FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The eternal bra thread (used to be bra sizes funny) (Page 12)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: The eternal bra thread (used to be bra sizes funny)
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Fortunately, she told Dana that the damage she's done so far by wearing the wrong bra is reversible. I'm looking forward to helping with the physical therapy.
[Eek!] Bob!!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"Apparently this woman is a savant."

Bob, are you saying she is a bra seer?

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Zing!

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I want breast reduction surgery.

There. I've said it.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I want shoulder reduction surgery.

There. I've said that.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I want... oh, wait. I'm already a waif. How about "muscle expansion surgery?"

...also known, I suppose, as "exercise." [Big Grin] Incidentally, how fit do I need to be to do a three-day hike (New Zealand's Milford Track) and live?

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I want... oh, wait. I'm already a waif. How about "muscle expansion surgery?"
I understand that men can get breast implants that make it look like your pectorals are bigger.

For that matter, I guess girls could get that also.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Depends on how strenuous the hike is and what you're carrying. My brother did a 12 day appalachian hike with 2/3 of his body weight on his back when he was 11, about 9 miles a day, without any special training. But he was also 11 with all the energy and springiness that implies.

As long as you don't get winded too easily, and can handle the distribution of wieght, you should be fine, unless the hike involves some serious ascents.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I think I would just look weird like that. Even when I'm fit and relatively strong, I don't gain any weight. It's quite bizarre.

Edit: Thanks, Paul. [Smile]

[ January 18, 2005, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

There was a woman on American Idol last night who had the largest breasts i have ever seen. Honest, it must be hard for her to stand up straight.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Liz - is she shown in any of these photos? I noticed there were a couple of them that looked like they might fit your description [Big Grin] Especially one thin black woman near the end of this slide show.

I miss American Idol last night because I totally forgot it was coming on. Guess I will have to catch up next week.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I saw those "American Idol or Bust" shirts, and thought of something else...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

That wouldn't exactly be the most difficult choice I've ever had to make.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly! [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Idol is on tonight too. I remember the lady with the huge breasts. I was surprised at all the moving she was doing. My first thought was that she wasn't wearing a bra, but I didn't want to look close enough to see if I was right.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

My son did not beieve that those were her breasts. He thought, in all seriousness, that she had put pillows under her shirt. Ad she sure was shakin!

No worries, Farmgirl, I think it is on for a couple of nights.

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

My boss says she was singing Rolling on the River -- which I can just bust a gut laughing imagining her doing that while rockin' those babies back and forth!
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Marshell Fields has a promotion going on at select stores where if you go in for a fitting you get a free bra.

Naturally, I thought of this thread...

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Hrmpf!

No Marshall Field's stores anywhere around were I live. So I guess this offer doesn't do me any good.
[Grumble]

FG

ElJay
Member # 6358

Sorry FG. It actually doesn't do me any good, either, because it's at specified stores at specified times, all of which are during my work hours and none of which are the store that's three blocks from where I work.

Oh, unless I was going to skip the henna party for a bra fitting. Don't think so.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Now see, if every one left the henna party for a bra fitting, it could be a female bonding experience.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread makes me want to go shopping.
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Sigh.

I wish I could find bras in my size in this country. But alas, they do not exist.

So. I'm up for a female bonding experience. $4000 for a bra, anyone? Anyone? (including airfare and hotels)

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

For 4 grand, it would have to include matching underware.

[Wink]

KrabbyPatty
Member # 7055

- posted      Profile for KrabbyPatty   Email KrabbyPatty         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone remember this little ditty?
"What did Unde wear, boys? What did Unde wear?" - to the tune of "What did Dela wear?" of course.

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
No, but I remember, "Five days later, floatin' down the Delaware, chewin' on her underwear, wished she had another pair . . ."
[Big Grin]

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

[Angst]
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Marshell Fields has a promotion going on at select stores where if you go in for a fitting you get a free bra.

Naturally, I thought of this thread...

Actually, I'd like info on this...I couldn't find anything on Field's site, I work a couple blocks from State Street and could fairly easily slip out of work to go... and hey it's free!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hmmmm. I saw it in a newspaper ad. It just listed the times and dates here in town, it might be that they're just doing it here, or it might be they're only doing one city at a time.

Also, it wasn't like you got to pick your own free bra for going in for a fitting, it was a promotion for a particular type of bra, and it wasn't one that I wear. So while if it had been nearby at a good time I probably would have gone anyway, I wasn't going to go too far out of my way for it, which I might have if it was a brand/style I knew and liked.

Sorry I can't be more helpful...

[ February 13, 2005, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Ha! I can make one, after all, even though it's not at the close store! Claudi & I are going shopping and to dinner after work Thursday, and will attempt to get fittings and free bras. I wonder if you have to make an appointment...?
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

quote:
at the close store
I never thought I'd catch YOU with a typo!

[Big Grin]

Edit: oh nevermind! I thought you meant "clothes" store -- but you meant at the store that was geographically CLOSE. I got it now.

[ February 15, 2005, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

You kidding? I typo all the time. I can't spell worth a hill of beans and I don't use a spellcheck except for really long serious posts that I type elsewhere. I usually fix 'em pretty quick, though.

But yeah, that one wasn't. [Razz]

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I just went shopping for a strapless bra, so this needs to bump back up.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

What needs to bump back up?
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know Liz, I just wasn't brave enough to ask. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
just a question, is it safe to use a push-up bra when your breast are perhaps not fully developed?
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
you two are mean, I have perky boobs!

alt, I have no clue, I've never really needed a push up, though my prom dress sort of did that.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Ok Breyer - with all the respect I can muster.

I fancy myself a reasonably mature man, notice empashis on reasonably, but even so at no point will I ever be able to hold a meaningful or intelligent conversation that involves the word boobs.

Unless we're talking politics. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I need a strapless push-up for my dress, I heard someone mention somehting about it, but I'm not entirely sure if I should. I don't really think it would harm me or anything, but I'd just rather be on the safe side.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

You mean safe as in "no lasting damage on a developing body?"

I can't imagine a pushup bra would leave any lasting damage if worn for the night. Long term use may see some sort of meaningful impact, but even that's debatable.

-Trevor

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Wearing it once isn't going to hurt you. Just don't make a habit of it. And make sure it fits right, or you'll be uncomfortable all night.
TMedina
Member # 6649

Um...I'm just posting the links.

Disclaimer: Potentially objectionable material contained on the following link.
A BBC site for teen girls and their breasts

This is the only site I'm going to post because the key words used in this search make me feel like a dirty, dirty old man.

-Trevor

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Ok, I don't think I'll make a habbit of it, I'll try wearing it sparingly. But I don't think I'll just wear it for prom.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I have to say that sight is so much better than many american ones with the same purpose.

Trevor, you aren't a dirty old man, you're helping teen girls become intelligent confident young women.

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

[Big Grin]
TMedina
Member # 6649

Heh, I appreciate the thought Breyer, but I don't think even I could talk fast enough to explain to my boss why I had that site loaded on my screen. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Cow-Eating Man
Member # 4491

- posted      Profile for Cow-Eating Man           Edit/Delete Post 
So, has anyone tried out the new IPEX bra VS is pushing? Any idea what makes it so patentable?
Posts: 98 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
A History of Breast Enhancement, Told in Patent Drawings is available today on Slate.com. My personal favorite is the sheet metal push-up bra from the 1890s. I'm just going to go out on a limb and guess that it wasn't someone who would ever have to actually wear one of these things that designed it.

[Edit--okay, so I can't link directly to the javascript applet that is the slideshow itself. There is a link to it in the article though.]

[ April 12, 2005, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I've been planning to go try on the Ipex bra this weekend just to see what I think, but since it's like $15 more than the one I normally buy, I don't think I'll buy it unless it somehoe makes me look like a different person.
Aunty Eem
Member # 7743

- posted      Profile for Aunty Eem   Email Aunty Eem         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! 4 mnths is a long time to talk about mugguppies--- What did I get myself involved with.LOL [Wave]
Posts: 63 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.