FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack.ca v2.0 is over. Pictures starting on page 19! (Page 20)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Hatrack.ca v2.0 is over. Pictures starting on page 19!
Bambiraptor
Member # 7874

- posted      Profile for Bambiraptor   Email Bambiraptor         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz] I asked Sachi if she could read twinky's shirt, and she said that she didn't get a good look at it.

((everyone who was there)) I can't say enough how much of a good time I had... Thanks to you all [Kiss] [Group Hug]

Posts: 36 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! I also meant to say that twink is a very good dancer as well, and an excellent lead. I was a bit nervous, since we had learned pretty different dance styles, but it wasn't a problem at all.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Des, if she can't read it from Teshi's pictures, here is a very clear picture. I'd be really curious to know what it says, since I have no idea! [Smile]

My only regret about the dancing was that the band didn't play more suitable music. Then we could have dragged Teshi out onto the floor, and maybe even EL and Rei.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh, and it's chilly and rainy here today... apparently the weather was beautiful here while I was in Toronto, but now it's just like it was there all weekend. [Razz]

But I still had fun. [Wink]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

It snowed here this weekend. Boy was I surprised when I got off the plane. I was still wearing my shorts. That sucked. It's nice now, though.

I'm glad you had fun. I wouldn't want to be accused of breaking my promise.

[Razz]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bambiraptor
Member # 7874

- posted      Profile for Bambiraptor   Email Bambiraptor         Edit/Delete Post 
She says that she doesn't know- her English is not the best, so it is hard for her to translate what she read into English. Sorry!

EDIT: oh, and Twinky- snow is better than wat Sachi and I had this weekend at my cottage...

[ April 25, 2005, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Bambiraptor ]

Posts: 36 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
twink is . . . an excellent lead.
I'd like to agree, but I wouldn't know. Apparently I kept trying to do that myself by the harbour... [Wink] (What can I say? I was born not to follow!)

And it rained in TO all weekend? You mean you guys missed the snow?? That's too bad. We had an inch or two when we woke up Sunday morning here. It was great! I was hoping you got it too, just to make it a real Canadian vacation.

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miriya
Member # 7822

- posted      Profile for Miriya   Email Miriya         Edit/Delete Post 
It's OVER and I missed it. [Wall Bash]

Sadly I spent the entire weekend looking after a very sick Miriya-ling with whooping cough. I'm glad you all had a good time! Maybe next time.

Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Des: That's okay. Thank her for trying! [Smile]

Astaril: No snow in Toronto -- well, it did snow very briefly on Saturday night but that turned to rain quickly so no snow lingered.

Miriya: That sucks! [Frown]

[ April 25, 2005, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Bambiraptor
Member # 7874

You people post too fast.
twinky
Member # 693

I was just thinking that. Ordinarily I like it when threads move at a decent pace ("ordinarily" being when I'm bored at work), but the last five minutes have just been absurd. [Razz]
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I find it slightly disturbing that Teshi looks exactly as I'd pictured her.
[Smile] Well that's a comforting thing to know! But perhaps you saw my picture on foobonic before?
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
I maintain that if I didn't see the snow, it didn't happen. Especially not in April. On that note, it is presently 23 degrees in the shade at my house and the rhodos are in bloom.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

Granted, I'm new so haven't had time to get to know most of you on here yet let alone in real life, but I have to say that out of everyone I met, you were actually the closest to what I'd imagined you'd be like too, Teshi. (Not just looks; I mean you in general.)

And Rei, snow isn't surprising until May. Be glad the con wasn't in my hometown - they got nearly a foot overnight Saturday! (Personally, *I* still think you're crazy for liking being wet in the rain).

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Does that "out of everyone" include me, too?
Bambiraptor
Member # 7874

EDIT: Astaril, did you have any idea what I would look like? Any of you? (well, fter you saw my pics that would negate any ideas)

Asta didn't look anything like I pictured her to be like. I had lookeed throough foo for the rst of you, so I had a prettygood idea of what you were like.

Well, here is my story.

So, Sachi and I get home from school. At 4:30. 15 minutes late. So I tell her we will leave very soon. Then I find out that my jeans are in the wash. I run and put them in the dryer. 20 nerve-wracking minutes later, we are finally ready. (This is 4:50) It takes us 10 minutes to walk to the subay station, and get on the eastbound train. We could have goone to Old Mill subway station, ad it would only have taken us fiven minutes, but apparently some girl was abducted there in the 70's and so my mom doesn't like us going there.

So, back on track, we are on the subway. I open up my phone to see if anyone had called me to chew me out about being late. Forgot that there is no cell signal underground. got anoyed at phone. Spent next 20 minutes looking at watch, trying to see if we would get there in time (and also trying to figure out how to read the stupid thing {the face is square, so it's quite difficult}) We get to Museum, finally, and I go the wrong way. We come out on the other side of the street. We go back under, and go out the righ side, wrong exit. We go BACK under, and end up at the right one. We see a clump of people on the steps, obviously waiting. I recognise ElJay. She points at us. I see her say "I think that's them" or something like that. I wave. We walk towards the museum. They think that we're going to come up the stairs. We go up the ramp. I am feeling awfully embarrassed at being late. Have a nagging feeling in my stomach that they're not going to like me. Introductions ensue, and I promptly forget everyone's name. (or maybe just Brenton's). Walk ensues.

I talk to Brenton most of the way to the restaurant. We wonder if Teshi actually knows where she is going. I try to avoid calling him by name (as I have forgotten it already). We finally get to the restaurant. It is somewhat cold, but not raining. I like the rain. I am sad. I think I have made a favourable impression on them. So far.

Restaurant time. Very nice place, we order food. Hilarity ensues, as twinky tries to order Polly's pizza. We get into discussions about photo ID, currencies, forks, and other things. I will not let the pizza thing die. I think I am making a somewhat good impression- I make them laugh a few times. After dinner (and me sneaking into the men's washroom because I was tired of waiting). I chose to wear the blue shirt, if anyone was wondering.

So, now we walk back to the museum. I talk with Liza about random topics. We then get into a horticultural discussion with Brenton. It is raining.

Okay, so now we're at the museum. We buy tickets. I get angry because we don't get stamped. I call my parents- then we go into the flying bird/dinosaur exhibit. I fall in love with that narrator bird, who looks like me, and we're off to the races. We find a 125 million year old egg. We then try to figure out how they get the fossils out of the rock. Then we got CONFUSED about the CONFUSASAUR. Twinky asks me why they named it the confusasaur- I say it was because they confused it with something else. [Razz] We find a four-winged ird for ElJay's shoulder, and then find some cute, small fossils, and twinky thinks that a posterboard enlarged photo of a fossil was a rock hanging on the wall. I tell him it is not so. We then see big dinosaurs, and how they relate to birds. THen we find the highlight of the night.... BAMBIRAPTOR! It is immediatly my new Hatrack sn, and we laugh for a while about it. A long while.

The exhibit is almost over, and so we go upstairs to visit Ancient Egypt (because it's almost time for Sachi and I to go home.) Everyone is slow, and we don;t get to egypt befre Sachi and I have to leave. Hugs all around, and then we go. Turns out woe could have stayed a bit later, but oh well. I fell that I didn't screw up too badly, and htey may actually like me! I made someone laugh! Sachi and I run back to the subway, and go home. I immediatly register 3 new sn's, and post on Hatrack. My photos go up, and I post them too.

I then fall asleep laughing at our antics.

[Smile] Thanks for a great night, everyone!

[ April 25, 2005, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Bambiraptor ]

twinky
Member # 693

[Cool]

I'm glad you had such a good time. [Smile]

Teshi
Member # 5024

quote:
We wonder if Teshi actually knows where she is going.
You people have no faith!

quote:
you were actually the closest to what I'd imagined you'd be like too, Teshi.
Do I project the image of a very quiet, somewhat oblivious, somewhat mixed up person all that much? because that's the image I felt I was projecting all weekend! [Roll Eyes]

Also: The "confusedasaur" (Confusasaurus, or whatever the real name is) was named after Confucius, was it not?

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But perhaps you saw my picture on foobonic before?
Maybe. I've been known to have entire conversations and repeat them a couple months later, completely oblivious of the original.

At least I'm consistent. [Smile]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I had faith, Teshi! And I didn't think you came across as oblivious. [Smile]

And yes, one of the wall signs said the dinosaur was named in honor of Confucius.

Astaril
Member # 7440

Twinky: It does include you, which is kind of funny, given that I'd probably heard more about you than anyone else. [Smile] I mean, none of you were particularly far off what I thought you'd be like, but Teshi was exactly on.

Des: Glad you had fun too! I had seen some of your pictures before so I did know what you'd look like. Oh, and I wouldn't worry too much about whether people will like you in the future - you're pretty likable altogether. [Smile] I'm waiting to see this third alt though...

Edit: Teshi, I had faith as well. You'll notice I never once tried to say which direction to go! Also, I never let on exactly how relieved I was when you guys offered to get me back to the bus station...

And no, you weren't oblivious, or mixed up. Quiet, maybe, but it's not a bad thing. I was probably louder that day than I normally am anyway.

[ April 25, 2005, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Astaril ]

Teshi
Member # 5024

Well... perhaps not oblivious, exactly. I was searching for the correct word. Sort of fluffily muddled (?).

[Confused]

Ah well. One day I'll be suave and well-spoken, but that is not this day.

EDIT: Yes, well quiet I am, although usually after a while (say, a year or so [Wink] ), I'll be louder. At least you people actually sort of talk about things I'd have a clue about!

[ April 25, 2005, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

twinky
Member # 693

But you'd already met me, Astaril. [Razz]
Astaril
Member # 7440

For about two seconds one day! I need to know people at least ten minutes before I can be expected to know what they're like, see. I'm slow to pick up on things like that. [Razz]
Bambiraptor
Member # 7874

[Razz] you'll know it's me... it's a bit obvious, considering my long narrative up ^there somewhere. About hte alt.

Teshi, you weren't that confused, from what I saw of you. We didn't really talk that much, though. For some reason, I talked to the men the most [Razz]

EDIT: has anyone else noticed the glut of toungy smilies?

[ April 25, 2005, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Bambiraptor ]

Bambiraptor
Member # 7874

*decides that the next con will include some place that I can wear my new high-heeled sandals and skirt* Decides that it will be later in the year, and therefore warmer* *smiles aat the thought of meeting everyone again*
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
*is really sorry I missed this one*

*hopes not to miss next one*

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
Where do you live? (in a non-creepy, non-stalker-ish way)
Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Ottawa.

I could have made it had my finances not been so tight.

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

[Frown] That stinks. Well, If I have any say in it, the next Hatrack.ca will be somewhat soon.
Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Des, you don't need to worry. Everyone feels like that. (I think. Right guys?) And eevryone has a great time.

I know I had a blast getting to know everyone, and I'm really glad ElJay made her plane on time. More or less.

heehee... bambiraptor...

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

[Razz] ... going back to that sn soon.
twinky
Member # 693

Thanks to Des, I've got links to the planning thread and the commentary thread for the first Hatrack.ca gathering in the summer of 2003. [Cool]

And now I am going to bed. [Sleep]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Pictures! Yay!

Looks like y'all had a great time. [Smile]

twinky wears glasses? And Pod is TALL!

Rei, you never told me you were gorgeous!

The rest of you look pretty much as I expected. ElJay looks exactly as I expected. Blue tongue and all.

[ April 26, 2005, 02:38 AM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Rei, you never told me you were gorgeous!
[Blushing]
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

quote:
ElJay looks exactly as I expected. Blue tongue and all.

Ha-ha. [Razz]

[Big Grin]

So, we still need pics from Rei and Asta, right? And Asta's are non-digital, so they will take awhile.

It totally sucked to be working yesterday... I miss you guys! It was so much fun!

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!

Hatrack gatherings are the best!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

quote:
And Pod is TALL!

I wouldn't say Pod was especially tall. If you're going from my picture where his head is up by the ceiling, he was standing on a table or a chair at the time.

[Smile]

rivka
Member # 4859

That one yes, but wasn't there also a group shot where he towered over everyone?

Maybe all the rest of you are just short. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Maybe you are thinking of Twinky, who is indeed, very tall.
rivka
Member # 4859

Could be.

Tall, skinny guys with glasses all look the same, right?

*flees*

Teshi
Member # 5024

You mean this picture?

Twinky is the one who is towering at the back. Pod is in front with the "Tokyo" sweater.

Also: I'm actually taller than that but I had to squish down a bit to make way for ElJay and EL.

rivka
Member # 4859

Actually, I think it may have been a different group shot, but that one works.

You people need to caption your pictures better. Or I need to get more sleep.

Or both . . .

Teshi
Member # 5024

Well, it doesn't help that both Twinky and Pod wore a "Tokyo" sweater or t-shirt during the weekend (although not on the same day).
rivka
Member # 4859

*nod* I'd like to blame that for my confusion, although probably it's a minor factor.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Edited 'cause I shouldn't be objectifying my fellow hatrackers. *ashamed*

[ April 26, 2005, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL. I leave for one second and I miss a juicy post.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Big Grin]

[Wink]

Pod
Member # 941

- posted      Profile for Pod           Edit/Delete Post 
now labeled for your browsing ease [Razz]

(and somebody tell me if i misattributed a handle please)

And man... i'm getting so many more hits for that set of photos than i have for the rest of my flickr collection [Frown]

[ April 26, 2005, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Pod ]

Posts: 4482 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Smile] I looked at some of the rest of your photos, and made a note to go back and look at more when I had more time.

But some of the hits to the hatrack ones are probably repeats... I know I looked at them twice, and then again now when you said you'd labled them. I really, really, like the stairwell one. It's fun!

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.