FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack.ca v2.0 is over. Pictures starting on page 19! (Page 17)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Hatrack.ca v2.0 is over. Pictures starting on page 19!
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I think everything that I won't need in the morning is now packed.

[Wave]

Thank you all for your indulgence. [Wink]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Think nothing of it, I've been using this delightful conversation as a periodic break from writing boilerplate code for next year's gradebook application.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Whoops! Forgot a swimsuit. That's an awfully nice looking pool...
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
On a completely unrelated note, everybody should make sure to bring cameras, the more pictures the better.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
aaaand...I'm off to sleep so I can be up in four hours to be at the airport!
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
fugu is absolutely correct. Pictures WILL be posted early next week, neh?

Well?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I knew this would happen!

You know how sometimes you come instantly wide awake just minutes before the alarm is supposed to go off? Woke up this morning feeling bright and chipper, figure it must be just about time to get up... roll over and see it's 4:00 AM. Haven't been back to sleep since. I would have had plenty of time to pack had I waited! [Wink]

[Grumble] Not that I'm not excited to see y'all, but I could've used the extra two hours of sleep.

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Does it weird anyone else out that people who aren't coming are reading the thread? [Angst]

[Razz]

Also, I had to pack last night because I'm leaving almost straight from work today.

Edit: EL, if you send me your cell number (address in profile) I'll add it to my list. [Smile]

[ April 21, 2005, 07:06 AM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

quote:
Does it weird anyone else out that people who aren't coming are reading the thread?
Yes.
twinky
Member # 693

Geez, I have to spend a day at work now? Bah! Oh well, at least I have things I can do. Time to learn all about my benefits plan... between bouts of Hatrack, that is.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I just tried to log into my secure work systems with my Hatrack ID. [Blushing]

[ April 21, 2005, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

twinky
Member # 693

[Big Grin]

Will you be able to nap on the plane?

ElJay
Member # 6358

Possible, but not likely. I'll probably be pretty wired.

(The mistake wasn't due to fatigue, I feel fine. Just distracted. [Big Grin] )

twinky
Member # 693

Oh. Okay. [Smile]

(*bouncebouncebouncebounce*)

ElJay
Member # 6358

[Frown]

I went to check in and print my boarding pass on-line, and apparently you can only do that for flights originating in Canada. That seems somewhat silly.

twinky
Member # 693

[Eek!] You can do that?

[ April 21, 2005, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: twinky ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Well, yeah. Most airlines are up to 24 hours in advance, but Air Canada seems to be only 12 in advance and only for flights originating in the country. It's really nice, when you get to the airport you just go straight to security if you don't have to check bags. [Smile]

[ April 21, 2005, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

twinky
Member # 693

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

How did I not know about this? And here I've been using the express check-in kiosks all this time, thinking I was all smart and stuff since I hardly ever see anyone else using them. But now I know better! Those people were just printing their own boarding passes, and walking past me laughing to themselves about how stupid I am...

ElJay
Member # 6358

[ROFL]

So, ya gonna go check in?

twinky
Member # 693

I'm actually not sure that I want to do it this way. I like real boarding passes. But the least I can do is complete the first few stages of the online check-in process just to see how it works...
ElJay
Member # 6358

Suuuuuuure.

Added: I suppose you like real concert tickets, too? You know you can just print those out too, right?

[ April 21, 2005, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

twinky
Member # 693

Well, checking in at the Sarnia "airport" is hardly an issue. The plane only seats 16 or 18 people and is rarely totally full.

Edit: Yes, I do like real concert tickets. You can get them signed by the band. [Smile]

I like VIA Rail's system, actually. When you print your confirmation stuff it has a bar code that you can scan at the station to check in and get your ticket. I think that's a good system. And besides, I'm already paying a bunch for the ticket, Air Canada damn well ought to supply the paper! [Razz]

[ April 21, 2005, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: twinky ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

*amused* Just listened to a message from my father asking if I want to meet for coffee tomorrow afternoon. Um, no.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Does it weird anyone else out that people who aren't coming are reading the thread?
[Angst]

No, not really. I'm used to it by now.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I'm torn between [ROFL] and [Angst]
twinky
Member # 693

I caved and checked in online. That's pretty cool. [Cool]
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
One more day!

Anybody know offhand how much the tickets are for the ROM special exhibit? The ROM site is not getting along with my computer and I can't seem to find out, and I'm about to head to the bank to get out money for tomorrow.

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I just went and got my blechy allergy shot, which sucked even more than normal, but I sat and read about Toronto while I was waiting to see if I'd survive, so that was fun. [Smile]

twinky
Member # 693

I actually think it's been posted to this thread, but I don't know where. Looks like $10 from what I can see on the site.
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. I'm about to go for acupuncture, maybe I'll try that to distract myself too... Glad to know you're taking precautions in case you're allergic to any of us though. Wouldn't want that to spoil your weekend. [Razz]

Edit: Hmm. Yeah, I guess I could have thought to read through the thread again to find out, eh... Thanks!

[ April 21, 2005, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Astaril ]

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

*wonders where the allergist got the little bits of Canadian hatrackers to build up my resistance*

*decides I don't want to know*

[Razz]

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
*studies politics*

*bounce*

[Big Grin]

EDIT: The Weather Network says it's going to rain all weekend! Isn't that just peachy.

<---- spirits not dampened.

[ April 21, 2005, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

[Big Grin]

I'm totally scoping transit options around Toronto (between Pearson and the Crowne Plaza, for instance). Should keep me quite agreeably occupied until lunchtime in about 20 minutes. [Smile]

Edit: My spirits are not, er, dampened either. I thoughtfully packed an umbrella. [Big Grin]

[ April 21, 2005, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Teshi
Member # 5024

I fixed my umbrella yesterday.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I'm still hopeful, though. I also packed shorts. [Big Grin]
Miriya
Member # 7822

- posted      Profile for Miriya   Email Miriya         Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes... I can't read 17 pages that fast. Can someone enlighten me?
Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

EDIT: I was wrong on many counts. [Blushing]

[ April 21, 2005, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

twinky
Member # 693

I'm flying to Toronto from Sarnia tonight, as is ElJay [Edit: ElJay is not flying from Sarnia. She is flying from America. Just so we're clear on that.]. Tomorrow we're meeting Astaril and Teshi at the Bay Street bus terminal at 1 PM, and then we're meeting ReikoDemosthenes (who has flown in all the way from BC!), Eaquae Legit, Desdemona and her homestay Sachi in front of the ROM at about 5 PM. We'll get tickets to the special dinosaur exhibition, then go have dinner before going to see said exhibition. Then we'll ("we" being everyone who can/wants to) either go out dancing or back to the hotel to play games/swim.

Friday evening, TheTick, his wife Arthur, and their small child Ticklet are coming, as are Pod and Jaiden. We'll get in touch with them by phone to make arrangements to meet Saturday morning and sort out what time we want to go to the Science Centre.

Then I think on Sunday the current plan is to go to the zoo.

[Smile]

Edit: Teshi beat me.

[ April 21, 2005, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

A broader overview:

A bunch of Hatrackers are gathering in Toronto this weekend. There are activites planned for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Wanna come play?

Teshi
Member # 5024

Point on the swimming, I don't have a bathing suit with me in Toronto so swimming is not an option for me. However, I'll bring my camera and be poolside photographer...

[Evil]

ElJay
Member # 6358

You should have said something sooner! I could have packed and extra or three! I could still swing by home on the way to the airport...
twinky
Member # 693

Buy one. ElJay and Desdemona might be doing some shopping anyway.

[Razz]

Also, you didn't need to remove the content of that post. I thought it was pretty clear.

Teshi
Member # 5024

Nope, it's really fine [Smile] . Thanks for offering, though!

EDIT: About the post, I had all names mixed up, so I deleted it.

And I'm really tempted to go buy one because I love to swim, but... money... time... I have no idea where to... many factors...

When I came to Toronto, I was like "Ha, no way I'll need my bathing suit!" [Roll Eyes]

[ April 21, 2005, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Miriya
Member # 7822

- posted      Profile for Miriya   Email Miriya         Edit/Delete Post 
I would be fun to come out and be "real" at under 100 posts... but I'm not sure I can swing it. (I don't know how large the 'ticklet' is but trying to bring the "miriya-lings" to the ROM and having a coherent conversation with anyone is probably impossible)

The science centre on saturday might be do-able... any idea when you'll be there?

[ April 21, 2005, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Miriya ]

Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Not yet. But if you email me a contact number for you (my email address is in my profile), I or someone else can call you as soon as we *do* know. I have a list of people's cellphone numbers in case there are delays and/or mishaps.

[Smile]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Ticklet is under two, and won't be there for the Musuem Friday. I think we'll be getting a relatively early start (for people on Holiday) Saturday, and then having "unstructured time" afterwards when we're done. The Science Center, I believe, opens at 10.

It would be great to meet you! Reality is fun, honest!

Added: And to meet the miriya-lings! How many are there, and how old?

[ April 21, 2005, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

I'm going into meetings soon, and then heading out, so this will probably be my last post.

twinky, see you in about 8.5 hours. [Smile] I'm wearing dark blue jeans and a long-sleeved black t-shirt. I will be clearly labeled for easy identification.

The rest of you, see you Friday/Saturday! I'm excited, can't wait... Oh, and Astaril... I spoke with the chocolatier today, and the medallions I bought are, in fact, vegan. The truffles, obviously, aren't. [Smile]

Miriya, I hope you make it!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

YAY!

twinky
Member # 693

What kind of t-shirt has long sleeves? I thought "t-shirt" implied short sleeves? Maybe I just have an "old media" view of shirts...

Anyway, like I said, big silver headphones. And I think I'll be able to meet you right at the gate.

Teshi
Member # 5024

T-shirts with long sleeves are usually called "long-sleeved t-shirts", and they've been called that as long as I can remember...
twinky
Member # 693

Huh. I see. I would just call such a thing a "shirt," with no modifiers.
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.