FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Battlestar Galactica Season 2 discussion thread (Page 7)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica Season 2 discussion thread
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
If she is a Cylon she would be one of the "Wise men" so to speak, you see its hard to explain but I've been doing alot of thinking (cuz Ive never had a show that so involved me in its plot before) as I usually do sometimes with other TV shows is play around with it but BSG more then anything and I imagined that say that I am correct and there was a generation 1 that was made but was defected for being "too human" whats the possibility that Dee if a Cylon is actually one of these defects and instead of trying to undercut humanity at every turn is instead trying to watch and learn from humanity and help it along. IF its possible I'ld think it'ld add additional plot lines later on.

But ya, the reason why I say this is because as I theorized before, logically you build a prototype and then mass produce but as with military hardware there's often many prototypes, the T-98/99 MBT had some 40 Prototypes before it was agreed by PLA high Command to mass produce them for service. For these Cylon models with a wide range of utility there would be more then one and if it was decided to despose of them its also possibly that at least ONE can escape to humanity and pass itself off as human and make its way in a position inwhich it can help humanity from the Cylon threat though probly has no actual idea as to what the threat is depending at what stage the project was at and the knowledge bestowed upon the Cylons.

The actual information given I think is pretty limited depending on the mission, and as with no. 6 we know that she was only given enough info to do her job and no more. The Cylons entering the depot probly were far higher up and knew far more. We also know that more then 1 can be activated at the same time as with the multiple sharons experiance one on Caprica, 1 on BSG and several on the Basestar. In fact some of the Cylons are probly intelligent enough to be able to plan out ops probly and act as think tanks.

But back to Dee, Dee has been such a supprting character giving "advice" as needed and helping the others is that it could feasibly add credibility to the theory though only circumstantial.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

no one wants to comment?
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alcon:

On a side note... what's with her standing outside Lee's door when he was talking with Starbuck at the end of the episode 2 eps ago?

See Carrie's post at the top of page 5.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, I get the feeling that Six is the one In Charge.

...maybe it's the red dress.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I've said this here... before... but alright:

I was watching "Litmus" (1.06) the other day, and there was an interaction between Gaius and Six that caught my eye. I'll paraphrase until I absolutely need to quote (does that two-line-unless-copyrighted-lyric thing apply here? I'm going to avoid it anyway).

(Gaius has just left Starbuck, who asked him what he thought about the idea that the Cylon suicide bomber was heading for him. He, being the self-absorbed idiot he is, obviously hadn't thought this far ahead and left in a hurry.)

Gaius: Why are they (the Cylons) trying to kill me?

Six: Not you, your work. You're an added bonus.
quote:
Baltar: Why are they trying to blow me up? You're the one that told me what to do in the first place. I wouldn't even be making this flipping Cylon detector if it wasn't for you.

#6: But I'm just in your head, Gaius. They don't know about me, or us, or our life together.

Baltar: How romantic.

(Full transcript here)

Am I interpreting this correctly? Do the rest of the Cylons really NOT KNOW about head-Six? Is Gaius really and truly nuts? Or is this just a gigantic mind-frack? Thoughts?

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
So, how about that episode, huh? Commander of Pegasus killed, illegal black market stuff (including prostitution), and all sorts of stuff. It was a fairly interesting episode. I'm looking forward to next week's episode though, which seems centered around Starbuck.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

I really liked it. I liked the background given about Lee - which was something we'd been missing. And I was not surprised in the slightest that he made the choices he did, which I think is a credit to the show's character development.

I need to say this as well: Dee = Bad. I cannot begin to fathom anytning she does! "Is this going anywhere?" This nonexistent "thing" is going NOWHERE. Gah!

Jamie Bamber is not only the most attractive man on television, he's also one of the most talented. Hooray for him. Except his looking at Dee.

I missed Starbuck, but only a little. I don't know what she would have added to the episode. I did, however, notice that the ex-girlfriend back on Caprica (or wherever) looked slightly like her... And the promo scene of her slapping Lee is going to be awesome.

Yay rambling. I'm waiting until the rerun, so I'll try to gather coherent thoughts until then.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
That scene where Dee asked him if the nonexistant whatever was going anywhere, that made me SQUIRM.

The talk between the Adama men at the end was interesting. Short, succinct, and I had to ask Nathan to man-translate.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
I need to watch it again, and then I need some translating too.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

What was the translation?
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
Translation: I'm your father, you are my son. We are both men.
Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dee = Bad. I cannot begin to fathom anytning she does! "Is this going anywhere?" This nonexistent "thing" is going NOWHERE. Gah!
I really like Dee's character. While I did not like the Dee/Adama sexual tension, I loved that she brought it to the surface so that it could be dealt with. The scene with her and Billy exercising and then seeing Adama in the corner of her eye, says to me that she's made her decision and she's sticking with Billy. I think the "thing" with Dee helped us see that Apollo was considering other options than Starbuck. Without that, the prostitute thing would have seemed less believable to me.

I was unimpressed with the scene where the President asked Baltar to resign. The whole "This is a one time offer" thing seemed off. She knows he's associated with the Cyclons somehow and wants him out of power. What benefit is there to making it a one time offer?

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know. Maybe it's a keep your friends close, but your enemies closer type thing. She gave him an out, a chance to escape. Now though he's stuck in that position, and she'll have her eye on him.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

- posted      Profile for R. Ann Dryden   Email R. Ann Dryden         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it means she was giving him a chance to go quietly, but since he refused she's gonna bring out her big guns.
Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
question: Did anyone else think that this one felt very much like film noir?

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

A bit. I was actually quite peeved that they did the whole "48 Hours Earlier" bit again. What, is that a Lee-episode thing? Spare me!
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Even the creator thought this was the weakest episode of BSG...
But, it's a learning tool if nothing else. [Smile]

My prediction is that Pegasus will be destroyed in the season finale and Baltar will join the Cylon fleet.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of great stuff tonight. However, I still have two complaints.

1. Why do writers think their story is more suspenseful if they tell it in flashbacks? If you have to remind me where I am in the story, there's a problem. Just tell it all the way through from beginning to end already.

2. The whole Anders subplot irks me. The Kara-Lee relationship was weird enough when I got the feeling that on some level she was replacing the dead brother. Throwing a less attractive Lee look-a-like in to the mix was just not a good call, IMHO. But then, most crappy writers feel the need for the guy and girl to not hook up in stupid ways to keep the supposed tension. After a while, it's not tense. It's trite.

A couple things I liked. First, the shots of the back of Starbuck's head against the fight footage. It sounds horrid on paper, but watching it really worked for me. Second, the scene at the end with her and Helo. After the important chat, they had a nice moment where they actually seemed like friends who'd known each other a while. That moment was worth more tome than the whole suicide run dogfight bit.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Helo tapped out. Bwahahahha. [Smile]

For a person who has serious attachment issues, Starbuck sure latched onto Anders pretty quick. Bothers me.

And for some reason, Cat was pissing me off. I think because Starbuck was vulnerable somehow and she was tearing into her.

Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I can see why she latched on to Anders though. A lot of shit happened to her on Caprica.

Cat was seriously pissing me off in this episode as well too. Arrogant little prick. I thought at the end she would recognise Starbuck's part in getting the kill instead of just lording the fact that she'd gotten it over her.

And I've also had enough with the flashbacks. They need to go back to the straight through the ep format.

Other than those nitpicks, excellent ep. I loved the Helo/Starbuck moment at the end. Of all the characters in the show I probably identify most with Helo.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

I would like to take this opportunity to profess my undying love for Colonel Tigh. That smirk on his face as Kat called Starbuck up to fill the mug... priceless!

I will seriously consider not watching an episode if they do the whole "xx Hours Ago" thing. Again. It was nice once, old twice, and now just distracting the third time. Get over it!

Anders is hot, but the whole relationship bugs me as well. It would be interesting if he shows up again - how would Kara deal with a live 'un?

Next week should be sad. I mean, really sad. But still a good episode.

mackillian
Member # 586

Yeah, three times with the flashback thing is obnoxious. Someone needs to be hit over the head for that.

And Kat really, REALLY should've mentioned something about Starbuck's part in her killing Scar. Without Starbuck, she wouldn't have done it. Starbuck chased Scar right into her gun range.

Also, that scene between Boomer and Starbuck got to me. It was like you could see that both of them wished Boomer were still human, and as Starbuck said, you can forgot that Boomer is a Cylon. The bit of camera work with not showing the Marines at the ready until Boomer reaches out for Starbuck (in a totally non-aggressive way) and then they show the Marines aiming for her.

fil
Member # 5079

- posted      Profile for fil   Email fil         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Starbuck sure latched onto Anders pretty quick. Bothers me.
I think it has very little to do with Anders. I think it has a lot to do with wanting to go home. I never really thought it was romantic attachment, not truly.

I did like the line alluding to "we don't need two Tigh's on this ship" from Kat to Kara (the only line from Kat that didn't annoy me). I wonder, are they purposely making Kat hard to like? What is different about her cockiness than Kara's (which was in strong evidence pretty much up until her promotion on Pegasus...)?

Posts: 896 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fil
Member # 5079

I liked the flashbacks in this and the last episode, especially how they got layered faster and faster with the new material. It worked. Also, as one who REALLY wants this show to stay on television I also realize that flashbacks=savings in $$$=continued air dates for the show. They are really doing this show on the relative cheap. And last night's special effects were top notch (as they have been since it started but even getting better as the show goes on). Next week will be probably sfx free based on the amount this week (kind of like the previous week's interior only episode). I don't mind a repeated sfx or scene here and there. Hell, the original show used the same 5 sfx shots for an entire year!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 896 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the flashback thing worked okay with this episode, but it's a device they've overused, especially two weeks in a row. I only really got annoyed with it when they re-told the part of the dogfight and cut it off again, going to commercial. I thought that was cheap.

I think they could have redeemed Starbuck's obsession with Anders with one simple line she could have said when she was telling Lee that she was hung up on a dead guy. "And I don't get it, because he's no different than any of my other one-nighters. Why now? Why HIM?" I could understand being obsessed over someone because it's easier than facing Life.

The best part of the episode was that last scene, I agree. Helo is such a great character. And heaven knows they could put more levity into these episodes. For a people on the bring of extinction, being hounded by a relentless enemy, they don't laugh nearly enough.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I sympathise with Kat (is it a C or a K?) somewhat. She definitely had some valid points about Starbuck (being too hungover to go on missions, for example) and the rest of the time, she wasn't really being any more obnoxious than Starbuck has been on any number of occasions. I can easily see how their situation can lead to flareups and hot tempers.

One thing I didn't get is why was Roslin left w/Galactica? I can't think of any reason for her not to go with the fleet.

quote:
For a people on the bring of extinction, being hounded by a relentless enemy, they don't laugh nearly enough.
Well, that made me laugh, at least.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
I like KAT as she is what Starbuck used to be, and I miss the "old" gungho Starbuck. Besides, everything that character said was basically my own criticism of the Starbuck character.
Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I think the line about Tigh is what really got to Starbuck.
Amanecer
Member # 4068

quote:
For a person who has serious attachment issues, Starbuck sure latched onto Anders pretty quick. Bothers me.
I think the point was that she only became so attached to him because he wasn't really there. He's most likely dead, and thus it is emotionally safe for her to pine after him. If he was really there, he'd no longer be safe and I think we'd see more of her get close/ pull away dance.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fil
Member # 5079

quote:
One thing I didn't get is why was Roslin left w/Galactica? I can't think of any reason for her not to go with the fleet.
I don't think she did. She could jump back to the Galactica to brief everyone from time to time in Colonial One. I doubt she was a permanent resident. They probably can't communicate when they are jumped apart (as we have seen in other episodes, thank you Tigh for losing the fleet) so she would need to jump back from time to time to get updates. And when she had to ask for another 8 days, that wasn't something that could be handled by Billy or other underling.

My 2 pennies, anyway.

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Who replaced Commander Visk?
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
What was that music they played at the end of Scar? Was that from "Deer Hunter"??

It was a perfect touch... I love how they have these pieces of Earth music or symbols tucked in every once in a while. I hope it has some greater significance.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

I suppose this is a bit of a spoiler...

As for who replaces Commander Fisk,

quote:
An officer named Barry Trammel is promoted to replace Fisk as commander of Pegasus. ("The Captain's Hand").
Thanks to www.battlestarwiki.org
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Hehe... I contribute to that site. [Smile]
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Kat had some valid points about starbuck, but the end really pissed me off. She knew that Starbuck led scar right into her sights, yet she acted like SHE did something amazing, when after all she was the one fooled by the immitation scar.
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

BILLY!!!!

Fairly good episode. I'm not glad that good guys got shot, per se, but I'm glad that some good guys actually did get shot. There was no "miraculous-just-in-the-nick-of-time" rescue.

I thought Tigh (Saul, that is) was spot on, as usual; I thought Lee and Dee had less than no chemistry between them; I wanted to smack Dee for breaking Billy's heart - because he was probably the sweetest guy on the entire show; and I wish they had done more with the wavering hostage-taker. I wonder what his story was.

Ooh... and I think my favourite part was when Kara realized she shot Lee.

And did you hear the preview of next week? Our favourite flyboy is getting a promotion! And, apparently, taking control of Pegasus... [Big Grin]

Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
You know... he must heal really fast to be taking control of Pegasus after getting shot like that... [Razz]

I wasn't terribly happy with this eps interaction between Adama and Sharon. I was kinda pissed at Sharon for refusing to help Adama with the other cylons, though I could understand why she'd say no. And I was pissed at Adama for being so damn suspicious. And where was Helo when she really needed him? [Frown]

The hostage situation was really interesting. I liked how they did it, I was sad to see Billy go, but it kept it realistic. I think I knew from the beginning of the episode that he was gonna go.

Too bad Hellen couldn't have gone along with him... or we couldn't trade him for Hellen...

Yeah... and I'm kinda mad at Dee for breaking Billy's heart... and I'm rather annoyed at Lee for letting her.

Oh well, still with the good episode [Smile]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

Billy + Dee = Happy Viewer
Dee + Lee = Annoyed Viewer
Show - Billy = Sad Viewer [Frown]

AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm more annoyed with the show for keeping the Dee and Lee relationship confined to a couple snippets and then springing it on us like some full blown romance. I can see where Billy was shocked. So was I.

Brings up an interesting thought, though. What kind of guy is Lee that he's off with the hooker one week and ready to hop in bed with Kara the next and then he's dating Dee? The future does not look good for any kind of faithfulness in his relationships.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Lee+Dee=cannot happen because one is enlisted and the other an officer.

And it just seemed SO out of place for Dee to be at Lee's bedside and not Guilty Starbuck.

Starbuck really had one of the Most Pitiful Faces Ever when she's left outside the bar after Adama goes in. I think she was really, really struggling with the idea that she could be the one responsible for the deaths of both Adama boys. o_O

I think Sharon refusing to help find other Cylons was spot on. As long as Sharon is on the Galactica, she will do anything to keep the Galactica from being destroyed and with it, to some extent, the fleet. This means any direct threats she'll help Adama defeat. But other Cylons in the fleet that are not Direct Threats, she still isn't going to help with. Why? Sharon is still a Cylon. She struggles a lot with acceptance of being a Cylon, but she still holds the Cylon Disdain for Humans. Sharon is a confusing character, just as she is much confused herself.

And Billy. Oh, Billy. [Frown] He was such a nice, sweet guy. [Frown] I wanted to smack Dee around for toying with him. Not cool, Dee, not cool.

Then Adama, just...STANDING...there as Roslin grieves over Billy, whom she obviously viewed as a surrogate son or nephew or something of the like. But I think Adama was struggling with the fact that his son, once again, lived, while Billy did not.

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Starbuck leaving the room when she sees Dee by Lee's bed... [Frown]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow I joined the fray very late in Season 2 here...anyway...

I asked for Season I for Christmas, but was denied for reasons unbeknownst to me. Sigh.

So, I begged and begged until my wife finally browe down and bought it for me 2 weeks ago. I watched the whole thing in 2 days around work and this thing I call my life such as eating, working, and sleeping which all seemed secondary until completing Season I...

To make things worse, I recorded a few episodes from Season II on our DVR and watched two of them out of order. So I was browsing Amazon.com last week and thought I should check out when Season 2 would ship, and I nearly died!

The first half of Season 2 is out? Wierd. Needless to say, priority shipping seemed so necessary at that point, no wonder my wife nearly flipped when she found the package the next day...

So here I am a bit behind, but I caught about 5 episodes in a row this week being rerun on Scifi and recorded all of them on DVR. I just finished watching them as well and I am completely and utterly blown away.

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

So you're saying you like it?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marlozhan
Member # 2422

- posted      Profile for Marlozhan   Email Marlozhan         Edit/Delete Post 
Finally! I just got caught up with the whole series thus far by watching last night's episode. Netflix is my friend [Smile]

So does anyone know how long the season is gonna be this year? Have they said how many episodes there will be, or is that still unknown to us viewers?

Man, this show is good. The worst thing about good shows is when they end. What will I do with myself? Furthermore, other TV shows just seem so bland since I've been on my BG marathon.

Posts: 684 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, its ok... [wink wink]

I just didn't want to gush out all the things I have on my mind into one very rambling post so I thought I should stop there, so I did.

I have detiorated into watching The History Channel, Discovery, The Science Channel, The Military Channel and a few very ecclectic shows and channels that further define my sad state of TV viewing. I regularly watch American Idol, and when at my moms for some strange reason, I watch nothing but The Game Show Channel. Throw in some G4TV and movie channels, and that is the extent of what I watch.

So for me, BSG is easily the best show on TV, because it is one of the few I watch at all :-)

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

quote:
So does anyone know how long the season is gonna be this year? Have they said how many episodes there will be, or is that still unknown to us viewers?
20 episodes, last night was... 16. I think.

Spoiler-y Titles of Upcoming Episodes (from memory):

So we've got these left...

The Captain's Hand
Downloaded
Lay Down Your Burdens Parts 1 and 2 (season finale).

I'm not missing any, am I?

Alucard...
Member # 4924

Noemon, my question to you is which do you like better: BSG or Firefly? I myself would be hard pressed to pick a favorite...
Noemon
Member # 1115

Well, they're pretty different from each other, but if I had to pick between getting to see another season of Firefly and seeing another season of BSG, I'd go with Firefly. So yeah, Firefly.
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say firefly, also. For a few reasons, the main one being that the eminent physical threat of the Cylons forces the characters to act like they are in the military, whereas, the crew of Firefly are more like free and equal citizens. When Adama pulls rank, its because there needs be a strict hierarchy for the survival of the species, when Mal tries to pull rank, he needs to have more penetrating moral insight, and even then, there is always threat of mutiny.

In short, Mal has to explain his decisions and seek agreement. Adama only needs to give an order.

Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I think you're right in that, Irami, but I'm not sure why that makes Firefly the better show for you. Can you elaborate?
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.