FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm just the right size - or, the pregnancy thread (Page 17)

This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  63  64  65   
Author Topic: I'm just the right size - or, the pregnancy thread
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure you won't. [Smile]

(I just sent an email to you...)

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Wrote you back. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

[Smile]
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miriya
Member # 7822

- posted      Profile for Miriya   Email Miriya         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Has anyone heard from Miriya?

space opera

I'm back. I had baby Peep on Christmas eve. Everything went very well. I will have to post more detail tomorrow as the squirming little nurser on my lap isn't co-operating with my typing! [Big Grin]

Congratulations Space Opera and Beverly on your new arrivals!

Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ, I had months and months of nesting ... because so much needed to be done each time. As soon as I was over the Can't Move Because I'm Too Tired and Sick phase, I went into the cleaning - organizing - nesting phase, and it lasted until baby came. Every time. Well, except for #4, when I ended up with pneumonia so I went back into Too Sick to Move phase for the last several weeks. A lot just didn't get done for her.
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

KQ, all your other symptoms have come early and with a vengeance. Why not this one? [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
bev, I also lost my appetite today. Completely. And then, well, I was having this mysterious lower back pain. It kept coming and going...

Talked to my mom, who made me take my terbutaline for the first time in weeks.

Whaddaya know, the "back pain" went away and didn't come back. Oops, almost missed that one. [Blushing]

Guess I'm glad I have an appointment on Tuesday. I have a lot to talk to my doctor about, it seems.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, does that mean labour? [Eek!]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, I was feeling contractions in my back. They stopped with the terbutaline, and haven't come back so far. I can take it as often as every 4 hours if needed. The time to worry is if they come back and the terbutaline doesn't stop them. I'm not having any discharge or anything, so I'm not too worried. But I'll definitely be talking to my doc about it, and this probably means another cervical check. >_< Hate those.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I ended up feeling the pain again and having to take more at 3 in the morning. And I only slept 4 hours again last night.

My back is starting to hurt again, I'm waiting to see if it's the same thing or just ordinary back ache.

beverly
Member # 6246

Oh no... let's keep that baby in there! I'm sure Mrs. M would agree that preemies this early along are good to postpone.
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Take care of yourself and Bridget, kq!

I think I've decided to change doctors. I keep not wanting to, but it seems every time I go I leave confused or angry or both. I don't want this doctor delivering my baby; I don't feel comfortable around her.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That is exactly why I changed mine. I realized I didn't feel comfortable with the doctor I had delivering my baby. And I did not regret it once once I switched. (((hugs)))

Make sure you do what I did, and explain to the new doctor why you are switching. My new doctor discussed what exactly had made me uncomfortable, what I would like him to do to make me more comfortable, and how he could avoid me feeling that way with him. It was wonderful, and he remembered my concerns and addressed them, and made sure I was treated the way I wanted to be at every visit. Communication is wonderful. [Smile]

The terbutaline is still stopping the contractions. As long as it keeps working, we're good, and I'll talk to my doctor tomorrow about what's going on. [Smile]

whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Brinestone, where are you in Utah?
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Brinestone:
I think I've decided to change doctors. I keep not wanting to, but it seems every time I go I leave confused or angry or both. I don't want this doctor delivering my baby; I don't feel comfortable around her.

*hug* Better now than later.

Good luck finding a really good one! [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the Salt Lake Valley. Why? Do you know a good obstetrician?
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I do. Would you like me to email you or would you rather I just put it here?
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I need a really really good gyno in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Anyone know of any? *snort*
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

Sorry, can't help you. [Taunt]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*mutters* I don't like hot flashes. I don't like contractions. I don't like back pain. And I don't like the side effects of terbutaline. I REALLY don't like not sleeping more than 4 hours a day, with MAYBE a 1 hour nap if I'm lucky. *grumps*
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I know a very good one in France, quid, but I doubt that's any help for you...
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((kq)))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Either's fine. If you post it here, maybe someone else might benefit from the info. [Smile]
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

South Valley Women's Health
(801) 569-2626
3570 West 9000 South (just of Bangerter, it is at Jordan Valley Hospital)
Suite 210
Dr Kathleen Langer or Dr John Nicols. I have seen both of them.

I know that at one point they didn't accept IHC insurance.

I do have a friend that saw another doctor there and she would recomend her. Dr Morland I don't know what her first name is.

If they are to far away or the wrong insurance I can ask family who they recomend.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Back from my appt.

Cervix is fine. The check was even MORE uncomfortable than usual because he also took a sample for a fetal fibronectin test. But he is going on the assumption right now that I'm just taking after my mom (who had contractions but not preterm labor with two of the four of us.) He expects a negative. In the meantime, he said let him know if it keeps happening and keep it up with the terbutaline as needed, taking it easy and drinking lots of water, and abstaining from intercourse. (My husband is not pleased.)

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, and we're into the two-week appointment phase now.
beverly
Member # 6246

I never got to the once-a-week appointment phase. [Frown]
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

- posted      Profile for R. Ann Dryden   Email R. Ann Dryden         Edit/Delete Post 
Funny, I was at the once-a-week appointment phase pretty early. Like 28 weeks. Then twice a week at 33 weeks.
Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
kq - what a relief that your cervix is closed and the terbutaline is working. It's the one drug I was never on, but I hear it's pretty crummy. You can tell kpc that I was on pelvic rest (no intercourse) for 23 of my 26 weeks of pregnancy, so it could be worse.

Brinestone, I'm glad you're changing doctors - the things you wrote about your old one set my alarms off.

Mazel tov Miriya. I'd love to see pictures.

I saw my OB every day for the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy, but that's not a good thing. I'm having postpartum nesting - I have this compulsion to clean out our closets and attic. Of course, I also have mild OCD, so...

I have also completely lost my mind and am considering having another baby.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Whiskysunrise, what specifically did you like about those two doctors?
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, kq, my SIL (due same week as kq) had her doctor visit yesterday too. And now is up to every two week visits now. Her pregnancy is going extremely well. No problems at all. And my brother is going to get at least a week of paternity leave when the baby comes. [Party]
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

Dr Langer is my doctor. She listened to my questions and answered them. When she was in the room with us she wasn't acting like she couldn't wait to get out and go on to the next patient. She would take time with us to help us understand what was going on. She has a very good bedside mannor. She rememred (or took good notes) things from my first pregnancy.

Dr Nicol delivered my first baby because Dr Langer was on maternity leave. He was nice. I didn't actually see him as much, but he was understanding and he also took the time to listen.

I never really thought about what I liked about them so hopefully that made some sence.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

My test came back negative. I'm not in labor. [Smile]

I'm getting, as Imogen would say, "clucky". I set up the bassinet, which has been in storage in Emma's closet, today (didn't put the sheets on, but we're making a space for it, so might as well put it in its place and make more room in the closet, right?) I still can't stop cooing over it. [Smile]

imogen
Member # 5485

[Smile]

I'm glad you're not in labour.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Me, too. [Smile] This means no bed rest, no constant medication, and I get to go to my cousin's wedding as long as nothing changes. [Big Grin]
pepperuda
Member # 1573

- posted      Profile for pepperuda   Email pepperuda         Edit/Delete Post 
Introducing..... dan ta da.....

Alexa Nicole!

In her first appearance in a role as something more than a blob:)

She was so adoreable. Waving her little arms and kicking her little feet. She is quite the squiggle worm. It was fascinating to see her spine and her stomach and kidneys and heart and brain and....ah, I love my baby. Really, though, I couldn't see how the doctor could tell that she is a girl. But, we have picture of that part and it definitely doesn't look like a boy either.

Anyway. Congratulations, kq, on not being in labor and good luck, Brinestone, with the new doctor.

Posts: 240 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Awww! Could you see the little fingers? I remember being amazed by Emma's little fingers being visible on her ultrasound. [Smile]
pepperuda
Member # 1573

just once. She was... I don't know the word...fiddling with her hands up by her face at the first.
Posts: 240 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Awwww. [Smile]
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
I had another appt yesterday. I was exactly 37 weeks. I am dilated to 1 cm, or at least I was yesterday. I am pretty sure the contractions that kept me up half the night last night had to have accomplished something.

Now I have to balance the fears. I have to think about "am I really in labor" vs. the fear of having an unplanned home or freeway birth. My last labor was 2 hrs 45 mins from first labor pain to birth. The hospital is 20 minutes away (assuming no traffic). There are closer hospitals in an emergency, but my doc delivers only at this one hospital.

Well, maybe next week I will be dilated enough that he will give us an induction date. We can always hope.

Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M, is it dangerous for you to have another baby?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Mama S., how exciting! Is there a minimum you have to be dilated before they'll admit you to the hospital?

kat, I'm extremely high risk. I'm going to talk to my OB - I have an appointment in March. It might be better than my last pregnancy because we know what to expect and can take precautions. I'll probably also see my perinatologist. We'll see.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Mama Squirrel, I hope that everything goes well for you and you have a safe birth. Just think--you're almost there!
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, Mama Squirrel!

I had those same fears with every pregnancy. When my OB found me 3 cm dilated at an appointment with my 3rd, she said she was just going to admit me then. "This is your third; I don't want to send you home and then hear about you on the news having a baby on the bridge." I just walked out to the car, got my suitcase, and came back in and registered myself. It was kind of surreal. Let's see - that one took about 5 hours from the time of the OB check-up until the birth, and I was having no contractions when I got there. [Smile]

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miriya
Member # 7822

- posted      Profile for Miriya   Email Miriya         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Really, though, I couldn't see how the doctor could tell that she is a girl. But, we have picture of that part and it definitely doesn't look like a boy either.

I was told during my ultrasound that either they see male genitalia or they don't. They're not much to see if it's a girl. That's why if they say it's a boy they're pretty sure but they make more mistakes if they say it's a girl. It's easier to say "look there it is" than "hmmm I don't see it"

Mind you if you have a picture then it sounds like they got a pretty good look [Wink]

Mama Squirrel: Best of luck. You're almost there. You never know if your labour will be fast or not. My fourth was FAR FAR longer than my second and third. I could have made it to a hospital in the next province, not that I would have wanted to be in a car. I'd be nervous too though, hope you get your date.

Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Mama S., how exciting! Is there a minimum you have to be dilated before they'll admit you to the hospital?
Well, with Superstation I saw the doc at 40 weeks 4 days. I was 3 1/2 cm dilated and 80-90% effaced and still not in labor. I had him about 36 hours later just hours before my set induction. I think if the doc finds me at 3 cm next week he will set an immediate induction date. The doc just won't set an induction date until I am more dilated.

It is so close. It is scary and exciting at the same time. Pop thinks I am crazy because I am thinking about going natural on purpose this time (I didn't have a choice w/ Superstation). Although from what I have heard of inductions I probably won't. We will just have to see when the time comes.

Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

- posted      Profile for R. Ann Dryden   Email R. Ann Dryden         Edit/Delete Post 
I was inducted with Claire. I really really wanted a natural birth. But after 12 hours of extremely painful back labor that wasn't dilating me at all, I gave in and took an epidural. Oh what a relief. I could still feel the pain, but at least I didn't feel like my mind was splintering.

I think next time I'll just ask for the epidural.

Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I really recommend some kind of pain control if you're being induced. Regular contractions:Pitocin-induced contractions::having blood drawn:slitting your wrist. At least they were for me. >_<
pepperuda
Member # 1573

Phew! quite the painful analogy
  This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  63  64  65   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.