FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » (Formerly Nerdfest) Atlanta/Kennfest is just days away! (Page 5)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: (Formerly Nerdfest) Atlanta/Kennfest is just days away!
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
OK! i need to know how many rooms to book. the following are people who i think said they are coming: * = maybe

me
lindsay
olivia
dave
judie
sarah
jamie *
Nate *
ladyday
krynn
swampjedi *
ketchupqueen *(here's to hopin')
pH *
Allegra *?*
airmanfour?

this list is tentative obviously, so, yea let me know how many rooms i need.
Give me a most certain YES or NO please.

that is all...

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
What about Lucky? Anyone contact her?
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure we left her a voicemail. But we'll try again.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

We are checking to see if narrativium is interested in coming.

[ September 04, 2016, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: Ela ]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

*bump*
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

I just sent out an email to those who expressed interest here but have not said for sure what the situation is. Judie and Sara, I didn't send you the email because I already know you need rooms. I also didn't e-mail Jeremy or Abby, but I trust you to let me know what they say.

Billie, you're address isn't listed, but I'm assuming you need a room.

Swampjedi, your address also wasn't listed, and you never stated for sure your intentions to come, or whether you would need a room if you did.

If I overlooked you, or if you are interested but haven't said anything yet, please let me know. Everybody is welcome, and the more the merrier.

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for Lucky4   Email Lucky4         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the email Judie. [Smile] And the voicemail, Ben and Lindsay. [Smile]

I doubt I'll be able to make it- I end up working almost every weekend. Bottom of the totem pole and all that. I'll be thinking about you though and wishing I were there. I'll keep the date in the back of my mind and if something crazy happens and I get the weekend off, I might show up spontaneously. After all, I'm already working Christmas and New Years, so I should get MLK off, right? Right?! (silence from the staffing department...)

Take lots of pictures!

Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

How can they make you work every single weekend? I can understand every other weekend or even every third weekend, but every weekend is rediculous.

Hope you figure out some way to get there.

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
So, Atlanta locals, what's the deal? You wanna get together with some of us sometime before this and plan some activities?

I think we sould have a costume party one night just to keep the dress-up tradition going.

What say you?

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

Thank you krynn and Avadaru for replying to my email.

The rest of you--please, please, please let us know what's going on. It's one month out, people. At least let us know whether you're still considering.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*grumps around*

*SOOO wants to go*

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I have *counts* SIX of those airtran coupons [Frown] so, not enoughto even get a oneway.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
The cheapest flight has come down-- something like $180. Jeff would keep Ems (wow! I've never had a weekend free from her since... she was born!), I would get there Sat. morning, would have to crash with someone... But right now, $180 is not in our budget for fun. Jeff wants to send me anyway, so I'm having to be the strong one who says, "we can't afford it right now", and it's HARD, because I want to go, and he wants me to be able to go, and just when I think I've pushed it out of my mind, he brings up that there's a lower fare. But we can't afford it, so I'm not going to even entertain the thought. *sigh* I hate having to be the strong one about stuff like this. But I suppose it builds character.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chreese Sroup
Member # 8248

- posted      Profile for Chreese Sroup           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll look into flying standby again; I'd need a room.
Posts: 189 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I have... less than $25.00 in the T-shirt fund. I have to have at least that much to get money out...

But it was originally intened as a fund to help people get to wenchcon. We just never sold enough shirts to do it. :/

Ela
Member # 1365

Hey, I bought 7 tshirts and two mugs. [Wink]
Olivet
Member # 1104

I know. Nearly everything the cafe press store sold was to you (and me). I think I just left the mark-up too low. And this year it's too late to try to have new shirt designs and stuff.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I honestly don't know yet because of my shoulder. [Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I do not know for sure yet and I do not think I will know until a couple weeks before. I am going to be getting a ride to Atlanta with a friend if I go and he is not the most reliable person. Him saying that he can do it now does not mean much about whether it will happen.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
Originally posted by Olivet:
I know. Nearly everything the cafe press store sold was to you (and me). I think I just left the mark-up too low. And this year it's too late to try to have new shirt designs and stuff.

So use the design we used last year. It's still a good design. [Smile]

Wenchcon t-shirt [Big Grin]

Olivet
Member # 1104

Yeah! I forgot I left off the dates last year, so it would still work.
Ophelia
Member # 653

Ooh, there's a stein!
Ela
Member # 1365

So, I am curious to know if the hotel at least knows that we are thinking of doing something there over MLK weekend?

I will make our reservations as soon as the rooms are blocked.

Olivet
Member # 1104

I'll ask the benster tonight, if he ever shows up. [Wink]
Chreese Sroup
Member # 8248

- posted      Profile for Chreese Sroup           Edit/Delete Post 
hm, I don't know how up to this I'll be... Hopefully more than I am at the moment. Funerals aren't very 'lifting' of an activity.
Posts: 189 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I could come... *pouts*
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

*bump*

Anything happening?

Ben
Member # 6117

VM was left with the group sales person by Olivia. i am calling again tomorrow to follow up.
this weekend had me somewhat out of sorts.
sorry for the delay.

Ela
Member # 1365

VM?
Ophelia
Member # 653

voicemail
Ela
Member # 1365

Oh. [Smile]
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

Any news?

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

JaneX
Member # 2026

...?

Some of us are running out of time to make travel arrangements, you know.

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

haven't had access to the internet. Room blocks are made, under computer companions. So, yea. get cracking, as sarah said, time is running out. i cant wait to see people. hope many of you can come. the block is for friday-sunday night (check out monday)

Wingate Inn
(770) 514-7344

that is all.

Sala
Member # 8980

- posted      Profile for Sala           Edit/Delete Post 
I live just a few hours north of Atlanta. Please tell me what Wenchcon is, if newbies can come, what all is done there, etc. ~Sala
Posts: 315 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

She was supposed to email me the contract while I was in the mountains. I had to drive 45 min to get internet access, and I never got the email, so I assumed Ben and Lindsay handled it, as they were in town for a bit more of the time.

Sala, WenchCon started when Belle and I decided to go see Two Towers together and a bunch of our LotR fen from Hatrack said, "May we come, too?" Many were from waaay out of town, so I found a hotel and scheduled a meeting room for our comfort (the hubby was okay will Belle coming over because we'd met before, but he didn't want strangers hanging out at our house and no one wanted to watch movies in someone else's hotel room, ya know).

Jenny Gardener came, bringing costumes her mother had made, and we all went to the theater in costume. The nine of us had a blast, so we did it again the following year for RotK and the year after that, for the heck of it.

I think wer should have a costume dance or a cosplay time this year, but it will not be so lotr-centric. The hotel has a hot tub, which is nice in January. We'll play games and eat out, Last year we went dancing. I guess it just depends.

The first year was mostly mature women, the second year we were swarmed with many, many boys of the under 25 variety, and last year it was a more mixed bag.

Everyone is welcome, and it will be in a relatively public meeting room. My one rule is that we don't break any of the hotel rules or break any laws. One year some 17 or 18 year old boy wandered around the hotel lobby with a bottle of wine asking for a corkscrew O_O which I didn't appreciate. It was my own fault, though, because I hadn't bothered to set ground rules. It hadn't been necessary the first year.

Anyway, this isn't some Scifi convention/orgy. At least not where I can see. *wags matronly finger*

Seriously, it's always been great fun, and every year has been different.

Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
To clarify, this is January 13-15, correct?
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Yes, the last I heard.
JaneX
Member # 2026

Speaking of WenchCon activities - anyone want to go contradancing on Friday night? I've been dying to go, and there's no contradancing here until after I go back to school. [Frown]

~Jane~

Ben
Member # 6117

dancing! i'm on it!
JaneX
Member # 2026

A Google search for "contra dancing + atlanta" turns up this...

~Jane~

krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
what is contradancing? anyway, im sure we will find a few fun things to do with everyone. my main question is (cuz im too lazy to look it up..) will someone please email me and let me know the exact dates of MLK weeknd. if that is still when we are all getting together. i think someone already did once, but i accidently deleted them when i was cleaning out my inbox.

I plan on coming, but im still not sure if i want to spend any money on a hotel room. i might just drive home at the end of the night and come back. im terrible at planning things in advance, but im trying to make an exception for this event.

Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
it's about 4 posts up from you jan 13-15.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

*is up for, well, almost anything*
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

Dave, for how close you live to us, we don't see you enough. [/random aside]
Taalcon
Member # 839

I know. I suck.
JaneX
Member # 2026

Contradancing.

It's similar to square dancing, except dancers are arranged in rows instead of squares. It's energetic, really social (you dance with literally everyone in your row), and a whole lot of fun! [Big Grin]

~Jane~

Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I love contradancing! Now I want to go even more! I am sure I will find a way to get up there if the futon is still available. I might have to use my money on transportation instead of the hotel.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

futon is maybe avail. if its taken, our sofa is certainly available. and floor. we got floor.
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.