FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack.ca v2.0 is over. Pictures starting on page 19! (Page 18)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Hatrack.ca v2.0 is over. Pictures starting on page 19!
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
They aren't nearly as common for guys as they are for the ladies, that may have something to do with your lack of long sleeved t-shirt knowledge. I have one, but I got it at a surf shop back home, that was the last guys long sleeved t-shirt I've seen.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt you'll get this in time, but have a great flight, ElJay, and see you tomorrow! Oh, and regarding the vegan chocolate? You **rock**.

Have a good flight too, twinky, if I don't post again before you leave. I'll be wearing....uhhh....haven't thought about it. Let's see. *goes to look in closet* Ah, I'll make it easy. Rainbow-ish shirt, jeans with flowers, and a funky jacket. Probably a backpack too.

Oh, and if something goes freakishly wrong, and I don't get off the bus, I'll be on the next one, which gets in at 2:00. I'm sure it won't happen, but just in case.

I'm getting excited. I'm getting out of KW! And meeting all of you! And seeing dinosaurs! What could make a better day??

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Hm. I have a shirt that I got at a Radiohead show. I guess it could be called a "long-sleeved t-shirt."

Edit: Thanks, Polly. [Smile] I will almost certainly be wearing a navy t-shirt that shows Godzilla trashing Tokyo on the front. The Godzilla is distressingly cute. The scene is white on the navy background.

[ April 21, 2005, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

I don't know if that'll be clear enough. I've seen a lot of things that resemble Godzilla in Toronto bus stations. Oh! You mean a *picture*. Those are *people* I'm thinking of... Well, shouldn't be a problem then. [Razz]
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

This is the t-shirt. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that's kind of stretching the definition of "Godzilla".
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

Ha ha ha! Nice! I think I've seen that before somewhere. BtL might have shown it to me. I don't really have a picture of mine, but I'm sure you'll find me. Or someone else (ie. Teshi) will. Or else I'll sit on a bench looking despondent like Anne of Green Gables because nobody wants me. Well, actually, I'd probably *hope* nobody wants me in that case, so maybe I wouldn't be too despondent after all. Being propositioned by strangers in bus stations is kind of creepy.
twinky
Member # 693

It's growing on me. I bought the shirt for the "Tokyo Police Cataclysm Division" on the back, but I'm liking the front more and more. Definitely my current favourite shirt. I'm actually stealth-wearing it right now, under a snappy-looking sweater. [Smile]
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I've seen that one before. You really have a thing for funny t-shirts, don't you? Fine then, if I come I'll have to come wearing something new and fancy as well. Or just those flowers. Y'know, whichever.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Funny coincidence...this thread had me checking out WRV's site, and they have a 'Toronto' thermal.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
And Asta, check yer mail! Do I have rehearsal tonight or now?
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

Are you coming? Or is it still too early to ask? We are down to less than a day, and I'd like to know if I should fix these flowers up tonight or not.
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

Those flowers deserve to fixed regardless of whether or not I come. It largely depends on how much work I get done today and what I feel like half an hour before the bus leaves [Wink]
twinky
Member # 693

I wonder why they're called "Toronto thermals?"

I bought the TPCD shirt as part of a birthday gift to myself (the other part was a receiver and 5.1 speaker setup).

A lot of my t-shirts say stuff or have pictures or whatever. I do have some "plain" shirts too, and my fashion choices in this regard are generally context-dependent (i.e. should I wear the sunshine shirt, which contains profanity, home to visit my folks? No.).

Teshi
Member # 5024

I have no idea what I'll be wearing, other than probably my pretty generic navy-blue and white spring jacket.

Oh! I'll wear my colourful backback. It's sort of mexican looking and largely purple.

We should have arranged to wear pink carnations or something.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

Hmm. My rifle mail alert appears to be not working again. Anyway, go check your mail. Because I feel like making you work for an answer you could find out yourself, so I'm not going to post it here.

(Edit: To BtL, if it wasn't obvious.)

[ April 21, 2005, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Astaril ]

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

I'm checking my mail. Nothing. Let's see, 10% of nothing is...
twinky
Member # 693

Well, nothin'... over nothin'... carry the... nope, still nothin'.

[Big Grin]

Astaril
Member # 7440

[Big Grin] My massage therapist's name is Jayne. I always think of that. I should ask her if she's seen it.

Hmm. Maybe my "send" button isn't working either today. But it's in my sent folder...as of Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:35:14 -0400 (EDT).

Fine. Yes, you're in the 1:00 plots. And are you coming here this afternoon?

twinky
Member # 693

I need a massage therapist. But first I must enroll in the company benefits plan! *eyes envelope on desk*
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*idly wonders if the jatraqueros gathering in Toronto will run into the group from another board, also gathering this weekend in Toronto*

*wonders if either would notice*

[Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

[Confused]
rivka
Member # 4859

I know of another group (from another board I frequent) that is getting together this weekend -- part of the time in London, but they're going to Toronto one day, I think.

I just find it incredibly amusing that the two groups could potentially meet. Or more likely, walk blithely past each other.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

In a city of four million people, I suspect it's unlikely. [Razz]
rivka
Member # 4859

Don't deflate my silly fantasies! [Razz]
twinky
Member # 693

[Big Grin]
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] My meeting got out early. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

twinky, it's actually a long-sleeved hooded t-shirt, but I didn't want to be confusing.

Asta, I couldn't remember if you had said dark or light, so I got 71%. Hope you like it. [Smile]

Now I have 38 minutes left at work...

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

"Long-sleeved hooded t-shirt"

o_O

...okay. O_o

38 minutes?!? That's less time than *I* have left. I have 65 minutes. [Grumble]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Yeah, but I have to check in 2 hours in advance of my flight. That whole different-country thing. [Razz]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

[Grumble]
Astaril
Member # 7440

Mmmmmmmmm. Chocolate. The darker the better in my opinion, but it's all chocolatey goodness to me. Did I mention you rock? I think I did, but I'll mention it again. Hey, Eljay! You rock!

It's going to be a long 38 minutes from the sounds of it! Me, I've got 3 hours of studying left for this exam. I really don't feel like doing it anymore. (Honestly, I don't know what I'm doing studying more than an hour before an exam anyway. I'm totally destroying all my traditions.)

ElJay
Member # 6358

(*bouncebouncebouncebouncebounce*)
Teshi
Member # 5024

*studystudystudystudystudybouncestudystudystudystudystudybouncestudystudystudystudystudybouncestudy...*

[Wink]

ElJay
Member # 6358

*giggle*
Astaril
Member # 7440

5 minutes left! Have a nice flight, ElJay!
twinky
Member # 693

I still have to wait through 34 minutes of "work..." *bounces impatiently*
ElJay
Member # 6358

Thanks, Astaril! *huge grin*

See ya soon, twinky!

twinky
Member # 693

[Wave]
twinky
Member # 693

I'm leaving now. I'll see you people tomorrow! [Smile]
Astaril
Member # 7440

Have a nice flight, and have fun tonight!
[Wave]

rivka
Member # 4859

Have fun, kids. Take pictures!
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]

[Big Grin]

Hey Teshi, I have a bunch of bathing suits here that you could borrow for the weekend... (1-piece, 2-ppiece etc) if you want!

*bouncebouncebouncebouncebounce

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Bye!

So, who's left here?

EDIT: Des, although I might fit your bathing suits and I really appreciate your offer I'll be fine [Smile] .

[ April 21, 2005, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Astaril
Member # 7440

I'm still here. Studying like you.

Only...17.5 hours 'til I leave!! Somehow that's just not as exciting as "5 minutes" was for them.

Desdemona
Member # 7100

I"m still here... doing homework. And watching TV. And doing stuff with Sachi.

I'm so bored.

Teshi, are you sure? I own about 10 bathing suits, so it's not like I'll miss it.

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

If we didn't swim on Friday, how would I return it to you? You're only coming on Friday, right?
Desdemona
Member # 7100

Right. Whoops.
Teshi
Member # 5024

Thanks for offering though! [Big Grin] I'm sure I'll find a use for myself while everyone else is frolicking in the pool!
Miriya
Member # 7822

- posted      Profile for Miriya   Email Miriya         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone still home? I don't know how to find folks yet.
Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

Friday night: Outside the ROM At 5.

Have dinner, travel back tot the ROM.

Only strictly planned/timed day. twinky is the big planner, and he left a while ago. They'll figure out a place to meet you when/if you come.

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.