherent in those last couple of sentences.)

Teshi
Member # 5024

I realised it was supposed to be deliberately ironic. Then I thought, 'oh, what the heck', and posted it anyway.

I suppose I could have worded it in a more deliberately funny fashion but there you have it. I am no great wit.

EDIT: I must practice more.

[ April 16, 2005, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

[Eek!]

We out-deadpanned each other!

Teshi
Member # 5024

It's a miracle! Ring the bells!
Teshi
Member # 5024

Ignore that. I've been studying medieval history all afternoon. My brain is starting to retaliate.
ElJay
Member # 6358

quote:
I do need to go bra shopping, too... I've got a fabulous new dress that is cut kinda odd, and none of my current bras really work with it.

So, I found a bra that would work with said dress. It's more constructed than I normally like, but whatever, it's an awesome dress, I'll deal with it. But the bra had little gel-filled push-up pads in it, and that was just too much. I don't believe in false advertising. When I was taking the tags off the bra I took the pads out and dropped them beside my printer.

And since then I've found myself a couple of times playing with them like stress-balls or something. It's really kinda odd. 'Cause they're fun! But then I realize what they are. *laugh* Plus, I'm scared if I play with them enough one will burst, and then I'll have ookey clear gel all over. Maybe I'll just toss 'em now to remove temptation.

TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
El - that is the most inherently wrong thing I've ever heard you say. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Which part? For future reference.

[Wink]

TMedina
Member # 6649

quote:

And since then I've found myself a couple of times playing with them like stress-balls or something. It's really kinda odd. 'Cause they're fun! But then I realize what they are. *laugh* Plus, I'm scared if I play with them enough one will burst, and then I'll have ookey clear gel all over.

[Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

*laugh* Okay.

I don't see why, but whatever.

TMedina
Member # 6649

I'm just picturing the look on a hypothetical boyfriend's face if he read what you posted. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

ElJay
Member # 6358

Then it's a good thing I'm not trolling Hatrack for hypothetical boyfriends, isn't it? [Smile]

Besides, I still don't get it. Is it 'cause I think they're fun to play with? Or the concern about them bursting? Or something else entirely?

Teshi
Member # 5024

O.o

I'm pretty sure I get it...

ElJay
Member # 6358

Waaaaait a minute. Is it 'cause I didn't specify in the second paragraph that I was talking about the little gel-filled pad thingies? *looks suspicious* I think that was pretty obvious. 'Sides, if anything else burst, I don't think it would be a clear gel I'd have to be concerned about. [Razz]
TMedina
Member # 6649

*grins and shrugs*

S'all good - I was probably the only guy who read it, whimpered and crossed his legs. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

ElJay
Member # 6358

I think I may have officially learned better than to ask for clarification from you, T. [Big Grin]

But probably not.

Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that's not how I read it at all. [Eek!]
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
In general, when it comes to Trevor, if you don't get it right off, it's safer to not ask for clarification. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

That's the way I interpreted it O.o.

Hm. My halo must be getting rusty.

Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think you're alone in taking out those little pads ElJay. For me I don't think it's so much that it's false advertising, though, as that I'm thin but have to where size C-cup bras now and the padding just makes me look ridiculously disproportionate. I finally figured out what size I was in four different brands and then the silly things decided to grow on me [Roll Eyes] .

That and this burning of the bras sounds excellent. Although perhaps instead of burning the bras themselves we can just burn all the different sizing charts and force them to standardize them. And include more sizes, especially on the smaller and larger ends, and also half-way cup sizes. I actually really like my bras and wouldn't part with most of them for anything, but the shopping I could deal without - you try on 2 different sizes of 5 different bras (plus a few others just to see if the style's alright) only to find out that the only one that fits is the one you really didn't like all that much to begin with.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Maybe I'll just toss 'em now to remove temptation.
That's the part that made me whimper.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

quote:
So, I found a bra that would work with said dress. It's more constructed than I normally like, but whatever, it's an awesome dress, I'll deal with it. But the bra had little gel-filled push-up pads in it, and that was just too much. I don't believe in false advertising. When I was taking the tags off the bra I took the pads out and dropped them beside my printer.

And since then I've found myself a couple of times playing with them like stress-balls or something. It's really kinda odd. 'Cause they're fun! But then I realize what they are. *laugh* Plus, I'm scared if I play with them enough one will burst, and then I'll have ookey clear gel all over. Maybe I'll just toss 'em now to remove temptation.

Am I the only guy who didn't have problems with this post? I'm with ElJay on this one, I would totally play with them too.
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't have a problem with it. They're squishy little bags; how could you not play with them? I certainly didn't read any innuendo into it. I didn't even know what on earth he was talking about until he clarified; that's why I reacted with such surprise.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the somewhat amusing innuendo and thought it was an apt use of the bags. Best of both worlds.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

For reference.

Just so we're all on the same page, here. [Smile]

skillery
Member # 6209

Don't those squishy bags have velcro or something fuzzy to hold them in place?

I can imagine that it would be difficult to sit still otherwise.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Nope, there's a little fabric pocket inside the bra cup, they slide in there.
skillery
Member # 6209

But we couldn't expect those little fabric pockets to hold anything whilst the wearer is operating a jackhammer, could we?
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Here I go having my hopes up...then I click on the link to be disappointed..... [Wink]

Guess what...we weren't on the same page after all. [Evil]

[ May 01, 2005, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
They forgot the German bra.... Hotzemfromfloppen

[ROFL]

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

Heck, I've played football where a breast implant in place of the ball (those things are hard to catch, by the way, once you take the foam cover off). I can totally see why she'd play with them.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh, I missed that, skillery. Really, I can't imagine who would be wearing a push-up bra while operating a jackhammer, but whatever trips your trigger.

And Bob! Funny!

[ May 05, 2005, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

alluvion
Member # 7462

- posted      Profile for alluvion   Email alluvion         Edit/Delete Post 
oh my...

*shakes head and wanders off to peruse*

Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
a couple weeks ago i walked into victoria's secret for some desperately needed new underwear. i tried on several different bras to no avail. (my weight and therefore breast/ribcage size and shape has fluctuated drastically over the past couple years). i went to talk to my girlfriend who was waiting in line to pay in the center island in the store and asked an employee standing close at hand if she had a specific size in the style i had most liked. she did not, and then i asked her if she could fit me since i really wasn't sure of my measurments anymore.
i was wearing a bra, a camisole slip, a dress, and a jacket. she says "no problem" and whipped her pink measuring tape around my tits without asking me to go to the fitting rooms or to remove my jacket and starts calling out my measurements and adjusting the tape against my chest as everyone in line including one very intrigued gentlemen turns around to watch.
i raised my eyebrows at him and asked how i looked and he sheepishly turned back around.

the employee then gave me totally bogus bra sizes that would never make a bit of sense on my breasts.

and so my raggedy bra remains...

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alluvion
Member # 7462

- posted      Profile for alluvion   Email alluvion         Edit/Delete Post 
oh dear!

Someone needs to write a poem inspired by measuring tapes. I think it would yield a lot of good. (not by linear unit, mind you, or cubic volume, but simply by.... )

Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Out of curiosity, did anyone here ever consider surgery to reduce their breasts size ? I'm not talking about esthetics but about back problems and other physical problems that can result from big breasts.

[ May 26, 2005, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.