FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » (Formerly Nerdfest) Atlanta/Kennfest is just days away! (Page 6)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: (Formerly Nerdfest) Atlanta/Kennfest is just days away!
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, guys, book your rooms and let us know you're coming. Or don't book your rooms and let us know you're not coming. Because right now very few of you are saying one way or the other, and we really do need to know definites.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
OK, what's the final details of it? And since I live in Atlanta, can I come without booking a room and so on?
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I really really wish I could come. But I can't. [Frown]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
It's MLK weekend, in kennesaw, and no you don't need a room. right now we are working off of Napoleon's Plan. Show up and see what happens.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
We aren't coming. [Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I am coming, but not booking a room. *grin*
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
same here
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Ela and I are going to call the hotel tomorrow.

And we're looking for a roommate, or two. Anyone interested?

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

Yay! I don't think I've been able to chill with JaneX and Ela since...WenchCon II!

(As I said before - I only attend the even numbered WenchCons.)

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

how much was it a room if it goes to 3/4 ppl? wasnt it about 15-20 dollars a person?
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
It falls in that range with 4 people, after you do the tax. I think with three it's $25.00 a night.

Sorry I can't get a room this year myself, so I'll miss out on the slumber party with Ela and Jane [Frown]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone staying at the hotel? It won't be fun if we are the only ones there... [Frown]

...Plus, I don't know if we can do it without a roommate or two.

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I live in the area, but will be out of town that weekend. Hope you all have fun!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

ok, i know i just posted a thread for this, but i figured i would mention it here. if anyone of u are interested in Legos for yourself or your children, I have LOADS that im trying to get rid of. If anyone is interested please let me know. im going to get pictures of everything up on the internet within the next few days. So if anyone of you are going to WenchCon and are driving, it might be a good place to get a belated x-mas gift for someone.
Ophelia
Member # 653

So I was thinking that we would definitely be staying at home, and not at the hotel, due to finances. But since it seems like I'll be getting paid for last week (supervisor just came in to warn me that my check won't be direct deposited tonight due to the fact that the paychecks haven't been shipped to us yet, which implies that it will be direct deposited at some point in the future). So maybe we'll be able to stay in the hotel after all.

*crosses fingers*

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
*grumbling* I was just south of Atlanta last weekend. Right place, wrong time.

Guess I'll have to content myself with VirtualCon. If KQ and Quid will let me join??? [Wink]

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

have any of us decided on definate activites that we will be doing? MLK weekend is pretty close and i still have only seen suggestions. i guess i just would like to know what the group will be doing.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenna, you are so invited to VirtualCon.

Ben is NOT.

He's going to miss our Virtual Fancy Dress Dance, too.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

**this is ben**

i've been trying to get a group to go to Dad's Garage for the past 2 years. i'd like to drag them this year.

and movies, we can watch lots of movies. and food, and a hike up kennesaw mountain, and other stuff.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

There's a mountain out there? I didn't see any mountains out there. [Razz]
Ben
Member # 6117

a small hill actually.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

and dancing. i'll be shaking booty (making sweet love all the night, it's time i got back to the good life) per jane's request.
krynn
Member # 524

we could all go see a movie together, and put our collected review up on the forums.
Ben
Member # 6117

that would be cool.
krynn
Member # 524

We should decide on a time everyone should meet at the hotel. Then, depending on what time we all choose, we should either go do something, then go out to eat together, or vice versa.
Ophelia
Member # 653

In the past, we've worked around Ela and JaneX's schedules, as they cannot drive anywhere (among other things) between sundown Friday night and Saturday night. But Jane wants to go dancing Friday night, so I'm actually confused on that point now . . .

But anyway, there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance from the hotel.

And with so few people coming from out of town this year, it would make a more specific meeting time easier.

JaneX, are you flying into Atlanta, or are you driving with your mother? (In other words, do you need one of us to pick you up? Since Ben and I won't be driving in from another state, I promise we'd pick you up and get you to the hotel much quicker. I could probably even ask to cut out of work early if I have to.)

And has anyone heard from ladyday? A few pages ago she said she was coming . . . and her e-mail is not listed, or I would just e-mail her myself.

Ela
Member # 1365

JaneX and I are coming together, probably by car, since the hotel arrangements were finalized too late for us to get a cheap flight.

And I just want to reiterate that we don't want to stay at the hotel if we are the only ones staying there. We have made reservations, but it is pretty expensive for us if we don't have a roommate or two, and I'm just not sure I would want to spend that much money for 3 nights (maybe one, probably Friday night, since that covers the Sabbath, but not three).

I'd rather crash on someone's floor. (If it turns out that it's mostly locals not staying at the hotel.)

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

Wait, it's actually in Kennesaw? Awesome! I'll probably be able to walk there!
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I'll have to clear it with the spouse (I think it will be okay, because he's met you guys) but a floor crash would be possible at my place, barring accidents.

I don't know if having no sleeping rooms for most of the weekend will hurt our meeting room rate or not. I'll try to find out.

Is everybody still cool with pitching in for the meeting room if it's $10 a person instead of five?

I'll just wait until I get hold of someone and find out. [Frown]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

Did anyone reserve a room at the hotel besides us?
Ben
Member # 6117

lindsay and i did. we want to stay there so we can use the jaccuzi
Ela
Member # 1365

Livvy, we might like to crash there one or more nights, if it's okay with the hubby. I'm still waiting to see who else is staying at the hotel, and whether we can get roommates.

Also for Livvy, do you want more hand-me-down clothes for the boys? Let me know their sizes and I'll see what we have.

Ela
Member # 1365

Just out of curiosity, do we have a headcount of who's actually coming to this shindig?

Does Morbo know about it?

Taalcon
Member # 839

The real question is... will you be singing us grisly Hebrew lullabies? Please?
Ben
Member # 6117

or at least singing us Jimmy Durante songs?
Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
Originally posted by Taalcon:
The real question is... will you be singing us grisly Hebrew lullabies? Please?

Sure. Why not? [Smile]
Ben
Member # 6117

black mage, rumour has it you cook a mean chocolate something, your price of admission is said chocolate treat.
Black Mage
Member # 5800

Oh dear . . . well, get me a headcount and a list of allergies and I'll make the best fudge y'all have ever had.
Ela
Member # 1365

Mmmmm....fudge. [Big Grin]
Black Mage
Member # 5800

Oh, and by the way: if anyone makes comments or puns regarding the fudge and the fact that I'm gay, I will be sure to shove a spatula into your chest cavity and through your heart as soon as I get the chance.
Ben
Member # 6117

**This is Lindsay**

No allergies on my part! (Unless you were planning on putting penicillin in the fudge . . . which would be odd.)

As for head count . . . we're still trying to get that ourselves. It looks to be hovering around ten, which is rather low.

Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Ela, I have seen this thread, thanks for asking.
I haven't been involved yet because I'm not sure if I can get off work to come.
I already know I have to work on Fri., but I'll try to get the weekend off. [Smile]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Ya better. I still owe you your danged book!

No food allergies here, either. [Smile]

Question, though... Is Joldo interested in coming? I thought he was local, too.

Ophelia
Member # 653

Black Mage is Joldo.
Olivet
Member # 1104

This is what I get for being on Hatrack Lite [Wink]

Hotel has changed management, and they are offering us the meeting room at $75.00 a day instead of $25.00 a day. Which, in layman's terms, blows.

Ben is looking around for hotels near your place for the few people who are coming from out of town, so they can be in walking distance of fun stuff and your place, too. Though he also suggested maybe sharing room expenses one night at the Winngate, just for the hot tub action. *shrug* We could hang out and play games in the lobby on Saturday, I guess, or split the cost of the meeting room for that one day. (We are also trying to sweet-talk the hotel into a better rate, but with only one room booked in our block, there is not much leverage).

I'll let you guys know what happens. *stress*

Olivet
Member # 1104

Also... my computer is not working *again* and it has all my email addresses on it. Has anybody heard from Ladyday? Ive tried AIMing her, but haven't caught her yet. AIM Express is frustrating. >_<
krynn
Member # 524

for those of u in kennesaw, can u think of any fun places for us to go besides a movie theater? also, we all might want to bring some food, and we can have a lunch/dinner together at the hotel buffet style. that would save us from having to go out for every meal, tho i would like to once with everyone.

Board games and group games are fun, but im trying to avoid those right now because i think its not worth the time traveling for some ppl to come all the way here just for group games.

whats the area code for the hotel ppl are staying at? maybe i can use that to find some more activites for us to do.

Ben
Member # 6117

kennesaw has a mountain, we are just astones throw from atlant with museums, dance clubs, and DAD'S GARAGE!

w00t!

Black Mage
Member # 5800

Not to mention a little drive from Marrietta Square, with its excellent Australian Bakery and general walking-around-ness.

Oooh! If we meet in Kennesaw, we have to go to Wild Man's shop! It'll terrify all of you.

Actually, I'm still afraid of that place. Y'all go in, I'll stand outside. Shiny?

krynn
Member # 524

lets find a bunch of things going on that weekend and then we can all pick and choose what we want to do. maybe take a vote on the forum before we all meet up. Ben, a lil help with our options... hehehe, i like putting responsibility off onto someone else!
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.