FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The eternal bra thread (used to be bra sizes funny) (Page 11)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: The eternal bra thread (used to be bra sizes funny)
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
And now, page 11.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
some interesting things about sex, lots about you guys, probably one of the most exciting threads, at least that I've started, but all together.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm suddenly rather self-conscious about my underware

But ElJay, you have such lovely source code.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Kissing at red lights is great fun - kissing at stopped trains is even better. [Wink]

And I love kissing with my eyes open. There's something very intense about staring into the eyes of another person while kissing them.

Speaking of accidental peep shows.....once I was kissing this guy in a parking lot at the grocery store before going shopping, and we got fairly involved in the kiss and I guess sort of...forgot? where we were, and when we let go of eachother about 10 minutes later, we noticed a man sitting in the truck across from us, staring intently...so intently, and with such an...expression...on his face that we thought he might have been doing more than staring [Embarrassed] Horrified, we quickly drove to the other end of the parking lot and did our shopping, hoping not to run into the man in the store. [Eek!] [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But ElJay, you have such lovely source code.

BWAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH! [Big Grin]

Aavardu, that's a good story. [Smile]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Avadaru:
EW!!!!
(not you, but the truck guy)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Blushing] [Blushing] [Blushing]

twink, you laughing 'cause you disagree? [Razz]

Aavardu, that is a fabulous story. And, icky!!!!

[ December 22, 2004, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
If I were gonna do another Dobie, could this be the Everpresent Breast Thread?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragonfoss
Member # 7155

- posted      Profile for dragonfoss   Email dragonfoss         Edit/Delete Post 
[Monkeys]
Posts: 29 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
twink, you laughing 'cause you disagree?
ELJay, what are you saying...that twink should know? [Evil]

[ December 23, 2004, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok this might have already been posted 'cause I skipped pages 6-11, but does anyone remember the musical Bette Midler's character was in, in Beaches? The over the shoulder boulder holder [Big Grin]
Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been thinking about that song since page one!
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I almost bumped this thread the other day, Victoria Secret's semi-annual sale starts monday in stores and has already started online. I can't wait to pick up another bra or two.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

Someone in my mom’s office told her about a woman who runs a bra consulting business and bra boutique. Since I needed a bra that would work with my wedding dress, and since I’ve complained about finding bras that fit right, Mom made me an appointment.

Wow.

The consultation took 45 minutes, and included a mini-lecture on the anatomy of the breast and the proper engineering of bras. Plus an evaluation of the bra I was wearing – no support, no shaping, just smooshes you down – and comments on irreversible damage and what my breasts were going to look like in 15 years if I didn’t start treating them right (not a pleasant picture.)

One thing that I found interesting is that cup size is actually based on the width of the breast, not volume. So when some of my bra cups had empty space in them and I interpreted that as needing a smaller cup size, what was actually happening is that I was spilling out the sides instead of filling the cups because the cup size was too small. She put me in a bigger cup size and it fits smoothly. So I got a new “regular” bra as well as a strapless long-line thing for under the wedding dress.

Then we got back to the house (where Bob was working) and Mom wanted me to show off my new look. You could almost see Bob’s cognitive dissonance – “Dana’s mother is inviting me to comment on the appearance of her breasts.” [Big Grin]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes to the width thing. That was always my problem.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

Good on you, Dana. A good bra is worth it's weight in gold. Including the weight of the stuff that fills it.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
a bra consulting business and bra boutique
From what you're describing, I think I need to find one of these! I have such a hard time finding a comfortable bra that also provides support.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Was she like, a Cameo dealer? I went to a bra consultation once with one of their reps, and it was the absolute best thing I ever did. I learned so much! Of course, I couldn't afford the Cameo bras for long, but they were great.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I found the same thing to be true, Dana. I finally found a bra in my real size, which is two cup sizes bigger than what I'd been wearing. [Eek!] Strangely enough, not only does the bigger bra fit, I look . . . er . . . more voluptuous in it, even though I never felt particularly smooshed in the smaller bra. Go figure.

Now that I have one bra that fits, I find out Victoria's Secret (where I bought it on clearance) no longer sells my size in stores. Dang!

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Farmgirl, she has her own company and stocks bras from several designers. Most of them weren’t outrageously expensive either – even the wedding one was only $55.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

bra-sizer
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Is she a chain? does she have online site?

I know women who might be interested in seeing some of this stuff. Share your resources ladies [Smile]

And no, I didn't mean it like that! shame on you for thinking that was a double entendre! shame!

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
That bra-sizer didn't work for me.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
One thing that I found interesting is that cup size is actually based on the width of the breast, not volume. So when some of my bra cups had empty space in them and I interpreted that as needing a smaller cup size, what was actually happening is that I was spilling out the sides instead of filling the cups because the cup size was too small.
Huh.

No, really. Huh. Because I think that might be my problem. Though I really don't like the idea of being any bigger than the size I am currently wearing, but if it means being comfortable, I am all for it.

There's got to be a good bra shop in downtown Chicago, right? I need to remember to google for it when I get home. I don't trust myself to buy the right size anymore, because the last few times I went bra shopping I bought ones that felt comfortable in the store but became nightmarishly small once I got them home.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

It didn't load, Maureen? Or it just can't calculate that high? [Wink]
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Yeah. That's it. [Razz] I entered a 28 and a 31. It gave me 32 ? as the response.
dkw
Member # 3264

No website, no chain. But here is an article that quotes her.

The calculator didn't give the right size for me, either.

Interestingly, everything I've ever read about sizing says to take the cup measurement around "the fullest part of the breast." Either that doesn't mean what I think it means, or the lady who fitted me disagrees -- she measured about two inches above where she would have gotten the largest measurement.

Edit: but those numbers don't work in the calculator either, so she obviously has her own system.

[ January 18, 2005, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

quote:
For 33 years, Judy Anderson, owner of Bravo Bras, has been giving breasts something to smile about.
That's interesting.
dkw
Member # 3264

*looks down*

How do you tell if they're smiling?

dkw
Member # 3264

*answers own question*

[Smile] [Smile]

or

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

or

[Cool] [Cool]

[ January 18, 2005, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
>.<
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Maybe you should take a break, Porter.
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
"How do you tell if they're smiling?"

Umm, as a guy, thats always seemed obvious to me. *grin*

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like it. That was my third >.< of the day.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

That's a rather ambiguous sign, Paul. They do the same thing when they're scared or angry.
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Yeah, but then you don't normally get the other, auditory, indicators.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

You know, for a brief second I had this image of them releasing steam like a tea kettle.

Don't ever. Ever. Put pictures like that in my head again.

Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
What about fluxuating bra sizes?
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Or if you've just peed or you are cold...
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

You know, Porter, for someone who is so easily squicked, you sure do read a lot of threads about things that squick you. [Wink]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

It's like a train wreck.
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I think from now on I'll call you "train wreck tater".

Well probably not, no.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

"You know, for a brief second I had this image of them releasing steam like a tea kettle.

Don't ever. Ever. Put pictures like that in my head again."

Its not MY fault you get weird visuals. [Razz]

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
I think from now on I'll call you "train wreck tater".

Well probably not, no.

And just when I thought I'd finally get a cool nickname. [Grumble]
twinky
Member # 693

Or "twt" for short.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Let's just go ahead and make it twit.

For efficiency's sake.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Dana didn't tell you all how the new lingerie affects her posture and breathing...

It was all very funny sitting around the future in-laws living room discussing the science of bras and breasts (largest excretory gland in the body!)

Apparently this woman is a savant.

Fortunately, she told Dana that the damage she's done so far by wearing the wrong bra is reversible. I'm looking forward to helping with the physical therapy.

[ January 18, 2005, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

*snort*

Physical therapy for the next few months is going to consist of backrubs while my muscles get used to this "better posture" idea.

Sitting up straight is work.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
<gives backrub>

I can't hardly feel the strap!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.