FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » (Formerly Nerdfest) Atlanta/Kennfest is just days away! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: (Formerly Nerdfest) Atlanta/Kennfest is just days away!
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
why not nathan?
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
hmm... I have 4 rewards credits currently...

*begins buying wendy's for lunch again*

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. Here's the deal AirTran flies out of LAX (which is not my fave airport, but for $64 will work), but only to Atlanta.

Which totally works!!!

How lucky is that?

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
(Of course, I'm not sure if those instructions are saying you ALREADY have to have a reward account with AirTran, or just have to be 18 by Nov. 1. 'Cause we don't already have a reward account.)

(Also, I'm not sure if Wendys around here is participating.)

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hmmm, and it's actually 1 reward credit per four coupons, and a maximum of 32, so the maximum you can send in to one account is 128, for a total of 32 reward credits. Hmmm.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yeah, doesn't look like it's going to work for me. Back to the "Santa" plan.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Looks like $216 (if just I go) is the lowest fare for me-- I'd get there Sat. and leave Tue. Actually not that bad. But I won't be able to hold Ems on my lap, so that adds another $108 or so, unless I leave her at home and she stays with my dad (who gets national holidays off) that Monday.
Ben
Member # 6117

okay, so we to do this, we must block rooms. i need a head count.

word!

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Don't count me in. I may show up but it's looking more and more unlikely. [Cry]
Ben
Member # 6117

*bump*
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

I'm in... or at least enough that I'll eat the cost if I don;t make it...
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Jamie is going to be taking an EMT course. She was planning on doing it in November, but the class is full, so she is planning for January.

The course is one month long, and 2 hours away, so she is not going to be staying here at the apartment for most of the month. Which means I'll be alone in the apartment for a month, with the exception of Saturdays (when I work, anyway).

I'd be available, but if I went, it would upset Jamie quite a good deal.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

And if you did that, you might end up accidentally falling on a sword or something. [Razz]
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

"he ran into my knife... he ran into my knife 10 times"

(corrected per IMDB)

[ November 07, 2005, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Jim-Me ]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea what you people are insinuating. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

We're not insinuating anything. Are we? *hides behind Jim-Me*
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
He had it comin'
He had it comin'
He only had himself to blame
If you'd've been there
If you'd've seen it
I betcha you would have done the same!

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

me? insinuate? I'm not that subtle...

I am noting, however, that no one is coming now that I've said that I am, but at least KQ still thinks highly enough of me to use me as a pincushion *pouts* [Smile]

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
I am planning to try to come.

Am seeking roommate(s). [Smile]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

I'm coming. Whether I stay in a room, take occassional naps in the common room, or return to my apartment is up in the air at this point.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

Judie, you and i can snuggle in a room
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to come, but I don't think I'm going to have the money. [Frown]
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
i can come. im not sure i can afford to stay there tho. i might commute since i live right soutside of Atlanta. it depends on whether commuting or staying at the hotel is cheaper.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

the hotel is off of exit 269 on 75.
Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
Originally posted by Ben:
Judie, you and i can snuggle in a room

[Roll Eyes]

[No No]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
i wonder if this thread can stay alive until the actual day of the event? im currently taking bets...
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
It may not be on the front page the whole time if that's what your mean by alive, but it'll still exist, and probably will be on the front page that day.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 1549

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll check back in January to see if it happens.
Posts: 110 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Ben, do you need me to contact Kelly about a room block?

See, they'll hold a block of rooms for reservations up until two weeks before. Probably, it will be at the same rate we negotiated before. Including tax and everything, I think it worked out to $75.00 per night per room. Shared four ways, it isn't bad (and more can pile in, they don't seem to care). Breakfast is of the free continental kind. The meeting room should be cheap if the commuters chip in, too (last year it was...$2.50? Under five dollars anyway).

The meeting room is optional, of course, but it makes a neat place to gather to watch movies or play games. Plus, that way nobody has to hang out in the hotel room/house/apartment of somebody they just met. It increases the comfort level by being semi-public. [Big Grin]

I'm in. I may or may not stay on site. My guest rooms are currently occupied, and if my sister comes that may also fill up my couches. However, if anybody I've roomed with before wants to crash at my house in a sleeping bag or whatever, I think that would be fine with Ron. Just a warning: my house is always full of people milling around. Privacy and bathroom time would be a premium. [Wink]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

Sorry to all of those who have contacted me regarding this and i have not responded, it's been a busy couple of weeks.

This weekend I am blocking rooms at the Wingate Inn, same place as last year. It will be MLK weekend 2006, and I hope to see as many of you there as possible. I am stoked about it. I will feel more like a host this time around, considering it's now my neighborhood.

word to your moms.

that is all...

[ December 01, 2005, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Ben ]

Olivet
Member # 1104

He means MLK weekend 2006.

And I will be looking forward to seeing you all as well. [Smile]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
I think I can come! [Big Grin]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a local, can I come? :puppy eyes:
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

anybody can come.
except you.

Taalcon
Member # 839

I'm totally there.

Besides. I need an excuse to get Olivia her book back. *grin*

Ela
Member # 1365

So, is this thing happening? Should I reserve a room? And what's the "code word" for the block of rooms?

(Not "computer companions" again, is it? [Razz] )

Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
<walks away, dejected>
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

quote:
Originally posted by Ela:
So, is this thing happening? Should I reserve a room? And what's the "code word" for the block of rooms?

(Not "computer companions" again, is it? [Razz] )

[ROFL]
Ela
Member # 1365

Glad I was able to amuse you, Dave. [Smile]

Seriously, it sounds like a bunch of old fogies.

Or maybe a bunch of <gasp> dorks. [Razz]

LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
To me, Computer companions sounds like a Match.com convention.
Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

Well, Ben met Lindsay there. Does that count? [Wink] [Smile]
Olivet
Member # 1104

Ben was distracted by something shiny, and I was out of town. Sorry. [Wink]

I'll find out. I'm not sure if Ben talked to the hotel or was thinking I had done it (I didn't). But I WILL let you know by tomorrow (have loads of stuff to do today, and it may be a late evening).

SwampJedi, you are more than welcome, I'm sure. *smacks Ben upside the head*

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Due to the shoulder issues and possible surgery, we might could come after all.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I still consider myself to be very tenative for this. It depends on family stuff, and what happens when. I might decide at the last minute to come down. I'm pretty sure I could afford it. And I'd love to see everyone again. So who knows--I might show up.
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going.
Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

DUDE!
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Do we know the starting and ending times for this gathering yet? I'm trying to book a flight back home at the end of the weekend, and I need to know if I can leave on Monday or if there will be something going on that day that I won't want to miss.

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Oy, I'll try to get the specifics for you. I think it's fairly nebulous at the moment.
Ben
Member # 6117

hey, i've had alot going on the past few days. i will try to call the hotel before the weekend and block some rooms.
Olivet
Member # 1104

Ask for Kelly. Or do you want me to do it?
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.